4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
The modders are using gitgud.io not github.com . There are some differences in the two.
The git system is not the greatest for bug reporting.
Github and gitgud are more designed around programmers submitting code to fix an issue. That's limited though by who can submit the code to a project and forks of the project.
Software bug reporting is better done by something like Jira. or similar systems.
It's what they use for minecraft bug reports.

Discord is a horrible way to try and collect bug reporting in comparison to something like Jira.
Tools like Jira make it easier for users to see that a bug has already been reported and so can simply add to the report or confirm it is repeatable. It's part of an actual project management system. That something a lot of these developers could use.
I can agree and disagree at the same time. the issue, as with most dev tools is accessibility to the common folk, Jira is as guilty(although slightly better) Github if you turn most of the built in, has a fairly capable system, across boards, (although I still feel that the MS DevOPs was more integrated, and pluggable, like you could use Jira if you chose to) GitGud is GitLab, will let those with Initiative Look into everything that can be turned on or off in that platform

But getting people, there to file a report. Minecraft as an prefills a forrm with ingame stats, and asks the player if they wish to send, I don't know their full permission stack as I don't play the game, but EU standards are very strict so can guess on the structure at least.

So haveing worked tech support or field support for over 30 years, while it is correct is is really nice to get that point, getting the from the user to the tech point is 99% of the battle.

Reactions: shane420

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
I can agree and disagree at the same time. the issue, as with most dev tools is accessibility to the common folk, Jira is as guilty(although slightly better) Github if you turn most of the built in, has a fairly capable system, across boards, (although I still feel that the MS DevOPs was more integrated, and pluggable, like you could use Jira if you chose to) GitGud is GitLab, will let those with Initiative Look into everything that can be turned on or off in that platform

But getting people, there to file a report. Minecraft as an prefills a forrm with ingame stats, and asks the player if they wish to send, I don't know their full permission stack as I don't play the game, but EU standards are very strict so can guess on the structure at least.

So haveing worked tech support or field support for over 30 years, while it is correct is is really nice to get that point, getting the from the user to the tech point is 99% of the battle.
Every dev system and reporting system has pros and cons. Jira can be a bit complex for some. I've never used minecrafts in game report system. Honestly, didn't realize it had one. I've always reported through the site. That's how I knew they used Jira.

Jira is just one among many. The nice part about systems like it is once a bug is confirmed it can be assigned into the project work flow. I doubt many people will build discord into the development system.

The point with git is a lot of developers such as myself tend to limit who can make submissions and what they want turned on. I've found when it comes to git there are usually more bad submissions than good ones coming in. That's especially true when it comes to programming changes. There are so many shitty programmers that think they know something. At this point I'm inclined to ignore 99.9% of it. There is no good way to easily filter the good from the bad other than take the time to read all the shit. So better just turning stuff off.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
Still early in the beta process, working out kinks, so many things changed, so it will be a little while until it's stable.
Glad to see you all moving forward again.
Just so you guys know there are a number of bugs in 49.2 that don't cause crashes.
Feel free to look at my mod for the code differences to see where they are at and how I dealt with them.
It might save you some time.
Example. In the candidate section in Business.rpy he created a lot of code that conflicts with code in the generate_random_person().
The conflict is created by him assigning the value in the Business.rpy file then when it gets to the generate_random_person function because a value is already in there it doesn't do what it is supposed to.
It's as if he forgot he already created a way to deal with the stuff.

Oniknowsnew

Jul 16, 2019
Great mod, one issue though that I haven't been able to find any answer to here on the forums, is there any way to remove one of the girls having the Dikdok and Onlyfanatics accounts? don't like the idea of someone you make your girlfriend being an ethot. Thanks!

shane420

Jul 6, 2018
My only complaint is I really wish there was more BDSM content :( but other than that it really annoys me that implants and natural breasts are the same shape and weight... I read somewhere on the DAZ models that can be changed, does anyone know how much work its be to fix/change that?

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
My only complaint is I really wish there was more BDSM content :( but other than that it really annoys me that implants and natural breasts are the same shape and weight... I read somewhere on the DAZ models that can be changed, does anyone know how much work its be to fix/change that?
A crap ton. You would need to create hundreds of images. Every position, times every body type times the number of breasts you make.
Then you would have to create positioning information for each image to be aligned correctly. Then modify the code to add it in.
That's why no one does it!

shane420

Jul 6, 2018
A crap ton. You would need to create hundreds of images. Every position, times every body type times the number of breasts you make.
Then you would have to create positioning information for each image to be aligned correctly. Then modify the code to add it in.
That's why no one does it!
DAZ just seems like a bad choice of modeling program on vrens behalf >.<

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
DAZ just seems like a bad choice of modeling program on vrens behalf >.<
Vren like a lot of people new to game development and new at programming are lured in by claims of being easy when it comes to stuff like Renpy and using images.
The truth is Renpy is a bad choice for this type of stuff. 2D in itself is a bad choice for it in a lot of ways.
Using a 3D model and textures with opengl or vulkan can usually provide better results than most of the games rendered images if the person knows what they are doing. It can also use less memory and allow for a lot more ease when it comes to adding outfits to characters of different body types.

Reactions: shane420

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
It seems the pubes trimming don't work in the mod. Is there a reason to not use the vanilla function?

seden

Aug 22, 2016
As to enjoy the threads, if not done already, go take a look at one of the fans pictures, several games have them.

Most of them could easily have enough to set up a game from the images inside.

Araren13

Feb 19, 2018
```
Parsing the script failed

I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/text_tags/atl_text_tag.rpy", line 124: ATL statement contains two expressions in a row; is one of them a misspelled property? If not, separate them with pass.
matrixtransform RotateMatrix(0,0,0) * OffsetMatrix(0,0,100)
^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.4.2.1292
Tue Mar 1 16:19:28 2022
```
Any solution for this? this was a fresh install with 0.49.2 with the beta bugfix and mods .

The sections its referring to seems to be

transform text_rotate_3d(time=1.5):
matrixanchor (0.5,0.5)
linear time matrixtransform RotateMatrix(180,0,0) * OffsetMatrix(0,0,100)
linear time matrixtransform RotateMatrix(360,0,0) * OffsetMatrix(0,0,100)
repeat

Last edited:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
So with .50 released now, is the next mod release still going to be .49? Or will it jump to .50 instead?
0.49 unless maybe changes in 0.50 so small they can incorporate them in n hour. Knowing Vren very unlikely. :)

wyldmage

Jul 4, 2018
0.49 unless maybe changes in 0.50 so small they can incorporate them in n hour. Knowing Vren very unlikely. :)
That was my presumption - but worth asking as well just in case.

Last version I played was .42, so was very much looking forward to .48 with the mod, but seems like I may end up just playing the base game alone for the first time in a long time, if .50 comes out before (I'm not high enough patron to have it already) the .49 mod here.

bloodbus

Sep 30, 2020
That was my presumption - but worth asking as well just in case.

Last version I played was .42, so was very much looking forward to .48 with the mod, but seems like I may end up just playing the base game alone for the first time in a long time, if .50 comes out before (I'm not high enough patron to have it already) the .49 mod here.
The master release of version 0.49 should be around March 8th. So it's practically the same release days

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes