dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Hey I just wanted to say thanks to you guys posting your advice in the thread for beginning the game. I found the game a little daunting at first in the serum research and business management mechanics and so I put it on the shelf until just recently, and your quick-start guides helped me get over the learning curve hump I was getting stuck on the first time and I've begun branching out and properly understanding how to play.

Reactions: srksrk 68

djustmie

Nov 5, 2017
yes thanx again , both off you

i did not restart , but i did followed a lot off your advises
got girls hired on every post and i make progress in every front
(only after i followed a strict but little differnet stramien what was like this
day 1 buy supplies , all day long
day 2 buy supplies all day long
day 3 buy supplies all day long
than i had about 200 supplies
day 4 produce all day long
day 5produce all day long and sale
day 6 sale and order supplies
etc etc etc
until i reached a goal 1000€ and than i got 3 girls hired
and followed the path you had puzzled out for me

also i got an ivestor for 6000€ and spent that money on buisness polices
for now
uniform polocies got the first3
recruitment pol got the first 5
serum batchsize improvement nr 1

but maybe another dumb question , when can i order my first pieces of clothin , cause now it seems all empty

i gonna give you another save file to look for yourself but dont laugh or mock me pls ;-)

thnx to you guys i understand a bit more and that was my goal before i would want to make a complete new fresh restart

Reactions: srksrk 68

Leobbb

May 24, 2019
You have to design outfits first using the "outfit manager" button, but make sure not to exceed sluttiness limit for the policy you have. Then you can set that outfit as corporate using "manage employee uniforms" in the main office. With what you have now you can only set overwear type uniforms, meaning girls will be free to choose their own underwear.

Also you really need more profitable serums, you barely break even. Do not underestimate traits that allow to fit more on smaller serums, like high capacity design (available quite early) or aunty potential(late game). This way you can have high profit on serums that are fast to produce and require low amount of supply. See this for an example of what can be done on primitive base and it's far from the best possible:
1.jpg

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
All true, but i did't wabt to put too much into my post.

Except:there are good reasons to keep serums with side effects, e. g. if you only want to sell them, or if you plan to research by interacting with a test person. This applies for all Nora traits for instance.
OK, yeah, I was a bit zealous without being 100% clear - I was thinking T1 and T2 stuff. Until you are dealing with the intriguing stuff Nora offers (or can offer), there's no real point to side effects.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
You have to design outfits first using the "outfit manager" button, but make sure not to exceed sluttiness limit for the policy you have. Then you can set that outfit as corporate using "manage employee uniforms" in the main office. With what you have now you can only set overwear type uniforms, meaning girls will be free to choose their own underwear.

Also you really need more profitable serums, you barely break even. Do not underestimate traits that allow to fit more on smaller serums, like high capacity design (available quite early) or aunty potential(late game). This way you can have high profit on serums that are fast to produce and require low amount of supply. See this for an example of what can be done on primitive base and it's far from the best possible:
View attachment 623480
Damn, I never researched the early +1 trait property because at that time I thought the -1 turn was a crippling downside because I thought the turns were turns in the sex scene, not time periods. But now that I've played the game I've realized just how non-issue the actual duration can be, especially for a cash-cow product. Combined with my newfound understanding of the potential of that low, low production cost, I think I need to restart and play completely differently. Thanks!

I just wish I had better fashion and color sense. I can't design a good-looking outfit to save my life.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
So I have a question about how the game generates characters. Does it generate new candidates when you hire, or does it just pull them from the pool of 'townies' who appear in the various locations? Reloading to do hiring, I've gotten some characters who appear to be completely static (same name, appearance, and clothing) and have appeared in multiple games, and then there was one I hired in a previous game who has never appeared in my current one, to my dismay.

Trollden

Aug 8, 2017
So I have a question about how the game generates characters. Does it generate new candidates when you hire, or does it just pull them from the pool of 'townies' who appear in the various locations? Reloading to do hiring, I've gotten some characters who appear to be completely static (same name, appearance, and clothing) and have appeared in multiple games, and then there was one I hired in a previous game who has never appeared in my current one, to my dismay.
It uses the make_person() function which dictates that there's a 20% chance of it pulling a "pre-made" character from the get_premade_character() function / list.
Non- premade characters (the 80%) are then generated through create_random_person(), which means entirely new characters.

The pre-made characters are defined in the generate_premade_list() function in the file random_lists.rpy

Looks like there are only three characters right now: Dinah Midari, Kentra (supposed to be Kendra) Rivera and Paige Sallow.

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
OK, yeah, I was a bit zealous without being 100% clear - I was thinking T1 and T2 stuff. Until you are dealing with the intriguing stuff Nora offers (or can offer), there's no real point to side effects.
As i said, side effects are tolerable because you can advance traits by interacting with persons who are under their influence.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Thanks Trollden

I've seen those three, and also had a Sylvia Weissfeldt appear across multiple games, who actually has pretty good stats.

mahdiyar

Oct 11, 2018
guys i have a question about this event.
when we work in office one of the employe from prodaction and she say they hot in there.
when this event show?

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
OK, I admit - I can't figure it out this time:

How do you turn the person_info_ui screen back on when you hover over a name in a list? The hint from March 9 doesn't appear to be working anymore, nor my old hacks.

I wish this would stop being changed, its removal is highly annoying.

DaMatt

Feb 6, 2018
OK, I admit - I can't figure it out this time:

How do you turn the person_info_ui screen back on when you hover over a name in a list? The hint from March 9 doesn't appear to be working anymore, nor my old hacks.

I wish this would stop being changed, its removal is highly annoying.
I can only tell how to re-enable it in the modded version. I added in enhanced_main_choice_display.rpy, line 96:
Python:
        renpy.show_screen( "person_info_ui", item.return_value)
You could do something similar in the vanilla game to the main_choice_display screen.

Cheers
Matt

tyuiasdf

Mar 5, 2020
This is a really great game that gets better every month.

Since the game is a bit of a sandbox, I think that one way the game could feel more alive is to introduce a mechanic where the dialogue is a little less deterministic. Right now it seems like the responses are hard-coded to certain stats so if stat X is >70 the girl will always say the same thing.

I think it would be more fun if there was a fuzzy logic system where certain statements are tied to certain stats, but there is an element of randomness to what ultimately gets chosen. So if a girl has high love, she is more likely to choose among the high love responses, but also might choose a more neutral response sometimes.

I also think that one could create a synonym system for certain loaded words. For example, a girl with low stats might say “breasts”, or “bosom”, whereas a girl with high stats might choose more titillating language for the same part. One could also include adjectives here... so she might occasionally add, say... natural, fake, big, small, tiny, huge, new, brand new etc. when describing herself using the same system. One would simply replace the word “breasts” with a function that generates a custom statement each time.

And what the heck... since I’m making suggestions, it would be cool if the plastic surgery option was expanded to include things like body and face changes (just cycling through existing assets).

And it would also be fun if the girl made reference to her physical/mental changes in future dialogue... does she like the new her? Does she want to change more?

One could even imagine a “sexy_opinions” value for ”plastic surgery” where she is excited or upset about the changes.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
re: less deterministic dialog... I dunno man, I feel like the game (at least the way I play it) is rollbacky and save-scummy enough already as I'm not completely versed in its systems yet. Introducing uncertainty would make me question what I think I've learned about the game and ultimately create frustration when all I want is a good fap.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
So is there a resource somewhere, like a wiki, where some of the deeper mechanics are discussed? Like what is the full chain of serum traits, both base game and mod-added; has someone made a visual research tree? What are the things that influence some of the events firing; like I noticed the NTR events occurring more frequently earlier in my game - is that influenced by happiness, love, obedience? What are the actual formulas for employee performance at each job; I know the FAQ in the game lists the main and secondary stats, but I'd like to also be able to see or at least calculate my own numbers.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
So is there a resource somewhere, like a wiki, where some of the deeper mechanics are discussed? Like what is the full chain of serum traits, both base game and mod-added; has someone made a visual research tree? What are the things that influence some of the events firing; like I noticed the NTR events occurring more frequently earlier in my game - is that influenced by happiness, love, obedience? What are the actual formulas for employee performance at each job; I know the FAQ in the game lists the main and secondary stats, but I'd like to also be able to see or at least calculate my own numbers.
The simple answer to all questions in one go is: No there isnt.
Vren is still changing quite a few things in the core mechanics at times which makes creating a wiki useless at this stage.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
The simple answer to all questions in one go is: No there isnt.
Vren is still changing quite a few things in the core mechanics at times which makes creating a wiki useless at this stage.
Ah well, thanks. Guess I'll have to muddle through figuring it out.

tyuiasdf

Mar 5, 2020
re: less deterministic dialog... I dunno man, I feel like the game (at least the way I play it) is rollbacky and save-scummy enough already as I'm not completely versed in its systems yet. Introducing uncertainty would make me question what I think I've learned about the game and ultimately create frustration when all I want is a good fap.
Regarding rollbacks, I would recommend enabling the console and using that to circumvent the bugs.

For example, the crash screen might say “no such thing as player.mnoey“ so you can rollback one step, open the console, and type “player.mnoey=100” and continue on your merry way.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Regarding rollbacks, I would recommend enabling the console and using that to circumvent the bugs.

For example, the crash screen might say “no such thing as player.mnoey“ so you can rollback one step, open the console, and type “player.mnoey=100” and continue on your merry way.
Better yet, note the file and line and post it in the mod/bugfix thread so it can be permanently fixed for everyone.

Reactions: dalzomo
3.40 star(s) 127 Votes