Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
Being able to request a girl with extremely specialized stats and then have complete control over how that girl looks doesn't fix the issue of random?
And that's without mentioning the cheat menu, which you can use to do all of that from the beginning.
I could have written a similar script myself if that was what I wanted or simply edited the save files.
I just want the game to produce characters on its own with in reason and not have to reload a save 30 to 50 times to get a usable character. I want there to still be a game there.

So to answer your question no it doesn't fix the issue. It takes the fun or challenge out of the game. Well maybe not if the only thing you are interested in is beating off.

Joe9ty

Jun 18, 2020
I downloaded the mods looked through the code and it doesn't fix the issues I am wanting fixed.
They do add some nice features and so on but it doesn't fix the issue of bad use of random.

I actually spent a little time and improved it on my own. This was on version 31.1. Here are a few of the fixes not all.
But this shit can be fixed far better with a little work if the developer just bothered to think about it. Clearly it isn't that hard to do.
script.rpy file at line 1735
I created exceptions for opinions of HR work, research work ... and so on to modify the low value in the opinion the hire their skill in the field the less chance of getting a low value

Code:
                lowl = -2
                if the_opinion_key == "HR work":
                    lowl = skill_list[0]/2
                if the_opinion_key == "marketing work":
                    lowl = skill_list[1]/2
                if the_opinion_key == "research work":
                    lowl = skill_list[2]/2
                if the_opinion_key == "production work":
                    lowl = skill_list[3]/2
                if the_opinion_key == "supply work":
                    lowl = skill_list[4]/2
                if the_opinion_key == "working":
                    lowl = 0
                if the_opinion_key == "work uniforms":
                    lowl = 0
                degree = renpy.random.randint(lowl,2)
same file line 3510 I flipped the random skill and stat and then made skills dependent on stats.
Code:
        if stat_array is None:
            stat_array = [renpy.random.randint(1,stat_cap),renpy.random.randint(1,stat_cap),renpy.random.randint(1,stat_cap)]

if skill_array is None:
            skill_array = [renpy.random.randint(1,stat_array[0]),renpy.random.randint(1,stat_array[0]),renpy.random.randint(1,stat_array[1]),renpy.random.randint(1,stat_array[2]),renpy.random.randint(1,stat_array[2])]
random_lists.rpy line 433 I modified the body list into a weighted body selection
Code:
        list_of_body_types = []
        list_of_body_types.append(["thin_body",75])
        list_of_body_types.append(["standard_body",20])
        list_of_body_types.append(["curvy_body",5])

def get_random_body_type():
            return get_random_from_weighted_list(list_of_body_types)

However, if it was done correctly the hiring process would be more like real life you get in a selection of people who know what the job is they are applying for and have skills related to it at various levels and the rest of the stuff would be more randomized.

Oh and his personality crap he's created such as introverts liking research and out going people not is utter horse shit.
Any researcher that can't socialize well has hell getting funding thus wouldn't last long or would end up in shit jobs unless they have someone watching out for them. That doesn't happen a hell of a lot.

I haven't messed with that part yet but clearly I need to because even with the changes I make I keep getting characters that hate the only fucking job they are good at. The chances of finding someone who is even moderately good at research sucks ass. The reason being is those stupid personality traits are used to override the generated values at some point.
Not sure yet how I am going to deal with them. some of the stuff is good with it such as the opinion changes regarding sex and changes in dialog but the fact he has it over write the other stuff is just stupid.

One of the issues with modding his code is that stuff I showed above is different from the way first time I modified it because he changed his code and the way he is doing it. Honestly, the code change is an improvement in that it is more efficient than before but he still could very well easily connected them together as you see and it only to minimal changes. It makes sense to do that. A person with an IQ of 70 is never going to be a neural surgeon no matter how long they study. Not unless someone chances brain and manages to raise their IQ up. A person who can't run will never run hurdles or pole vault. A person's capabilities generally dictate the jobs they have available to them. In general the people like doing stuff they are better at doing not always but in most cases. There are people who like a challenge more than they care about being good or great at something.

The code above has a number of good results from it. You end up paying less generally for a person who can do a job. Also you can find some one who can fill the job much much faster. They might not be the perfect person but at least they aren't going to quit the same week.

I went through and tested it by modifying the hiring screen to show the hidden values and indicate they are hidden. This way i could see the types of characters generated. This is only a cheap partial fix but still a massive improvement over the base game.

Update:
I went ahead and simply removed the work related opinions from the general and special personalities. That's pretty much has it fixed for the skill and stats and stuff making sense. There is a chance the person will end up liking or loving something aren't that good at but that's an easy fix but doesn't cause any negative issues if it isn't reduced. If I wanted to fix it I would modify the upper bound by setting it to 2*skill/skillcap.

Update 2:
Ok, I think this will be the last basic improvement. Turns out he created a bunch of default characters to repay patrion donators. Frankly, if I was them I would be pretty insulted. Here is why not a single one of them is usable. He typed in random stat and skill values that don't align and their assigned personalities and likes and dislikes that are predetermined contradict the skills.
So the only purpose they serve is to clog up the hiring process and make it worse. There is a 1 in 5 chance a premade character will be selected each time a new character is being picked. You could technically end up with more than 2 in a group of 10 candidates and more than one of them of the same type.
Worse yet they don't go the fuck away from what I can tell so you can have the opportunity to hire their clone later on.

The solution to this issue was simple go under the make_person() function and Hash out (#) the split line and the if statement leading to get_premade_characer(). You have to leave return_character = None alone though. You'll find this in the script.rpy file around line 3378

Lastly made a change to script.rpy line 3478 added in a loop to ensure useless characters with very low stats were not created. It so any with stats that add up to less than 6 are re-rolled and those with 2 ones are also re-rolled.

Yes, it's a bit more work than I want to do on something that isn't my own project. But this should be an easy one time fix for the developer. He knows his own code hopefully better than I do.

I included the modified files for 32.2 if anyone wants to try them out. fore warning I also modified the hire screen so I could see the opinions the hidden ones have the word hidden beside them. You can fix that back the change is around line 7581 in script.rpy
just unzip it into the game directory let it replace the files.
I'd suggest making a separate copy of the game so if you don't like the changes you can go back to what you had.
I'm going to be honest, I felt exactly the same about the recruitment system and was frustrated by the lack of 'talent' and the seemingly incongruous stats v likes/dislikes situation. On the face of it I wanted 10 models to turn up for interview with decent skills but then where is the realism and where is the achievement in building a team of stunning women who just fall onto your lap?

I spend hours going through profiles and excluding many simply on looks and others because they just weren't a good fit. My bar started quite low however and I got my staffing levels up to 35 or 36 taking the best of a bad lot in many cases, before firing them a few weeks later once I had found suitable upgrades. I gradually refined and molded my team into a bunch of absolute stunners.

I'm currently on a diversity quest, getting rid of lesser girls who have someone similar in terms of looks but ultimately sexier than they are. I have also had some fun making their boobs bigger, all of my girls have D cups or larger, the variations largely due to the default pose each girl takes as I find some poses suit a D cup whereas others a DD, DDD or even E cup.

In terms of the ability v likes/dislikes 'anomaly' I know in my working life I have encountered a number of people who hate their job but also happen to be very good at it and vice versa, although I accept that affinity and aptitude tend to go hand in hand, so I get that it can be frustrating to find someone with Int and Research stats that are very high only to find they hate research.

I have tried the mods but I found them to be very 'buggy' and whilst the extra features add extra depth I found the game eventually became 'unplayable', being unable to save progress and losing staff mysteriously. I also lost the mom character too. On that basis I have chosen to stick with the standard game for now and will make a decision once the game has been completed whether or not to start using mods.

Reactions: hameleona

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
So, I've got the current official bugfix applied, and I've noticed an issue:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This looks to be a bug in the vanilla code. You're using version v0.32.2 correct?
I'll pass it along to Vren on Patreon, looks to be an issue with the redesign of the label outfit_master_manager not catching all the variations of Object/list returns.
From what I'm seeing it's doing a detection of whether _return is a list, but doesn't re-assign the return _return to fetch the 1st index which would be the expected Outfit object.
In short, something like _return = _return[1] under the list check would probably fix it.

Will unfortunately have to wait a while for a vanilla fix unless Corrado has it covered.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
I'm going to be honest, I felt exactly the same about the recruitment system and was frustrated by the lack of 'talent' and the seemingly incongruous stats v likes/dislikes situation. On the face of it I wanted 10 models to turn up for interview with decent skills but then where is the realism and where is the achievement in building a team of stunning women who just fall onto your lap?
Yea, that isn't what I want. All my changes do is increase the odds of you finding a usable girl. talking like level 3 stats and skills being reasonable. The body changes do increase the chances of finding attractive women but you still find ugly ones also.
There is about 20 to 30% chances she will be attractive (slim body) vs the much smaller chances with the way he had it set up.
If you wanted that really hot looking girl who has skills and stats maxed you are going to have to reload or use the other mods and strait out cheat. I think you will be surprised if you try what I made.
I spend hours going through profiles and excluding many simply on looks and others because they just weren't a good fit. My bar started quite low however and I got my staffing levels up to 35 or 36 taking the best of a bad lot in many cases, before firing them a few weeks later once I had found suitable upgrades. I gradually refined and molded my team into a bunch of absolute stunners.
I would have to go through 10 or 20 sets on average just to find a girl who had stats that could do the job that wouldn't want to quit the next day. She hates working, hates weekends and mondays.... which causes her happiness to tank. So didn't matter how much you went around praising everyone's good work they would quit or not be able to do the job worth a shit.
Hell looks with the original game I would be lucky If I didn't need a barf bag on hand.

I'm currently on a diversity quest, getting rid of lesser girls who have someone similar in terms of looks but ultimately sexier than they are. I have also had some fun making their boobs bigger, all of my girls have D cups or larger, the variations largely due to the default pose each girl takes as I find some poses suit a D cup whereas others a DD, DDD or even E cup.
Nice

In terms of the ability v likes/dislikes 'anomaly' I know in my working life I have encountered a number of people who hate their job but also happen to be very good at it and vice versa, although I accept that affinity and aptitude tend to go hand in hand, so I get that it can be frustrating to find someone with Int and Research stats that are very high only to find they hate research.
What I found in life most people who are good at something they don't hate it. They generally complain to complain. I got pissed one day and went to fire this guy because he complained so much. I figured if he was that miserable at the job it would be better for him and us if he found a different job. I was even willing to help him find that job. However it turned out he primarily complained because that was his way of trying to fit in.

I have tried the mods but I found them to be very 'buggy' and whilst the extra features add extra depth I found the game eventually became 'unplayable', being unable to save progress and losing staff mysteriously. I also lost the mom character too. On that basis I have chosen to stick with the standard game for now and will make a decision once the game has been completed whether or not to start using mods.
Well you won't have to worry about the mod I made causing anything on that line. It doesn't add in anything new or really removed anything from the game. It doesn't change the over all behavior of how it works in any large way.
The easiest way to test it is just create a copy of the entire directory.
Install the mod.
Then when you are at work one day go to a page that you have no saves on and make a save and go to hire someone.
If you don't like the changes simply delete the single save file by holding your mouse over it and hit the delete button and then delete the directory. None of your other saves will be effected or the original copy of the game.

Reactions: Trollden
Jun 1, 2017
This looks to be a bug in the vanilla code. You're using version v0.32.2 correct?
I'll pass it along to Vren on Patreon, looks to be an issue with the redesign of the label outfit_master_manager not catching all the variations of Object/list returns.
From what I'm seeing it's doing a detection of whether _return is a list, but doesn't re-assign the return _return to fetch the 1st index which would be the expected Outfit object.
In short, something like _return = _return[1] under the list check would probably fix it.

Will unfortunately have to wait a while for a vanilla fix unless Corrado has it covered.
Thank you. On a related note,

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Corrado

Modder
Mar 16, 2018

I think I did it: I found some 'merge' problem between the different versions in the 'command_descriptions.rpy' file.
I've tested the mom's stripping and the wardrobe addiction and to me it's working fine.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Burt and Jumbosauce

Zoe_heart3

Jul 10, 2020
Does anyone know of a fix for the Android bug that doesn't let you go to the Club or School? I have done everything I can without those and really want to try the content out, but only ever have time to play on mobile.

Reactions: Jeemnry

Anon

Aug 7, 2016
Hi there, I started the game and got this error when I go to the company the very first time

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
How hard is it to clear out the save files for this? Mine go back a WAYS.
Just hold the mouse over the save image and press delete and it will ask you if you want to delete that save and it will.
Alternatively you can delete them out of the save directory under game and
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\LR_2_Proto-1493018508

To make that clear it is saved in two different directories and both copies need to be deleted

krash-man

Jul 27, 2017
Do any of you guys have a problem where the moment after a character shows up, the box that shows them resizes for some reason?
This happens if your display settings are set to higher than 100%. I have mine set at 150% because I use a big screen TV as a monitor, and the image immediately resizes as you said. To fix it, before starting the game, right-click on the desktop and select 'Display Settings' and change the 'Scale' setting to 100%, then start the game. After you quit the game, you can reset it to whatever it was before playing. Hope this helps.

Edit:It also may be that the 'Animation Scaling' in Preferences is set to 2.0. This also causes the image to resize.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2020
hi guys, how do you get the prostitute to turn up?
Hello, I have just spotted her Downtown Friday at Night. They day may not be of imprtance.
I played the latest mod version. Cant post link due to post restrictions since its my first post here.
I dont know if shes that easily available in the non mod version.
The current Mod version seems to be a better experience right now anyway so i encourage you to try that one out if you havent.

Have Fun.

Heml0ck

Mar 7, 2018
Anyone got good serums? Mine still suck.
Since the game is in development (usually requiring a new game), I use the mods to increase my research stats to get the best serums. You could also edit the script.rpy file to max out your research skill, but the mods are easy to use.

TS2016

May 7, 2017
I have been playing this game for few weeks now. I play with mods because I have no patience and time to grind up all stats and money. With mod I can easily change how women look and her stats/sills/ etc...
One thing I don't understand is why such huge drop with women's happiness over night when you sleep? Takes while to build them up with 2 points every time. Then lost most of them overnight.
Why -15 of your energy for every talk? That is stupid. (one of reason why I use Mod to increase my max energy way up)

What I'd like to see is Dev add more different faces (not same face with alters). 4 are good looking/beautiful. 2 or three are bearable and rest are awful ugly.
More hair styles.
Not really a big deal but more skin types would be nice.

What I did like to see either by Dev or Mod (if I knew/understood how I would make mod myself)
ability to:
-kiss without first flirting
-get right to cunnilingus if woman is naked or have nothing on below her waist (skipping flirting, kissing, etc...) and can lead to fuck
-directly ask if she want to fuck or want cunnilingus
-groping her breasts (not part of grope command or foreplay)
-kiss/suck her breasts
-ask two women for threesome
-invite woman to at your home for fuck (or women for threesome)- they ask if they can stay overnight or not
-woman invite you to their home for fuck or threesome

There are probably more that I thought of while playing but cant recall right now.

Reactions: Zel zaraki

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
I have been playing this game for few weeks now. I play with mods because I have no patience and time to grind up all stats and money. With mod I can easily change how women look and her stats/sills/ etc...
One thing I don't understand is why such huge drop with women's happiness over night when you sleep? Takes while to build them up with 2 points every time. Then lost most of them overnight.
Why -15 of your energy for every talk? That is stupid. (one of reason why I use Mod to increase my max energy way up)

What I'd like to see is Dev add more different faces (not same face with alters). 4 are good looking/beautiful. 2 or three are bearable and rest are awful ugly.
More hair styles.
Not really a big deal but more skin types would be nice.

What I did like to see either by Dev or Mod (if I knew/understood how I would make mod myself)
ability to:
-kiss without first flirting
-get right to cunnilingus if woman is naked or have nothing on below her waist (skipping flirting, kissing, etc...) and can lead to fuck
-directly ask if she want to fuck or want cunnilingus
-groping her breasts (not part of grope command or foreplay)
-kiss/suck her breasts
-ask two women for threesome
-invite woman to at your home for fuck (or women for threesome)- they ask if they can stay overnight or not
-woman invite you to their home for fuck or threesome

There are probably more that I thought of while playing but cant recall right now.
There are a number of things they may not like. Things like mondays, weekends, working, working a specific job, wearing pants, uniforms, skimpy uniforms, skimpy clothing, and more. Those things will cause a drop in their happiness. Try to avoid hiring them or find women who have traits such as they like working, they like working a specific job and so on.

Try to hire women who have mostly positive traits it will mean less of a chance of having the negative ones.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes