4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
Is working fine for me. Thanks for updating the mod. Haven't played the game in ages and wasn't going to try without the mod.
Thanks for the feed back. It might appear as if it is. But if you buy the teen and old under recruitment policies you will realize they don't actually work.

The reason is he has created that list of hiring criteria to be passed into the create_random_person function which is in random_generation_functions.rpy.
However, all the sections in it for generating have an if statement looking to see if anything is already assigned. If something is assigned it skips it.
Because he has a half dozen other locations in code that create and assign such stats they are always skipped.

He had a smart idea once upon a time to put all the stuff in a local function and control it all through that. It's as if Vren has alzheimers and forgot that and started duplicating code that is in it all over the damn place.

There is like 4 ways to get every variable related to a character assigned. age, stats, skills, likes/dislikes, breast, body type, height, children, parent ... There are some locations that over ride others.
All of those come before going into that function where it actually matters.

On top of that he does stupid shit like assign max as a variable in multiple places.

Honestly, at this point the amount of work it might take to make even my small mod work could be fairly large.
My mod is noways near the size of the large mod.

At this point. It may be more prudent to rewrite the character generation system and get rid of all his stupid duplicated code and write it in such a way everything goes through that function.
Then use that as the base code moving forward rather than rely on Vren to ever fix shit.

That might cause problems for Vren in the long run unless he chooses to adopt the code back the other direction.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
Since the new .48 mod hasn't been finished yet, anyone think they'd make it for .49 now?
Seriously, doubt it with what I found in the game code while trying to update my mod.
Either Vren needs to a large rewrite of how the characters are generated and strip out the duplicate code or the mods are going to need to do it and create a new base code system that isn't based on Vren's.

Edwarf

Jun 8, 2017
While Diconicas mod is the way to go if you want to play a more friendly base game, concerning to added content, I wont mind if Trollden/ TriStim/ LZ_Starbuck mod project turned into a fork of the original game eventually, with VRens blessings and permission of course.

After all these years, I can't picture VRens spending some time rewriting his code; I'm afraid (expect not to happen) when the mess in his own code won't allow him to continue adding features, will tag it as "completed" and that will be all.

Reactions: HandsomeSun

FATE1027

Sep 10, 2017
where do i find contract in modded version? cos its no longer in the production sell serum menus or create serum, do i have to unlock it with this version?

Rubius

Jan 31, 2018
Is working fine for me. Thanks for updating the mod. Haven't played the game in ages and wasn't going to try without the mod.
guys, then who was able to put the mod on the vanilla version and it works, please make an archive and upload it to megu for download, I tried to install the mod but it didn't work, thank you for your attention

FATE1027

Sep 10, 2017
guys, then who was able to put the mod on the vanilla version and it works, please make an archive and upload it to megu for download, I tried to install the mod but it didn't work, thank you for your attention
me too, tried both old one and beta one, both reporting errors no matter what i tried

FATE1027

Sep 10, 2017
I have no errors since I deleted the unittest folders, but it doesn't show the cheats. Probably it's a problem of versions, since the game has been updated to .49.2 and the mod is for .49.1
but im using the 0..49.1 version, after launch, it says loading images, then just auto close and open a notepad with bunch of errors

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
they are talking about Diconica mod, not the Main mod

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
With how the game schedule goes lately what version is planned to be supported with mods? because vanila game after one played with mods is kinda lame
Watch Discord or the repo's, fairly certain that is soon but until fully confirmed by main modders (IE they update OP) not committing here. Will say github master has been updated to 49.1 then to 49.2,

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
where do i find contract in modded version? cos its no longer in the production sell serum menus or create serum, do i have to unlock it with this version?
Contract is only in the base game 48.1 and above and my mod currently. The main mod is still at 46 so it doesn't have it.

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes