4.60 star(s) 56 Votes

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
What causes crashes to desktop and how to avoid em? I never finished 32 and decided to jump to 33, but since that jump I have crashed to desktop much more frequently. Normally this is just an annoyance in games, but since there is no autosave feature, I have to hope I manually saved recently.
So that basically the two statements-
1. avoiding/predicting the crashes to desktop and 2. autosave pls.
Good point, crashes are hard to avoid, since it is virtually impossible to test all code, but people here and on Discord help a lot. The auto save feature has been disabled by VREN, but the next version of the mod will have an daily autosave that you can use to go back in time ;)

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
Good point, crashes are hard to avoid, since it is virtually impossible to test all code, but people here and on Discord help a lot. The auto save feature has been disabled by VREN, but the next version of the mod will have an daily autosave that you can use to go back in time ;)
If you will implement it, than I think it'll be better make it like animations with on/off switch + time setting (every day/3 day/week).
Imho, of course.

novastorm76

Jun 20, 2017
Hello,

got an error trying to sleep in my room:

While running game code:
File "game/game_roles/role_pregnant.rpy", line 406, in <module>
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lactation_sources'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 10721, in script call
File "script.rpyc", line 10744, in script call
File "Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpyc", line 292, in script call
File "Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpyc", line 416, in script call
File "game_roles/role_pregnant.rpyc", line 405, in script
File "C:\Users\Tim\Lewd Games\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.33.3-market\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\Tim\Lewd Games\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.33.3-market\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/game_roles/role_pregnant.rpy", line 406, in <module>
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lactation_sources'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.33.3
Thu Oct 22 20:24:52 2020

Reactions: Tristim

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
Just wanted to say that this game and this mod team are imho the hardest working people in this industry and I support them with my words and cash. I often feel regret when sponsoring games on patreon. The more money they get the slower they work. This project should be the benchmark of what we should expect. I am already a patreon of VREN, I have been trying to donate to this mod and have not been able to figure out how. Can someone please let me know
One of the reasons I enjoy writing erotic stuff in general is that I can just write things I enjoy and then put it out for other people to enjoy also. When money gets involved, you started feeling beholden to the people paying and it takes a lot of the joy out of it. I appreciate the thoughts and am glad to read you are enjoying it but if you want to donate consider another worthy cause. :)

Nonya Bizz

May 12, 2018
I haven't been having issues with the mod yet (aside from people hating sex positions enough to just make them impossible to happen), but I actually played version 33.3 and started this mod just to see what all the fuss was about and I just gotta say, not to make light of Vren here, but the mod really does make this game so much better. It loads so much nicer, the new positions are good, the new characters are interesting and even with my long hours put in recently I still haven't messed with all the new additions yet (the hair place and arguably the strip club I think I only scratched the surface?*), and while I don't necessarily care for all the new traits/policies I can't deny that they do add more to the game and don't make it worse by any means.

That said, I do have one question that I hinted at: mom hates kissing and sister hates missionary, what can be done to make them not hate those? I see that there's traits that will upgrade their appreciation for vaginal, oral, foreplay, and anal(?), but if I gave the mom a foreplay serum over and over would she eventually love kissing or what should be done there? Also in general I don't think I'd recommend using the breeding fetish trait in your work place, every time I end a day at work now I have an employee asking to be impregnated (which sounds kinky sure but sometimes you just wanna go home in the evening and watch some Netflix).

*also I'm just putting it here: named my character "Peter" so the whole strip club chain was unintentionally funny as the cousin said "Man fuck Peter, the old owner of the strip club, who took all of our money and was a bad boss. Thank you Peter, my cousin I hate textually who is blackmailing me, for being the new owner of the strip club".

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I haven't been having issues with the mod yet (aside from people hating sex positions enough to just make them impossible to happen), but I actually played version 33.3 and started this mod just to see what all the fuss was about and I just gotta say, not to make light of Vren here, but the mod really does make this game so much better. It loads so much nicer, the new positions are good, the new characters are interesting and even with my long hours put in recently I still haven't messed with all the new additions yet (the hair place and arguably the strip club I think I only scratched the surface?*), and while I don't necessarily care for all the new traits/policies I can't deny that they do add more to the game and don't make it worse by any means.

That said, I do have one question that I hinted at: mom hates kissing and sister hates missionary, what can be done to make them not hate those? I see that there's traits that will upgrade their appreciation for vaginal, oral, foreplay, and anal(?), but if I gave the mom a foreplay serum over and over would she eventually love kissing or what should be done there? Also in general I don't think I'd recommend using the breeding fetish trait in your work place, every time I end a day at work now I have an employee asking to be impregnated (which sounds kinky sure but sometimes you just wanna go home in the evening and watch some Netflix).

*also I'm just putting it here: named my character "Peter" so the whole strip club chain was unintentionally funny as the cousin said "Man fuck Peter, the old owner of the strip club, who took all of our money and was a bad boss. Thank you Peter, my cousin I hate textually who is blackmailing me, for being the new owner of the strip club".
Right next to the cheat button at the bottom is the "opinion" button and you can change the way they think about that.
Lab_Rats_2_Mod 2020-10-22 21-49-33-29.jpg

padd2212

Aug 27, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 10744, in script call
call advance_time from _call_advance_time_15
File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 292, in script call
$ advance_time_action_list[count].call_action()
File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 335, in script call
$ crisis.call_action()
File "game/Mods/Crisis/Enhanced/mom_outfit_help_enhanced.rpy", line 360, in script call
call fuck_person(the_person, start_position = SB_doggy_standing, skip_intro = True, position_locked = True) from _call_fuck_person_mom_outfit_help_crisis_03
File "game/Mods/Core/bugfix_sexmechanic_mod.rpy", line 516, in script call
$ the_person.call_dialogue("sex_beg_finish")
File "game/Mods/Core/ast_label_hook.rpy", line 23, in execute
ret = self.hook_func(self)
File "game/Mods/Personality/sex_beg_finish_override.rpy", line 24, in enhanced_sex_beg_finish
remove_clothing_based_on_preference(the_person)
File "game/Mods/Personality/sex_beg_finish_override.rpy", line 21, in remove_clothing_based_on_preference
return person.strip_outfit_to_max_sluttiness(temp_sluttiness_boost = 20)
File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Person_Extensions/person_class_extensions.rpy", line 531, in strip_outfit_to_max_sluttiness
self.draw_animated_removal(strip_choice, display_transform = display_transform, position = position, emotion = emotion, lighting = lighting, scene_manager = scene_manager, wipe_scene = wipe_scene) #Draw the strip choice being removed from our current outfit
File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Person_Extensions/person_class_extensions.rpy", line 1141, in draw_animated_removal_enhanced
current_draw_number += 1
NameError: global name 'current_draw_number' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 10744, in script call
call advance_time from _call_advance_time_15
File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 292, in script call
$ advance_time_action_list[count].call_action()
File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 335, in script call
$ crisis.call_action()
File "game/Mods/Crisis/Enhanced/mom_outfit_help_enhanced.rpy", line 360, in script call
call fuck_person(the_person, start_position = SB_doggy_standing, skip_intro = True, position_locked = True) from _call_fuck_person_mom_outfit_help_crisis_03
File "game/Mods/Core/bugfix_sexmechanic_mod.rpy", line 516, in script call
$ the_person.call_dialogue("sex_beg_finish")
File "AWSWMod", line 1, in script
File "game/Mods/Core/ast_label_hook.rpy", line 23, in execute
ret = self.hook_func(self)
File "game/Mods/Personality/sex_beg_finish_override.rpy", line 24, in enhanced_sex_beg_finish
remove_clothing_based_on_preference(the_person)
File "game/Mods/Personality/sex_beg_finish_override.rpy", line 21, in remove_clothing_based_on_preference
return person.strip_outfit_to_max_sluttiness(temp_sluttiness_boost = 20)
File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Person_Extensions/person_class_extensions.rpy", line 531, in strip_outfit_to_max_sluttiness
self.draw_animated_removal(strip_choice, display_transform = display_transform, position = position, emotion = emotion, lighting = lighting, scene_manager = scene_manager, wipe_scene = wipe_scene) #Draw the strip choice being removed from our current outfit
File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Person_Extensions/person_class_extensions.rpy", line 1141, in draw_animated_removal_enhanced
current_draw_number += 1
NameError: global name 'current_draw_number' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.33.3
Fri Oct 23 10:36:39 2020

novastorm76

Jun 20, 2017
Hello (again),

got an error while trying to assign a new employee (sp?) from a 10 candidate list to supply. Not sure if she was already pregnant or not.
Did a rollback, got new candidates, could hire someone without error.

Started the game in mod version 0.33.3 and switched to 0.33.4 today

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ricewine

Jul 16, 2020
Is there any walkthrough for events not gameplay like serums and business management, just a walkthrough for all the events in the mod and the requirements to trigger them
I haven't found any. (Though admittedly, I only did ddg.gg searches and not reading the entire comment history of both this and the base game) What I did figure out though is most of the code is well commented by the team. So I could dig through the repository and get answers to many of the questions I was seeking. . Don't be intimidated by needing to know coding, most of the info that I needed was written in the plain English comments at the start of the different sections.

The auto save feature has been disabled by VREN, but the next version of the mod will have an daily autosave that you can use to go back in time ;)
This is great news.

Reactions: Zel zaraki

ricewine

Jul 16, 2020
As a side note the ctds are way less frequent now(after a fresh install and moving to the bottom directory), but that kinda means I get complacent and forget to save semi-regularly.

This means I have 2 in game suggestions now. (Take this with the utmost respect, I would not bother if the game was not good enough to merit the effort)

• With the mod+basegame, there are a lot of serums. The UI is stable(amazing with all that is there), and I have never crashed there; so I may be asking for more headache, but once into late game the list could use organization. I suppose if you play it enough you know what you are looking for and can find it, but being relatively new slow scrolling and hoping you don't skip what you are looking for is the only way.
  • Crisis warnings are inconsistent. Sometimes they explicitly say, wait for this to happen to progress or go here at this time to progress. Other times the warning is vague, early, and confusing. If there is nothing I can do about an action don't tell me. If there is something to be done but not this turn tell me that. If you want it to be a surprise, but you also want the player to plan for it (craft/save credits) use a wording that signifies that.
    • This is annoying because there have been multiple time where having been notified of something I spend a lot of time trying to figure out what I need to do. All I needed to do was run a few cycles. This is the main reason I go into the code as described in the previous comment. I think I am missing something.

Ubik

Old man in a young body
Donor
Sep 8, 2016
I'm having a weird issue. Apart from core employees like Stephanie(R&D), Alexia(Marketing), Sarah(HR), and Ashley(Production), every other assigned employees stop showing for work after 1 week of assigning, even though they are still on the payroll and in the staff list.

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
Playing with the 10/21 dev branch download I got a weird situation where Cara gave my character keys to the apartment, but the apartment location itself did not appear. Admittedly, I cheated left and right when it comes to increasing stats and changing opinions (though in Cara's case only after clearing each "progression stage"), but considering the previous base version ran fine in that regard thought it worth mentioning just in case something changed in the meantime.

Ashley's progression also seems to locked up after getting caught by Steph blowing the MC in his office, but perhaps nothing more is implemented yet in that regard.

Also, for some reason couldn't trigger hiring of employees' kids, despite having two of them with kids at 38 and 42 years respectively, keeping a custom filing open with Sarah for several weeks, and the kids having made no appearance in the game so far as far as I can tell. Is this an option that only triggers after getting all "custom search upgrades" from Sarah or something?

Wouldn't mind seeing fisting action getting added now that F/F scenes and threesomes are in, either.

Off to download the more recent dev version and start over since it seems a major lockup was fixed in between. Fortunately, haven't even made to the Strip Club phase on this playthrough since I prefer to feed Gab boob-enhancement serums instead of going the flesh-butcher path even if it's all imaginary, and it takes a while to research to that point, considering I also like to clear all research lists before progressing research tier, heh. Don't want to continue this one with Cara's apartment locked out, anyhow.

Anyway, want to reiterate my appreciation of the work the moding team does. It certainly elevates Vren's base game to new heights - can't really imagine playing without the extra characters, even if I wish their "opinions" (in particular sex ones) were consistent with their supposed personalities.

novastorm76

Jun 20, 2017
Hello,

caught another bug:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This one happened after 3 employees drew straws to determine who would meet the delivery guy, with enough sluttiness (and approbiate clothing or lack thereof) of all girls you can then surprise the one who fetched the pizza with surprise standing doggy sex. The error occured before finishing in her.

Also:
Thanks to the modders for this mod. Greatly appreciated. :love:

Wessex

Oct 16, 2017
I'm having a weird issue. Apart from core employees like Stephanie(R&D), Alexia(Marketing), Sarah(HR), and Ashley(Production), every other assigned employees stop showing for work after 1 week of assigning, even though they are still on the payroll and in the staff list.
I have the same problem.

Andy_W

Oct 31, 2019
Ubik / Wessex try downloading the latest beta and load the save game with the missing employees, I've added some code that restores employees to their schedules on the loading of the game.
my missing girls are back at work!
thx!

EDIT: its only temporarly, they going away again soon after. a save/reload and they are back...for a while...

now...please do this pregnancy-check-problem! not game-breaking, just annoying and i cant see the end-of-day-results...
( File "game/game_roles/role_pregnant.rpy", line 16, in pregnant_transform_requirement
if day >= person.event_triggers_dict.get("preg_transform_day", 0):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get' ), reported at discord

Last edited:

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
my missing girls are back at work!
thx!

EDIT: its only temporarly, they going away again soon after. a save/reload and they are back...for a while...

now...please do this pregnancy-check-problem! not game-breaking, just annoying and i cant see the end-of-day-results...
( File "game/game_roles/role_pregnant.rpy", line 16, in pregnant_transform_requirement
if day >= person.event_triggers_dict.get("preg_transform_day", 0):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'get' ), reported at discord
I'm guessing there is a problem with some objects in your game, that are causing the issues. Since this is virtually impossible to fix, I suggest starting a new game...(and make sure you download the latest beta, I've added some extra safeguards, but I don't know if they will suffice).

Andy_W

Oct 31, 2019
I'm guessing there is a problem with some objects in your game, that are causing the issues. Since this is virtually impossible to fix, I suggest starting a new game...(and make sure you download the latest beta, I've added some extra safeguards, but I don't know if they will suffice).
well done, first week without trouble.
(newest ophelia-changes not yet installed!)

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
Playing with the 10/21 dev branch download I got a weird situation where Cara gave my character keys to the apartment, but the apartment location itself did not appear. Admittedly, I cheated left and right when it comes to increasing stats and changing opinions (though in Cara's case only after clearing each "progression stage"), but considering the previous base version ran fine in that regard thought it worth mentioning just in case something changed in the meantime.

Ashley's progression also seems to locked up after getting caught by Steph blowing the MC in his office, but perhaps nothing more is implemented yet in that regard.

Also, for some reason couldn't trigger hiring of employees' kids, despite having two of them with kids at 38 and 42 years respectively, keeping a custom filing open with Sarah for several weeks, and the kids having made no appearance in the game so far as far as I can tell. Is this an option that only triggers after getting all "custom search upgrades" from Sarah or something?

Wouldn't mind seeing fisting action getting added now that F/F scenes and threesomes are in, either.

Off to download the more recent dev version and start over since it seems a major lockup was fixed in between. Fortunately, haven't even made to the Strip Club phase on this playthrough since I prefer to feed Gab boob-enhancement serums instead of going the flesh-butcher path even if it's all imaginary, and it takes a while to research to that point, considering I also like to clear all research lists before progressing research tier, heh. Don't want to continue this one with Cara's apartment locked out, anyhow.

Anyway, want to reiterate my appreciation of the work the moding team does. It certainly elevates Vren's base game to new heights - can't really imagine playing without the extra characters, even if I wish their "opinions" (in particular sex ones) were consistent with their supposed personalities.

Ashley's current content ends where you said. I have more written, but it's taking me forever to get the coding side of it linked up. I'm hoping to have big new content chunks for her, Starbuck, Erica, Sarah, and Ophelia done soon. I have most of the writing done, but I keep underestimating how long the coding takes T_T

The employee kids thing is random. Having the policy in place makes the RNG much higher, but it is still a bit random when moms will approach you asking for a job for their daughters.

For Starbuck's apartment, that has actually come up on the discord, so I need to check and see what is going on there. I would try taking her on a dinner date? That seems to be a sure fire way to get it.

4.60 star(s) 56 Votes