4.70 star(s) 55 Votes

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
Are glasses handled differently between unique NPCs like Stephanie, Alexia etc and the radomly generated ones? I'm aware of the console command line to remove them, but was wondering about that because the LASIK option won't show for them.
Currently, girls in the unique character list aren't eligible for LASIK because they are built specifically to have them, so its possible there may be dialogue at some point that assumes they will have glasses on.

That being said, if you want to change that, you can do it in \Mods\Person\Main_character_actions.rpy. The LASIK method is there, and if you comment out or delete the reference to unique_character_list it will work.

This is fantastic expansion upon the original product and I'm continually impressed by it! Unfortunately though I am having some issues.

I cannot seem to get the cheat menu to pop up. Caps lock isn't on, I downloaded the version with the mod already installed. Can anyone help?

Also, is there a way to update the saves when a change like lactation_sources is added? My old saves are no longer functional.
I think we have had this issue crop up before, possibly on apple products? Is there a button down at the bottom of the screen that says cheats? Down next to the ones that say quicksave, quickload, preferences, ETC.

As for save games, Vren I think usually has in his patch notes that every new update cycle will break existing save games, and that is one of the issues with Renpy in general. IF we write something new and add it in, it is very difficult to make sure that it works flawlessly with existing save games.

Another little annoyance about Candi: "Candi" and "Office Bimbo" are assigned to her name and posessive initially, but if she asks you to change them and you agree, there's no way to get them back later, because they aren't in the namelists. Since she has unique personality and role it's easy to add them, but it would be nice to have that in the official code.

(Also, I really like the idea of anti-bimbo serum in the code comments. Candi being smart about solving all her problems with sex would be super-hot.)
Candi/Candice is still very early in her story, and her personality file had a ton of issues with this patch cycle, so a ton of stuff got overlooked, including this. Thanks for the find.

There is a new master version of the mod out now. If you have been waiting for the most stable possible release now is the time to hop in. The develop branch will continue to get updated as write new story, events, and improvements. However, if you use the latest version, be advised that updates to develop may break existing save games, even in the middle of a patch cycle.

reyegab441

Jun 12, 2020
LZ_Starbuck,

Thank you for responding to my post! I can accept that the saves can break, especially if I can cheat ;)

Speaking of, to answer your question I'm not seeing the traditional "Back | History | Etc" bottom bar in Lab Rats 2. I see it in other Renpy titles. Is there a console command to renable it, or a place where I can browse the console commands by chance?

I am running Windows 10 Pro with an AMD Zen 2 processor and an RTX graphics card if that information is useful.

Edwarf

Jun 8, 2017
LZ_Starbuck,

Thank you for responding to my post! I can accept that the saves can break, especially if I can cheat ;)

Speaking of, to answer your question I'm not seeing the traditional "Back | History | Etc" bottom bar in Lab Rats 2. I see it in other Renpy titles. Is there a console command to renable it, or a place where I can browse the console commands by chance?

I am running Windows 10 Pro with an AMD Zen 2 processor and an RTX graphics card if that information is useful.
The menu is still there, as a matter of fact I find it quite annoying cos sometimes I click on it. The "back" feature goes with the mouse wheel... but dont mess with it too much.

Diechmann

Nov 29, 2018
First off i love the mod, i have been using it since the beginning.
I have a question though.
In my game whenever i change the haristyle and color on a girl, girls with the same hairstyle gets the exact same color, i can't seem to have girls with the same hairsyle but in different color.
do you know what could cause this or am i just doing something wrong :)

i might add that i could do it in the earlier versions of the mod, but in 28.1 it started happening, so i waited for the 29 version to see if it go fixed :)

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
First off i love the mod, i have been using it since the beginning.
I have a question though.
In my game whenever i change the haristyle and color on a girl, girls with the same hairstyle gets the exact same color, i can't seem to have girls with the same hairsyle but in different color.
do you know what could cause this or am i just doing something wrong :)

i might add that i could do it in the earlier versions of the mod, but in 28.1 it started happening, so i waited for the 29 version to see if it go fixed :)
Is this with the hair salon's screen / cheat menu screen or via console commands?
I'm unable to reproduce your issue on my end, so I'm assuming that you are using console commands or a script of your own ( if not let me know and I'll look further into it)

If the issue stems from the hair salon screen or the cheat menu I believe I know what the issue is, but it shouldn't have the effect you are facing.
Will need to add a .get_copy() to the styles as to not change the original instance of it (which it currently does).

Last edited:

Diechmann

Nov 29, 2018
Is this with the hair salon's screen / cheat menu screen or via console commands?
I'm unable to reproduce your issue on my end, so I'm assuming that you are using console commands or a script of your own ( if not let me know and I'll look further into it)

If the issue stems from the hair salon screen or the cheat menu I believe I know what the issue is, but it shouldn't have the effect you are facing.
Will need to add a .get_copy() to the styles as to not change the original instance of it (which it currently does).
it is from the hair salon screen and the cheat menu, i don't use console commands or a script of my own. i don't even know how to make a script of my own :D

but you belive that " Will need to add a .get_copy() to the styles as to not change the original instance of it" will fix it?
if so will you tell me what i need to do, i am not sure myself

Last edited:

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
it is from the hair salon screen and the cheat menu, i don't use console commands or a script of my own. i don't even know how to make a script of my own :D

but you belive that " Will need to add a .get_copy() to the styles as to not change the original instance of it" will fix it?
if so will you tell me what i need to do, i am not sure myself
In Mods/Screens/hair_styles.rpy at line 111 you'll add get_copy() to style_item so that it says style_item.get_copy(). That should fix it, although I can not confirm it myself.

I am currently looking through the entire screen now in an attempt to clear up some other inconsistencies with e.g the background color of the "Current Style" text not updating properly.

Diechmann

Nov 29, 2018
In Mods/Screens/hair_styles.rpy at line 111 you'll add get_copy() to style_item so that it says style_item.get_copy(). That should fix it, although I can not confirm it myself.

I am currently looking through the entire screen now in an attempt to clear up some other inconsistencies with e.g the background color of the "Current Style" text not updating properly.
it worked, but only if i use hair salon, i tested with cheats menu too but that one change all girls to the same color, but as long as i can do it via hair salon then i am happy.

so thank you very much for your help.

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
it worked, but only if i use hair salon, i tested with cheats menu too but that one change all girls to the same color, but as long as i can do it via hair salon then i am happy.

so thank you very much for your help.
I've applied the correction to the mod now with some additional fixes to the screen.
Made it so the cheat_menu points towards the same screen as the hair salon, so that too will function as intended.

Please let us know if you encounter any other issues with it, I had to re-arrange a couple of variables here and there and introduced a local function since RenPy's screen language has a kink for not running all of its actions in the proper order / skipping out on some.
(EDIT: Pushed it without a way to hide it when accessing from the cheat_menu, updated with a fix)

Last edited:
Reactions: hipslipblip

Jellyfish02

Apr 28, 2017
I'm about 95% certain this bug is fixed in the most recent version of the bugfix branch. It also could be an issue if you are trying to use a previous save, since before 29.X, girls didn't lactate.
Thanks!
Unfortunately the latest hotfix didn't help here. And you're right It's a save from a modded 28.1
But I was under the impression that I could continue those saves.

Anyway, have to start all over again.

GrizzlyUK

Oct 21, 2019
Random question time: Is there a "cheat" that allows you to raise the Mastery of ALL Serums at once? I know there's a console cheat that allows you to raise the Mastery of the current research project, but doing that for every serum, one by one, takes quite a while. Just wondered if there was a way to just set the Mastery for all serums to something like 10 all in one go?

More serious question time: Is there a way to remove an employee from my staff after the employee has left? I've discovered in my current 28.1 playthrough that two employees that decided to leave because of "feelings" are still listed as part of my Staff. This means my total employee count is higher than it actually is, both girls are still being paid even though they are nowhere to be found, there's an empty apartment where one of the girls used to live, but the real problem is when the game tries to create an event using one of those "missing" employees = ERRORS! Similar problem occur during my Monday morning HR meetings, when Sarah asks if I want to bring someone in for a chat, if I say "Yes" then the game throws some errors because of those "missing" employees! So I was curious as to whether there is a way to actually remove the "missing" employees from my staff roster so the game will stop trying to create events using characters that are no longer in the game!

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
Random question time: Is there a "cheat" that allows you to raise the Mastery of ALL Serums at once? I know there's a console cheat that allows you to raise the Mastery of the current research project, but doing that for every serum, one by one, takes quite a while. Just wondered if there was a way to just set the Mastery for all serums to something like 10 all in one go?

More serious question time: Is there a way to remove an employee from my staff after the employee has left? I've discovered in my current 28.1 playthrough that two employees that decided to leave because of "feelings" are still listed as part of my Staff. This means my total employee count is higher than it actually is, both girls are still being paid even though they are nowhere to be found, there's an empty apartment where one of the girls used to live, but the real problem is when the game tries to create an event using one of those "missing" employees = ERRORS! Similar problem occur during my Monday morning HR meetings, when Sarah asks if I want to bring someone in for a chat, if I say "Yes" then the game throws some errors because of those "missing" employees! So I was curious as to whether there is a way to actually remove the "missing" employees from my staff roster so the game will stop trying to create events using characters that are no longer in the game!
For the employee issue I have a suggestion on how to workaround it, but it'll take some manual inputs in the console.
You can look through the various department's list and check their indexes to locate who needs to be removed.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Look through their indexes and check their names or other attributes (available attributes can be found by inputting dir(Person) in the console) to identify which one is your target e.g mc.business.production_team[0].name
Once, and if you find the person you are looking for, remember the list and index (or open the console and input chick_to_yeet = mc.business.production_team[0] to have it saved to a variable).
Then to actually remove them run mc.business.remove_employee(mc.business.production_team[0]).

When it comes to the mastery levels or any attribute of serums you can run a for loop on the list_of_traits.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Not sure if it is a bug or a feature :p, but somehow I have two versions of Ashley (sister of Stephanie) in my game. One seems to be stuck in the hair salon and other is acting normal, version 29.1 hotfix. Does not seem to give further problems though.

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
Not sure if it is a bug or a feature :p, but somehow I have two versions of Ashley (sister of Stephanie) in my game. One seems to be stuck in the hair salon and other is acting normal, version 29.1 hotfix. Does not seem to give further problems though.
Can you ask them to follow you? If you can, make it a threesome with twins AND/OR a twins & Steph -foursome...

• Haha
Reactions: DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Can you ask them to follow you? If you can, make it a threesome with twins AND/OR a twins & Steph -foursome...
Had not tried it since still building them up a bit and loose some weight, but yeah the idea occurred to me. That is why I said not sure if was a bug or feature. :p

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
There's been a couple variations of this bug that have cropped up in the last week. I think we have them full addressed at this point, but in an existing savegame there isn't an easy way to fix it.

Reactions: DA22

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019

Anytime a woman is in the room.
I'm sorry but I am unable to reproduce this error. The only thing I know to suggest is to make sure the game, mod, and bugfix are all clean installations and to start a new game. Sometimes we have to move/delete files, and so overwriting an old version of the mod with the new version sometimes causes errors.

electricat

Feb 1, 2020
Not game-breaking but kinda jarring:

I don't know why, but though I chose "predictable" birth control and certainly gave neither a supressor serums nor asked them to go off it, both Lilly (the sister) and Sarah got pregnant within a day of each other. The only thing common between them is that they are in a lot of threesome scenarios, and in fact I choose them for Sarah's arranged threesome. It could be something else, I didn't dig deep into it, and I don't even really know how the pregnancy code works.

Mom and her "I want a baby" crisis can happen with her still on birth control and referencing it in her pre-orgasm talk.

Chemist's Baby Girl/Production Line quest can run twice on the exact same employee. As
Also, it could be prudent to check for pregnancy and kids (instead of just erasing them) as some of those kids may be MC's now.

Medical Breakthrough can target Alexia. On the one hand it's OK, as really, there's no need for more than one marketing employee until very late in the game, on the other, it contradicts her "canon" backstory.

Fapmigo

Feb 21, 2020
What are the steps with Ashley?

I helped her move to her appartment and spanked her at work but I can't find new events

4.70 star(s) 55 Votes