dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
They don't give you their phone number until they're over a certain value of Love, which then also gives you access to their social media accounts if they've told you about them beforehand. I haven't dug yet to see what it is exactly, but I've found taking them out to lunch after I've flirted them up to 25 Love does it, so maybe it's 30ish Love?

Minoin

Jan 16, 2018
Did you start a new game? I'm asking because I installed the same patch but haven't started a new game and I wonder if that might be why it hasn't been working.

EDIT: And I just got it to trigger with Sarah and it added her OnlyFanatics.
No, I didn't start a new game... If it worked for you , maybe something is weird with my setup.

You sister is hard coded to prevent her from getting the proper onlyfans_role and dikdok_role, even though her instapic dialogue straight up invites you to check out her OnlyFanatics page. Blame generic dialogue writing. In fact, all of the instapic dialogue, the girl will invite you to an OnlyFanatics page that doesnt exist because it doesnt give the girl the onlyfans_role.

As for why "Alex" wasn't added to your phone list, I'm at a loss. The base game's code, before any other mods or patches shouldn't allow something like it to happen. The dialogue wont trigger unless she has the appropriate instapic_role and you don't already have the insta_known flag for her, and it sets the flag (insta_known) to true in the script before she says that specific line. All the requirements should be fulfilled for her to be visible in the list : she has the role, and you know about her account. I'm afraid I'm at a loss, sorry.
Thanks for the reply and explanation: it's very weird indeed.... I also noticed that their phone number is not added to the phone list, as mentioned by dalzomo.... I'm using the modded version of the game: could that be a factor maybe?
GAme used:
Unpacked using UnRen-0.91

EDIT: I read dalzomo 's post better and tried the love & lunch trick with Alex, and that worked... So somehow access to social media is tied to first having the phone number. Maybe if you jump ahead with corruption serums, it screws up the order making them slutty enough to have an account but not loving enough to give their phone number..?

Take care,
Minoin!

Last edited:
Reactions: dalzomo

HimaKira

Jul 14, 2020
The game got me really interested but I also ran into a few problems

The cousin in the story, when you talk to her it will callback the line for it with the hexadecimal for the color before continuing the "awkwardly part"

The renpy traceback log also appeared when I tried to use the instapic and tried to make the sister change clothes, but after using rollback the renpy exception warning somehow disappeared and I continued as normal.

After playing quite more I can't move on, as the game will crash when I do an scenes like kissing or groping (haven't checked the other scenes as I'm still low on obedience points on all the characters)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: Download the unofficial bugfix, the extra bugfix from the last page, and disable animation in the menu

Last edited:

terratest

Aug 5, 2017
Holy crap the characters are butt ugly, decided to try this out after playing lab rats 1 and when i saw the sister pop up, I closed it right there, will keep a mental note to check back in a year or 2. maybe it gets better.

ParadigmShift

Mar 4, 2019
No, I didn't start a new game... If it worked for you , maybe something is weird with my setup.

Thanks for the reply and explanation: it's very weird indeed.... I also noticed that their phone number is not added to the phone list, as mentioned by dalzomo.... I'm using the modded version of the game: could that be a factor maybe?
GAme used: Mega
Unpacked using UnRen-0.91

EDIT: I read dalzomo 's post better and tried the love & lunch trick with Alex, and that worked... So somehow access to social media is tied to first having the phone number. Maybe if you jump ahead with corruption serums, it screws up the order making them slutty enough to have an account but not loving enough to give their phone number..?

Take care,
Minoin!
Dalzomo has it precisely right. I see now that it's only checking the people in your phone for the required flags to list them for the various internet stuff. The mc.phone.get_person_list() bit, which appears to be present in both the base game and the bugfix/mods. So the function checks every person in your phone list for having an account, and if you know about the account.
Code:
for a_person in mc.phone.get_person_list():
    if a_person.has_role(instapic_role) and a_person.event_triggers_dict.get("insta_known", False): #We may add a flag to have some girls (ie. Lily) hide their profile under a different name.
        insta_list.append(a_person) #TODO: Have a flag that notes girls who have a new picture. (Flag is set at the beginning of each day in the on_day action)

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Minoin and dalzomo

SGone

Dec 29, 2017
This is not a full list by any means: I've included two mods by other people (who stopped updating their mods a long time ago), various changes to some aspects of the game (including how serums work), changes to characters' attributes and looks, and added some personal stuff into the code (e.g. added stuff to the script.rpy file so I can start the game faster without having to choose some things every time) as well as fixed some text issues (although I haven't done too much on this regard, yet).

I'm not going to release my "mod". When the game is finished (if it ever is*), I might release a version of it that has the personal stuff removed, but we'll see.

I've been thinking of proof-reading the whole Unofficial Bugfix and Mod, and releasing that to the modders, as it would help me as well, but so far I've yet to find the time to do that (I've done professional proof-reading and other language-related work and consider myself an expert in that). Maybe I'll get to it at some point...the game definitely needs it.

*After all, this type of release model is to try to string paying patrons along as long as possible without ever finishing anything. At least, that's how many, though not all, developers seem to operate.
Wait there are old mods?

pantyboidoe

Apr 6, 2020
Question (probably dumb) but I download and open the file (Mac OS) and get exception errors. Any tips or recommendations? I can copy the entire code but don't want to be a pain.

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 13, in script
init -2 python:
File "game/script.rpy", line 25, in <module>
import shader
ImportError: ('Unable to load OpenGL library', 'dlopen(OpenGL, 10): image not found', 'OpenGL', None)

Minoin

Jan 16, 2018
Dalzomo has it precisely right. I see now that it's only checking the people in your phone for the required flags to list them for the various internet stuff. The mc.phone.get_person_list() bit, which appears to be present in both the base game and the bugfix/mods. So the function checks every person in your phone list for having an account, and if you know about the account.
Code:
for a_person in mc.phone.get_person_list():
    if a_person.has_role(instapic_role) and a_person.event_triggers_dict.get("insta_known", False): #We may add a flag to have some girls (ie. Lily) hide their profile under a different name.
        insta_list.append(a_person) #TODO: Have a flag that notes girls who have a new picture. (Flag is set at the beginning of each day in the on_day action)
Guess I need to start asking the lassies for their digits! :D

Thanx ParadigmShift and dalzomo... It's clear now, at least regarding the InstaPict.

Take care,
Minoin!

Reactions: dalzomo

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
Holy crap the characters are butt ugly, decided to try this out after playing lab rats 1 and when i saw the sister pop up, I closed it right there, will keep a mental note to check back in a year or 2. maybe it gets better.
Funny: it was like this since the very begining, soooo....
10 more years???

Cry about it

Aug 8, 2017
whats up with this game dude. can't we get a clean update with few minor bugs. to atleast enjoy this game? since the very beginning the only way to play this game is thru mods. i mean wtf hahaha its funny. really getting paid on patreon and this is all we get. game full of shit unplayable. always have to wait for mods to fix. and the android is always broken. hahaha i really love this game but i always get dissapointed i already drop my support for his patreon. im out of this thread. thank you guys for the mods and admin here. i take things seriously thats why. HAHAHAHA goodbye lab rats 2. i will not miss you but you are a gold game.

kurosx

Oct 1, 2017
See it another way. I'm playing the modded version, but I support this game on Patreon, just because without the base game there wouldn't be a modded version.

Reactions: seden

elhombre

Jun 6, 2017
Me too. I aint ditchin this just yet, it is an interesting game.. .. and there's so much content to be added.
bugs... just can't without them,.. they'll be polished eventually.

so.. patience young padwan.

Rukon

Jul 10, 2020
Here is something I hope to see at some point in the game. So far, we have only been using generic nondescript supplies to make serums, which is fine. I'd like to see some tiers for supplies, meaning not all are available from the start; more complex serums needing some more specific types of supplies which have special requirements, or need to be produced in-house after gaining some technologies. Among those, I'd really like to see things like hormones, enzimes and other biological components extracted from the bodily fluids of the lab employees. The mods already add pregnancy and lactation into the game, why not use those events along with special collection devices to produce some types of supplies.

Nov 7, 2017
I wouldn't say they're all butt ugly but many yeah, I agree. This game has been out for years now, at least since 2017 but unfortunately they've been looking like this since the very beginning. I wish the game developer would remodel the girls, add more clothing options and add new variations where the game generates better modeled girls like from Daz 3D which has the best looking 3D modeled girls I have seen, it certainly would make the game much better what it's right now and it has a great concept going though. I still enjoy this game despite its flaws and minor bugs.

Reactions: Grindobar

bloodbus

Sep 30, 2020
I wouldn't say they're all butt ugly but many yeah, I agree. This game has been out for years now, at least since 2017 but unfortunately they've been looking like this since the very beginning. I wish the game developer would remodel the girls, add more clothing options and add new variations where the game generates better modeled girls like from Daz 3D which has the best looking 3D modeled girls I have seen, it certainly would make the game much better what it's right now and it has a great concept going though. I still enjoy this game despite its flaws and minor bugs.
I'm pretty sure these are Daz models. You can find clothing and hair from this game that are only made for Daz Genesis 8. I see room for improvement but not a total overhaul like a lot of people seem to say

Nov 7, 2017
I'm pretty sure these are Daz models. You can find clothing and hair from this game that are only made for Daz Genesis 8. I see room for improvement but not a total overhaul like a lot of people seem to say
I don't think so. I've seen great models from Daz with very realistic faces, hair and clothing like these examples here but you might be right they could be using Daz with renders of less attractive girls/women and clothes even though these models below look very complex to create. I would love these models in Lab Rats 2 if there were an overhaul of the game in a future update. Lol. Who knows maybe we will get very realistic models in Lab Rats 3 if Vren wants make a third installment. I actually like these models much better than the ones I've seen and played in Honey Select 1 & 2.

df91a9875164c7fc7e02b97d3a3fdf9b.png click-n-render-ibl-set-00-main-daz3d.jpg

float99

Aug 10, 2016
Is there a feature in the game where random girls will have serum effects applied? In essence, since you are selling the serums you create, I would expect some of the women to be buying and drinking the serums independently of you feeding it to them.

I thought I had seen this feature in the game, but might have imagined it or maybe it was available in a mod. If not, maybe worth looking into myself, though it might make the game too easy.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes