notmalthus

May 12, 2018
The complaints about managing employee happiness and their inherent insanity make me smile.

I feel like anyone who has been responsible for hiring and managing a RL company knows that this is 1000% accurate. People take jobs they actually hate, they lie about their preferences, and they bring their inscrutable contradictory emotional baggage to work. If you look up industry churn rates for most jobs, it's shockingly high. Annual churn rates of 50%, or even 100%, are not uncommon.

This might be a little exaggerated in LR2, but it's only time compressed in the same way many of the other gameplay elements are. Even having a new hire ghost/quit within a week of starting is something that actually happens, especially with cold-hires. (I am always dumbfounded by it, but it's not as rare as you'd think.)

The only thing I would like to see is the bureaucracy creep that it takes to develop an organization like this. IRL, every business policy would require a new hire/role to implement and maintain. Want more candidates? Hire more recruiters. Want more serum batch improvements? Hire more production engineers. Etc etc etc.

shinonen

Dec 13, 2016
The complaints about managing employee happiness and their inherent insanity make me smile.

I feel like anyone who has been responsible for hiring and managing a RL company knows that this is 1000% accurate. People take jobs they actually hate, they lie about their preferences, and they bring their inscrutable contradictory emotional baggage to work. If you look up industry churn rates for most jobs, it's shockingly high. Annual churn rates of 50%, or even 100%, are not uncommon.

This might be a little exaggerated in LR2, but it's only time compressed in the same way many of the other gameplay elements are. Even having a new hire ghost/quit within a week of starting is something that actually happens, especially with cold-hires. (I am always dumbfounded by it, but it's not as rare as you'd think.)

The only thing I would like to see is the bureaucracy creep that it takes to develop an organization like this. IRL, every business policy would require a new hire/role to implement and maintain. Want more candidates? Hire more recruiters. Want more serum batch improvements? Hire more production engineers. Etc etc etc.
Yeah this pretty much. I like managing the chaos and bullshit, it's fun. Then later when you see just how fucked up everyone applying is, that's kind of hilarious too.

srksrk 68 : You can do two things to pretty much eliminate people quitting on you as often as they seem to:

1. Put points into Charisma and ignore the other stats. Actually, I'd suggest dumping as much as you can into sex traits, then job traits, then Charisma/Int/Focus last, since it's so freaking easy to get and they're so initially expensive. If you have a few spare points though, get a leg up on Charisma. It means bonus happiness whenever you say hi (and multiple orgasms lead to loads of happiness too once you get to that).

2. If you don't want to say hi to EVERYONE, you can call an assembly and make an announcement in the lobby that will effect everyone based on if they are low obedience or low happiness and act as if you complimented/criticized them respectively. It does take up one time slot, though.

3. My favorite trick works with everyone who doesn't have sub-95 obedience and sub-20 (?) sluttiness. Chat them up daily to keep them from quitting right away if that's a danger, and as soon as you can do the performance review, tell them you're unhappy with the performance and threaten to fire them. They offer to take a pay cut and when you accept, it's a massive bump to both happiness and obedience. So it's win, win, win, because you save money too.

I've restarted at nearly every build and I can't remember the last time someone quit on me with mostly just using #3.

Reactions: Hank Miller

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Yeah this pretty much. I like managing the chaos and bullshit, it's fun. Then later when you see just how fucked up everyone applying is, that's kind of hilarious too.

srksrk 68 : You can do two things to pretty much eliminate people quitting on you as often as they seem to:

1. Put points into Charisma and ignore the other stats. Actually, I'd suggest dumping as much as you can into sex traits, then job traits, then Charisma/Int/Focus last, since it's so freaking easy to get and they're so initially expensive. If you have a few spare points though, get a leg up on Charisma. It means bonus happiness whenever you say hi (and multiple orgasms lead to loads of happiness too once you get to that).

2. If you don't want to say hi to EVERYONE, you can call an assembly and make an announcement in the lobby that will effect everyone based on if they are low obedience or low happiness and act as if you complimented/criticized them respectively. It does take up one time slot, though.

3. My favorite trick works with everyone who doesn't have sub-95 obedience and sub-20 (?) sluttiness. Chat them up daily to keep them from quitting right away if that's a danger, and as soon as you can do the performance review, tell them you're unhappy with the performance and threaten to fire them. They offer to take a pay cut and when you accept, it's a massive bump to both happiness and obedience. So it's win, win, win, because you save money too.

I've restarted at nearly every build and I can't remember the last time someone quit on me with mostly just using #3.
What you say is all true. However, I found it kind of boring to have to walk around the company and talk everybody happy, not being able to do anything else. Your hint with charisma is certainly right, I think I missed that one the last time.

I read a couple of time before about that assembly in the lobby. However, even if I played the game some time now, I do not know how to achieve that. Where do I have to go to call that in? Certainly not to the lobby, I tried each day and each time, I think, and there does not seem to be an option for that. I must be blind but I do not see it...

Hank Miller

Mar 4, 2019
What you say is all true. However, I found it kind of boring to have to walk around the company and talk everybody happy, not being able to do anything else. Your hint with charisma is certainly right, I think I missed that one the last time.

I read a couple of time before about that assembly in the lobby. However, even if I played the game some time now, I do not know how to achieve that. Where do I have to go to call that in? Certainly not to the lobby, I tried each day and each time, I think, and there does not seem to be an option for that. I must be blind but I do not see it...
I assume the "morning speach" is a modded feature, haven't seen it in any vanilla version yet.

• Angry
Reactions: shinonen

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017

You are not blind as it is not part of the base game. People have been mixing Mod info with base game info in this thread for a while now despite the request to open a specific mod thread for it.

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
You are not blind as it is not part of the base game. People have been mixing Mod info with base game info in this thread for a while now despite the request to open a specific mod thread for it.
Well, Mod Thread have been open for some time already. Maybe it's time the Modders of Lab Rats 2 make list of all stuff they've added to original LR2...

Edit: And request is made.

Last edited:

bsjfan69

Oct 4, 2017

In my playthroughs, here's what I found: some people have stable happiness, some others constantly lose happiness (due to preferences or whatever). The former group doesn't need their happiness raised, it's not worth keeping the people that belong to the latter. So just hire people and if one of them gets unhappy and quits, good riddance, they would've been a pain in the ass anyways.

Reactions: toolkitxx

shinonen

Dec 13, 2016

Oh, whoops. I didn't realize it was a mod feature, they're usually way more obvious like events instead of quality of life stuff so I must have not put two and two together on this, but you're 100% right. My mistake.

Playing with the mod definitely makes for a much more enjoyable game, at least until Vren gets to work on more story content. They've been adding additional random events and storylines, like with the sex shop owner.

Personally I don't really think the serum trait mods are needed but the extra content is appreciated.

1575443236691.png

Reactions: czertik and MahBah

shinonen

Dec 13, 2016
Well, Mod Thread have been open for some time already. Maybe it's time the Modders of Lab Rats 2 make list of all stuff they've added to original LR2...

Edit: And request is made.
They do a pretty good job of outlining everything in the mod options in your bedroom like in the screenshot above. I'm just an idiot

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Any chance of someone sharing 23.0? the new renders look good
the xy.zero versions are the first iterations and meant to be used by Patreons. Based on their bug reporting there always follows a xy.one version shortly after which is the public version. I highly recommend to be patient and wait for that as the Patreon version is always the most unstable one.

Nazgrel

Jul 16, 2019
I've seen this game go trough various updates, I love it more and more every time.. the one thing im deperate trough is to finally be able to impregnate the girls, I want to see her bellies go big and that is all... this game is on the most part perfect... its just that detail that I crave.

Heml0ck

Mar 7, 2018
I've seen this game go trough various updates, I love it more and more every time.. the one thing im deperate trough is to finally be able to impregnate the girls, I want to see her bellies go big and that is all... this game is on the most part perfect... its just that detail that I crave.
That is probably planned. I also hope he's planning better looking random people.

Nothing like a randomly generated lady that looks like the Joker telling me we live 'in a society.'

Reactions: czertik
3.40 star(s) 127 Votes