Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
So among all you modding heroes, how do we change the pubes.style?
Since I consider console commands to be relevant to the vanilla game, then I think it's fair to answer this here.

Python:
# The available styles so far are the following:
# These are considered Clothing items (the class) so they have the same attributes available
shaved_pubes
trimmed_pubes
landing_strip_pubes
diamond_pubes
default_pubes
# NOTE: They are all listed in the pube_styles list as well

# Type in the following and replace it with whatever style you want, case sensitive.
the_person.pubes_style = diamond_pubes

# Pubes also have a related variable to assign colour.
the_person.pubes_colour = [1, 1, 1, 1] # This is a "RGBA" format where values are between 1.0 and 0, where 1 (1.0) is the max
the_person.pubes_colour = [0.35, 0.1, 0.5, 1]

Marraden

Nov 2, 2019
OK, I missed that. But, seems to be worth nothing, because...:

You get it. This needs a serious re-design...
I agree on the redesign, but I think the new energy system has potential. For example, the grindy-ness of flirting with girls is drastically reduced, but that unfortunately also cuts into your ability to seduce the girls. I find the energy/position thing interesting, but the disadvantage is that if a girl runs out of energy (i.e., if you haven't pumped her full of libido stimulants) she doesn't even starfish, the encounter is just over.

Again, I think it can work, and the fact that there is any form of libido enhancer that isn't automatically gonna kill obedience is nice too. I'll wait to see where this goes, and simply hack the stuff that I think is too broken in the meantime.

Reactions: hipslipblip

elhombre

Jun 6, 2017
...aaaand there's another inconspicuous game breaking bug when your partner takes control "..and keeps fucking you"

- "sex_mechanics.rpy" line 77: $ round_choice = "Continue"
Code:
            else:
                "[the_person.possessive_title] is in control, and keeps on [position_choice.verbing] you."
                #$ round_choice = "Continue"
                $ round_choice = "Change"
what happens if there are no any viable positions left, game hangs , I've solved it changed to "Change" which allows you to choose position , but ,meh, then again it is caught in the loop as there, again, are no viable options
that needs some redesign .. eg.. if no viable options , - girl leaves

- uups, that's already there " if position_choice is None: " , but it seems that is not quite working , as , in this peculiar case, there is one "green/excited" position but some other function is breaking it , as if..
she ordinary would like the position but is stopped by something other .. need to dig some more around it

-figured it out, .. problem is in the slutiness hit you (she) take from the floor position "floor -10 slut -10obed" .. and the function gets in the halt/loop

Last edited:

Svoben

Sep 19, 2017
The change from Stamina to Energy seems like a really fundamental change to be making at this point in the game's development cycle, and it doesn't seem to be well-thought-out or well-implemented. I've been really willing to cut Vren a lot of slack with this game because even when stuff wasn't really working I could usually see what he was aiming for, but with this one, I just have absolutely no idea what he was thinking.

Reactions: Marraden

Saithir

Jun 24, 2017
So far as I'm concerned, the only good redesign an energy system can have is being chucked out of the code completely. I'm not sure which thing I hate more, energy or stupid basic clunky minigames (you know, the "keep the bar in the green zone" ones). ;)

This type of mechanic is a straight dark design pattern taken directly from the mobile world, where it's supposed for the player to not ever have enough until you pay for it. It works for mobile, because a) there's the expectance that the game needs to be cheap or free, or else nobody will buy it, so the mtx are what is supposed to bring in the cash; b) it exploits players as they have no other options; and c) because mtx on mobile are easy to implement and easy to buy.

It has no place in PC gaming in this exact form, as neither of the points above are true.

At the very least resting for the night should replenish it all up to the max_energy cap (it's like the easiest mod to make, just replace both "self.change_energy(60)" calls to "self.change_energy(self.max_energy)", the method is written so it keeps from overflowing and should always work), I have no idea why it wouldn't. Hopefully it's just an overlook - it might be written before adding the ability to increase it and Vren just forgot to update it.

It might be I'm being a bit too hard on it - still would need to spend some time playing as the fix didn't help my saves so I get to restart yet again, yay, but either way it leaves a bad taste.

Marraden

Nov 2, 2019
2. If you don't want to say hi to EVERYONE, you can call an assembly and make an announcement in the lobby that will effect everyone based on if they are low obedience or low happiness and act as if you complimented/criticized them respectively. It does take up one time slot, though.
Wait, WHAT?! I've been playing this game for months and I never found this. How do you trigger the assembly thing, I've never seen this option. *Rushes off to search the code*

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Wait, WHAT?! I've been playing this game for months and I never found this. How do you trigger the assembly thing, I've never seen this option. *Rushes off to search the code*
There isnt in the vanilla version - we answered that right below what you read. The assembly is a function of the modded game.

Marraden

Nov 2, 2019
There isnt in the vanilla version - we answered that right below what you read. The assembly is a function of the modded game.
Ah, thanks. I found that response a few replies down from that. I'm all for modding, I just didn't realize people were talking about the mod as if it were the vanilla version in this thread.

Tozen222

Jul 23, 2018
I just enjoyed some fun modding the "side-effects" into adding accidentally beneficial effects. Why can't you actually get something better than expected? This also added some motivation to use the side-effect heavy components pre-grind. Some examples were euphoria, aphrodisiac, good reputation, delicious, etc. Make the early game a bit more fun.

I agree with the dislike of the energy system. I like that it does not end when you finish, but the process is long in the first place and adding point management kinda takes away from just enjoying it.

I also noticed some of the tops have gone missing from the wardrobe... such as the vest (but that may be due to the mods).

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Is the game playable yet or still the buggy, confusing, nothing is explained, game from when i last played it?

Saithir

Jun 24, 2017
Allright, I've managed to cheat my way to some gameplay starting from scratch, and yeah, the energy indeed works well with the new sex system, but every action is absurdly costly. Even with refreshing the energy from the console several times...

I'm still not a fan of this implementation at all.

hre83276

May 15, 2018
clothing suggestions:
rope bdsm style
cupless bras/open back and or crotchless panties/pasties
buttplugs/clit jewellry

Reactions: f4f4
3.40 star(s) 127 Votes