4.70 star(s) 55 Votes

electricat

Feb 1, 2020
OK, it's the current work-in-progress mod from the git, but an old save:
Total CTD with this
Code:
[lots of tracebacks to line 35]
File "game/Mods/CasualSex/Casual_Sex_Date_Plan_Override.rpy", line 35, in script call
    call movie_date_plan_label(the_person) from _call_movie_date_plan_label_enhanced
  File "game/Mods/CasualSex/Casual_Sex_Date_Plan_Override.rpy", line 20, in script
    if casual_hotwife_role in the_person.special_role:
  File "[redacted]/lr2/Lab_Rats_2-v0.29.1-pc/renpy/execution.py", line 59, in check_infinite_loop
    raise Exception("Possible infinite loop.")
Exception: Possible infinite loop.
When trying to plan a movie date with Alexia on Tuesday evening. (it seems it's broken with everyone, not just her.)

EDIT: commentiong out the label override worked, so it looks like instead of calling the unmodded label it just keeps calling itself.

Last edited:

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
Not game-breaking but kinda jarring:

I don't know why, but though I chose "predictable" birth control and certainly gave neither a supressor serums nor asked them to go off it, both Lilly (the sister) and Sarah got pregnant within a day of each other. The only thing common between them is that they are in a lot of threesome scenarios, and in fact I choose them for Sarah's arranged threesome. It could be something else, I didn't dig deep into it, and I don't even really know how the pregnancy code works.

Mom and her "I want a baby" crisis can happen with her still on birth control and referencing it in her pre-orgasm talk.

Chemist's Baby Girl/Production Line quest can run twice on the exact same employee. As
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also, it could be prudent to check for pregnancy and kids (instead of just erasing them) as some of those kids may be MC's now.

Medical Breakthrough can target Alexia. On the one hand it's OK, as really, there's no need for more than one marketing employee until very late in the game, on the other, it contradicts her "canon" backstory.
The pregnancy code isn't changed for threesomes. If it is set to predictable, I'm not really sure how that would be possible to be honest.

Jennifer and her want a baby crisis are both from vanilla and are untouched by the mod.

The production line quest should only run once per save game. Have you had it run twice? Its possible this could have been caused by updating the mod causing it to lose track of its completion status. The quest itself is supposed to add the girl chosen to the unavailable persons list, so it shouldn't be the same girl for any of the of personality changing quests.

I'll try to write an alternate text for Alexia and the medical breakthrough side quest, since that makes sense she is a recent graduate and only spent one year out of town.

What are the steps with Ashley?

I helped her move to her appartment and spanked her at work but I can't find new events
That is actually a side quest and could be assigned to any of the girls in production and isn't ashley specific. Right now Ashley doesn't have very much story related content, she is a WIP.

electricat

Feb 1, 2020
Yea, but I was talking about the mod feature. (When you're talking to Nora, the hints icon in the bottom left displays all the traits MC still doesn't have.)

The production line quest should only run once per save game. Have you had it run twice? Its possible this could have been caused by updating the mod causing it to lose track of its completion status. The quest itself is supposed to add the girl chosen to the unavailable persons list, so it shouldn't be the same girl for any of the of personality changing quests.
I think I might have accidentally broken it when I tried to force the essential oils quest (really nice one, BTW) so that's probably it. Thanks for explaining that.

Jennifer and her want a baby crisis are both from vanilla and are untouched by the mod.
Oops, I forgot.

As for surprise pregnancies, I'll try to keep an eye on that and see if it happens again and if there are any other patterns.

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
As for surprise pregnancies, I'll try to keep an eye on that and see if it happens again and if there are any other patterns.
I'm not saying its not the mod, but I checked the code and it looks right? What makes it more difficult also is that pregnancy doesn't become apparent until something like 7-10 days after it happens, so its too long after to use rollback to see what happened.

Reactions: electricat

electricat

Feb 1, 2020
I'm not saying its not the mod, but I checked the code and it looks right? What makes it more difficult also is that pregnancy doesn't become apparent until something like 7-10 days after it happens, so its too long after to use rollback to see what happened.
Yea, that's the main issue. I'll try to see how that thing works for myself and maybe put some debug logging. If I can reproduce (heh) that one again in a different game, that is.

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
For the employee issue I have a suggestion on how to workaround it, but it'll take some manual inputs in the console.
You can look through the various department's list and check their indexes to locate who needs to be removed.

Look through their indexes and check their names or other attributes (available attributes can be found by inputting dir(Person) in the console) to identify which one is your target e.g mc.business.production_team[0].name
Once, and if you find the person you are looking for, remember the list and index (or open the console and input chick_to_yeet = mc.business.production_team[0] to have it saved to a variable).
Then to actually remove them run mc.business.remove_employee(mc.business.production_team[0]).

When it comes to the mastery levels or any attribute of serums you can run a for loop on the list_of_traits.
Thanks for the reply. I guess I should have mentioned that I know the names of the two employees who left, but after I posted I went back to playing for a while. I finally got fed up with the errors whenever an event started at work so I decided to drop that save and upgrade to the latest 29.1 versions. Though I'm still wondering why the game doesn't handle this situation, if the player employs someone who, at a later date, leaves because of "feelings" and is subsequently removed from the game, why is that person still listed as an employee? Why doesn't the game remove that person from the staff lists? Shouldn't that be something that you look into? :unsure: Guess I'll just have to be a bit more "selective" as to who I choose to employ for now! :cautious:

As for the trait mastery, I tried:
for serum in list_of_traits: serum.mastery_level = 100
in the console, then checked all the traits and there were some that still had a chance of side-effects so I tried again but increased the number, after a couple of further attempts I found that:
for serum in list_of_traits: serum.mastery_level = 400
gives 0% chance of side-effect on ALL traits, so that will save a HUGE amount of time on research! (y) :cool:
EDIT: Forgot to ask if this could be added to your Cheat Mod to make it easy for everyone to use this?

Last edited:

cj1015

Apr 26, 2018
Hmmm okay so I'm getting an error, and it doesn't appear that any of the serums are working? that said here is the error I'm getting do I just need to upgrade my mod?
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9796, in script call
    call talk_person(picked_option) from _call_talk_person
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9909, in script call
    $ _return.call_action(the_person)
  File "game/Mods/Person/main_character_actions.rpy", line 307, in script call
    call give_serum(person) from _call_give_serum_modded_addition_2
  File "game/script.rpy", line 10034, in script
    $ the_person.give_serum(copy.copy(the_serum)) #use a copy rather than the main class, so we can modify and delete the effects without changing anything else.
  File "game/script.rpy", line 10034, in <module>
    $ the_person.give_serum(copy.copy(the_serum)) #use a copy rather than the main class, so we can modify and delete the effects without changing anything else.
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Person_Extensions/person_class_extensions.rpy", line 845, in give_serum_enhanced
    the_serum_design.run_on_apply(self, add_to_log) # add to log is done through SerumTrait.on_apply()
TypeError: run_on_apply() takes exactly 2 arguments (3 given)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9796, in script call
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9909, in script call
    $ _return.call_action(the_person)
  File "game/Mods/Person/main_character_actions.rpy", line 307, in script call
    call give_serum(person) from _call_give_serum_modded_addition_2
  File "game/script.rpy", line 10034, in script
  File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.29.0a-pcB\Lab_Rats_2-v0.29.0a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.29.0a-pcB\Lab_Rats_2-v0.29.0a-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/script.rpy", line 10034, in <module>
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Person_Extensions/person_class_extensions.rpy", line 845, in give_serum_enhanced
    the_serum_design.run_on_apply(self, add_to_log) # add to log is done through SerumTrait.on_apply()
TypeError: run_on_apply() takes exactly 2 arguments (3 given)

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.29.0a
Wed Jun 17 13:29:55 2020

DaMatt

Feb 6, 2018
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.29.0a
Wed Jun 17 13:29:55 2020
[/code]
You are not on the latest vanilla version. The mod works only if you have vanilla 0.29.1 and the bugfix installed.

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 9894, in script call
File "game/script.rpy", line 10002, in script
call screen enhanced_main_choice_display(build_menu_items([build_chat_action_list(the_person), build_specific_action_list(the_person), build_special_role_actions_list(the_person)]))
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/shader/shaderdisplayable.rpy", line 87, in _interactCallback
shader._controllerContextStore.checkDisplayableVisibility(ShaderDisplayable)
GLError: GLError(
err = 1281,
description = 'ungultiger Wert',
baseOperation = glDeleteTextures,
pyArgs = (1, c_ulong(509L)),
cArgs = (1, c_ulong(509L)),
cArguments = (1, c_ulong(509L))
)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 9894, in script call
File "game/script.rpy", line 10002, in script
call screen enhanced_main_choice_display(build_menu_items([build_chat_action_list(the_person), build_specific_action_list(the_person), build_special_role_actions_list(the_person)]))
File "C:\Users\klape\Desktop\Lab_Rats_2-v0.29.1-pc - Kopie\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "C:\Users\klape\Desktop\Lab_Rats_2-v0.29.1-pc - Kopie\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\klape\Desktop\Lab_Rats_2-v0.29.1-pc - Kopie\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\klape\Desktop\Lab_Rats_2-v0.29.1-pc - Kopie\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\Users\klape\Desktop\Lab_Rats_2-v0.29.1-pc - Kopie\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\klape\Desktop\Lab_Rats_2-v0.29.1-pc - Kopie\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\klape\Desktop\Lab_Rats_2-v0.29.1-pc - Kopie\renpy\display\core.py", line 2932, in interact_core
i()
File "game/shader/shaderdisplayable.rpy", line 87, in _interactCallback
shader._controllerContextStore.checkDisplayableVisibility(ShaderDisplayable)
File "shader/controller.py", line 97, in checkDisplayableVisibility
File "shader/controller.py", line 46, in freeController
File "shader/controller.py", line 126, in free
File "shader/rendering.py", line 125, in free
File "shader/rendering.py", line 43, in free
File "shader/rendering.py", line 35, in free
File "shader/gpu/texture.py", line 47, in free
File "OpenGL/latebind.py", line 61, in __call__
File "OpenGL/GL/exceptional.py", line 63, in glDeleteTextures
File "OpenGL/latebind.py", line 41, in __call__
File "OpenGL/wrapper.py", line 688, in wrapperCall
GLError: GLError(
err = 1281,
description = 'ungultiger Wert',
baseOperation = glDeleteTextures,
pyArgs = (1, c_ulong(509L)),
cArgs = (1, c_ulong(509L)),
cArguments = (1, c_ulong(509L))
)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.29.1
Thu Jun 18 01:16:37 2020
```

I have this error after a certain time. :(
Error reports need to be placed inside spoiler tags, makes it easier for everyone to read. It would also help if you include the versions of Bugfix and Mod you're using. Adding some info as to what you were doing can be helpful as well, then the team can have some clues as to what might have led to the error.

ExecControl

Mar 8, 2020
Hello friends, really appreciate your time working on the mod! Thanks for your efforts <3

I've also come to report an error, it seems that receiving character sheet rewards for main stats (possibly only the second time) resutls in an infinite loop

Hexxerald

Jan 12, 2020
so how do you mod the android version? i'm kinda new to modding so is there a simple way to do it? or can i request the latest version for modded Lab rats for android?

Reactions: Zel zaraki

cj1015

Apr 26, 2018
Hello friends, really appreciate your time working on the mod! Thanks for your efforts <3

I've also come to report an error, it seems that receiving character sheet rewards for main stats (possibly only the second time) resutls in an infinite loop

I go this too after a fresh install of everything

MeukBak

Jan 17, 2018
You can make it visible, discovered it by accident when going to the gym together... If a girl is pregnant it will give a message, even just after your 'happy' moments... So I ended up with an pregnant intern...

• Haha
Reactions: DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
You can make it visible, discovered it by accident when going to the gym together... If a girl is pregnant it will give a message, even just after your 'happy' moments... So I ended up with an pregnant intern...
Expensive hobby :p

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
I noticed that the version numbers for the d/l links in the OP changed from (v0.29.1-Hotfix) to (v0.29.2) and the OP shows it was "Last edited: Yesterday at 6:44 PM" so I figured that there were new versions available and downloaded both Bugfix and Mod. Imagine my surprise when I opened both zip files and found that the contents were exactly the same as the versions I'd downloaded 2 days ago! So I checked the list of previous versions and they show that both Bugfix and Mod were last updated 3 days ago when the v0.29.1-Hotfix versions were released. So why have the version numbers next to the d/l links been changed to (v0.29.2)? :unsure:

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I checked the main Lab Rats 2 page and that's still showing v0.29.1 which just adds to the confusion.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 55 Votes