4.70 star(s) 55 Votes
Sep 13, 2018
Hi, my bad again ;) I've removed a totally useless array of pre-made characters from the base game (bugfix) that kept moving along in your save game. But missed one spot in the MOD, its now fixed.
Thanks Tristim for all your help and your contributions to this game.

Sep 13, 2018
On a fresh install of game, using the latest version of mod (Dated 22/03/2020 at 13:30) and bugfix (dated 22/03/2020 at 13:27). Starting a new game and hiring someone gives a bugfix on assigning them to a division. I rolledback and copied the exception to post this.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Kaftan

Kaftan

Jan 12, 2020
On a fresh install of game, using the latest version of mod (Dated 22/03/2020 at 13:30) and bugfix (dated 22/03/2020 at 13:27). Starting a new game and hiring someone gives a bugfix on assigning them to a division. I rolledback and copied the exception to post this.

Good to know that I'm not the only one having this issue :/

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
I have exactly the same issue.

Reducing windows scalling to 100% didn't changed anything.

Is there any way to correct it ? I am thinking it should be possible to move animation square on the left, somewhere in the script, but I didn't find anything. :-/
So you got a new monitor and now you have a display issue? You don't mention your old monitors resolution nor the new monitors resolution, is it the same resolution for both or different? Are you running at native resolution or are you running with a scaled up resolution? Have you tried to reset the games preferences? You can do that by deleting the file named "persistent" which can be found in the "<game install folder>\game\saves" folder AND the "C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\LR_2_Proto-1493018508" folder. You MUST delete the file from both locations.

As always when requesting help, YOU are the one asking for help so YOU must be the one to provide as much info and detail as possible. The more information you provide, the easier it will be for others to try to help you. ;)

espguy

Dec 14, 2017
Ive downloaded the new version but still get this:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/Mods/Starbuck/SB_Anal_Standing.rpy", line 3, in script
    init python:
  File "game/Mods/Starbuck/SB_Anal_Standing.rpy", line 16, in <module>
    opinion_tags = ["doggy style sex", "anal sex", "sex standing up"], record_class = "Anal Sex")
TypeError: __init__() takes at least 23 arguments (25 given)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    init python:
  File "E:\Games\adlt\gms\### Novels\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "E:\Games\adlt\gms\### Novels\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
    opinion_tags = ["doggy style sex", "anal sex", "sex standing up"], record_class = "Anal Sex")

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Mon Mar 23 01:12:50 2020

Reactions: styles76

DaMatt

Feb 6, 2018
Ive downloaded the new version but still get this:

Code:

While running game code:
    init python:

Full traceback:
    init python:
  File "E:\Games\adlt\gms\### Novels\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
  File "E:\Games\adlt\gms\### Novels\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Mon Mar 23 01:12:50 2020
Do you try to load an old save from 0.25? These are incompatible.

Cheers
Matt

Malen

Aug 12, 2017
Hi guys, I am not sure if someone has managed to figure out a way to change pubic colour? I mean, if you change a girl's hair colour, the pubic hair stays the original (and I mean bright blue pubic hair?), so I looked around, and found this for active character (if you used the hair salon or changed it from the mod, the current person is the the_person):
the_person.pubes_colour=[<R>,<G>,<B>,<opacity>]
Unfortunately this does not seem to work, though requesting it back shows that the values are stored (only, the pubic hair colour stays the same)
I looked around in the code, and found this one:
self.pubes_colour = get_darkened_colour(hair_colour[1], 0.07)
This can be modified: the_person.pubes_colour = get_darkened_colour(hair_colour[1], 0.07)
Now, this also works perfectly, but the result is the same, the values are stored, but no change in the pubic hair colour. Something has changed, and the game requests the RGB values from somewhere else, and these are just dummy values (and only used for original value transfer), or something else is broken?

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018

Yeah, i found another issue later that day, it has been fixed 22/03/2020 21:48 in the bugfix branch.

Reactions: greasemonkey98

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Hi guys, I am not sure if someone has managed to figure out a way to change pubic colour? I mean, if you change a girl's hair colour, the pubic hair stays the original (and I mean bright blue pubic hair?), so I looked around, and found this for active character (if you used the hair salon or changed it from the mod, the current person is the the_person):
the_person.pubes_colour=[<R>,<G>,<B>,<opacity>]
Unfortunately this does not seem to work, though requesting it back shows that the values are stored (only, the pubic hair colour stays the same)
I looked around in the code, and found this one:
self.pubes_colour = get_darkened_colour(hair_colour[1], 0.07)
This can be modified: the_person.pubes_colour = get_darkened_colour(hair_colour[1], 0.07)
Now, this also works perfectly, but the result is the same, the values are stored, but no change in the pubic hair colour. Something has changed, and the game requests the RGB values from somewhere else, and these are just dummy values (and only used for original value transfer), or something else is broken?
The colour is actually set on the_person.pubes_style.colour property. I've added the option to change the pubes color from the cheat menu (x key) of cheat button at the bottom.

gundam0507

Apr 28, 2018
so i just did a fresh install and images are appearing off screen and i get and error when i try to use detailed information.

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
so i just did a fresh install and images are appearing off screen and i get and error when i try to use detailed information.
I had an exception when clicking on the "Detailed information" button a few days ago but forgot to report it. :oops: Are you using the latest versions of Mod/Bugfix? @Tristim is currently updating both Mod & Bugfix at least once a day so you may just need to download the latest beta versions.

For the images appearing off-screen have you tried to reset the games preferences? You can do that by deleting the file named "persistent" which can be found in the "<game install folder>\game\saves" folder AND the "C:\Users\<YOUR USER NAME>\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\LR_2_Proto-1493018508" folder. You MUST delete the file from both locations.

EDIT: Just tried with a brand new fresh install using Bugfix files dated 23/03/2020 06:28 & Mod files dated 24/03/2020 10:18. Started a new game, selected to play the Introduction and tutorial, played up to the part where you start the discussion with your mom to buy the lab. When the MC says "And I'll be able to pay for that. This is the chance of a life time Mom." I clicked on the "Detailed information" button for mom and got the same exception:

I'd hazard a guess that this occurs because you are still in the Introduction and tutorial part of the game and some game elements are not yet available.

Last edited:

wizyy

Nov 24, 2017
```

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 9119, in script call
call talk_person(picked_option) from _call_talk_person
File "game/script.rpy", line 9235, in script call
call talk_person(the_person) from _call_talk_person_1 #If we're in the same place and time hasn't advanced keep talking to them until we stop talking on purpose.
File "game/script.rpy", line 9230, in script call
$ _return.call_action(the_person)
File "game/Mods/Sarah/role_HR_supervisor.rpy", line 935, in script call
call HR_director_personnel_interview_label(the_person, max_opinion = get_HR_director_tag("business_HR_coffee_tier", 0)) from HR_DIR_INTERVIEW_CALL_4
File "game/Mods/Sarah/role_HR_supervisor.rpy", line 667, in script
$ mc.listener_system.fire_event("HR_opinion_improvement", the_person = person_choice)
File "game/Mods/Sarah/role_HR_supervisor.rpy", line 667, in <module>
$ mc.listener_system.fire_event("HR_opinion_improvement", the_person = person_choice)
File "game/script.rpy", line 3728, in fire_event
if goal.call_trigger(**kwargs): #on_trigger returns true if the goal is finished and we can stop letting it know.
File "game/script.rpy", line 3804, in call_trigger
return self.on_trigger_function(self, **kwargs)
TypeError: HR_interview_count_function() got an unexpected keyword argument 'the_person'

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 9119, in script call
call talk_person(picked_option) from _call_talk_person
File "game/script.rpy", line 9235, in script call
call talk_person(the_person) from _call_talk_person_1 #If we're in the same place and time hasn't advanced keep talking to them until we stop talking on purpose.
File "game/script.rpy", line 9230, in script call
$ _return.call_action(the_person)
File "game/Mods/Sarah/role_HR_supervisor.rpy", line 935, in script call
call HR_director_personnel_interview_label(the_person, max_opinion = get_HR_director_tag("business_HR_coffee_tier", 0)) from HR_DIR_INTERVIEW_CALL_4
File "game/Mods/Sarah/role_HR_supervisor.rpy", line 667, in script
File "D:\Program Files\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
File "D:\Program Files\Lab_Rats_2-v0.26.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
File "game/Mods/Sarah/role_HR_supervisor.rpy", line 667, in <module>
File "game/script.rpy", line 3728, in fire_event
if goal.call_trigger(**kwargs): #on_trigger returns true if the goal is finished and we can stop letting it know.
File "game/script.rpy", line 3804, in call_trigger
return self.on_trigger_function(self, **kwargs)
TypeError: HR_interview_count_function() got an unexpected keyword argument 'the_person'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.26.1
Tue Mar 24 21:07:01 2020
```

DaMatt

Feb 6, 2018
No save, tried to open the game and got it
I had a closer look into your tracelog. Try the following:
- delete the mod - subfolder
- extract the mod again.
Some files now have a new location. This way you make sure, that the (old and now incompatible) files of older mod-versions get deleted.

Cheers
Matt

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
After starting a new game with a brand new fresh install using Bugfix files dated 23/03/2020 06:28 & Mod files dated 24/03/2020 10:18 I was going through the Introduction and tutorial, but when I got to the point before you visit Stephanie at the Lab for a quick tour I got this:

Lab Rats 2 error.jpg

Look closely and you can see that the entries in the "Do Something" column are duplicated! MOD Settings, MOD Configuration, Change Event Occurences and Use metric system are all displayed twice!

espguy

Dec 14, 2017
I had a closer look into your tracelog. Try the following:
- delete the mod - subfolder
- extract the mod again.
Some files now have a new location. This way you make sure, that the (old and now incompatible) files of older mod-versions get deleted.

Cheers
Matt
it worked, thanks

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
thanks fixed it the screen.rpy in the bugfix was the problem
Good to know you were able to fix the problem.

is it possible to hire the mother and sister and if so how do i do it
As far as I know it isn't possible to employ unique characters such as your mother, sister, aunt and cousin. That's part of the base game and neither the Mod or the Bugfix changes that, though they may add more people to the list of unique characters you can't employ.

gundam0507

Apr 28, 2018
Good to know you were able to fix the problem.

As far as I know it isn't possible to employ unique characters such as your mother, sister, aunt and cousin. That's part of the base game and neither the Mod or the Bugfix changes that, though they may add more people to the list of unique characters you can't employ.
nevermind i found out how

4.70 star(s) 55 Votes