4.70 star(s) 55 Votes

YameteDesu

Oct 25, 2018
Yes indeed. Sounds like a genuine bug to me with how the move-from-one-position-to-another work.
got a reply from zenupstart, it seems that some unique personalities are locked, he's thinking of removing the alpha personality since it's basically useless..

Reactions: Ennoch

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
trying to get the Dev Version to run

process :

install base game
install bugfix
install Renpy update
install mod

afaik that's the correct order but it's throwing this as an error, but at least gets to theLoading Image spalsh screen now before borking.
There is no correct or incorrect order. You just need to put the files in correct location as described here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-mods.32881/post-10251178

vonbek

Apr 23, 2020
There is no correct or incorrect order. You just need to put the files in correct location as described here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-mods.32881/post-10251178
I had twice in Vanilla > BF > Renpy > Mod and got the wardrobe fail.

Moment I did Renpy then BF it got the Position Error that when line edited allowed launch, that however threw errors left right and centre in game.

There is obviously something wonky if you doBF then Renpy rather then Update > BF since it threw the exact same error both times from clean extract.

Anyhoo, time to unpack the "just needs mod" archive and slap in the stable-ish March 8.

vitamin433

May 11, 2018

Moment I did Renpy then BF it got the Position Error that when line edited allowed launch, that however threw errors left right and centre in game.

There is obviously something wonky if you doBF then Renpy rather then Update > BF since it threw the exact same error both times from clean extract.

Anyhoo, time to unpack the "just needs mod" archive and slap in the stable-ish March 8.
Why not just grab full release from the bottom of OP and update the "mod" folder?

Aloof_Tooth

Feb 18, 2022
Why not just grab full release from the bottom of OP and update the "mod" folder?
There's been numerous changes to the bugfix in recent weeks which I believe newer versions of the mod rely on - so you'd need to download and apply the newer bugfix too.

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
There's been numerous changes to the bugfix in recent weeks which I believe newer versions of the mod rely on - so you'd need to download and apply the newer bugfix too.
But last was on... Jul 21, 2022? And the was on 2022-07-21 19:50:50.

Back again to my question: why not ???? :WaitWhat: :WaitWhat: :WaitWhat:

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020

Lab-Rats-2-bugfix.zip only puts stuff in Game folder but nothing in Game\Mods folder
lr2mods-develop.zip only puts stuff in Game\Mods folder and is the only file doing that.
Lab-Rats-2-renpy-Update-to-v4.7.11.zip only puts stuff outside Game folder.

So, no it is impossible for the order to make any difference since none of the files are overwriting each other.

My bet is that you are still screwing up the target location for one of the files or that you are not starting with original vanilla game folder.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Finally figured out these beta bugfixes.. somebody could have told me earlier :giggle:

Go to this page.
1680004228315.png
You will see this. Notice that icon with Master? Switch that to Bugfix.
This will switch to the newest bugfix. Click Code, on the right and you can download latest bugfix.
Simply.. the all-in-one bundle doesn't serve it's purpose at all anymore, one has to manually update each part of it if wanting to have an up-to-date mod which renders the bundle's only convenience null and void.

It's bugfix is outdated and won't be compatible with recent Mods files. It doesn't have the ren'py fix. You want to update your Mods regularly. Basically if you use the bundle now you will have to do a manual install on top of it anyway. That is.. you are just doing a manual setup with extra steps with the bundle :geek:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ohwowyikesbuddy

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
But last was on... Jul 21, 2022? And the was on 2022-07-21 19:50:50.

Back again to my question: why not ???? :WaitWhat: :WaitWhat: :WaitWhat:
In addition to Ennochs answer, the full download doesn't seem to be based on latest vanilla version.
Lab_Rats_2\game\presplash.png from Full download, contains honey comb pattern in the background while the latest vanilla version doesn't.

The splash screen itself of course makes no difference, but it does show that that full download + replace Mods folder is not the same thing as clean install with manually installed mod.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
In addition to Ennochs answer, the full download doesn't seem to be based on latest vanilla version.
Lab_Rats_2\game\presplash.png from Full download, contains honey comb pattern in the background while the latest vanilla version doesn't.

The splash screen itself of course makes no difference, but it does show that that full download + replace Mods folder is not the same thing as clean install with manually installed mod.
By the way. Use the latest bugfix then. The issue discussed earlier was in fact fixed. Can use the latest Mods. I edited my previous posts.

vonbek

Apr 23, 2020
Lab-Rats-2-bugfix.zip only puts stuff in Game folder but nothing in Game\Mods folder
lr2mods-develop.zip only puts stuff in Game\Mods folder and is the only file doing that.
Lab-Rats-2-renpy-Update-to-v4.7.11.zip only puts stuff outside Game folder.

So, no it is impossible for the order to make any difference since none of the files are overwriting each other.

My bet is that you are still screwing up the target location for one of the files or that you are not starting with original vanilla game folder.
And my bet is you have no clue what I do for a job or how much actual correct placement of both physical items and indeed firmware/software/hardware and order of operations matter in it, or indeed how relevant order of operations can be for both hardware and firmware/software deugging in said job.

Or indeed just ignored that I'd be using the same files for Van/Renpy/BF so the order would be the only changed variable in the matter.

Considering that it's reproducable in one order with the same locations, but a different order will then allow both "vanilla" game boot and then with the mod installed to the specified location also produces a single error ( position, that is a manual edit to fix ) then something is caused by the order being different.

But sure, continue to be a snidey jackass without any actual basis or knowledge of the situation beyond "I bet they did something wrong because my brain can only handle that concept vs they might actually know how to do proper bug/fault tracing and something is happening."

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
By the way. Use the latest bugfix then. The issue discussed earlier was in fact fixed. Can use the latest Mods. I edited my previous posts.
Yes, you are absolutely right about everything, including the need to use the latest bugfix :)

Personally, I'm right now very curious how many small fixes Tristim has left in the todo-list, before running out of things to fix, which would then probably be a good time to make a new full download.

vonbek

Apr 23, 2020
Much appreciated, grabbed that and threw it on top of the "Everything works and is ready for Mod inject" version from the backup RAR from last night. Game boots fine and seems to have zero issues so far vs trying to use the latest commit which seemed to throw them about every 3rd action.

I'll keep an eye out for anything bugging, but I'm guessing anything from that commit is now that old that the bug reports have no real value to the folks in the Discord?

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
And my bet is you have no clue what I do for a job or how much actual correct plecement ot both physical items and indeed firmware/software/hardware and order of operations matter in it, or indeed how relevant order of operations can be for both hardware and firmware/software deugging in said job.

Or indeed just ignored that I'd be using the same files for Van/Renpy/BF so the order would be the only changed variable in the matter.

Considering that it's reproducable in one order with the same locations, but a different order will then allow both "vanilla" game boot and then with the mod installed to the specified location also produces a single error ( position, that is a manual edit to fix ) then something is caused by the order being different.

But sure, continue to be a snidey jackass without any actual basis or knowledge of the situation beyond "I bet they did something wrong because my brain can only handle that concept vs they might actually know how to do proper bug/fault tracing and something is happening."
I was actually just trying to be helpful.

I can only feel sad for you and your employer, if you can't accept that it is impossible for the install order to make any difference, even after I bothered to double check the facts and detail it for you.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I'll keep an eye out for anything bugging, but I'm guessing anything from that commit is now that old that the bug reports have no real value to the folks in the Discord?
As it turned out there is a new bugfix, always was, out there it was just available from a location i wasn't aware of :HideThePain: So you can safely download the latest commits, they work, after you applied the latest bugfix! As it turned out, bugfixes are like commits. There are a master file (outdated) and regularly updated "develop" ones. Not quite in the way as commits are.

Link in one of my above posts.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
And just to make it clear if anyone is confused:
1. Install original game files from post 1.
2. Install all 3 files from Beta section in post 1.
3. You now have the absolutely latest version of the mod, including the latest bugfix.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
And just to make it clear if anyone is confused:
1. Install original game files from post 1.
2. Install all 3 files from Beta section in post 1.
3. You now have the absolutely latest version of the mod, including the latest bugfix.
Now i feel like a complete fool of a senile boomer :HideThePain: It was really all there but i am so used to manually download commits to see what changes i can expect i totally forgot that Beta section :sneaky:

vitamin433

May 11, 2018

About "doesn't seem to be based on latest vanilla version"
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Looks like it is based after all.

About bug-fix:
Bug-fix wasn't updated for almost 1 year. If I'm wrong: prove it with link. I would love to be wrong here.

About mods:
Well hug me, didn't know about link to freshiest pack of mods. Noice. Gotta start a new game once again...

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
About "doesn't seem to be based on latest vanilla version"
Looks like it is based after all.
The full download contains correct version of the splash screen because you can't share pictures?

About bug-fix:
Bug-fix wasn't updated for almost 1 year. If I'm wrong: prove it with link. I would love to be wrong here.

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
The full download contains correct version of the splash screen because you can't share pictures?
No, I can't see the picture after posting it here, so I have no idea how it looks, it's size or if it was blocked, cuz I used a not very popular pic-hosting.
Strangely enough, I can see all ads, signatures and oreview pics on "latest" page.

Now this is what I was looking for.
Thx.

Lol, just realised, that I was talking about latest stable version, and you guys about latest beta. Feel so embarased right now.

4.70 star(s) 55 Votes