chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
guys I 've played for some time,but I still cant find out how to run the company .I did the supply thing and preduced the serum ,however, I was losing money ,please give me some tips thx
Old outdated, but can tell you how to make money I guess. click the username in the other quote, dunno how to link indivisual posts.

Since it got asked, and there are answers which are bound to get lost, I wrote a walkthrough :closedeyesmile:

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
guys I 've played for some time,but I still cant find out how to run the company .I did the supply thing and preduced the serum ,however, I was losing money ,please give me some tips thx
The first several weeks are going to be kinda tight money-wise. You want to make sure you are efficiently using each of your daily steps to resupply, produce serum, sell serum, and keep the company efficiency up.

- start with a serum with the most money making potential (the medical application trait is the best one to start with)
- as soon as you can reasonably afford to drop $500, purchase the batch size improvement perk from the business policies in the main office
- make sure you either have an employee in HR or are doing the "organize your business" step periodically to keep the company's efficiency up (low efficiency means low throughput and hurts your profitability)
- when you set up your production line to produce your serum, change the amount of serum to keep stocked from none to 0 (by clicking plus). This will automatically put all the serum you produce into the sales stockpile.
- make sure you have an employee assigned to marketing (or go to the marketing department and "ship doses of serum" periodically to sell the stuff you've produced). If you or one of your employees aren't selling the serums, you can't make money off them.
- if you don't yet have a marketing employee yet and are doing it manually... make sure to check there are serums in the sales stockpile before wasting the step of selling serums (you can check from the office and do the "mark serums for sale" option)
- I would make sure you are trying to upgrade your focus/intelligence and supply/production skills through objectives on the left as much as you can... you'll be able to make more serums in fewer steps.
- I would try to hire some people to manage your HR and Marketing relatively early so you don't have to waste 2 steps a day doing those tasks.
- a good next step to hiring HR and marketing is a new supply or production employee... basically if you have higher production skill than supply, hire someone good at supply to do your supplies while you spend all day doing production runs... otherwise you can do the supply procurement all day and hire someone to do the production.
- One thing I like to do so as not to waste the supply procurer's time is to change the amount of supply to keep on hand. you can do this from the main office using "set the amount of supply you would like to maintain"... I just set it to something ridiculously high like 5000
- once you've got a decent feel the costs and roughly how much money you are making daily, you'll want to get the ball rolling on having stephanie upgrade your serum research, it's an option in the right window when you talk to her.
- she'll want you to help her test a serum so you need one serum from your production runs
- you can have production keep 1 serum in reserve by going to "set production settings" in the production lab and clicking + for the auto-sell threshold till it indicates 1
- after producing another batch of serums you can find your 1 reserved serum in the "access the serum production stockpile"
- once you move that to your inventory you can go talk to stephanie (or whoever your head researcher is) to unlock a new tier of serum traits
- this will allow you to create serums with more traits and unlock some traits that are worth more money (my next step is usually to create a 2 trait serum with "basic medical application" and "clinical testing procedures", it's a more expensive serum and will increase your profits)

Keep in mind that even if you have supplies and do a "spend time producing serum in the lab", it doesn't necessarily mean you will always produce serums each time you do it, especially early on... when your production skills and/or focus/intelligence stats are low... it will often take 2 production runs to make a full batch of serums.

Eventually you'll have multiple employees doing production/supply and your HR and Marketing people will keep the company running and the cash flowing in so you don't have to be directly involved anymore (though continuing to help produce or buy supplies will increase the amount of money you are making per day). And don't forget that there are 4 tiers of serum trait research. So you'll want to check in with your head researcher when your cash flow is doing well and you are looking into making serums to actually use on people and not just to sell. the 3rd tier starts to really open up your options for making serums you can use to start creating your harem.

Last edited:

xDEEPx

Oct 7, 2017
I was finally able to see that researching constantly before buying any supplies and stuff was the way...however Stephanies Unhappiness... she kept trying to leave no matter what I did... a day later or so she would try to leave again... any way to solve this?
medicine stuff..?

empl37

Aug 10, 2017
Yo, does anyone know if I can use the console to change how tall characters are?
I know you can change their body type, but that is not what I'm looking for.
Cheers.

tribute_you

Aug 15, 2017
EDIT: This one breaks the random event system. I wrote another fix further down the thread.

There's a problem that breaks saves in 23.1. I think I managed to fix it but I don't want to make a Patreon account just to comment for this.

I replaced line 3471 in script.rpy with the following:
Code:
return object.__getattr__(self.the_action, attr)
It unbroke previously broken saves for me but they also take longer than expected to load (usually loading only gets slow after you do a lot of hiring right?) so something might still be wrong.
YOU ARE THE REAL MVP

cj1015

Apr 26, 2018
I was finally able to see that researching constantly before buying any supplies and stuff was the way...however Stephanies Unhappiness... she kept trying to leave no matter what I did... a day later or so she would try to leave again... any way to solve this?
medicine stuff..?
Give her a cash bonus or two for a few days.

cj1015

Apr 26, 2018
medicine stuff..?
The other option... there are several serums that increase happiness... use this, she is leaving because she is unhappy.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
medicine stuff..?
Compliment her work, gives happiness and love if charisma is high enough, higher char the more happiness goes up.
Compliment her: Increases happiness and love, love maximum of 20.
The money suggestion isnt exactly applicable if you havent started making any yet.
Once you start generating income start giving her raises during the perfomance review.

Try to keep her happiness around 100, 120-130 imo is the sweet spot. You got unlucky, she spawned with a negative opinion to something. Could be related to her outfits, could hate working etc. Try small talking to see if you can locate the issue. From there try and fix the issue. If you cant, restart and hope for better luck on opinions.

Reactions: xDEEPx

xDEEPx

Oct 7, 2017
Compliment her work, gives happiness and love if charisma is high enough, higher char the more happiness goes up.
Compliment her: Increases happiness and love, love maximum of 20.
The money suggestion isnt exactly applicable if you havent started making any yet.
Once you start generating income start giving her raises during the perfomance review.

Try to keep her happiness around 100, 120-130 imo is the sweet spot. You got unlucky, she spawned with a negative opinion to something. Could be related to her outfits, could hate working etc. Try small talking to see if you can locate the issue. From there try and fix the issue. If you cant, restart and hope for better luck on opinions.
ty for the guidance

xxxavier

Nov 21, 2019
So, as I understand pubes options are in the clothing of the girls...what I don't understand is how you change them, I ask them to change the clothes they are wearing, but I don't see options for pubes, anyone can help me?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
medicine stuff..?
Either you have to constantly keep her happy by talking to her, or you make sure that she is not unhappy in the first place. I always make a save after the intro and another after hiring her, then skip a few day to see how she makes (happy or not). If she is not becoming unhappy after a couple of days, I keep that save after having her hired, otherwise I load that one after the intro and try again.

Reactions: xDEEPx

KEKBUR

Sep 15, 2016
So, as I understand pubes options are in the clothing of the girls...what I don't understand is how you change them, I ask them to change the clothes they are wearing, but I don't see options for pubes, anyone can help me?
Thats the way he implemented it (as a piece of clothing programming wise), you cannot ask them to change that. But you can do it by console.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Yo, does anyone know if I can use the console to change how tall characters are?
I know you can change their body type, but that is not what I'm looking for.
Cheers.
From the console: the_person.height = #, where # is between 0.8 and 1.0 (it won't take effect until they redraw)

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes