4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Update my mod to work with version 49.1
Let me know if you have any issues. Follow the directions in the read me.

You will need to remove all the unit test folders.
welp, dunno why, but the game crashes after i do something specifically. i think it has something to do with getting new employees.
i did delete " game/unittest And all the unit_tests directories under game/major_game_classes "

Dec 5, 2021
So, version 0.49.1 of the base game is out, and the mod isn't updated yet. So much for being a "bi-monthly" update...
This mod is great but, I'm almost giving up on it...
If you bothered to check the discord or read even a little bit you would know they explicitly stated they would update for .49 version. It hasn't even been a day yet and you're bitching about free content on a piracy site.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
welp, dunno why, but the game crashes after i do something specifically. i think it has something to do with getting new employees.
i did delete " game/unittest And all the unit_tests directories under game/major_game_classes "
Thanks for telling me. I haven't had any issues.
I went ahead and double checked the files. I only found a small issue in some lines that are no longer used I needed to comment out. However, they shouldn't have caused any issues other than maybe give you a character with higher stats than normal. Which shouldn't cause an error.
One last question. You did start a new game once you added the mod?
49.1 itself will require a new game start also.
Also if you can post the error here that would help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Burt

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Thanks for telling me. I haven't had any issues. I'll double check and make sure there isn't a file I haven't copied or anything.
One last question. You did start a new game once you added the mod?
49.1 itself will require a new game start also.
yes

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
If you can post the error here that would help. I checked the files. Nothing is missing and the only issue I found would just gave you a more powerful character to hire. Nothing that would cause a crash.
there is no error, thats the problem. the game just freezes and becomes unresponsive.

right now im playing the vanilla one and everything is fine there :unsure:... well apart from having the game crash (with errors) when attempting to find employees with certain aspects.

i had the freeze at around day 7 to 8.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
there is no error, thats the problem. the game just freezes and becomes unresponsive.

right now im playing the vanilla one and everything is fine there :unsure:... well apart from having the game crash (with errors) when attempting to find employees with certain aspects.

i had the freeze at around day 7 to 8.
I know this isn't any comfort to you. However, I'm not having any issues with the game at all.
Not even the vanilla game.
The only thing I can think of is some sort of mismatch or bad download.
Mismatch being you installed the mod on something like 48.1 rather than 49.1

Maybe, reinstalling it from a fresh download. If I run across anything myself. I'll notify everyone on here.

You mentioned it was after hiring someone. To be clear if it was my code it would have happened before the interview screen. My code only effects the generation of the characters. It ties several things together stats, skills and likes and dislikes.

If it was after the interview screen comes up. Such as when you select hire, or when you choose the job assignment let me know. Which job assignment you selected. I'll take a look and see if I can find an issue.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Not even the vanilla game.
in vanilla, when you get all recruitment upgrades including the ones that "raise age" and then go for teenagers as prefered choice, you will get an error. thats due to the fact that the game doesnt have teenagers for the stats i wanna have and that creates an error.

i think it was after hiring someone. i was at the same time at the bringe of finishing up the research for that trait that can give your serums +1 additional slot.
the freeze always happens at the END of a day. so when the mc sleeps. bam, game doesnt react anymore. if i just relax and do nothing of either thing, the game wont freeze. but whats the point in playing the game if you can't do either of these mentioned things.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
in vanilla, when you get all recruitment upgrades including the ones that "raise age" and then go for teenagers as prefered choice, you will get an error. thats due to the fact that the game doesnt have teenagers for the stats i wanna have and that creates an error.

i think it was after hiring someone. i was at the same time at the bringe of finishing up the research for that trait that can give your serums +1 additional slot.
the freeze always happens at the END of a day. so when the mc sleeps. bam, game doesnt react anymore. if i just relax and do nothing of either thing, the game wont freeze. but whats the point in playing the game if you can't do either of these mentioned things.
Thanks I'll see what I can find.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Daxter250

Enfrize

May 9, 2018
So, version 0.49.1 of the base game is out, and the mod isn't updated yet. So much for being a "bi-monthly" update...
This mod is great but, I'm almost giving up on it...
Maybe we misread and they meant "bi-yearly"?

Real life happens to people, unfortunately in this case :/
Welp, 48.x plays nice currently so I'll just wait. Not like there's a shortage of games....
There are 0.48 version of this mod? I can only see 0.46.1

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020

I found a number of issues. It is going to take a bit to fix them.
The first issue at the bottom of Buisness.rpy He created an issue were if you buy both old and teen you will end up with a floor of 40 and a ceiling of 19 for age.

That isn't the worst of it.
Because he assigns shit in more than one area. Such as age and stats and skills. By the time it gets to the function that would make use of those options. It has a value in place thus ignores the setting.

This is one of my primary issues with Vren's coding of shit. It is as if he forgot he did something some place else so writes basically the same code 2 3 4 times in different files rather than use one area to handle it all.
He is probably one of the messiest programmers I've seen in this regard.

He's also passing a dictionary into create_random_person now for this but because of all the other areas it is completely ignored. Honestly, not sure it's even seeing the dictionary correctly at this point.

It's probably going to take a bit to clean up all the mess.
So it won't be today I have my own work I need to get done to make money.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
I found a number of issues. It is going to take a bit to fix them.
The first issue at the bottom of Buisness.rpy He created an issue were if you buy both old and teen you will end up with a floor of 40 and a ceiling of 19 for age.

That isn't the worst of it.
Because he assigns shit in more than one area. Such as age and stats and skills. By the time it gets to the function that would make use of those options. It has a value in place thus ignores the setting.

This is one of my primary issues with Vren's coding of shit. It is as if he forgot he did something some place else so writes basically the same code 2 3 4 times in different files rather than use one area to handle it all.
He is probably one of the messiest programmers I've seen in this regard.

He's also passing a dictionary into create_random_person now for this but because of all the other areas it is completely ignored. Honestly, not sure it's even seeing the dictionary correctly at this point.

It's probably going to take a bit to clean up all the mess.
So it won't be today I have my own work I need to get done to make money.
aaaaaaah, see? told ya i found an issue xD. good luck with those fixes!

Reactions: Burt

lopezero

Nov 25, 2017
Seems like my company wardrobe mod is not working. It shows that it is enabled but no additional clothes appear either on my personal design or on the company wardrobe itself.

Edit: I'm dumb. I forgot to go to the lobby and add the uniforms.

Last edited:

bhorton22

Apr 30, 2020
How do you trigger the nanobot scenario? On my 4th play through and still haven't seen them
OK, I give up, I assume there must be a bug in the code somewhere. The conditions for the Nanobots seem to be where the number of days is > 40 and the research tier is >=2. I am both. The head researcher is meant to get the scenario assigned and doesn't. Anyone else having an issue with this scenario starting?

Crel

Jun 5, 2018
Anyone have any ideas why my game would suddenly start CTD'ing on startup? Using the original mod, not Diconica's, was working fine for a few days but now just crashes on load every time

TS2016

May 7, 2017
Anyone have any ideas why my game would suddenly start CTD'ing on startup? Using the original mod, not Diconica's, was working fine for a few days but now just crashes on load every time
Far as I know the mod is still for v46 and hasnt been updated yet.

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
Update my mod to work with version 49.1
Let me know if you have any issues. Follow the directions in the read me.

You will need to remove all the unit test folders.
Is working fine for me. Thanks for updating the mod. Haven't played the game in ages and wasn't going to try without the mod.

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes