4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

Minoin

Jan 16, 2018
Greetings All,

(Note: I'm using V0.32.2 + Mod + Bugfix)
I've encountered a possible bug with the rename cheat (That's why I am posting here instead of in the game thread; let me know if this is the wrong place?)

When you change the name of a girl (via x-menu), it isn't properly reflected everywhere.
For example, I changed Hannah Hill into Daphne Dekker, and the name Daphne now appears in interactions but not all the menus are updated, for example, the home button still says Hannah:
snap00134.png

And the conversation tag also gives the old name, as this picture (with both names) shows:

snap00133.png

It may be a coincidence, but I noticed that all girls whose name I changed had pregnancy-related issues (belly not showing, e.g.) whereas the ones I didn't change were less likely to have issues.

I hope this helps; thanks for the great Mod!
Minoin!

ps, this may have already been [partly] addressed in this comment by Trollden :
If you head into your bedroom and open the 'Mod Settings' there should be a disabled action named 'Rename Person'. When enabled it allows you to both re-name and re-title the person you're speaking with if they have above 120 Obedience.
It was made quite a long time ago, so I believe it still uses the old menu system.
Note that titles added through this are not persistently available for the character in the regular title menu.

Last edited:

TS2016

May 7, 2017
Not sure if this is part of vanilla game or mod, I noticed on Sex record there is handjobs and on cheat opinion menu you can set if girl like, love, dislike, hate, or no opinion for handjob. Is handjob even in game because I haven't see any option for handjob.

Vadasza

Dec 17, 2018
Not sure if this is part of vanilla game or mod, I noticed on Sex record there is handjobs and on cheat opinion menu you can set if girl like, love, dislike, hate, or no opinion for handjob. Is handjob even in game because I haven't see any option for handjob.
There is but you can't select it, is linked to events. The girl gives you a handjob as thanks for something, or prelude to something. If you don't read(as sometimes I do) you miss it.

TS2016

May 7, 2017
There is but you can't select it, is linked to events. The girl gives you a handjob as thanks for something, or prelude to something. If you don't read(as sometimes I do) you miss it.
Oh ok. Thanks. I was just wondering because girls' sex records for everything were going up depending on what I do with them- expect for handjobs which stayed at 0.

Nonya Bizz

May 12, 2018
I also think it happens if you get a girl to almost orgasm, and then leave them. Usually I had this happen early in the game before I had 200 stamina, and this is in vanilla so possibly different, but I recall getting them to 80 arousal and quitting and they took over and all of their stuff involved trying to get you excited.

I'd experiment again but it's late now and honestly I kinda want to wait for either the mod to update or for another major change in the vanilla game.

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
I know the team is probably well on in their next update but with (v0.32.2) full download I cant make any seriums if I change the research and then research nothing happens and the research stays in the unresearched column
So I cant really progress as Noras serium studies appear in the reasearch chosen but when I research them they stay as if nothing happens If i use them in a design nothing happens a new serium is not made

Andy_W

Oct 31, 2019
I know the team is probably well on in their next update but with (v0.32.2) full download I cant make any seriums if I change the research and then research nothing happens and the research stays in the unresearched column
So I cant really progress as Noras serium studies appear in the reasearch chosen but when I research them they stay as if nothing happens If i use them in a design nothing happens a new serium is not made
Go to your main office
Manage business policies
Serum policies
CHECK Sell Research Capacity -> Must be Disabled

• Red Heart
Reactions: Burt

georgetakei

May 8, 2017
I'm playing the betas, pregnancies still go wrong :/ girls get lost whenever they're supposed to give birth. That was an issue a couple of months ago with the last version i played as well... it's weird for such a game breaking bug to linger for so long. It's a shame, cause now you just really have to be careful not get anyone pregnant, ever, if you want to play normally. I hope they'll get that done right for the next stable release.

Love the mods, anyways. Keep up the good work ^^

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I'm playing the betas, pregnancies still go wrong :/ girls get lost whenever they're supposed to give birth. That was an issue a couple of months ago with the last version i played as well... it's weird for such a game breaking bug to linger for so long. It's a shame, cause now you just really have to be careful not get anyone pregnant, ever, if you want to play normally. I hope they'll get that done right for the next stable release.

Love the mods, anyways. Keep up the good work ^^
The newest bets version of the mod and bug fixes say it was taken care of.
I have several girls now that will soon pop out the babies and see what happens.

Reactions: georgetakei

Edwarf

Jun 8, 2017
Modded 33.3 already out?
Wow, that was fast. (y)

BTW. Any tip about the nightclub chain? You know, the one starting with your cousin asking you for money and all that stuff...
IF it has been removed, please tell. I'm not to keep wondering whats wrong with the game once again.

TIA

Last edited:

PPLayer

May 18, 2018
thank you modders for the update ... god I love this game :)
AND also huge thanks for providing the "all-in-one" download option ... no stress at all ... download -> unpack -> enjoy an awesome modded game :D

Reactions: gfdsf565

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
That is a good question, it does say its needed if you want to use the mod.

It says here you can use it without the mod. https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-v0-33-3-vren.7260/page-261#post-4399801
Yes, I am asking in response to Corrado's statement there. I have seen Tristim say otherwise during a previous build, which is why I'm asking for clarification now in case he's changed his practices.

I would be happy to be wrong now, but Tristim sounded pretty adamant about not supporting a standalone bugfix at the time.

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Yes, I am asking in response to Corrado's statement there. I have seen Tristim say otherwise during a previous build, which is why I'm asking for clarification now in case he's changed his practices.

I would be happy to be wrong now, but Tristim sounded pretty adamant about not supporting a standalone bugfix at the time.
I was adamant about a stand-alone mod, since the base code from VREN has so many issues, it is virtually impossible to deliver a correct working mod without the bugfix.

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes