ParadigmShift

Mar 4, 2019
Keep in mind that 'here' is basically a software piracy website. Contrary to other devs who accept f95zone as a way to promote their work to a broader audience Vren does not post here, at least not openly.
If you want to have your opinion heard by him you'll need to become a member of his patreon, accepting the monthly fee that comes with it.
To be fair, Vren does in fact post on plenty of other sites. Hypnopics-collective being one, and there's a number of subreddits that they frequents, as well as posts their own public releases on. F95 just isnt one of them.

Edit: in all cases, they post under the handle "vrengames"
r/lewdgames and r/NSFWgaming are two of the subreddits I know of

Edit2: Basically why vren doesnt post here:

He looked at the analytics for his traffic, and F95 didnt even rank on the list. Granted it was 2years ago, but there ya go.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Grifter

themagiman

Mar 3, 2018
The game seems glitched if I set my research too high. It makes Nora's serum traits go away and I can't make formulations out of them anymore... Not sure what to do with the event.

Also, what do you get out of dosing Nora? Anyone want to spill the beans?

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
If you get the aunt or cousin worked up then try to end a sexual encounter before they're done, you get a bunch of cascading exceptions that almost soft-lock the game.

Also, I think Vren in general needs to have a talk with himself about the amount of early-game grinding that's necessary to make these games worth playing. I shouldn't have to install a mod to get to the fun stuff in these.
Yeah I hit that too. Tried to fix the script but ended up in a loop. Looks like the class is missing at least the cousin.

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
To be fair, Vren does in fact post on plenty of other sites. Hypnopics-collective being one, and there's a number of subreddits that they frequents, as well as posts their own public releases on. F95 just isnt one of them.

Edit: in all cases, they post under the handle "vrengames"
r/lewdgames and r/NSFWgaming are two of the subreddits I know of

Edit2: Basically why vren doesnt post here:

He looked at the analytics for his traffic, and F95 didnt even rank on the list. Granted it was 2years ago, but there ya go.
I was aware about the participation on hypnotics-collective, but not about the rest - seems I misjudged the importance of our small community here a little bit. :) Interesting piece of info however, thanks for sharing!
Regardless, I did not intend to be a critic in any way, I merely wanted to inform Raren that any attempts here on this site to supply any input to Vren would probably be, well, not the best place to put them.

Deleted member 237822

Oct 8, 2017
at one point someone made a post about changing hiring parameters so that you can control the age and look of the girls you hire to better suit your tastes but I can't find it. does any one know where i can go to change this or what page the post is on that talks about it.

KEKBUR

Sep 15, 2016
at one point someone made a post about changing hiring parameters so that you can control the age and look of the girls you hire to better suit your tastes but I can't find it. does any one know where i can go to change this or what page the post is on that talks about it.
Age is quickly edited here \Lab_Rats_2-v0.xx.0-pc\game\script.rpy
and search for :

age = renpy.random.randint(18,50)

I remember that post you mentioned, and i think it was fairly recent so if you dont mind scrolling through the last 10 or so pages you should pick it up.

Reactions: Uptime Lurker

Deleted member 237822

Oct 8, 2017
Age is quickly edited here \Lab_Rats_2-v0.xx.0-pc\game\script.rpy
and search for :

age = renpy.random.randint(18,50)

I remember that post you mentioned, and i think it was fairly recent so if you dont mind scrolling through the last 10 or so pages you should pick it up.
maybe someone has talked about it more recently but the post I saw was made months ago maybe even a year, but I'll look thanks.

TylerJ

Sep 26, 2017
Saved games are crashing for me. This is the error I get for an early save. I played on from this point last night for 30 minutes. Today I get this. If I 'Ignore', the game plays on with no characters in it.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8728, in script call
    $ picked_option.call_action()
  File "game/downtown_events.rpy", line 50, in script call
    call advance_time from _call_advance_time_26
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9552, in script
    python:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9554, in <module>
    people.run_move(place)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1855, in run_move
    self.apply_outfit(self.planned_outfit)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2189, in apply_outfit
    self.outfit = the_outfit.get_copy().merge_outfit(self.base_outfit)
AttributeError: 'Person' object has no attribute 'base_outfit'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/downtown_events.rpy", line 50, in script call
    call advance_time from _call_advance_time_26
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9552, in script
    python:
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\User\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9554, in <module>
    people.run_move(place)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1855, in run_move
    self.apply_outfit(self.planned_outfit)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2189, in apply_outfit
    self.outfit = the_outfit.get_copy().merge_outfit(self.base_outfit)
AttributeError: 'Person' object has no attribute 'base_outfit'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.24.1
Fri Jan 10 10:21:09 2020
I got that to with old save, had to start a new game

hre83276

May 15, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9062, in script call
    call advance_time from _call_advance_time_6
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9480, in script call
    $ the_crisis.call_action()
  File "game/crises.rpy", line 2949, in script call
    call fuck_person(your_follower, private = True) from _call_fuck_person_30
  File "game/sex_mechanics.rpy", line 83, in script
    "[the_person.possessive_title] is in control, and keeps on [position_choice.verbing] you."
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'verbing'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9062, in script call
    call advance_time from _call_advance_time_6
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9480, in script call
    $ the_crisis.call_action()
  File "game/crises.rpy", line 2949, in script call
    call fuck_person(your_follower, private = True) from _call_fuck_person_30
  File "game/sex_mechanics.rpy", line 83, in script
    "[the_person.possessive_title] is in control, and keeps on [position_choice.verbing] you."
  File "E:\games\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 652, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\games\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1199, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\games\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1003, in __call__
    what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=translate))
  File "E:\games\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\renpy\character.py", line 985, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "E:\games\Lab_Rats_2-v0.24.1-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 242, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 652, in get_field
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'verbing'

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.24.1
Sat Jan 11 08:41:01 2020

toro_33

Aug 18, 2019
In the changelog it says that you can ask the girls to change their pubic hair, but i can't find a way to do it. I use a mode to change it, but when i do it the color of the pubic hair stays in white, and it can't be changed, even if you choose another color hair. Someone help me :(

Aug 16, 2016
Anyone know how to speak to Nora outside her quests? There appears to be a serum trait for her, which suggests that you can talk to her and raise her stats, however the only interaction I can find is turning in reports to her, which doesn't allow for any other dialog.

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Anyone know how to speak to Nora outside her quests? There appears to be a serum trait for her, which suggests that you can talk to her and raise her stats, however the only interaction I can find is turning in reports to her, which doesn't allow for any other dialog.
She should be at the university during normal working hours, once you've advanced her quest a bit.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Hrmmm... I wonder if its bugged then, I've done all her stuff, I think I may know how I messed it up though.
If you PAY for tier 2 (the 2,000 investment), Nora does not unlock.

If you have Stephanie contact Nora, she is at home EM and N, but at the university M, A and E.

PS: There's also a difference between Talking to her (from the LEFT column) and "visiting" her (from the RIGHT column). I forgot about that at first. The right-side option only happens when she contacts you.

Last edited:

hhd12258

Jun 18, 2018
This is ridiculous for a v24 to be crashing this much. lmao
I hope you can fix that.
There are a bunch of hotfixes in the bugfixes, which is seperate from the mod. Follow the mod link.

I think 3 new ones have been found in the last 24h, so you may want to wait till they are applied.

hhd12258

Jun 18, 2018
You have to wait till she calls you. Then follow her path.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes