a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
As a follow up, I cannot make any progress with research. I have Stephanie and another employee in there, and it's always 0 progress. Even when I am there working also.
If you screw up on a cheat and get red writing in the cheat console you broke the game and will need to either go back to just before that happen or restart a new game.

There maybe a way to fix it but I have no idea how.

BuD_Clow

Aug 20, 2018
Can someone explain to me what's the Mastery Level for? I know it's related to how much you have researched the trait, but does the Mastery Level influences anything?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Can someone explain to me what's the Mastery Level for? I know it's related to how much you have researched the trait, but does the Mastery Level influences anything?
The higher it is the lower the chance of side effects.

That's the only difference I see in it.

Apr 21, 2018
As a follow up, I cannot make any progress with research. I have Stephanie and another employee in there, and it's always 0 progress. Even when I am there working also.
Are you using the mod? There's a policy there called "sale research capacity" or whatever, which will result in 0 progress.
Side effect chance reduction.

Reactions: Me1234
Apr 21, 2018
What I don't get is that I can still increase Mastery Level even with 0% Side Effect Chance
In script.py
Python:
self.mastery_level = 1.0 #The amount of experience the MC has with this serum. Divide base side effect chance by mastery level to get effective side effect chance.
So if your trait has a base side effect chance of 200(%) and a mastery level of 100, you get a 2% chance of side effect. That 200 btw is from the high capcity design trait. Some have higher, some lower, doesn't matter, you get to keep adding to the mastery level.
There's a function that casts the result to int so the game always rounds down, assuming the game uses that function to trigger side effects, you can stop once you reach 0%.

BuD_Clow

Aug 20, 2018
In script.py
Python:
self.mastery_level = 1.0 #The amount of experience the MC has with this serum. Divide base side effect chance by mastery level to get effective side effect chance.
So if your trait has a base side effect chance of 200(%) and a mastery level of 100, you get a 2% chance of side effect. That 200 btw is from the high capcity design trait. Some have higher, some lower, doesn't matter, you get to keep adding to the mastery level.
There's a function that casts the result to int so the game always rounds down, assuming the game uses that function to trigger side effects, you can stop once you reach 0%.
Now I get it, thanks

MahBah

Jul 13, 2017
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but in the newest version the employees don't return to work after giving birth.

As much fun as it is to walk through the empty work places knowing my character has knocked up everyone, I would like to know if someone has already fixed the bug, and is ready to share the solution with me.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
how to get research points?
You go to R&D and chose the research option.

Now if your talking about raising your skill then click here Lab_Rats_2_Mod 2020-10-23 19-40-01-83.jpg and look at what you need to do for the next skill point. Lab_Rats_2_Mod 2020-10-23 19-40-04-18.jpg

RedAnime

Mar 22, 2019
I really like the first one and I'm exited for the full release of this one but can someone tell me how much of the game is finished? Like how much on a scale of 1 to 10. Like can I get a couple hours of gameplay out of the current version?

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
Like can I get a couple hours of gameplay out of the current version?
Can't factually answer that about the base game from any recent personal experience (haven't played without the mod for a while now), but with the mod there's tons of gameplay.

Though I strongly suspect it'd still take hours even without it to unlock all the serum research and turn the whole town into pliable sex toys or whatnot. On that subject, I do wish Obedience and Love weren't so strictly linear measures as far as the game is concerned. Wouldn't mind seeing a decent implementation of "Free-Spirited" character personalities taking initiative (not just in sex scenes), at the least.

In any case, yes, you should absolutely get a couple of hours of gameplay even from the base game, but can't think of any particular gameplay reason not to start with the modded version in the first place - much more content in multiple areas.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedAnime

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I really like the first one and I'm exited for the full release of this one but can someone tell me how much of the game is finished? Like how much on a scale of 1 to 10. Like can I get a couple hours of gameplay out of the current version?
No road map is known to anyone but the dev, at least that is how it seems to me.

There is a hell of a lot of content and many hours of play as it is but make sure you get the bug fixes from the bug fix/mod thread if you want to play vanilla, it fixes a lot of the bugs faster than the dev gets them fixed.

If you like to use mods then get the mod for this game because it adds even more content and many more hours of play to the game.

Reactions: RedAnime

weedman4251

Oct 10, 2017
Is Nora missing for anyone else? I can still turn in research but she doesn't show up at the university, it's just Lily and Emily there

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
Is Nora missing for anyone else? I can still turn in research but she doesn't show up at the university, it's just Lily and Emily there
Is it the weekend? She's there only during weekdays, IIRC.

Haven't found her disappeared during "business hours" so far, though I'm playing with the most recent developer branch of both bugfix and mod depos.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes