The Grifter

May 28, 2017
V0.32.1 is public now on Vren's Patreon.

Changelog - see post above this one.

As always, the at this time is most likely not compatible for use with this version, so have a little patience until you try and use it.

Nonya Bizz

May 12, 2018
I don't know why but I literally can't see any posts on their Patreon as a visitor, are other people having that issue as well?

*edit: I use Firefox, does seem to work in Edge, yay browser differences

Last edited:

dragoon93041

Jul 22, 2017
Every time I start the game and get to the part where the sister comes into the room after you get the mom to help pay for the lab, the game freezes up and I have to close it.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
There where obviously a few major kinks left after the Patreon's test and Vren posted a further bugfix
There were a few bugs in v0.23.1 that felt a little too major to leave until the next release, so I have fixed them up and have uploaded v0.23.2 to fix them. All of the existing links now point towards this new version; if you download this version of the game there is nothing extra you need to do.
For players who have already downloaded v0.32.1 I have also put together a patch file. Download the patch file below and and extract it into the game folder, overwriting existing files with the same name. This patch should be save game compatible.
Patch:

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
Is the developer ever going to bother fixing the issue with the girls stats, skills and general opinions don't make any sense what so ever. I just redid my review of it and dropped it down a star at this point. Seriously, the way he uses random in this game is pure shit. What I am talking about is that a girl will have a 5 or such value in a skill but stats are 1 or have high stats and no skills or they have exactly the right skill you need but hate the skill.
God forbid you want the person to be relatively decent looking and have the right skills.
Under the base game without me modding it. looking at 10 candidates at a time. To be clear I am not trying to get a 5 in the two stats and the skill or anything like that that talking just 3 and up and them not hate or dislike the job not bothering with looks. It still took looking at more than 100 girls. Part of that is because the stupid system keeps throwing in these pregenerated rejects this developer created. To find one that was attractive and not ugly as sin and had skills I wanted we are talking in the 500 range I honestly lost count.

The current way the game is it should be re-titled the game with ugly women. 33% chance of fat 33% chance she is thick(average). Neither of the models are that healthy looking. Meaning that alone gives a 66% chance your female is going to be not that attractive. And that brings up another issue. Charisma and appearance aren't very well connected in the game.
Granted Charisma isn't all about physical appearnace but I have found out it does effect people in life and their appearance generally has an effect on their personality.

Reactions: alex2011

H8thyself

Mar 3, 2018
has anyone else experienced girls being pregnant but their models not changing at all or getting events for it

Raren

Jan 12, 2018
Is the developer ever going to bother fixing the issue with the girls stats, skills and general opinions don't make any sense what so ever. I just redid my review of it and dropped it down a star at this point. Seriously, the way he uses random in this game is pure shit. What I am talking about is that a girl will have a 5 or such value in a skill but stats are 1 or have high stats and no skills or they have exactly the right skill you need but hate the skill.
God forbid you want the person to be relatively decent looking and have the right skills.
Under the base game without me modding it. looking at 10 candidates at a time. To be clear I am not trying to get a 5 in the two stats and the skill or anything like that that talking just 3 and up and them not hate or dislike the job not bothering with looks. It still took looking at more than 100 girls. Part of that is because the stupid system keeps throwing in these pregenerated rejects this developer created. To find one that was attractive and not ugly as sin and had skills I wanted we are talking in the 500 range I honestly lost count.

The current way the game is it should be re-titled the game with ugly women. 33% chance of fat 33% chance she is thick(average). Neither of the models are that healthy looking. Meaning that alone gives a 66% chance your female is going to be not that attractive. And that brings up another issue. Charisma and appearance aren't very well connected in the game.
Granted Charisma isn't all about physical appearnace but I have found out it does effect people in life and their appearance generally has an effect on their personality.
Did you ever try the "Mod", the collective package of mods for LR2? I know a mod fixing the issues you stated doesn't invalidate them but still, there is that. With mod the game gets the much needed extra love it deserves.

dragoon93041

Jul 22, 2017
Do any of you guys have a problem where the moment after a character shows up, the box that shows them resizes for some reason?

sdibolcrif

Jun 24, 2017
Anyone know how long it might be before content for making a relative your girlfriend is added?

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
Did you ever try the "Mod", the collective package of mods for LR2? I know a mod fixing the issues you stated doesn't invalidate them but still, there is that. With mod the game gets the much needed extra love it deserves.
I downloaded the mods looked through the code and it doesn't fix the issues I am wanting fixed.
They do add some nice features and so on but it doesn't fix the issue of bad use of random.

I actually spent a little time and improved it on my own. This was on version 31.1. Here are a few of the fixes not all.
But this shit can be fixed far better with a little work if the developer just bothered to think about it. Clearly it isn't that hard to do.
script.rpy file at line 1735
I created exceptions for opinions of HR work, research work ... and so on to modify the low value in the opinion the hire their skill in the field the less chance of getting a low value

Code:
                lowl = -2
                if the_opinion_key == "HR work":
                    lowl = skill_list[0]/2
                if the_opinion_key == "marketing work":
                    lowl = skill_list[1]/2
                if the_opinion_key == "research work":
                    lowl = skill_list[2]/2
                if the_opinion_key == "production work":
                    lowl = skill_list[3]/2
                if the_opinion_key == "supply work":
                    lowl = skill_list[4]/2
                if the_opinion_key == "working":
                    lowl = 0
                if the_opinion_key == "work uniforms":
                    lowl = 0
                degree = renpy.random.randint(lowl,2)
same file line 3510 I flipped the random skill and stat and then made skills dependent on stats.
Code:
        if stat_array is None:
            stat_array = [renpy.random.randint(1,stat_cap),renpy.random.randint(1,stat_cap),renpy.random.randint(1,stat_cap)]

if skill_array is None:
            skill_array = [renpy.random.randint(1,stat_array[0]),renpy.random.randint(1,stat_array[0]),renpy.random.randint(1,stat_array[1]),renpy.random.randint(1,stat_array[2]),renpy.random.randint(1,stat_array[2])]
random_lists.rpy line 433 I modified the body list into a weighted body selection
Code:
        list_of_body_types = []
        list_of_body_types.append(["thin_body",75])
        list_of_body_types.append(["standard_body",20])
        list_of_body_types.append(["curvy_body",5])

def get_random_body_type():
            return get_random_from_weighted_list(list_of_body_types)

However, if it was done correctly the hiring process would be more like real life you get in a selection of people who know what the job is they are applying for and have skills related to it at various levels and the rest of the stuff would be more randomized.

Oh and his personality crap he's created such as introverts liking research and out going people not is utter horse shit.
Any researcher that can't socialize well has hell getting funding thus wouldn't last long or would end up in shit jobs unless they have someone watching out for them. That doesn't happen a hell of a lot.

I haven't messed with that part yet but clearly I need to because even with the changes I make I keep getting characters that hate the only fucking job they are good at. The chances of finding someone who is even moderately good at research sucks ass. The reason being is those stupid personality traits are used to override the generated values at some point.
Not sure yet how I am going to deal with them. some of the stuff is good with it such as the opinion changes regarding sex and changes in dialog but the fact he has it over write the other stuff is just stupid.

One of the issues with modding his code is that stuff I showed above is different from the way first time I modified it because he changed his code and the way he is doing it. Honestly, the code change is an improvement in that it is more efficient than before but he still could very well easily connected them together as you see and it only to minimal changes. It makes sense to do that. A person with an IQ of 70 is never going to be a neural surgeon no matter how long they study. Not unless someone chances brain and manages to raise their IQ up. A person who can't run will never run hurdles or pole vault. A person's capabilities generally dictate the jobs they have available to them. In general the people like doing stuff they are better at doing not always but in most cases. There are people who like a challenge more than they care about being good or great at something.

The code above has a number of good results from it. You end up paying less generally for a person who can do a job. Also you can find some one who can fill the job much much faster. They might not be the perfect person but at least they aren't going to quit the same week.

I went through and tested it by modifying the hiring screen to show the hidden values and indicate they are hidden. This way i could see the types of characters generated. This is only a cheap partial fix but still a massive improvement over the base game.

Update:
I went ahead and simply removed the work related opinions from the general and special personalities. That's pretty much has it fixed for the skill and stats and stuff making sense. There is a chance the person will end up liking or loving something aren't that good at but that's an easy fix but doesn't cause any negative issues if it isn't reduced. If I wanted to fix it I would modify the upper bound by setting it to 2*skill/skillcap.

Update 2:
Ok, I think this will be the last basic improvement. Turns out he created a bunch of default characters to repay patrion donators. Frankly, if I was them I would be pretty insulted. Here is why not a single one of them is usable. He typed in random stat and skill values that don't align and their assigned personalities and likes and dislikes that are predetermined contradict the skills.
So the only purpose they serve is to clog up the hiring process and make it worse. There is a 1 in 5 chance a premade character will be selected each time a new character is being picked. You could technically end up with more than 2 in a group of 10 candidates and more than one of them of the same type.
Worse yet they don't go the fuck away from what I can tell so you can have the opportunity to hire their clone later on.

The solution to this issue was simple go under the make_person() function and Hash out (#) the split line and the if statement leading to get_premade_characer(). You have to leave return_character = None alone though. You'll find this in the script.rpy file around line 3378

Lastly made a change to script.rpy line 3478 added in a loop to ensure useless characters with very low stats were not created. It so any with stats that add up to less than 6 are re-rolled and those with 2 ones are also re-rolled.

Yes, it's a bit more work than I want to do on something that isn't my own project. But this should be an easy one time fix for the developer. He knows his own code hopefully better than I do.

I included the modified files for 32.2 if anyone wants to try them out. fore warning I also modified the hire screen so I could see the opinions the hidden ones have the word hidden beside them. You can fix that back the change is around line 7581 in script.rpy
just unzip it into the game directory let it replace the files.
I'd suggest making a separate copy of the game so if you don't like the changes you can go back to what you had.

Last edited:

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
I downloaded the mods looked through the code and it doesn't fix the issues I am wanting fixed.
They do add some nice features and so on but it doesn't fix the issue of bad use of random.

I actually spent a little time and improved it on my own. This was on version 31.1. Here are a few of the fixes not all.
But this shit can be fixed far better with a little work if the developer just bothered to think about it. Clearly it isn't that hard to do.
script.rpy file at line 1735
I created exceptions for opinions of HR work, research work ... and so on to modify the low value in the opinion the hire their skill in the field the less chance of getting a low value

Code:
                lowl = -2
                if the_opinion_key == "HR work":
                    lowl = skill_list[0]/2
                if the_opinion_key == "marketing work":
                    lowl = skill_list[1]/2
                if the_opinion_key == "research work":
                    lowl = skill_list[2]/2
                if the_opinion_key == "production work":
                    lowl = skill_list[3]/2
                if the_opinion_key == "supply work":
                    lowl = skill_list[4]/2
                if the_opinion_key == "working":
                    lowl = 0
                if the_opinion_key == "work uniforms":
                    lowl = 0
                degree = renpy.random.randint(lowl,2)
same file line 3510 I flipped the random skill and stat and then made skills dependent on stats.
Code:
        if stat_array is None:
            stat_array = [renpy.random.randint(1,stat_cap),renpy.random.randint(1,stat_cap),renpy.random.randint(1,stat_cap)]

if skill_array is None:
            skill_array = [renpy.random.randint(1,stat_array[0]),renpy.random.randint(1,stat_array[0]),renpy.random.randint(1,stat_array[1]),renpy.random.randint(1,stat_array[2]),renpy.random.randint(1,stat_array[2])]
random_lists.rpy line 433 I modified the body list into a weighted body selection
Code:
        list_of_body_types = []
        list_of_body_types.append(["thin_body",75])
        list_of_body_types.append(["standard_body",20])
        list_of_body_types.append(["curvy_body",5])

def get_random_body_type():
            return get_random_from_weighted_list(list_of_body_types)

However, if it was done correctly the hiring process would be more like real life you get in a selection of people who know what the job is they are applying for and have skills related to it at various levels and the rest of the stuff would be more randomized.

Oh and his personality crap he's created such as introverts liking research and out going people not is utter horse shit.
Any researcher that can't socialize well has hell getting funding thus wouldn't last long or would end up in shit jobs unless they have someone watching out for them. That doesn't happen a hell of a lot.

I haven't messed with that part yet but clearly I need to because even with the changes I make I keep getting characters that hate the only fucking job they are good at. The chances of finding someone who is even moderately good at research sucks ass. The reason being is those stupid personality traits are used to override the generated values at some point.
Not sure yet how I am going to deal with them. some of the stuff is good with it such as the opinion changes regarding sex and changes in dialog but the fact he has it over write the other stuff is just stupid.

One of the issues with modding his code is that stuff I showed above is different from the way first time I modified it because he changed his code and the way he is doing it. Honestly, the code change is an improvement in that it is more efficient than before but he still could very well easily connected them together as you see and it only to minimal changes. It makes sense to do that. A person with an IQ of 70 is never going to be a neural surgeon no matter how long they study. Not unless someone chances brain and manages to raise their IQ up. A person who can't run will never run hurdles or pole vault. A person's capabilities generally dictate the jobs they have available to them. In general the people like doing stuff they are better at doing not always but in most cases. There are people who like a challenge more than they care about being good or great at something.

The code above has a number of good results from it. You end up paying less generally for a person who can do a job. Also you can find some one who can fill the job much much faster. They might not be the perfect person but at least they aren't going to quit the same week.

I went through and tested it by modifying the hiring screen to show the hidden values and indicate they are hidden. This way i could see the types of characters generated. This is only a cheap partial fix but still a massive improvement over the base game.

Update:
I went ahead and simply removed the work related opinions from the general and special personalities. That's pretty much has it fixed for the skill and stats and stuff making sense. There is a chance the person will end up liking or loving something aren't that good at but that's an easy fix but doesn't cause any negative issues if it isn't reduced. If I wanted to fix it I would modify the upper bound by setting it to 2*skill/skillcap.

Update 2:
Ok, I think this will be the last basic improvement. Turns out he created a bunch of default characters to repay patrion donators. Frankly, if I was them I would be pretty insulted. Here is why not a single one of them is usable. He typed in random stat and skill values that don't align and their assigned personalities and likes and dislikes that are predetermined contradict the skills.
So the only purpose they serve is to clog up the hiring process and make it worse. There is a 1 in 5 chance a premade character will be selected each time a new character is being picked. You could technically end up with more than 2 in a group of 10 candidates and more than one of them of the same type.
Worse yet they don't go the fuck away from what I can tell so you can have the opportunity to hire their clone later on.

The solution to this issue was simple go under the make_person() function and Hash out (#) the split line and the if statement leading to get_premade_characer(). You have to leave return_character = None alone though. You'll find this in the script.rpy file around line 3378

Lastly made a change to script.rpy line 3478 added in a loop to ensure useless characters with very low stats were not created. It so any with stats that add up to less than 6 are re-rolled and those with 2 ones are also re-rolled.

Yes, it's a bit more work than I want to do on something that isn't my own project. But this should be an easy one time fix for the developer. He knows his own code hopefully better than I do.

I included the modified files for 32.2 if anyone wants to try them out. fore warning I also modified the hire screen so I could see the opinions the hidden ones have the word hidden beside them. You can fix that back the change is around line 7581 in script.rpy
just unzip it into the game directory let it replace the files.
I'd suggest making a separate copy of the game so if you don't like the changes you can go back to what you had.
Aside from the actual changes you are offering: Why not contact the Dev directly? Any Dev i know is open to actual legit suggestions and improvements to their code. None of us is free from getting a tunnel view at times and usage of random has already been a problem in the first version - it is not something new introduced in LR2 actually.

Reactions: Diconica

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
Aside from the actual changes you are offering: Why not contact the Dev directly? Any Dev i know is open to actual legit suggestions and improvements to their code. None of us is free from getting a tunnel view at times and usage of random has already been a problem in the first version - it is not something new introduced in LR2 actually.
Right now I am dealing with an issue with my account on patreon. I didn't see any other contact means so not really a way for me to contact him. If someone else wants to point him to this or even offer him the files great I don't even care about credit. It would be nice but not a real concern. Having a more enjoyable game to play would be nice though.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Right now I am dealing with an issue with my account on patreon. I didn't see any other contact means so not really a way for me to contact him. If someone else wants to point him to this or even offer him the files great I don't even care about credit. It would be nice but not a real concern. Having a more enjoyable game to play would be nice though.
Try his Thread here... he actually started it and the last time I checked he was still frequenting it
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Eschation

Apr 13, 2020
Being able to request a girl with extremely specialized stats and then have complete control over how that girl looks doesn't fix the issue of random?
And that's without mentioning the cheat menu, which you can use to do all of that from the beginning.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes