4.70 star(s) 55 Votes

SwissCheese

Nov 3, 2018
IIRC it was one of Vren's plans and he is gone so... unless there was some other graphical overhaul I haven't heard about.
It's being worked on by the modders. Super slow going as the original files and whatnot belong to Vren and he didn't pass those along but it is being worked on.

I don't really get what's the point of working on this "Reformulate", besides the initial content they added all the new stuff is just some boring serum grindfest. This game needs more visual changes, more character models, hairstyles and clothes, not another pointless serum trait, when the game can literally be played without using serums (besides selling them) at all.
It's not just all serum grind. There are plenty of storylines being worked on for special characters and events/new dialogue being added. There are new quests and roles, such as head of HR, the lifestyle coach, and prostitute professions to list a few. The reason for reformulate is cuz people really like the base project and want to see it continue and have a hand in doing so.

Ikaanos_citizen

Oct 9, 2022
There are plenty of storylines being worked on for special characters
I think it's a mistake. Lab Rats 2 is a great sandbox, but current modder team trying to turns it to mediocre VN. It would be better to focus on events, clothing, add some new NPC reactions, new punishments, and so on. I would remove all non-random NPCs in general, along with the entire storyline. The story is boring, not interesting, some of the story NPCs (Cara, Gabrielle) are generally fat and unattractive. If all efforts were put into more advanced behavior of random NPCs, the game would be much more interesting and replayable.

LickeyDs

Nov 2, 2017
I think it's a mistake. Lab Rats 2 is a great sandbox, but current modder team trying to turns it to mediocre VN. It would be better to focus on events, clothing, add some new NPC reactions, new punishments, and so on. I would remove all non-random NPCs in general, along with the entire storyline. The story is boring, not interesting, some of the story NPCs (Cara, Gabrielle) are generally fat and unattractive. If all efforts were put into more advanced behavior of random NPCs, the game would be much more interesting and replayable.
What a rollercoaster I went on reading this post.
Lab Rats 2 is a great sandbox, but current modder team trying to turns it to mediocre VN. It would be better to focus on events, clothing, add some new NPC reactions, new punishments, and so on.
Agree.
I would remove all non-random NPCs in general, along with the entire storyline. The story is boring, not interesting
Disagree.
some of the story NPCs (Cara, Gabrielle) are generally fat and unattractive
You can customize their appearance pretty freely with gym sessions, hair salon, and serums.

Jan 7, 2018
I took a look at the discord channel, and a user posted a pre-build version of Dec 23. It's either heavily modded, or definitely not the one you can currently clone on git (btw, the last version seems to throw an error everytime there is a sex scene).

The pre-build version I downloaded on discord:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ddtmm

Jun 5, 2020
tip: get them into a deep trance early in the day and you can hit them a few times to reprogram their brains faster

Jan 7, 2018
I keep getting this error:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Since I'm a serial downloader/restarter, maybe I left some config file lying around and it's breaking my saves?
This happens with two different PCs and downloads since 23.01.24.

Jan 7, 2018
Yes, reading the dialogues, it seems like they consider the MC as their significant other and think they are cheating him... with the MC himself!

For instance, if you ask your unmarried girlfriend on a date, she responds: "You know I have a husband, right?"

I think it affects characters who have some sort of opinion about "cheating on men".

Jaxter

Feb 21, 2018
Last stable release was over 4 months ago.
Is it worth installing stuff to try and compile the beta?

Jan 7, 2018
Yes, IMO. And if you want a sort of alternative gameplay it's worth trying the infamous Dec 23 release.

(It took me weeks, but I finally realized that the develop branch is not the same as the Dec23 branch)

Jaxter

Feb 21, 2018
I have now attempted to download and compile the beta version, it's throwing a type error. I'm guessing I'll have to wait for the next stable release whenever that comes around.

Nobodysan

Mar 11, 2021
Yes, IMO. And if you want a sort of alternative gameplay it's worth trying the infamous Dec 23 release.

(It took me weeks, but I finally realized that the develop branch is not the same as the Dec23 branch)
Could that be why when I flirt with a character with high sluttiness they don't give a reply and I don't get the option to start making out? I was about to go back to the stable release.

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
I don't really get what's the point of working on this "Reformulate", besides the initial content they added all the new stuff is just some boring serum grindfest.
I must be imagining things like threesomes, additional sex poses and dialogues (or more dialogues in general), more granular and logical taboo breaks, or even much better control over your "business" and its employees.
This game needs more visual changes, more character models, hairstyles and clothes,
Could certainly use it, and is being slowly worked on. "Needs" though? No, you need that, not the game. Even with the frequent goblinoid faces it's still a solid game already.
not another pointless serum trait,
Playes the game based around serums, complains about more serum mechanics...
when the game can literally be played without using serums (besides selling them) at all.
Not without cheats, unless you have years of real time to grind dates with a single character.

Kind of curious why you'd play something you're clearly not enjoying. Or, hell, just jump onto the devgit, fork off, and start adding things you want. Pretty sure current folks slaving to give us any kind of additional content will be perfectly happy to merge additions that aren't too far out for their vision of the game.

Reactions: Nobodysan
Jun 26, 2023
I must be imagining things like threesomes, additional sex poses and dialogues (or more dialogues in general), more granular and logical taboo breaks, or even much better control over your "business" and its employees.
Could certainly use it, and is being slowly worked on. "Needs" though? No, you need that, not the game. Even with the frequent goblinoid faces it's still a solid game already.
Playes the game based around serums, complains about more serum mechanics...
Not without cheats, unless you have years of real time to grind dates with a single character.

Kind of curious why you'd play something you're clearly not enjoying. Or, hell, just jump onto the devgit, fork off, and start adding things you want. Pretty sure current folks slaving to give us any kind of additional content will be perfectly happy to merge additions that aren't too far out for their vision of the game.
What are those additional positions? Copy pasting a position and calling it dildoing instead of fingering is not a new position.

ZacariasF100

Nov 1, 2022
I hope more things about corruption,NTR or public use so on.Because the main theme may be using SERUMs to make a good lady into a bad slut.It is meaningless that U just play pure love as a sim game when the developers and modders created so great SERUM mechanics.

LickeyDs

Nov 2, 2017
I hope more things about corruption,NTR or public use so on.Because the main theme may be using SERUMs to make a good lady into a bad slut.It is meaningless that U just play pure love as a sim game when the developers and modders created so great SERUM mechanics.
But there are all those things you mentioned in the game already.
Sluttiness is the corruption meter, with the girls dressing more and more whorishly and jumping your bones at every opportunity. The whole point of serums is mind control and shaping girls how you like. You want an insatiable bimbo slut? The game has got a serum for that.
Some girls have boyfriends/husbands that they can shit talk during your encounters and you can even get caught with a girl and keep fucking her while she moans about choosing your dick over her boyfriend. There is even cuckold pregnancy.
Public use is also pretty extensive. There is public sex and free use of your employees.
One thing you're right about is that it is indeed meaningless if YOU, ZacariasF100 in particular, are playing it as just a pure love simulator and not engaging in the aforementioned mechanics.

• Love
Reactions: ashrana88

Nobodysan

Mar 11, 2021
Could that be why when I flirt with a character with high sluttiness they don't give a reply and I don't get the option to start making out? I was about to go back to the stable release.
Correction: $ the_person.call_dialogue("flirt_response_low") and $ the_person.call_dialogue("flirt_response_mid") seems to work fine for me, but $ the_person.call_dialogue("flirt_response_high") doesn't: it just skips their dialogue and goes straight back to the character interaction menu, even when I stick a line of dialogue before the first "if" in the relevant flirt_response_high. I've looked around in various personality.rpy files and the navigation.json file (and tried updating via git, but who knows if I did that right), and I still can't see why two work but the other doesn't. Does anyone have any idea of how to fix it?

Reactions: pinktoiletpaper
Jan 7, 2018
I have now attempted to download and compile the beta version, it's throwing a type error. I'm guessing I'll have to wait for the next stable release whenever that comes around.
Alternative method:
1. Download the 09.23 (aka master) version here;
2. Open the "game" folder, delete all the rpa files except character_images.rpa;
3. Go to the LR2Mods GitGud page, search for "branches", download "develop";
4. Copy the content of the "game" folder from develop to 09.23.

That should be it. Now you have an "updated" 09.23 version, aka develop/beta. You could do the same for the dec23 version.

Correction: $ the_person.call_dialogue("flirt_response_low") and $ the_person.call_dialogue("flirt_response_mid") seems to work fine for me, but $ the_person.call_dialogue("flirt_response_high") doesn't: it just skips their dialogue and goes straight back to the character interaction menu, even when I stick a line of dialogue before the first "if" in the relevant flirt_response_high. I've looked around in various personality.rpy files and the navigation.json file (and tried updating via git, but who knows if I did that right), and I still can't see why two work but the other doesn't. Does anyone have any idea of how to fix it?
I thought it was a new feature, not a bug :)
Anyway, the dec23content has its own branch, you can download it and repeat the steps described above to see if the bug (?) has been fixed.

4.70 star(s) 55 Votes