Jan 14, 2018
You mean the ones that have been talked about in this thread basically since day one that are ugly as hell? Yes, and yes, the characters that carry over from the previous game are still just as unrecognizable as when they were first added to this game.
I just don't get it. Is it because it's easily customizable with the clothes? Then so what? If I wanted to play dress-up with ugly models, I'd just get a homeless dude drunk. He'd probably have a better haircut too.

The whole idea with modern SW development is that you create the minimum feasible product, get a demo out quickly and then adapt to the feedback. Once the critical features work satisfactory, you can add more features incrementally with the same process. Vren does the opposite. He makes the product as complex as possible from the start and keeps on ignoring the single biggest complaint in favor of piling on ever more features and content.

Apparently now the models are animated too. Why would you put your resources there? Sure, some people like animation, but not of ugly chicks. Imagine the ratings if he had just stuck with the old HoneySelect pics? Sure, he'd might have to reduce the customization and completely dump the dress-up, but it would be well worth it.

The worst part is that Vren has great writing talent and thinks originally, so he could get away with just a single picture for each girl and many people would still love the game if it was an attractive picture and other aspects got the attention it deserves (like the building of your empire). Games like Strive4Power, TiTS and MonsterGirlDreams have proven that. If he'd want to put in the extra effort, have a pic for each type of mood and let our imagination deal with the scenes.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2017
You mean the ones that have been talked about in this thread basically since day one that are ugly as hell? Yes, and yes, the characters that carry over from the previous game are still just as unrecognizable as when they were first added to this game.
fuck. dat. they make shit ive tried to make in my spare time look GOOD and i made shitty stuff.

evildead

Feb 11, 2018
I try to do this but don't seem to work the_person.core_sluttiness = 50
I type the_jennifer.core_sluttiness = the mc mother. does it need to be her full name if so how do I type the command
is it this the_jenniferwillson.core_sluttiness = 50

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
I try to do this but don't seem to work the_person.core_sluttiness = 50
I type the_jennifer.core_sluttiness = the mc mother. does it need to be her full name if so how do I type the command
is it this the_jenniferwillson.core_sluttiness = 50
the_person is always the person you're talking to/interacting with; don't sub in her name, just use the command as is.

Reactions: evildead

Heisenberg867

Jul 18, 2018
I just don't get it. Is it because it's easily customizable with the clothes? Then so what? If I wanted to play dress-up with ugly models, I'd just get a homeless dude drunk. He'd probably have a better haircut too.

He makes the product as complex as possible from the start and keeps on ignoring the single biggest complaint in favor of piling on ever more features and content.

Apparently now the models are animated too. Why would you put your resources there? Sure, some people like animation, but not of ugly chicks.

The worst part is that Vren has great writing talent and thinks originally, so he could get away with just a single picture for each girl and many people would still love the game if it was an attractive picture and other aspects got the attention it deserves (like the building of your empire).
Amen to all this. The original Lab Rats is in my top 5, and this has to be the most self-defeating sequel of all time in terms of the drop-off in quality. It's been the same feedback since day one: ugly-ass models. Even if I got past them, the enjoyment in the original game came from the personalities of the characters. If I wanted to build-a-bear a bunch of randoms, I'd play Free Cities.

Vren now joins Akabur as a dev who just had to repeat the same formula to be a living god, and instead went totally haywire and became irrelevant.

scannatore

Jul 11, 2017
Animation? I tried playing the game and the interface is absolute crap.
I mean the girl image is now so damn tiny.
1/20 of the screen maybe?
Please tell me he plan to erase all images with 0.26

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
For those complaining about the characters' lack of personality, may be of interest:
Lots and Lots of Dialogue Writing!

It's been a few days since my last progress/planning update for v0.26, and I've been hard at work since then. The community response I got about adding sound/music has convinced me it's less of a priority than I first believed, so I have been focusing my efforts planning and writing new sections of dialogue, as well as on some general cleanup. For anyone experiencing bugs with the animation system: I'm waiting on a new monitor with a different resolution which should give me a test platform to find and fix all of the resolution related issues.
The dialogue I have been working is for the first time you cross some sort of physical threshold with a character. This dialogue comes up, for example, the first time you kiss a girl or the first time you see her naked. There is also now a small sluttiness penalty to any action that would break one of these "taboos" (technically they're personal and not cultural limits), so repeating actions is easier than pushing a relationship further, but temporary bonuses (such as a well timed dose of serum or a lucky random event) can give you the opportunity to progress.
In addition to writing the new dialogue to go through all of the existing events in the game and ensure that both the taboo penalties are being applied when appropriate, and that the taboo is being broken when appropriate. I am also planning to add some serum traits that reduce/remove/manipulate the taboo penalty for a character.
I have 14 taboos and 7 personalities to write variations of them for (or more if I add personal taboo break dialogue to people like Alexia or Nora), so it's time for me to get back to work!
I think the character models are here to stay: There's too much work gone into them at this point (allowing for procedural generation, body modifications, etc.) for a wholesale change-over, though I still hold out hope for some incremental improvements. Agree that the animations don't really add anything of value atm. (but I've never been big on animation anyway).

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes