4.70 star(s) 55 Votes

irezawa

Nov 4, 2017
Any ideas how to make an "if" -syntax for checking if person watching me and another person fooling around is of certain relation to her? Like, "if watcher is person's rival" or "if watcher is person's mother"? I'm going through relation stuff in script.rpy and it's right there but I just can't figure out how to use it.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it now. All I had to do was take a break and get some fresh air. Works every time.

Last edited:

seden

Aug 22, 2016
Yes, when locked not finding the way, a step back or to the side usualy make enough difference.

willcarlton77

Jul 13, 2017
Running version 24.1 and I saved my game. When I came back to play I got this and cannot advance time from any save.
It seems like it happened after I met with Alexia and now everything is screwed up. Reinstalled game, mods and bugfixes and that did nothing. Any idea?

Code:
[code]
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8747, in script call
    $ picked_option.call_action()
  File "game/game_roles/role_alexia.rpy", line 240, in script call
    call advance_time from _call_advance_time_18
  File "game/chat_actions.rpy", line 1097, in script
    return "Advance Time"
Exception: Could not find return label (u'/private/var/folders/vy/pfbrrkr523s417wfmzrl5_9h0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/BEE03A72-7C1C-4F8A-8959-99738B4E776E/d/Lab_Rats_2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy', 1581793479, 2145).

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8747, in script call
    $ picked_option.call_action()
  File "game/game_roles/role_alexia.rpy", line 240, in script call
    call advance_time from _call_advance_time_18
  File "game/chat_actions.rpy", line 1097, in script
    return "Advance Time"
  File "/private/var/folders/vy/pfbrrkr523s417wfmzrl5_9h0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/B264E3FF-FD9B-40C9-B0E1-98039613F57A/d/Lab_Rats_2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 1448, in execute
    next_node(renpy.game.context().lookup_return(pop=True))
  File "/private/var/folders/vy/pfbrrkr523s417wfmzrl5_9h0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/B264E3FF-FD9B-40C9-B0E1-98039613F57A/d/Lab_Rats_2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/execution.py", line 670, in lookup_return
    raise Exception("Could not find return label {!r}.".format(self.return_stack[-1]))
Exception: Could not find return label (u'/private/var/folders/vy/pfbrrkr523s417wfmzrl5_9h0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/BEE03A72-7C1C-4F8A-8959-99738B4E776E/d/Lab_Rats_2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy', 1581793479, 2145).

Darwin-16.7.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.24.1
Sat Feb 15 22:55:41 2020
[/CODE]

DaMatt

Feb 6, 2018
Running version 24.1 and I saved my game. When I came back to play I got this and cannot advance time from any save.
It seems like it happened after I met with Alexia and now everything is screwed up. Reinstalled game, mods and bugfixes and that did nothing. Any idea?
In case you play version 0.25.1 now:
You need to start a new game. There is no save game compatibility in Lab Rats 2 :(

Cheers
Matt

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
So I can't even launch the game with the mod, since I get an error, I believe about the animations. Here's the error

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/character_animation.rpy", line 8, in script
    init -1 python:
  File "game/character_animation.rpy", line 29, in <module>
    wiggle_animation = VrenAnimation("Boob Butt Wiggle", shader.PS_BOUNCE2_2D, ["breasts","butt"], region_specific_weights = {"butt":0.2})
NameError: name 'VrenAnimation' is not defined

Full traceback:
    init -1 python:
  File "E:\Games\DELETE THIS\Delete These\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "E:\Games\DELETE THIS\Delete These\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
    wiggle_animation = VrenAnimation("Boob Butt Wiggle", shader.PS_BOUNCE2_2D, ["breasts","butt"], region_specific_weights = {"butt":0.2})

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Mon Feb 17 14:00:07 2020
Any way to work around this? Sorry if this has already been asked

DaMatt

Feb 6, 2018
So I can't even launch the game with the mod, since I get an error, I believe about the animations. Here's the error

Here is how I install the mod:
- Install the vanilla game
- Download the bugfix. Extract the game subdirectory (overwrite the game subdirectory of the vanilla game)
- Download the mod. Extract the Mod subdirectory into the game subdirectory (as an additionally subdirectory in the game subdirectory)

Then I start a new game (old games for sure give errors).

Cheers
Matt

Reactions: Goods

EquineHung

Mar 1, 2018

Code:

While running game code:
    init -1 python:

Full traceback:
    init -1 python:
  File "E:\Games\DELETE THIS\Delete These\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
  File "E:\Games\DELETE THIS\Delete These\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Mon Feb 17 14:00:07 2020
Also try before interacting with the characters now at the preferences menu you can now disable animations .
The current version of the mod is not compatible with the animations turned on

greyling

Jun 8, 2017
I get the animation error even with them turned off in the pref menu...

Code:
While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 8958, in script
$ picked_option.draw_person() #the_animation = sudden_bounce_animation) TODO: Experiment more with this once we are predicting images a little bit.
File "game/script.rpy", line 8958, in <module>
$ picked_option.draw_person() #the_animation = sudden_bounce_animation) TODO: Experiment more with this once we are predicting images a little bit.
File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Person_Extensions/person_class_extensions.rpy", line 603, in draw_person_enhanced
final_image = self.build_person_displayable(position, emotion, special_modifier, show_person_info, lighting)
File "game/script.rpy", line 1973, in build_person_displayable
displayable_list.append(self.body_images.generate_item_displayable(self.body_type,self.tits,position,lighting)) #Add the body displayable
File "game/script.rpy", line 4006, in generate_item_displayable
colour_matrix = im.matrix.tint(self.colour[0], self.colour[1], self.colour[2]) * im.matrix.tint(*lighting)
TypeError: tint() argument after * must be a sequence, not bool
Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 8958, in script
File "D:\Lab_Rats_2-v0251-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
File "D:\Lab_Rats_2-v0251-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
File "game/script.rpy", line 8958, in <module>
File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Person_Extensions/person_class_extensions.rpy", line 603, in draw_person_enhanced
final_image = self.build_person_displayable(position, emotion, special_modifier, show_person_info, lighting)
File "game/script.rpy", line 1973, in build_person_displayable
displayable_list.append(self.body_images.generate_item_displayable(self.body_type,self.tits,position,lighting)) #Add the body displayable
File "game/script.rpy", line 4006, in generate_item_displayable
colour_matrix = im.matrix.tint(self.colour[0], self.colour[1], self.colour[2]) * im.matrix.tint(*lighting)
TypeError: tint() argument after * must be a sequence, not bool
Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.25.1
Mon Feb 17 21:39:20 2020

StormR

Nov 6, 2017
in the installation tab it says i can enable/disable the mod in my bedroom but i don't see any options to do so? can someone help me.

Lazymoon

Sep 30, 2017
My error I receive is the below. I'm using the correct version and using the beta for both of the mods and installed them just as the instructions said but this is what I get.

After initialization, but before game start.
OverflowError: value too large to convert to short

Full traceback:
File "D:\PS NEW\Locker\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\PS NEW\Locker\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 505, in main
renpy.game.script.report_duplicate_labels()
File "D:\PS NEW\Locker\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 950, in report_duplicate_labels
if renpy.parser.report_parse_errors():
File "D:\PS NEW\Locker\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\parser.py", line 2929, in report_parse_errors
renpy.display.error.report_parse_errors(full_text, error_fn)
File "D:\PS NEW\Locker\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\display\error.py", line 187, in report_parse_errors
error_fn=error_fn,
File "D:\PS NEW\Locker\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\game.py", line 281, in invoke_in_new_context
return callable(*args, **kwargs)
File "D:\PS NEW\Locker\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\display\error.py", line 45, in call_exception_screen
return renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", suppress_overlay=True, suppress_underlay=True)
File "D:\PS NEW\Locker\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\PS NEW\Locker\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "D:\PS NEW\Locker\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "D:\PS NEW\Locker\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
File "D:\PS NEW\Locker\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
File "D:\PS NEW\Locker\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
File "D:\PS NEW\Locker\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "D:\PS NEW\Locker\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1127, in render
st, at)
File "D:\PS NEW\Locker\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1594, in render
cwidth, cheight = sizeit('c', width, height, 0, 0)
File "D:\PS NEW\Locker\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1591, in sizeit
rend = renpy.display.render.render_for_size(pos_d[pos], width, height, st, at)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 310, in renpy.display.render.render_for_size (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4391)
return render(d, width, height, st, at)
File "D:\PS NEW\Locker\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1594, in render
cwidth, cheight = sizeit('c', width, height, 0, 0)
File "D:\PS NEW\Locker\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1591, in sizeit
rend = renpy.display.render.render_for_size(pos_d[pos], width, height, st, at)
File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 310, in renpy.display.render.render_for_size (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4391)
return render(d, width, height, st, at)
File "D:\PS NEW\Locker\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\display\viewport.py", line 264, in render
surf = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, child_width, child_height, st, at)
File "D:\PS NEW\Locker\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 925, in render
surf = render(d, width - x, rh, cst, cat)
File "D:\PS NEW\Locker\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 2008, in render
layout = Layout(self, width, height, renders, splits_from=virtual_layout)
File "D:\PS NEW\Locker\Lab_Rats_2-v0.25.1-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 751, in __init__
textsupport.tweak_glyph_spacing(all_glyphs, lines, target_x_delta, target_y_delta, maxx, y) # @UndefinedVariable
File "textsupport.pyx", line 964, in renpy.text.textsupport.tweak_glyph_spacing
File "textsupport.pxd", line 78, in renpy.text.textsupport.Line.y.__set__
OverflowError: value too large to convert to short

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.25.1
Tue Feb 18 06:15:46 2020

Goods

Feb 18, 2018
I downloaded the BugFix for 25.1 and installed it thinking it'll fix current issues had with 24.1 without realizing it adds and changes files that aren't present in the 24.1 build. Is there any way I can salvage my save or remove all the changes from installing the 25.1 BugFix?

Korder

Jul 12, 2017
Can't seem to get the cheat menu working. It was working initially, but when I booted the game up now nothing happens when I press X or Z.

It works if I start a new game, but not when I load my saves. All saves are on the same version (literally downloaded the game + mod a few hours ago lol).

Same goes for the opinion editor.

EDIT: Hell, now that I look at it, the entire bottom menu (with save, load, cheat etc) has disappeared.

Last edited:

hhd12258

Jun 18, 2018
I downloaded the BugFix for 25.1 and installed it thinking it'll fix current issues had with 24.1 without realizing it adds and changes files that aren't present in the 24.1 build. Is there any way I can salvage my save or remove all the changes from installing the 25.1 BugFix?
Do a clean install like DaMatt suggested above. Make a save game. Quit. Copy old saves into new save game dir. Load and play

Emperor_Arcturus

Jul 18, 2017
Here is how I install the mod:
- Install the vanilla game
- Download the bugfix. Extract the game subdirectory (overwrite the game subdirectory of the vanilla game)
- Download the mod. Extract the Mod subdirectory into the game subdirectory (as an additionally subdirectory in the game subdirectory)

Then I start a new game (old games for sure give errors).

Cheers
Matt
Also try before interacting with the characters now at the preferences menu you can now disable animations .
The current version of the mod is not compatible with the animations turned on
I think you guys aren't understanding my problem, which is my fault. I can't even launch the game without getting that error. I can't change options or anything, the error I get happens on startup, I don't get an option to turn off animations or start a new game or anything.

Yonamous

Dec 17, 2017
Can't seem to get the cheat menu working. It was working initially, but when I booted the game up now nothing happens when I press X or Z.

It works if I start a new game, but not when I load my saves. All saves are on the same version (literally downloaded the game + mod a few hours ago lol).

Same goes for the opinion editor.

EDIT: Hell, now that I look at it, the entire bottom menu (with save, load, cheat etc) has disappeared.
Same thing happened to me and I had saved and overwritten older saves long before I realized anything had happened.

HootieMcBoob

Nov 19, 2018
You'll have to excuse me if this is the wrong place to ask, but seeing this mod has UI-mods I figured it's the best place to ask. is there a way to increase certain fonts in certain places? For example, the review staf screen has stupidly small numbers. And there are loads of places where it's too small. I have a 23 inc schreen, so it's not like i'm trying to use it on a tiny 19 incher.

TeamHentaiX

The Dark Side loves Da Booty + Naughty OoOooo
Uploader
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
now gotta wait for mod update for 25, yippie :cool:

DaMatt

Feb 6, 2018
I think you guys aren't understanding my problem, which is my fault. I can't even launch the game without getting that error. I can't change options or anything, the error I get happens on startup, I don't get an option to turn off animations or start a new game or anything.
A similar error as yours popped up for me once. I had forgotten to install the vanilla-bugfix. Without this bugfix the mod may/will throw errors. So I thought your error may have the same reason.

Cheers
Matt

Reactions: EquineHung

EquineHung

Mar 1, 2018
A similar error as yours popped up for me once. I had forgotten to install the vanilla-bugfix. Without this bugfix the mod may/will throw errors. So I thought your error may have the same reason.

Cheers
Matt
weirdly...

same

4.70 star(s) 55 Votes