4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
guys, then who was able to put the mod on the vanilla version and it works, please make an archive and upload it to megu for download, I tried to install the mod but it didn't work, thank you for your attention
He was talking about my mod not the main mod.

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
For people who couldn't get the mod to work. Did you follow the damn instructions the mod author provided? Yes? Ok. For any reason, did you run the game before installing the mod. Yes? That's your problem. Delete scripts.rpyc and restart the game. The game should make a new scripts.rpyc based off the modded scripts.rpy. If that didn't solve your problem or you answered no to any of that... Fuck it, figure it out yourself. This isn't a promotion but please stay the hell away from my game.

Cheers.

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
For people who couldn't get the mod to work. Did you follow the damn instructions the mod author provided? Yes? Ok. For any reason, did you run the game before installing the mod. Yes? That's your problem. Delete scripts.rpyc and restart the game. The game should make a new scripts.rpyc based off the modded scripts.rpy. If that didn't solve your problem or you answered no to any of that... Fuck it, figure it out yourself. This isn't a promotion but please stay the hell away from my game.

Cheers.
:)

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021

Cheers.
To Be Clear you are not applying the mod in the original message of the forum. It is not compatible with current Vren releases, that is what Most visitors to this forum are looking for, Diconica put out a mod that does work with current releases.

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017
To Be Clear you are not applying the mod in the original message of the forum. It is not compatible with current Vren releases, that is what Most visitors to this forum are looking for, Diconica put out a mod that does work with current releases.
Why are you quoting me? I know this. I'm aware of what mod I'm using. If "most visitors" can't figure that shit out, that's on them. You can't save em all, friend. The info that they need is out there, let these mfs sink or swim. Don't give em no extra help, they'll never learn! What? You thought I said "fuck it" for fun? :LUL:

Reactions: Dboss

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
Well I got the issues I found fixed. This is for 49.1 & 49.2

Read the install directions
Basically I deleted the conflicting code from Business.rpy. Took care of everything in create_random_person().

It fixes the issues with age conflicts and other conflicts in the business policies.
So those should work now.

The fixes Vren put in for those issues in 49.2 didn't fix shit. All he did was check to see if the age ceiling was low than the floor then set floor to ceiling.

He had stuff like increasing the age of people by 10 years inside the Business.rpy higher stats and skills were chosen in the business policy. To which he randomly selected an age and assigned it. Thus preventing anything like the teen or old age ones from working at all.

He has stupid shit like if you selected increased sex skills they would have increased skills all over and the other way around.
I created a separate skill cap for sex.

The age system is now a combination system. It uses a weighted table that is adjusted depending on what you have selected.
The stat and skill system are even better tied together now and make use of the increasing skill and stat caps.

I'm not going to say this fixes every issue. Pretty sure it doesn't feel free to let me know any others related to this area you spot and how to duplicate them.

Carmen Sandiego

Game Developer
May 17, 2017

Basically I deleted the conflicting code from Business.rpy. Took care of everything in create_random_person().

It fixes the issues with age conflicts and other conflicts in the business policies.

The fixes Vren put in for those issues in 49.2 didn't fix shit. All he did was check to see if the age ceiling was low than the floor then set floor to ceiling.

He had stuff like increasing the age of people by 10 years inside the Business.rpy higher stats and skills were chosen in the business policy. To which he randomly selected an age and assigned it. Thus preventing anything like the teen or old age ones from working at all.

He has stupid shit like if you selected increased sex skills they would have increased skills all over and the other way around.

The age system is now a combination system. It uses a weighted table that is adjusted depending on what you have selected.
The stat and skill system are even better tied together now and make use of the increasing skill and stat caps.

I'm not going to say this fixes every issue. Pretty sure it doesn't feel free to let me know any others related to this area you spot and how to duplicate them.
Been a while since I played so I'm not sure if this is an actual bug or not, but sluttiness just seems to get drained by something. Lets say you make a serum that boosts sluttiness by 2 hearts and lasts 3 turns. The very next turn, that boost will be gone. In some cases, npcs seem to be collecting negative sluttiness. It might have something to do with the taboo resets, which are stupid in my opinion. Not to mention they can fire multiple times after already being restored, which basically causes the npc to lose 10 sluttiness every time for no reason.

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021

Glad to see you got a lot of that resolved.
the file I uploaded works for part of it, but some of the age stuff is still wonky in policies.

It will be interesting, since 49 features read like the Main Mod, except hiring the family.

Hire Gabbi as stripper, hire random npc. HR with busiess policies to hire selection. etc.

Last edited:

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
Been a while since I played so I'm not sure if this is an actual bug or not, but sluttiness just seems to get drained by something. Lets say you make a serum that boosts sluttiness by 2 hearts and lasts 3 turns. The very next turn, that boost will be gone. In some cases, npcs seem to be collecting negative sluttiness. It might have something to do with the taboo resets, which are stupid in my opinion. Not to mention they can fire multiple times after already being restored, which basically causes the npc to lose 10 sluttiness every time for no reason.
Beyond being more abrupt because there is no longer temporary sluttiness, usually hating things like slutty type clothing can cause big drops in sluttiness, the serum dropping off is expected because of the lack of temporary sluttiness that was a buffer before.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
Glad to see you got a lot of that resolved.
the file I uploaded works for part of it, but some of the age stuff is still wonky in policies.

It will be interesting, since 49 features read like the Main Mod, except hiring the family.

Hire Gabbi as stripper, hire random npc. HR with business policies to hire selection. etc.
I looked at your upload on here. I think you can also comment out line 554 also
When it returns it should go back and use the line above you just fixed.
I just added that fix into my mod also.

The reason the change with the age issue doesn't work is because of the fact he was assigning ages above that area.
Since he already had an age assigned it skipped section where it does assign ages.
Also the age 60 you made should be 50. The sixty hasn't been implemented yet. It appears to be he is planning on having women with menopause age 50 to 60 the max age on it if they purchase that policy.
The base age range is 18-50, then older age range is 40-50, teen is 18 to 19.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
At first I didn't like the taboo resets then I learned how to use them to my advantage.
if you raise the slutiness back up of the person then complete the quest it adds that 10 back on top of whatever you raised it.
Meaning technically you can do lower and easily accessible stuff to raise the character up higher so you can then access more stuff faster.

Take mom for example. You can easily get her up to 20. See here naked and she will do the taboo thing dropping down to 10. Raise her up to 20 again using flirt. Then reset do the quest and she is at 30.
When she complains about the next one use it to do the same thing again.

Red Serum:
While it gives you a boost of 15 that goes away in 2 turns. However you also loose 1 slutiness each of the 2 turns that doesn't come back at the end. So overall you will loose sluttiness unless you do something while that potion is in effect to raise up slutiness and hope it sticks because of the suggestibility. Which is only 30%

I'll see what else I can find on the serums.

FATE1027

Sep 10, 2017

Cheers.
wow, what a reassuring attitude from a developer, first of all, how else would us know we need to delete script before it will work? its not mentioned in any install instructions, secondly, is that your attitude toward problems? did you follow the instructions? yes? if it still doesnt work, its not my problem anymore, gee, THNAKS ALOT

Reactions: dalexe

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
wow, what a reassuring attitude from a developer, first of all, how else would us know we need to delete script before it will work? its not mentioned in any install instructions, secondly, is that your attitude toward problems? did you follow the instructions? yes? if it still doesnt work, its not my problem anymore, gee, THNAKS ALOT
Not sure which mod you tried the mod he talking about is mine most likely. Not the main one.

wyldmage

Jul 4, 2018
I found a number of issues. It is going to take a bit to fix them.
The first issue at the bottom of Buisness.rpy He created an issue were if you buy both old and teen you will end up with a floor of 40 and a ceiling of 19 for age.

That isn't the worst of it.
Because he assigns shit in more than one area. Such as age and stats and skills. By the time it gets to the function that would make use of those options. It has a value in place thus ignores the setting.

This is one of my primary issues with Vren's coding of shit. It is as if he forgot he did something some place else so writes basically the same code 2 3 4 times in different files rather than use one area to handle it all.
He is probably one of the messiest programmers I've seen in this regard.

He's also passing a dictionary into create_random_person now for this but because of all the other areas it is completely ignored. Honestly, not sure it's even seeing the dictionary correctly at this point.

It's probably going to take a bit to clean up all the mess.
So it won't be today I have my own work I need to get done to make money.
I'd thought about trying to do some small mods to the game myself, but I started browsing through the code and my brain just shut off.

Absolutely love that he's doing the game. But it really is a standout example for CS students to learn from about sloppy coding.

The problem of course, is that he's reliant on his patreon funds now. And if he spent the 2-3 months needed to go back through all the code and fix/sort it out to be easier to work with, update, and mod, he'd probably lose 75% of his patrons due to impatience.

So all he can do is keep moving forward, getting the tangled messed more and more knotted up.

Reactions: Sick&Alone

Comets

Jan 9, 2018
Sooooo.

I want to use the newest game release, but mod is at 0.46 only. Where is the beta mod? 0.46 too?

Will try out disc mod.
Will dl 0.46 too and try it out though with the main mod

Edwarf

Jun 8, 2017
Diconica said:
Have you considered having some sort of "Diconica's Mod official entry" in this thread?

I mean, as opening your own thread seems to be "complicated", having a post here where you can manage your mod related stuff instead.

ravenhawk

Jul 2, 2017
Sooooo.

I want to use the newest game release, but mod is at 0.46 only. Where is the beta mod? 0.46 too?

Will try out disc mod.
Will dl 0.46 too and try it out though with the main mod
IP has not been updated. Look through the recent pages.

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes