D

Deleted member 619632

the mod does not work for some reason , can anyone help?

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
The real problem isn't that they are purchased instead of custom, it's that they are ugly as sin and the ones that represent already established characters, specifically the returning characters from LR1, are completely different and can't even be recognized as the characters they represent. He didn't need to purchase models, he could have used Honey Select again and it would have been fine. Yes, it's a lot of work to get the same level of customization as he would have to render every single character with every possible clothing option meant to be available for that character, but it would have been worth it.
"A lot of work" is probably an understatement. The honey select models looked so well put together because he only had to work with 5 main characters (I can't remember if there were a few other appearances by event-based one-time only characters, but it was still a low number of static characters). With honey select he could build those characters, dress them up, and just use the poser to manually create the couple hundred or so images he needed for every combination of character/clothing/pose he needed for all the scenes in lab rats.

Trying to do the same thing for a game that has randomly generated characters with 3 body styles, something like 10 breast sizes, at least 2 pubic hair states, several eye colors, around 10 hair styles... Just making one pose with one outfit for every character combination in honey select would take 3000 images (assuming 5 eye colors... i don't really know how many he has). That's just 1 pose and 1 set of clothing. That is just the state of the game today... he's slowly adding new customizations each version (pubic hair and eye color weren't even a thing a few versions ago, and there are 4 or 5 new hairstyles compared to versions of the game from a year ago).

Now think about how many poses you need for each scenario... there are probably 10-15... so now you are up to 45,000 images you need to grab from honey select's poser (15 poses * 3000 character combinations).

Now think about clothing combinations... the number of clothing sets you can create in LR2 is huge. I'm not even going to bother to make a count, but the combinations would easily go into the 100's of thousands if not the millions or more (if you don't even include the fact that the colors are customizable). Lets go low and say 100,000 (multiplied by 45,000 character/pose combinations), you're at 4.5 BILLION images.

Doing what he did in lab rats just wouldn't at all be feasible in lab rats 2... not without severely cutting down on customization (which the game is built upon).

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
"A lot of work" is probably an understatement. The honey select models looked so well put together because he only had to work with 5 main characters (I can't remember if there were a few other appearances by event-based one-time only characters, but it was still a low number of static characters). With honey select he could build those characters, dress them up, and just use the poser to manually create the couple hundred or so images he needed for every combination of character/clothing/pose he needed for all the scenes in lab rats.

Trying to do the same thing for a game that has randomly generated characters with 3 body styles, something like 10 breast sizes, at least 2 pubic hair states, several eye colors, around 10 hair styles... Just making one pose with one outfit for every character combination in honey select would take 3000 images (assuming 5 eye colors... i don't really know how many he has). That's just 1 pose and 1 set of clothing. That is just the state of the game today... he's slowly adding new customizations each version (pubic hair and eye color weren't even a thing a few versions ago, and there are 4 or 5 new hairstyles compared to versions of the game from a year ago).

Now think about how many poses you need for each scenario... there are probably 10-15... so now you are up to 45,000 images you need to grab from honey select's poser (15 poses * 3000 character combinations).

Now think about clothing combinations... the number of clothing sets you can create in LR2 is huge. I'm not even going to bother to make a count, but the combinations would easily go into the 100's of thousands if not the millions or more (if you don't even include the fact that the colors are customizable). Lets go low and say 100,000 (multiplied by 45,000 character/pose combinations), you're at 4.5 BILLION images.

Doing what he did in lab rats just wouldn't at all be feasible in lab rats 2... not without severely cutting down on customization (which the game is built upon).
Plus, as Vren did several times, he can adjust some parameters, click a button, and the next day everything has been re-rendered automatically.

Jan 14, 2018
Ok, that's it!! I'm weaponizing my inner autist!

Using only powerpoint's animation function and some google clip-art, I've made a far superior female customization solution

Screencaps:
1581947182342.png
1581947228429.png
1581948138952.png

Not even a buddhist monk who have trained chastity for 30 years can look at this without instantly cumming.

Feel free to shower me with bitcoins for my magnificient work: 1FTKzGEvy28zWNddTAFeaw6oKS41xbxMvR

Last edited:

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
Ok, that's it!! I'm weaponizing my inner autist!

Using only powerpoint's animation function and some google clip-art, I've made a far superior female customization solution

Screencaps:
View attachment 555796
View attachment 555797
View attachment 555807

Not even a buddhist monk who have trained chastity for 30 years can look at this without instantly cumming.

Feel free to shower me with bitcoins for my magnificient work: 1FTKzGEvy28zWNddTAFeaw6oKS41xbxMvR

Downloads
Presentation viewer: Workupload
Raw powerpoint: Workupload

Whoa whoa whoa.... I don't know where you got my high school senior picture, but I don't feel comfortable having it posted to this site. I demand you take that 3rd picture down before I get recognized here!

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Plus, as Vren did several times, he can adjust some parameters, click a button, and the next day everything has been re-rendered automatically.
And yet he doesnt do it.

And that is why Vren gives a shit about community feedback with this game, and that has been like that since day 1.

He milked Lab Rats 1 popularity to make this shitty game

FinalZero

Apr 24, 2017
oh god i just play this game today and now i have question of first step how to make money
what to do first ?
and about the girl just skip it this game is not for sex !!!

electricat

Feb 1, 2020
oh god i just play this game today and now i have question of first step how to make money
what to do first ?
and about the girl just skip it this game is not for sex !!!
Bigger serums=bigger profits. With the starter primitive serum production you just barely break even, if there are no unexpected expenses, with the next tier you can actually run at a modest profit easily, and in higher tiers sky's the limit.

So, you need to upgrade your research ASAP. Don't hire anyone, just research with Stephanie and periodically re-organize the business to keep the efficiency up.

Research basic medical application (it does nothing, but it's the most profitable thing you can put in a low-tier serum) put it in a serum, research the serum, MAKE SURE RESEARCH COMPLETES ON WEEKDAY. That way you instantly get a free serum in your production pile. You don't if the research completes on a weekend.

Take the serum from the production pile, talk to Stephanie about research upgrade, (you need an actual serum to complete the upgrade.) Now research the new, bigger serum production method.

By that point your funds are probably starting to run out, so instead of helping Stephanie, try to make a few batches of serum and sell them, that should keep you in the black until she researches the new production and a second trait (pick whatever's most expensive) if the balance looks good, start hiring people. With the mod, you can hire random townies
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Which is actually a good deal as you can small-talk them about their likes/dislikes first (but then, the mod lets you to adjust those later anyway.)

Once you have your basic profitable serum, watch the salaries/daily profits and expand as you see fit, the "not getting bankrupt" part should be easy now, and you can concentrate on the lewd stuff. ;)

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

There were no disposable characters displayed in LR1, I'll give you that. I know how difficult it can be, I'm actively helping another dev with a project using Illusion assets, specifically Sexy Beach Premium Resort, but the concept and the work in general is the same. This project also has multiple clothing options, though no mixing and matching, no different hairs. There's a few things. It's all doable using Illusion assets, it's just tedious. However, it is well worth the effort. If he can't or won't at least fix the LR1 characters, he should remove them as the inability to tell that it's the same character is a major issue, bigger than the randomized characters not looking so good even.

Well, how about you then make prettier models? It's much easier than making whole game. Make a Mod for Lab Rats 2:

"Not-Fugly-Lab Rat 2-Models-by-Alex2011".

Just UnRen Lab Rats 2 first to see how many pictures you need for one pretty face and start making beauty. You'll get a lot of respect for doing prettier models. And Modders of Lab Rats 2 are more than happy to help with coding part of mod...
Once again, why waste my time doing that, it won't make any changes here. Modding is great and all, but then you have to go through the tedium of fixing it every time the actual game's dev breaks compatibility.

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
There were no disposable characters displayed in LR1, I'll give you that. I know how difficult it can be, I'm actively helping another dev with a project using Illusion assets, specifically Sexy Beach Premium Resort, but the concept and the work in general is the same. This project also has multiple clothing options, though no mixing and matching, no different hairs. There's a few things. It's all doable using Illusion assets, it's just tedious. However, it is well worth the effort. If he can't or won't at least fix the LR1 characters, he should remove them as the inability to tell that it's the same character is a major issue, bigger than the randomized characters not looking so good even.
First of all, kudos for actually being actively involved into another project. Most people criticising games here cannot claim to be actually involved to any creative processes, so here's a tip of my hat.
Having voiced my honest feeling of respect, I none the less need to state this: it seems to me you choose to ignore the point made by boblicticious (and me, though he put it way more eloquently and to the point as I am able) for the sake of your arguement.
You say it is possible to do it using Illusion's software, it merely being tedious. While, ah, _technically_ true, it is still not even remotely feasible if you consider the factor of time and data space involved, even if you do it only for the five of them, as shown when bob pointed out the math.
Also, even if Vren choose to render the LR1 characters with HoneySelect/SexyBeach3/PlayHome etc., they would look completely out of place compared to the procedurally generated other NPCs, so I really prefer them to be made from the same assets as the rest of the girls.
Now allow me to point out something else. No insult intended. What makes me frown is the way you post your thoughts about the attractiveness (or lack thereof) of the models in the game. You (and a good amount of others) write that 'they're ugly'. Not that 'I think they're ugly' or 'In my personal opinion they're ugly'. You state it as fact, not opinion. This implies that you do not respect other people's (like mine) opinions that they're nice/not that bad/beautifull.
It is the same way when you write about what Vren SHOULD do. You never write that *you believe* that the game would be improved if Vren did it another way, every single time (except I missed some exception) you basically write "he's doing it wrong, it is only good if he does it like I say."
My apology in advance, but I consider this quite, well, arrogant.

Once again, why waste my time doing that, it won't make any changes here. Modding is great and all, but then you have to go through the tedium of fixing it every time the actual game's dev breaks compatibility.
Speaking of arrogance - are you really writing here that basically a dev should abide to YOUR whims and rules to create his/her work so you don't need to bother to update your add-ins to work with updated releases? Surely you can't be serious.

Last edited:

depechedNode

Oct 10, 2017
Let's voice a different opinion, mine, maybe some others' too. I like the girls in this game, some are pretty, some are not that pretty, but that's a good thing, makes the game more realistic. I like to corrupt all type of women, fat, slim, flat, busty, pretty, ugly, etc and fill my harem. I don't want to stuck with models all look like ultra high fashion models or dolls, it's boring, most games are like that. I need and want variety.

IMO what Vren must do is to increase women variety by adding at least three-four more different base models and their variations. Then I can play this great game at least 20 or more times (currently replayed 6-7 times I guess).

This is one of my favourite games (actual games) alongside with Stationmaster and Time Loop Hunter. These three games have something in common; complex structures, high replay values, very smart and talented devs.

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
What would be the best/recomended serum design to corrupt the girls?
Depends on where you are at research - the most powerfull serum is possible when you have all the traits available from Nora's assignments. This is the 'endgame' serum, however, so basically see to it that you give them serums that increase happiness, obedience and sluttiness when the serum traits become researched/available. Otherwise, just see what traits do and create serum for specific purposes, like raising happiness for specific employees or such.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes