The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
The game is designed, balanced, and optimized for gameplay, around playing it legit so if you want to know what the actual game is like, and why anyone liked it enough to even create mods for it, it is always worth playing legit without cheats.

The cheats are really more for those of us who start again with each new version just to see what has changed, and have already mastered the mechanics several times over. They also take some of the RNG out of it by letting you make choices, but they absolutely can be an instant 'win' and remove all challenge and gameplay from the game.

Considering that the models, both in looks and poses, are one of the most criticized aspects of the game, cheating around all the challenge just to get to some rather disappointing 'sex scenes' would be pretty pointless.

Many of us hope that the models and scenes might be remastered when the gameplay is all completed, but none of us are expecting this to ever have gorgeous and hot 4k renders, nor any animations, really. In other word, the game mechanics really *are* the point of the game.

That all said, at least one of the available mods actually adds story and content, or at least aims to - Starbuck's Mod. There's also mods that add to the range of serums and effects, add new events, etc. However, even those are best appreciated after playing the vanilla game first, so that you can at least see what is new.

If more players were playing this legit, without cheats, my guess is that Wren would get more honest feedback on the game, and be better able to tweak the experience he's aiming for. It is, after all, his aim to create an engaging and interesting game that holds a player's attention and entertains them.
To be fair I DID play it legit the first time I played it (I would even recommend doing so at least once).....put A LOT of time into it too I only stopped because I got sick of grinding back to some semblance of where I was every time the game get updated and my saves inevitably get borked.

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
To be fair I DID play it legit the first time I played it (I would even recommend doing so at least once).....put A LOT of time into it too I only stopped because I got sick of grinding back to some semblance of where I was every time the game get updated and my saves inevitably get borked.
Of course.

But to be fair, you also replied to someone asking if he should play his first time ever legit or cheat from the very start, with:

it's kind of a mind numbing grind if you play legit
So while you may say, and even tell yourself, that you would recommend a straight playthrough first, the fact remains that you didn't. Not when it actually came up.

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
Heres a smattering of info/console commands gleaned from trial and error + other users here etc (i take no credit):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You did such a greate work! I'll copy this wall of text to my game folder, and mark "how to KEK.txt" as "read only".
Thank you.

• Haha
Reactions: KEKBUR

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
Of course.

But to be fair, you also replied to someone asking if he should play his first time ever legit or cheat from the very start, with:

So while you may say, and even tell yourself, that you would recommend a straight playthrough first, the fact remains that you didn't. Not when it actually came up.
Yep I freely admit that I dun fucked up there I'm human it happens

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
You did such a greate work! I'll copy this wall of text to my game folder, and mark "how to KEK.txt" as "read only".
Thank you.
Not that I wanna step on all the the work KEK did to compile all that or anything but you could also download and install the opinion mod here if ya wanna make it a little easier on yerself :)

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
I'm guessing that huge save size, save/load crash issue is still not fixed for 0.20. Because my save size reached 10.4 MB and every one of two load or save attempts cause crashing.

I'm not using any mods or cheats, just good old grinding. The most annoying thing is just when the game is becoming much more exciting, it starts to crash. Sigh...

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
Offering to make dinner makes you lose it IIRC. Doing things like being rough with her when she cums during blowjobs will slowly increase it, also there is a +5 obedience if you pick out an outfit for her during her random nighttime crisis evemt. Unfortunately there aren't many other ways of increasing Jennifers obedience in vanilla atm.

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

Menzo

Oct 9, 2018
I can't figure out what event leads to raising obedience on the mother, I just keep losing it slowly.
If you have progressed enough to get her to strip for you for money each Friday night, her obedience will increase when she takes off some clothing (IIRC it is based on how much you pay her for the removal up to 2 points).

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
Not that I wanna step on all the the work KEK did to compile all that or anything but you could also download and install the opinion mod here if ya wanna make it a little easier on yerself :)
Thanks, but no) At this point even this mod may breake the game

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
Thanks, but no) At this point even this mod may breake the game
works perfectly fine for me all it really does is macro changing the variables via a GUI so it wouldn't do anymore harm than you mucking about with the console doing it manually but hey you do you

Last edited:

Quriosity

Sep 5, 2019
I think I have figured out why it is running so slow. An easy test would be to delete and reload it. How do you delete this game? It has linked files all over the freaking place.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes