4.70 star(s) 55 Votes

Aloof_Tooth

Feb 18, 2022
Is there a way to contact to Iris again?, the influencer part of the Sister's Phone quest. I get to talk to her while buying the phone, and supposedly she give me her phone number, but after the talk I don't see the phone or another way to contact her. She does dissapear or there are steps and conditions to contact her again?
Her story isn't written past that point. She's a vanilla character and the modders have (mostly) tried to hold off working on vanilla characters due to not wanting to conflict with Vren.

If Vren remains absent expect this to change.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Is there a way to contact to Iris again?, the influencer part of the Sister's Phone quest. I get to talk to her while buying the phone, and supposedly she give me her phone number, but after the talk I don't see the phone or another way to contact her. She does dissapear or there are steps and conditions to contact her again?
As far as i can tell they are removed from the world (disabled) after their scene is done and the mod, like Aloof_tooth is saying, do not touch her at all. (She is a vanilla character.)

sincity3000

Mar 18, 2018
I'm playing an older version (Mod-v0.51.1.2), and I just noticed that if I've cut an employee's pay to 0 and then move them to a new division, they get their full salary back. Is that how it's supposed to work, and if not, has it been fixed in a newer version?
base game function. move_employee calls change_job function from Person.rpy which has line 3335
Code:
           self.salary = self.calculate_job_salary()
which resets the salary. "moving" in this context is like hiring a new employee

Yakis0ba

Aug 7, 2017
I've got March 8 update (I think) and I have an odd issue where my daily stats (energy, progress to my goals, things like current supply) aren't updating. I can talk to a woman when I have 0 energy, and again and again until I don't have enough energy to keep talking--but my energy was 0 the whole time. Things like that.
Any help?

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
I've got March 8 update (I think) and I have an odd issue where my daily stats (energy, progress to my goals, things like current supply) aren't updating. I can talk to a woman when I have 0 energy, and again and again until I don't have enough energy to keep talking--but my energy was 0 the whole time. Things like that.
Any help?
You need to follow the instructions for updating they version of renpy. Those features won't work on the old version that the vanilla game comes on.

Reactions: Yakis0ba

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
base game function. move_employee calls change_job function from Person.rpy which has line 3335
Code:
           self.salary = self.calculate_job_salary()
which resets the salary. "moving" in this context is like hiring a new employee
If I commented out that line, do you think it would affect anything else?

Alexsis987

Mar 4, 2018
So something i've kind of wondered. Are you the only one able to get girls pregnant in the game? Or can those with partners potentially get pregnant on their own?

EquineHung

Mar 1, 2018
Any help?
You need the renp'y update

sincity3000

Mar 18, 2018
If I commented out that line, do you think it would affect anything else?
if you just comment out, it will break all salary calculations. here's what I did, marked with > signs. basically added local variable that gets set right after first breakpoint to track if "self" is already employee. if so, then we don't calculate new salary. if not, we do, so it keeps the normal salary calculation for hiring brand new employee

Code:
        def change_job(self, new_job, job_known = True): #Start a new job, quitting your old one if nessesary
            if self.job and new_job == self.job: #Don't do anything if we already have this job.
                return
>            old_salary = False
>            if self.has_role(employee_role):
>                old_salary = True

if self.job: # If we had a job before we should quit it. Should only come up on init (after that we're always Unemployed, which is still a Job)
                if self.job.quit_function:
                    self.job.quit_function(self)

for a_role in self.job.job_roles: #Remove any job roles that aren't shared with the new job (we do this to maintain linkd roles which are still valid)
                    if not a_role in new_job.job_roles:
                        self.remove_role(a_role)

for old_duty in self.duties:
                    if not old_duty in new_job.mandatory_duties + new_job.available_duties: #
                        self.remove_duty(old_duty) #Remove duties that aren't available in the new job

if new_job.hire_function:
                new_job.hire_function(self)

for a_role in new_job.job_roles:
                if not self.has_exact_role(a_role):
                    self.add_role(a_role)

for new_duty in new_job.mandatory_duties:
                if new_duty not in self.duties:
                    self.add_duty(new_duty)

self.limit_duties() # Make sure we don't have too many duties after changing our job.

self.job = new_job
>            if not old_salary:
>                self.salary = self.calculate_job_salary()
            self.event_triggers_dict["job_known"] = job_known

Reactions: rb813

YameteDesu

Oct 25, 2018
is there a way to promote Mom as stripclub Manager? coz I made her quit her job before I hired her, but still can't promote her..

falcoon

Oct 30, 2016
is there a way to promote Mom as stripclub Manager? coz I made her quit her job before I hired her, but still can't promote her..
Wasn't there charisma or inteligence check? You need to either train her (persuade or trance), give her an appropriate serum or outright cheat her stats.

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
is there any word on this mod continuing to expand the game since apparently vren is mia?
Yes, but from what I have previously read in the thread, the main modder(s) prefer to wait until Vren has been silent for 6 months, before they consider the game really abandoned and open for more extensive changes.

In the meantime you can see an insane amount of fixes (and some story content) ongoing here:

Reactions: bloodbus

TeoNZ

Apr 24, 2019
Okay, so here is what you need to do.:

doggy_anal.transitions.remove([doggy,"transition_doggy_dogy_anal"])
That is wrong.

Go into the "game\Mods\Position\Enhanced". There look for a file called enhance_position_tutorial.rpy
Open it with a texteditor. Notepad for example. I use Notepad++.

Almost at the very top in it there will be this exact line.
doggy_anal.transitions.remove([doggy,"transition_doggy_dogy_anal"])
You need to edit it into this:
doggy_anal.transitions.remove([doggy,"transition_doggy_anal_doggy"])

Save it. Done. Game works after that. And now that i've told you the instructions i may as well share the corrected file now can't i :HideThePain:
I have tried that, and deleted .rpyc file, but still get same error, sadly

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I have tried that, and deleted .rpyc file, but still get same error, sadly
Share your enhance_position_tutorial.rpy please and the first part of the traceback.txt right after the game crashes.

TeoNZ

Apr 24, 2019
Share your enhance_position_tutorial.rpy please and the first part of the traceback.txt right after the game crashes.
OK, attached, chhers

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/Mods/Position/Enhanced/enhance_position_tutorial.rpy", line 4, in script
init 2 python:
File "game/Mods/Position/Enhanced/enhance_position_tutorial.rpy", line 4, in script
init 2 python:
File "game/Mods/Position/Enhanced/enhance_position_tutorial.rpy", line 12, in <module>
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list

Last edited:

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
OK, attached, chhers

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
init 2 python:
init 2 python:
File "game/Mods/Position/Enhanced/enhance_position_tutorial.rpy", line 12, in <module>
ValueError: list.remove(x): x not in list
Your file works with my version BUT there is a line that your file lacks, which to me tell we aren't using the same version of the mod. If you are using a different version there is a very likely possibility that these variables ran / or started running under a different name. My fix only work with March 8th variant (and probably older but not too much older.) So there is a range you have to stay within with the commits you are using.

Otherwise you will have to look up your version's correct variable names from the original files.

Edit: Has been fixed, my ignorance over the updated bugfix strikes back once again here.

Last edited:

YameteDesu

Oct 25, 2018
Wasn't there charisma or inteligence check? You need to either train her (persuade or trance), give her an appropriate serum or outright cheat her stats.
i gave her a dose of natural talent, and she loves taking control. still no option to promote her..

4.70 star(s) 55 Votes