4.70 star(s) 55 Votes

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
i gave her a dose of natural talent, and she loves taking control. still no option to promote her..
Was the option given to look for a manager? You know, just because you know this will be the case the plot might not be there yet where this becomes possible :geek: Just asking.

TeoNZ

Apr 24, 2019
Your file works with my version BUT there is a line that your file lacks, which to me tell we aren't using the same version of the mod. If you are using a different version there is a very likely possibility that these variables ran / or started running under a different name. My fix only work with March 8th variant (and probably older but not too much older.) So there is a range you have to stay within with the commits you are using.

Otherwise you will have to look up your version's correct variable names from the original files.
Thanks for checking. I was trying development mods, I think that will be the issue. I revert back and things work fine.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Thanks for checking. I was trying development mods, I think that will be the issue. I revert back and things work fine.
Yes, mods that alters the files of the variables most definitely fuck this up. Glad it worked out! (y)

YameteDesu

Oct 25, 2018
Was the option given to look for a manager? You know, just because you know this will be the case the plot might not be there yet where this becomes possible :geek: Just asking.
Gabrielle is already the mistress, you should be able to promote a new manager immediately..

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Gabrielle is already the mistress, you should be able to promote a new manager immediately..
No :geek: It happens a week after you have the club. But depends what speed option you choosed for plots to play out at game start.

YameteDesu

Oct 25, 2018
No :geek: It happens a week after you have the club. But depends what speed option you choosed for plots to play out at game start.
it's been more than a week, like I said Gabrielle is already the mistress. it takes a couple of weeks to have the BDSM room required for the Mistress position.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
it's been more than a week, like I said Gabrielle is already the mistress. it takes a couple of weeks to have the BDSM room required for the Mistress position.
Here is the catch. You cannot have a BDSM room without manager. Having a manager is what triggers it. :unsure:
def strip_club_manager_bdsm_room_suggestion_requirement():
if not mc.business.event_triggers_dict.get("strip_club_has_bdsm_room", False):
if day >= (get_strip_club_foreclosed_last_action_day() + 15): # the event trigger after 15 days you have a manager
if not mc.business.event_triggers_dict.get("strip_club_bdsm_decision_day", None): # Not suggested yet
if __builtin__.len(stripclub_waitresses) > 0 and strip_club_get_manager():

There is no variant for building BDSM room without manager like with strippers and waiters. It's her plotline to suggest the room and discuss it with you. You must be having one already. Either you are unaware or the code considers someone as anyway. But there is an entire discussion with her before you can build the BDSM room.

YameteDesu

Oct 25, 2018
Here is the catch. You cannot have a BDSM room without manager. Having a manager is what triggers it. :unsure:
def strip_club_manager_bdsm_room_suggestion_requirement():
if not mc.business.event_triggers_dict.get("strip_club_has_bdsm_room", False):
if day >= (get_strip_club_foreclosed_last_action_day() + 15): # the event trigger after 15 days you have a manager
if not mc.business.event_triggers_dict.get("strip_club_bdsm_decision_day", None): # Not suggested yet
if __builtin__.len(stripclub_waitresses) > 0 and strip_club_get_manager():

There is no variant for building BDSM room without manager like with strippers and waiters. It's her plotline to suggest the room and discuss it with you. You must be having one already. Either you are unaware or the code considers someone as anyway. But there is an entire discussion with her before you can build the BDSM room.
Gabrielle was the manager before I promoted her..

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Maybe some special characters are just exempted then.
Fire her, see if that restores her manager job or maybe clears up the issue by removing all of her club roles. Check if you can hire someone else as manager then. If not, try to hire Gabrielle again as manager. Fire her while she is manager and check again if you can hire someone else who qualifies. Do tell if any of these works.

vonbek

Apr 23, 2020
trying to get the Dev Version to run

process :

install base game
install bugfix
install Renpy update
install mod

afaik that's the correct order but it's throwing this as an error, but at least gets to theLoading Image spalsh screen now before borking.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
trying to get the Dev Version to run

process :

install base game
install bugfix
install Renpy update
install mod

afaik that's the correct order but it's throwing this as an error, but at least gets to theLoading Image spalsh screen now before borking.
The last couple weeks of commits won't work until the bugfix has been updated which tristim keeps reminding himself to do so but hasn't been done yet. So you have to go with versions prior the ones that started to require this bugfix update.

I suppose that is the problem that you are trying an up-to-date commit.

Scrap that! I just noticed. You aren't using proper base version either :D
Your traceback says 0.51,1
It should be stating 0.51.1.2
Wrong placement of the mods folder i suppose .

It isn't that weirdly named folder (lr2mods-345kj46hf4v64564whatever) that goes into the 'game' folder but the Mods one inside of that.

Last edited:

vonbek

Apr 23, 2020
The last couple weeks of commits won't work until the bugfix has been updated which tristim keeps reminding himself to do so but hasn't been done yet. So you have to go with versions prior the ones that started to require this bugfix update.

I suppose that is the problem that you are trying an up-to-date commit.

Scrap that! I just noticed. You aren't using proper base version either :D
Your traceback says 0.51,1
It should be stating 0.51.1.2
Wrong placement of the mods folder i suppose .
not seeing a link for the vanilla 51.1.2 on launch page, and Discord just advised don't use the bundled BF version

or should I use the BF version instead?

also mods confirmed in right place of game>mods

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
not seeing a link for the vanilla 51.1.2 on launch page, and Discord just advised don't use the bundled BF version

or should I use the BF version instead?

also mods confirmed in right place of game>mods
The .2 is added by the mod. You still need the bugfix patch. If we assume you applied those folders and files correctly as well. After all these, you can use a newer Mods version BUT do NOT overwrite the old one! Always delete the Mods folder when replacing with new one. Yet, currently, as i mentioned in my previous post you shouldn't use the latest of Mods. I use the one released on 8th of March.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ohwowyikesbuddy

vonbek

Apr 23, 2020
The .2 is added by the mod. You still need the bugfix patch. If we assume you applied those folders and files correctly as well. After all these, you can use a newer Mods version BUT do NOT overwrite the old one! Always delete the Mods folder when replacing with new one. Yet, currently, as i mentioned in my previous post you shouldn't use the latest of Mods. I use the one released on 8th of March.
oh, time to go grab that then before I do the mod insert step again then

YameteDesu

Oct 25, 2018
Fire her, see if that restores her manager job or maybe clears up the issue by removing all of her club roles. Check if you can hire someone else as manager then. If not, try to hire Gabrielle again as manager. Fire her while she is manager and check again if you can hire someone else who qualifies. Do tell if any of these works.
yeah.. did some similar stuff, still didnt work.. i'll try asking over at discord

vonbek

Apr 23, 2020
I'll try again tomorrow, but you mean this commit?
1679962556199.png

4.70 star(s) 55 Votes