chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
Im sorry but those models aren't "Subjectively" bad their just bad.
Ill agree often its bad. There are a few Hair, Body and faces that have a decent look. All the faces and body styles can be made decent, however a few hair styles seem bad no matter how you combine it. However, I am a fan and been playing this off and on for a few months. Maybe theyve grown on me. New clothing keeps getting added which is nice and does increase the appearance factor of some of them, sadly the larger sized bodies clip through some of them.

Thats where the main cast comes into play. Many of them are just bad.. If not all of them. I can understand why people still dislike it. Mom and Sis are horrible. Comparing it to the attractive models from the last game its a hard comparison. Plus the clipping issue effecting the mom a lot, its easy to understand the dislike of the models.

Luckily the cheat mod allows the change of face, body and hair. Plus I think the mod adds a salon for changing hair, and a gym to slim girls down. Unsure if thats mod or game though. Anyway it allows you to fix the issue yourself. Despite the poor quality appearances, I would normally suggest trying it again. However maybe its best to wait a month or two. Let the devs and modders sort through the current problems. Or play version 22 with its mods.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Chaos La Croix

galadh

Nov 21, 2017
Hey all,

I've got one serious question:

every time I update the game version, my saves either go corrupted-frenzy or there are seriously long errors' logs or the game forces the restart of the story.

Am I doing something wrong doing the update?

What (EXACTLY) should be the order / mechanism of the game update process?

What I do is:

1. backing up the saves of the current version,
2. unpacking the newer one (into a different dir),
3. applying the old saves (that are backed up elsewhere) into newer version's dir,

and here I get:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

a) Choosing "Ignore" -> forces starting a new game,
b) Choosing "Rollback" -> forces game to exit and write this to a text file.

So, what am I doing wrong? I am no renpy coder, I am just a simple guy, so please tell me in layman's terms what is happening and what to do about it :)

Oh, and one more thing: I undesrand it may be happening with the new mechanisms like stamina points to energy% conversion, and such - in the latest version.
Still, I was getting the same when switching between .20 to .21, and to .22, and now to .23...

Best regards,
Galadh

Last edited:

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
So, what am I doing wrong? I am no renpy coder, I am just a simple guy, so please tell me in layman's terms what is happening and what to do about it
Your doing nothing wrong most likely. This game is more complex under the hood than most renpy games on this site, for that reason every update needs a lot of changes in order for everything to work correctly. Changes that requires a new game, you cant reliably use old saves for a new version.

Reactions: galadh

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
Hey all,

I've got one serious question:

every time I update the game version, my saves either go corrupted-frenzy or there are seriously long errors' logs or the game forces the restart of the story.

Am I doing something wrong doing the update?

What (EXACTLY) should be the order / mechanism of the game update process?

What I do is:

1. backing up the saves of the current version,
2. unpacking the newer one (into a different dir),
3. applying the old saves (that are backed up elsewhere) into newer version's dir,

and here I get:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

a) Choosing "Ignore" -> forces starting a new game,
b) Choosing "Rollback" -> forces game to exit and write this to a text file.

So, what am I doing wrong? I am no renpy coder, I am just a simple guy, so please tell me in layman's terms what is happening and what to do about it :)

Oh, and one more thing: I undesrand it may be happening with the new mechanisms like stamina points to energy% conversion, and such - in the latest version.
Still, I was getting the same when switching between .20 to .21, and to .22, and now to .23...

Best regards,
Galadh
In your specific instance it is due to the date action (Action class) being changed (split up into different actions, e.g movie date, restaurant ). The old one which I believe was just called date_action has been removed from the code, but persists in your save (which isn't a problem), but it cannot find it's requirement function; date_requirement that determines whether it is eligible or not since it is no longer defined in any of the scripts.

To fix that you can create a dummy function called date_requirement anywhere in a .rpy file and have it return true. Unfortunately there are other issues with the introduction of pubic hair (Person attributes) and energy (MainCharacter and Person attributes) etc. that are more time consuming to work around. (Save can be salvaged, but that's going to take some effort :7 )

Probably not exactly in "layman terms"; but it comes down to code bits, that your save depended on, being removed from the actual game files and then there's new code introduced that isn't applied to the characters in your save. Despite of that parts of the game will still look for them. e.g when it tries to find out the energy level of a person, but they were never assigned one.

Hope that sheds some light on what's going on.

Reactions: shinonen and galadh

galadh

Nov 21, 2017
Hey,

Your doing nothing wrong most likely. This game is more complex under the hood than most renpy games on this site, for that reason every update needs a lot of changes in order for everything to work correctly. Changes that requires a new game, you cant reliably use old saves for a new version.

(...snip...)

Probably not exactly in "layman terms"; but it comes down to code bits, that your save depended on, being removed from the actual game files and then there's new code introduced that isn't applied to the characters in your save. Despite of that parts of the game will still look for them. e.g when it tries to find out the energy level of a person, but they were never assigned one.

Hope that sheds some light on what's going on.
Thanks guys. I kinda imagined it would be something with variables within the script of the game.
And thanks btw - those layman's terms are cool to read and be able to know what you are actually reading about :D

Thanks again,

Galadh

LittleVexy

Jan 3, 2018
I get this error every time i try to load a save. any help?
You need to update to Lab Rats 2 v0.23.2

The v0.23.1 has a save game bug, in which, if you saved during a quick time even you can no longer load any save files. Vren has a post about it here:

Doejhn

Aug 6, 2016
The new energy system is kinda garbage. And by kinda I mean complete garbage.
I thought it was gonna be bad at first but after playing a bit with it I think it's okay, maybe in need of some balancing but that's expected. I'm really happy with the fact that a sex scene doesn't have to end after the player orgasms. Makes sex less formulaic and I'm no longer terrified of girls with high sexual skills making the player orgasm before I can do anything with them.

Reactions: Kalebon

shinonen

Dec 13, 2016
hi
like the game. the girls setup reminds me of paper doll set up from otherworld makes for really good variety.

my Query is: Is there a point to making a girl a girlfriend? Second can you breakup?
From what i recall from the patch notes the girlfriend system currently gives you the benefit of applying Love to Sluttiness whenever you're alone with her. Same with Paramour. She will take a big hit to happiness when she catches you with another woman, though. Seems like something that a high sluttiness rating should disable (especially in situations where she's literally cheering you on), but it's still early yet.

Reactions: kerrekk and Kalebon

Vickens

Mar 8, 2017
Ok not sure if this was mentioned but there is a "infinite?" loop bug that prevents any event from completing IF it initiates a "Female" in control of ANY sex scene... just putting it out there.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I thought it was gonna be bad at first but after playing a bit with it I think it's okay, maybe in need of some balancing but that's expected. I'm really happy with the fact that a sex scene doesn't have to end after the player orgasms. Makes sex less formulaic and I'm no longer terrified of girls with high sexual skills making the player orgasm before I can do anything with them.
Yes but now it ends when MC *or* girl run out of energy. And then it's over for the rest of the day and the next as well, since energy recovers in a rediculously slow manner. You can doze your girl, true, but not yourself. You can level up to 200 energy but recover only 80 per night and a max of 30 per turn, while doing nothing else. So you're dealing with one girl and have recovered after two days already, when with the old system you could have had fun with 16 girls in the same time. I mean, something in between would have been reasonable...

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
Im sorry but those models aren't "Subjectively" bad their just bad. Not rule63 ugly bastard bad by any means, but noticeably low quality like it feels like something is just wrong in some way, and the look on their faces are just...(lifeless? I think.) Regardless. Call me a troll or an ass or what ever makes you feel better. I didn't approach this as a whiny little cockroach of a person who thinks their entitled to everything and neither did you thankfully. (I totally thought I would get people yelling im stupid or something.) I tried to approach it as a fan of the first game TRYING to think about it from an objective viewpoint. You can think whatever you want about what I said and am saying now but that wont change the reality that im still trying to view it from that objective viewpoint.But in all fairness I have to admit that when trying to use an RNG character creator system you do lose SOME quality in design in the characters themselves as well as their models. (being a bad model has nothing to do with "Beauty" btw just thought I'd point that out too. Perfect example look at the model for the guy in that RapeDay game from I think earlier this year, good model but ugly as fuck. And yes im aware im using that thing as a defense but I genuinely dont think im wrong on this....also thank you for answering.)
28v1v4.jpg

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
Im sorry but those models aren't "Subjectively" bad their just bad. Not rule63 ugly bastard bad by any means, but noticeably low quality like it feels like something is just wrong in some way, and the look on their faces are just...(lifeless? I think.) Regardless. Call me a troll or an ass or what ever makes you feel better. I didn't approach this as a whiny little cockroach of a person who thinks their entitled to everything and neither did you thankfully. (I totally thought I would get people yelling im stupid or something.) I tried to approach it as a fan of the first game TRYING to think about it from an objective viewpoint. You can think whatever you want about what I said and am saying now but that wont change the reality that im still trying to view it from that objective viewpoint.But in all fairness I have to admit that when trying to use an RNG character creator system you do lose SOME quality in design in the characters themselves as well as their models. (being a bad model has nothing to do with "Beauty" btw just thought I'd point that out too. Perfect example look at the model for the guy in that RapeDay game from I think earlier this year, good model but ugly as fuck. And yes im aware im using that thing as a defense but I genuinely dont think im wrong on this....also thank you for answering.)
subjective
"Based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions."
So you are agreeing with toolkitxx :)

Reactions: toolkitxx

fzdc

Jul 25, 2017
Did you try this?
Yes.
>tried all DPI options.
>Tried run in 640 resolution
>tried compatibility mode for win7
>tried the Windows Troubleshooter

i might have a fix for you. I don't know much about RenPy but i know that in HTML this issue happens if you use FIXED pixel resolution.
Instead of window_size {width:240px; height:140px} try {width:30%; height:15%}
in HTML/CSS this makes the Window scale to 30% x 15% of the Native resolution of the Browser.
Which means if my Monitor is 2k, window will be 30% x 15% of 2k.
don't know if such an option exists in RenPy, but it might be a thing to look into.
a quick google and i found this.

Doejhn

Aug 6, 2016
Yes but now it ends when MC *or* girl run out of energy. And then it's over for the rest of the day and the next as well, since energy recovers in a rediculously slow manner. You can doze your girl, true, but not yourself. You can level up to 200 energy but recover only 80 per night and a max of 30 per turn, while doing nothing else. So you're dealing with one girl and have recovered after two days already, when with the old system you could have had fun with 16 girls in the same time. I mean, something in between would have been reasonable...
Yeah, recovery is a bit too slow, and upgrading your energy max won't actually do anything to recovery which is something I feel still needs to be addressed, hence my comment about the system needing some balancing. I don't really see a need to dose your char so far since having 200 max energy is still more than you can get girls to have through serum anyway, though.

What the new system did help with, however, was pushing me towards actually using the serums. You used to be able to get girls to high slut levels relatively quick with the old stamina system just by getting your char's sex skills high, finding a girl with low skills and then having her orgasm repeatedly over and over for a few days. This rendered the whole serum thing completely pointless and made me seek girls with low sex skills since higher skills were essentially a penalty to progression. It made most of the game pointless, and the game is supposed to be about corruption through the use of serums, primarily. That's what the whole story is centered on.

Sex, with this new system, is now something I do either to enjoy the results of a girl's higher corruption or to further corrupt her with the aid of serums, which just makes the game as a whole come together a bit better, instead of just being a bone-them-all grindfest.

Speaking of grindfests, though, the leveling system is in sore need of a redesign. The amount of time I spend quicksaving/quickloading to get the right roll on the goal for the next level is insane and since some of the goals will simply take forever to do if I've specialized my character into a certain role at the company during the early game, the savespam is unavoidable. Not to mention the goals themselves are incredibly unbalanced since there's some you can do with literally no in-game time passing at all while others will take forever to do at higher levels.

tanyzh

Sep 24, 2018
People talking about how good or bad the CG in this game is.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering whether I'm EVER gonna get to find out, because even after all this long time, we still only have these completely and utterly useless screens in the OP. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
Yes.
>tried all DPI options.
>Tried run in 640 resolution
>tried compatibility mode for win7
>tried the Windows Troubleshooter
Honestly, someone just needs to add a scroll bar like some of the other windows have. I have the same issue btw

Reactions: Edwarf
3.40 star(s) 127 Votes