himmlisches

Sep 23, 2018
Maybe I'm imagining things but didn't we used to be able to change the way NPC's looked? Like make them thicker or skinnier, change their hair and face? Things like that?
That was a mod, I believe. I'm not sure if there's a present version of it available, though.

Reactions: Destrosity

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
Can you, please, post those you found already. Especially age cheat, cuz in my latest run 2/3 of NPC were over 50yo.
ps I'm not against eldery, it's opposite: I care about their health (heart attack) :D
in addition to using the console to change age of existing characters on an individual basis if you open the script.rpy and search for :

age = renpy.random.randint(18,50)

you can change it so that the game only generates girls within the age range you like :)

small edit because the low end of the age RNG is 18 not 21 (was based off an old post)

Last edited:

himmlisches

Sep 23, 2018
I've found a bug where I don't have Nora's test trait unlocked, so I can't progress there (need to research the 1000000 cost trait first before I can put it in a serum).

Reactions: Harvey Danger

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
I've found a bug where I don't have Nora's test trait unlocked, so I can't progress there (need to research the 1000000 cost trait first before I can put it in a serum).
Don't know if you are experiencing the same thing I was or not... but I thought that Nora's 2nd request was bugged too.

It turns out the 2nd trait you need to research for Nora works differently than the first. For the first one she would give you a trait and it would show up in your already researched list, so all you had to do was go into the "create a serum" function and her trait was already in that list.

For the 2nd one, it appeared as a trait that you first had to research to unlock (note that there are 2 stages of researching a stat, once to unlock it, and then after that you can continue to research it from the unlocked list to master it). So the difference was Nora's first trait came to you unlocked and ready to use (but with no mastery), the 2nd trait comes to you still locked, so you have to research to unlock it.

Now I went a few days in-game thinking it was bugged and tried a whole bunch of stuff to make it appear in my UNLOCKED list before I realized it was sitting in the LOCKED list. So I don't know for certain if it was always just in the unlocked list and I didn't check there since it was different from how the first Nora trait quest worked, or if some of the things I did suddenly made it available.

I had tried going to the -manage existing serums- in the research lab and deleted my serum that used Nora's 1st trait hoping that might make her 2nd trait pop up, I may have also made sure all of those existing serums for Nora's first trait had been used or sold so Nora's 1st trait wasn't showing up anywhere. So if you are unable to find Nora's trait in the LOCKED traits list (assuming you aren't working on Nora's 1st trait), you might try making sure everything that utilized Nora's first trait has been deleted/sold/used/etc...

Prustan

Sep 30, 2017
Maybe I'm imagining things but didn't we used to be able to change the way NPC's looked? Like make them thicker or skinnier, change their hair and face? Things like that?
The mod hasn't been updated to version 0.20 yet. Still runs with 0.19.1, and would expect the updated mod in a couple of weeks.

Or the mod which can change the girl stats?
Check the OP.

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
The mod hasn't been updated to version 0.20 yet. Still runs with 0.19.1, and would expect the updated mod in a couple of weeks.
Actually both cheat mods (which allow appearance alteration) in the current stable collection work fine with .20

Maso2k20

Apr 14, 2018
So far I only tested this up to the second serum which you were unable to test due to the bug.

I see there are quite a few more further on that have the “list_of_traits.append” which I suspect might need edited as well. Not got far enough to test them yet.

In role_nora.rpy:-

After line 241-

$ list_of_traits.append(the_trait)

Add-

$ the_trait.researched = True

After line 291-

$ list_of_traits.append(the_new_trait)

Add-

$ the_new_trait.researched = True

As always keep a backup of the original file, this might cause issues later on.

elhombre

Jun 6, 2017
Check the OP.
How da fek you can be so stupid (i know how, but why) and spread unconfirmed nonsense ??
... for which one you haven't even read the mod page changelog
The mod has been updated 2nd sep. for the 0.20 !! ..

Please link me that mod? I haven't seen it since like 2018
here

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

and a new bug ...

Destrosity

Jan 11, 2018
How da fek you can be so stupid (i know how, but why) and spread unconfirmed nonsense ??
... for which one you haven't even read the mod page changelog
The mod has been updated 2nd sep. for the 0.20 !! ..

here

and a new bug ...

Thank you, Friend.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
That isn't the problem I'm using ALL the mods at once and haven't gotten any crashes if i get visited working on a weekends....
Simple -- try without mod and see if it still crashes. Oherwise, this is still the alpha. You could report this crash to Vren so he has a chance to fix it.

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Is it worth/rewarding to try and play this legit or should I just cheat from the getgo?
it's kind of a mind numbing grind if you play legit
The game is designed, balanced, and optimized for gameplay, around playing it legit so if you want to know what the actual game is like, and why anyone liked it enough to even create mods for it, it is always worth playing legit without cheats.

The cheats are really more for those of us who start again with each new version just to see what has changed, and have already mastered the mechanics several times over. They also take some of the RNG out of it by letting you make choices, but they absolutely can be an instant 'win' and remove all challenge and gameplay from the game.

Considering that the models, both in looks and poses, are one of the most criticized aspects of the game, cheating around all the challenge just to get to some rather disappointing 'sex scenes' would be pretty pointless.

Many of us hope that the models and scenes might be remastered when the gameplay is all completed, but none of us are expecting this to ever have gorgeous and hot 4k renders, nor any animations, really. In other word, the game mechanics really *are* the point of the game.

That all said, at least one of the available mods actually adds story and content, or at least aims to - Starbuck's Mod. There's also mods that add to the range of serums and effects, add new events, etc. However, even those are best appreciated after playing the vanilla game first, so that you can at least see what is new.

If more players were playing this legit, without cheats, my guess is that Wren would get more honest feedback on the game, and be better able to tweak the experience he's aiming for. It is, after all, his aim to create an engaging and interesting game that holds a player's attention and entertains them.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes