irezawa

Nov 4, 2017
By the way, how long does it usually take for the new version to show up in here? Is there some silent agreement like in case of some games that it will not be uploaded until some criteria (version, period of time etc.) is met or is it just about getting someone willing to share theirs?

ParadigmShift

Mar 4, 2019
By the way, how long does it usually take for the new version to show up in here? Is there some silent agreement like in case of some games that it will not be uploaded until some criteria (version, period of time etc.) is met or is it just about getting someone willing to share theirs?
You'll find your answer if you take 5 minutes to read. Also, if you want the new version so badly, how about throwing a few $$$ way to support all their hard work.

Otherwise, chill. It'll be here when it's here. Usually shortly after the bug-fix release comes out.

irezawa

Nov 4, 2017
You'll find your answer if you take 5 minutes to read. Also, if you want the new version so badly, how about throwing a few $$$ way to support all their hard work.

Otherwise, chill. It'll be here when it's here. Usually shortly after the bug-fix release comes out.
I've read through the page already since I actually am considering becoming a patron, and I didn't find anything about it. Yes, I'm aware there's "Patron Version" and "Free Version", but that doesn't answer my question about the game appearing in this forum. There are games with even longer waiting periods for free versions that are uploaded here almost immediately. And with some devs there's an agreement to not upload test versions.

What did answer my question though, was browsing through this thread. Something I should've done before I asked and for that I apologize. Version 0.21.0 was uploaded here October 6th and free version 0.21.1 came out October 8th, so it seems like it's all about having someone willing to share.

Reactions: Yakis0ba

irezawa

Nov 4, 2017
And, as seriously, use Notepad++ ;)

A toaster is better than notepad. With a toaster, you can edit text just as good as with Notepad, plus it makes toast.

Yes, ++ is justified.
No offense, but no. That seems pretty pointless. I already have text editors and for coding I prefer to use Notepad, not "despite" having no ++'s or even just one +, but especially because there's none. It doesn't even try to do anything else and that's not only what I want, but also what I need. This might sound like blasphemy to some, but I don't need or even want my Notepad to make toast. I have a toaster for that and I really like to keep those things separate.

Thanks for recommendation though. It's always good to learn about new tools, even when they're not for you.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
No offense, but no. That seems pretty pointless. I already have text editors and for coding I prefer to use Notepad, not "despite" having no ++'s or even just one +, but especially because there's none. It doesn't even try to do anything else and that's not only what I want, but also what I need. This might sound like blasphemy to some, but I don't need or even want my Notepad to make toast. I have a toaster for that and I really like to keep those things separate.

Thanks for recommendation though. It's always good to learn about new tools, even when they're not for you.
I don't want to convince you, please use what you like.

With an editor (and I do not count Notepad), you can have:
  • line numbers
  • auto indent
  • tabs to spaces (especially needed with Ren'py)
  • syntax highlighting
plus many more usable features, like search/replace in directories, open multiple files, plugins...

irezawa

Nov 4, 2017
I don't want to convince you, please use what you like.

With an editor (and I do not count Notepad), you can have:
  • line numbers
  • auto indent
  • tabs to spaces (especially needed with Ren'py)
  • syntax highlighting
plus many more usable features, like search/replace in directories, open multiple files, plugins...
You don't want to convince me, but you still choose to ignore everything I say and keep pushing stuff.

I know all that, and I use them whenever I need them. I just very rarely do. Like I said, I do have text editors. But for basic writing I need an environment that is as stripped and basic as possible. That's just the way I am. I'd still use pencil and checked paper, like I used to when I was writing stuff for C64, if there was a quick and foolproof way to transfer my abysmal handwriting to computer.

catapsis

May 29, 2017
I need help.

I'm trying to play the game but it just crashes within seconds of starting to load.
anyone know why this might happen and how to fix it?
Have you tried deleting the game data in the user directory?

Go to "%appdata%\Renpy\" and delete the "LR_2_Proto-####" folder. This will wipe saves and config data, but possibly fix whatever issues you're having.

irezawa

Nov 4, 2017
How can you raise the obedience permanently?
With your employees it's simple as you can insult their work once per day. With Lily you can raise it by having her earn money from you by doing favors she proposes to you and when your mother asks you for help, making her do it instead. With your cousin you need to find a way to blackmail her. But in general you need to show them all who's the boss.

kerrekk

Jul 14, 2019
BUG REPORT

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 8357, in script call
call change_location(new_location) from _call_change_location #_return is the location returned from the map manager.
File "game/script.rpy", line 8398, in script call
$ renpy.call(the_place.tutorial_label)
call change_location(new_location) from _call_change_location #_return is the location returned from the map manager.
TypeError: unhashable type: 'RevertableList'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "G:\Tgames\GHAMES\Lab_Rats_2-v0.21.1-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "G:\Tgames\GHAMES\Lab_Rats_2-v0.21.1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 513, in main
run(restart)
File "G:\Tgames\GHAMES\Lab_Rats_2-v0.21.1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "G:\Tgames\GHAMES\Lab_Rats_2-v0.21.1-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 879, in run_context
context.run()
File "G:\Tgames\GHAMES\Lab_Rats_2-v0.21.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 863, in lookup
label = renpy.config.label_overrides.get(label, label)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.21.1
Tue Nov 05 19:54:18 2019

DOWN TOWN IS NO GOOD

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
BUG REPORT

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "G:\Tgames\GHAMES\Lab_Rats_2-v0.21.1-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "G:\Tgames\GHAMES\Lab_Rats_2-v0.21.1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 513, in main
run(restart)
File "G:\Tgames\GHAMES\Lab_Rats_2-v0.21.1-pc\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "G:\Tgames\GHAMES\Lab_Rats_2-v0.21.1-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 879, in run_context
context.run()
File "G:\Tgames\GHAMES\Lab_Rats_2-v0.21.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 863, in lookup
label = renpy.config.label_overrides.get(label, label)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.21.1
Tue Nov 05 19:54:18 2019

DOWN TOWN IS NO GOOD
Try the bug fix version mentioned in the MOD of the OP. It contains many fixes not in the original version, incl. this one. Also a lot of the spelling mistakes have been fixed (typo's).

leojoules

Dec 8, 2018
Try the bug fix version mentioned in the MOD of the OP. It contains many fixes not in the original version, incl. this one. Also a lot of the spelling mistakes have been fixed (typo's).
Using the bug fix worked for me, I could go to DownTown...
But now I got another bug making me unable to talk to Girls

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Tristim

Modder
Donor
Nov 12, 2018
Using the bug fix worked for me, I could go to DownTown...
But now I got another bug making me unable to talk to Girls

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If you use a v0.21 save game on v0.22 this happens, unfortunately save games are not compatible between versions. The girlfriend role was introduced by VREN in v0.22

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Is there a way to force trigger random events through the console? On day 92 of a playthrough with most days spent at work, and I've seen maybe three work events firing.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes