Munardy

Mar 15, 2018
Thoughts on improvement (wishlist/non-bug errors pointed out):
Scrollback on the stat-change (name: +x Core Sluttiness, Name: +x Happiness etc). A large company with daily serum use only manages to show a few employees, and early morning changes disappear before they can be read.

Scrollback on serum review display (advanced serums sometimes fail to show all flaws).

In detailed information, a separate "Other relationships:" box, with (no surprice) a scrollbar. A big company has many relationships. Or generally a scrollbar on all boxes with more text than can fit.

A scrollbar on the production settings screen, if production line expansions are maxed, I can't set an autosell threshold on the last line.

In short: Scrollbars to the people!

Some Anal actions seem to be copy/pasted straight from doggy, and don't make perfect sense. Exempli gratia, why does the text for at least one Anal Doggy actions mention how sopping wet the pussy is.

Still, an enjoyable game, in my mind.

Reactions: Brololol and Gavote

elhombre

Jun 6, 2017
Please Vren, seriously mate, implement SCROLLBARS .. maybe left mouse00 button is dying but 0scroll0 is like a virgin :rolleyes:

galadh

Nov 21, 2017
Hello,

First I gotta say, I simply love this game. Vren did a really grat job here :)

That said, I might have found a little bug in the script.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Red box shows Lily's arousal. I "farmed it" by forcing >Try to seduce her.< repeatedly.

Each time, the game pops up a box with choices:
  • I want to make you feel good
  • Let's have some a good time
  • I need you to get me off
This is normal. What's odd, however, is that when I go with trying to seduce, and then the third option (it's 100% sure in this example) sis tells me: "No, wait, we really shouln't [...]" and then increases Lily's arousal by 5% - as shown in yellow box.

To confirm that it wasn't a one time glitch, I have risen her arousal up to 200% in this picture, but MC can go on and on and on...

I don't know if there's a cap of Lily arousal' % here - I am too lazy to go to 1000%, but I believe MC could go indefinitely, increasing Lily's arousal % by +5 each time.

Can anyone confirm this bug and say whether it's an actual error or it's just my save gone haywire?

Regards,
Galat

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
Hello,

First I gotta say, I simply love this game. Vren did a really grat job here :)

That said, I might have found a little bug in the script.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Red box shows Lily's arousal. I "farmed it" by forcing >Try to seduce her.< repeatedly.

Each time, the game pops up a box with choices:
  • I want to make you feel good
  • Let's have some a good time
  • I need you to get me off
This is normal. What's odd, however, is that when I go with trying to seduce, and then the third option (it's 100% sure in this example) sis tells me: "No, wait, we really shouln't [...]" and then increases Lily's arousal by 5% - as shown in yellow box.

To confirm that it wasn't a one time glitch, I have risen her arousal up to 200% in this picture, but MC can go on and on and on...

I don't know if there's a cap of Lily arousal' % here - I am too lazy to go to 1000%, but I believe MC could go indefinitely, increasing Lily's arousal % by +5 each time.

Can anyone confirm this bug and say whether it's an actual error or it's just my save gone haywire?

Regards,
Galat
Yeah. That's a bug / exploit in what order it executes the commands depending on the two different checks.
If you pass the "Success Chance" shown in the menu it'll run an arousal change depending on their "being submissive" or "being in control" opinion and thereafter run a check to see if they have been seduced too often already which determines if they reject it or succeed -> sex starts.

motai

May 13, 2017
i think i noticed a bug. if you use alexia as the company model. when you reassign her to a different department it cancels her trait as the role model. it does not reenable you to designate a company model afterward tho. there is a console command to fix this but i thought i would mention it to add to the list.

$ the_person.special_role.append(company_role_model)

will add the photoshoots back into conversation after you leave and reenter
if you reassign the model to a new division. it will remove the trait but not reenable the company option to add a model.

Reactions: KEKBUR

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Some Anal actions seem to be copy/pasted straight from doggy, and don't make perfect sense. Exempli gratia, why does the text for at least one Anal Doggy actions mention how sopping wet the pussy is.

Still, an enjoyable game, in my mind.
Biologically that actually would make a lot of sense for a female in a high state of arousal and/or satisfaction;) But i otherwise agree to your overall point

irezawa

Nov 4, 2017
Any idea what's the problem? Someone had this exact same thing right before 21.0 came out and I assume it got ignored when everyone moved on to new version, but it seems like it's still around.

EDIT: Further thread-digging revealed the problem is with tutorial and heading to downtown. Apparently you're supposed to skip the tutorial to be safe. But that's just a workaround, not a fix. Oh well, at least I wasn't too far in the game.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 8357, in script call
call change_location(new_location) from _call_change_location #_return is the location returned from the map manager.
File "game/script.rpy", line 8398, in script call
$ renpy.call(the_place.tutorial_label)
call change_location(new_location) from _call_change_location #_return is the location returned from the map manager.
TypeError: unhashable type: 'RevertableList'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\Games\Misc Adult\Lab_Rats_2-v0.21.1-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\Games\Misc Adult\Lab_Rats_2-v0.21.1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 513, in main
run(restart)
File "D:\Games\Misc Adult\Lab_Rats_2-v0.21.1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "D:\Games\Misc Adult\Lab_Rats_2-v0.21.1-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 879, in run_context
context.run()
File "D:\Games\Misc Adult\Lab_Rats_2-v0.21.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 863, in lookup
label = renpy.config.label_overrides.get(label, label)
TypeError: unhashable type: 'RevertableList'

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.21.1
Thu Oct 24 17:19:44 2019

Last edited:

JackBeNimble

May 21, 2017
Hey everybody. I wanted to ask a quick question. Can we just remove the "character_images.rpa" file in the game folder, and replace it with an unpacked "character_images" folder instead if we have modified some of the pictures? I have found LOTS of ways to unpack .rpa files while searching around, but cannot for the life of me find a way to actually pack a folder of images into an .rpa file xD

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
Hey everybody. I wanted to ask a quick question. Can we just remove the "character_images.rpa" file in the game folder, and replace it with an unpacked "character_images" folder instead if we have modified some of the pictures? I have found LOTS of ways to unpack .rpa files while searching around, but cannot for the life of me find a way to actually pack a folder of images into an .rpa file xD
After unpacking RPA packages with "unren", you can delete all RPA packages in the "game" folder. So you can modify the images as you wish.

Reactions: JackBeNimble

stevedavecraig

Sep 8, 2017
I need help.

I'm trying to play the game but it just crashes within seconds of starting to load.
anyone know why this might happen and how to fix it?

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
where would i find that if i get one?
i didn't see one from a quick glance.
Usually with Ren'py games, you get the "I'm sorry an exception occurred" window with a traceback if an error occurs, so if you get that screen please post the traceback log. If not: In the main folder of the game (with the executable itself) there will be a combination of memory.txt, log.txt and traceback.txt files; if you find any of those please post those.

If you do not have WRITE access to the folder the game is in, that is a problem because these files cannot create (and that will cause an error). So if you do NOT have those files, check the accessibility of the folder the game is in.

Reactions: Gavote

stevedavecraig

Sep 8, 2017
Usually with Ren'py games, you get the "I'm sorry an exception occurred" window with a traceback if an error occurs, so if you get that screen please post the traceback log. If not: In the main folder of the game (with the executable itself) there will be a combination of memory.txt, log.txt and traceback.txt files; if you find any of those please post those.

If you do not have WRITE access to the folder the game is in, that is a problem because these files cannot create (and that will cause an error). So if you do NOT have those files, check the accessibility of the folder the game is in.
I can only see a memory.log file but not a log or traceback. how do I check if the folder has write access?
also I do not get any message when it crashes

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes