LokiSalmon

Jul 7, 2017
I honestly think the lack of cross-version save compatibility has a lot to do with why there are so many bugs. Unless you have some very extensive cheat mods set up, it can take hours to get to the point of the game where you're able to test new content. Very few people actually want to put in that kind of effort repeatedly on a volunteer basis.

Reactions: littlewolvie

Selek

Aug 1, 2019
No real change to the models. As I posted earlier, I personally like a lot of the models, but some of the faces definitely are meh. For me, that makes the prettier models stand out more, so I don't really mind.

He may eventually revisit the models, but not soon. I have no idea if it's moddable.

Also, he has added more clothing options, and those are very appealing to me.

Reactions: The Grifter

Makasi

May 12, 2018
I have no idea. I haven't seen that or any error like it since the update to 33.3. All I can recommend is extract 33.3 anew into a fresh folder and try again - maybe even starting a new game if you're using a save from before the update. If it keeps occurring, maybe someone with more programming knowledge than me will help.

The photo that error log appears to be missing is in stand2.rpa, which should be in the "game" folder along with the other .rpa files just FYI.
Thanks for the extra info. I've started a new game with 0.33.3 and the file you mention is there... the .rpa files are there... but not sure why it's not working with those...

Edit:

OK, did some more digging, reapplied the 'patch', but got the errors from using the 'region.__' issue... played around with it a little and managed to apply the fix and figure out another one to the code. Seems good now...

I think I was misapplying an older fix (uncommenting older code) which I'd seen elsewhere.

Thanks again for the help dalzomo. It pointed me in a direction to fix the issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: dalzomo

Minoin

Jan 16, 2018
Is there event in mc.business.mandatory_morning_crises_list? If not and there body didn't change or something broke. Here how to force it.
call pregnant_transform( {Person Object} )
Or if you find it in crises list
{Crises Object}.call_action()
Ex
mc.business.mandatory_morning_crises_list[69].call_action()
Thanks UnknownPokemon! They were not in the crisis list, so I tried to call the pregnant transform. The syntax you gave didn't work but I managed to find the correct syntax:
call pregnant_transform(the_person)
This worked: I can restore the belly... yay! :love:
And once you do this it starts triggering the 'announce belly' events that were absent before, so it seems to be back on track.

I can't seem to load your save in V33.3, or in bug fixes. What version are you using? Any mods?
Oh, my bad; I thought I wrote the version, but I see that I hadn't.
I'm using 0.32.2-pc version with the Mod and Bugfix

It's nice to progress with the game and learn the inner workings of RenPy at the same time. Thank again,
Minoin!

"GHOST"

Dec 17, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 10600, in script call
    call talk_person(picked_option) from _call_talk_person
  File "game/script.rpy", line 10718, in script call
    call talk_person(the_person) from _call_talk_person_1 #If we're in the same place and time hasn't advanced keep talking to them until we stop talking on purpose.
    call talk_person(the_person) from _call_talk_person_1 #If we're in the same place and time hasn't advanced keep talking to them until we stop talking on purpose.
  File "game/script.rpy", line 10715, in script call
    $ _return.call_action()
  File "game/chat_actions.rpy", line 582, in script call
    $ the_person.call_dialogue("flirt_response_high")
  File "game/personality_types/special_personalities/bimbo_personality.rpy", line 496, in script call
    call fuck_person(the_person, start_position = kissing, skip_intro = True) from _call_fuck_person_56
  File "game/sex_mechanics.rpy", line 222, in script call
    call sex_description(the_person, position_choice, object_choice, private = private, report_log = report_log) from _call_sex_description
  File "game/sex_mechanics.rpy", line 488, in script
    $ the_position.redraw_scene(the_person)
  File "game/sex_mechanics.rpy", line 488, in <module>
  File "game/script.rpy", line 6420, in redraw_scene
    the_person.draw_person(self.position_tag, emotion = emotion, special_modifier = self.current_modifier, the_animation = position_animation, animation_effect_strength = the_animation_speed)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2388, in draw_person
    character_image = self.build_person_displayable(position, emotion, special_modifier, lighting, background_fill)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2211, in build_person_displayable
    displayable_list.extend(self.outfit.generate_draw_list(self,position,emotion,special_modifier, lighting = lighting)) #Get the displayables for everything we wear. Note that extnsions do not return anything because they have nothing to show.
  File "game/script.rpy", line 5261, in generate_draw_list
    ordered_displayables.append(item.generate_item_displayable(body_type, tit_size, position, lighting = lighting, regions_constrained = currently_constrained_regions, nipple_wetness = nipple_wetness))
  File "game/script.rpy", line 4917, in generate_item_displayable
    region_mask = region.generate_raw_image(body_type, tit_size, position)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'region' referenced before assignment

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 10600, in script call
    call talk_person(picked_option) from _call_talk_person
  File "game/script.rpy", line 10715, in script call
    $ _return.call_action()
  File "game/chat_actions.rpy", line 582, in script call
    $ the_person.call_dialogue("flirt_response_high")
  File "game/personality_types/special_personalities/bimbo_personality.rpy", line 496, in script call
    call fuck_person(the_person, start_position = kissing, skip_intro = True) from _call_fuck_person_56
  File "game/sex_mechanics.rpy", line 222, in script call
    call sex_description(the_person, position_choice, object_choice, private = private, report_log = report_log) from _call_sex_description
  File "game/sex_mechanics.rpy", line 488, in script
  File "E:\New folder (8)\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "E:\New folder (8)\Lab_Rats_2-v0.33.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/sex_mechanics.rpy", line 488, in <module>
  File "game/script.rpy", line 6420, in redraw_scene
    the_person.draw_person(self.position_tag, emotion = emotion, special_modifier = self.current_modifier, the_animation = position_animation, animation_effect_strength = the_animation_speed)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2388, in draw_person
    character_image = self.build_person_displayable(position, emotion, special_modifier, lighting, background_fill)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2211, in build_person_displayable
    displayable_list.extend(self.outfit.generate_draw_list(self,position,emotion,special_modifier, lighting = lighting)) #Get the displayables for everything we wear. Note that extnsions do not return anything because they have nothing to show.
  File "game/script.rpy", line 5261, in generate_draw_list
    ordered_displayables.append(item.generate_item_displayable(body_type, tit_size, position, lighting = lighting, regions_constrained = currently_constrained_regions, nipple_wetness = nipple_wetness))
  File "game/script.rpy", line 4917, in generate_item_displayable
    region_mask = region.generate_raw_image(body_type, tit_size, position)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'region' referenced before assignment

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.33.3
Fri Oct 16 21:28:59 2020

Minoin

Jan 16, 2018
Is there event in mc.business.mandatory_morning_crises_list? If not and there body didn't change or something broke. Here how to force it.
call pregnant_transform( {Person Object} )
Or if you find it in crises list
{Crises Object}.call_action()
Ex
mc.business.mandatory_morning_crises_list[69].call_action()
Aannd, another update UnknownPokemon ... When the girls go to full term, the label/command
"pregnant_finish(the_person)"
goes into a loop and you keep getting the message "Hey, good news! Two days ago I had a beautiful, healthy baby girl! I'll be coming back to work today.".
the belly doesn't go away and the message keeps being sent to you. The girls also do not appear where they normally would be (work, bar, hair salon, etc), but I assume this is because they are scheduled to stay home until the belly is gone (this happened to another girl who was pregnant since the start of game and where everything went with no problem)
If I try to use the command 'call pregnant_finish(the_person)' in the console, the message is once again triggered, and when you speak to the girl she repeats the 'belly announce' message. The belly is of course still visible.
Is there another pregnancy stop command or crises list purge that I need to invoke?

The pregnancy stop should be in this code I guess, but I can't find the command to make it stop.
Code:
def pregnant_finish_announce_person(person):
        person.event_triggers_dict["preg_old_schedule"] = person.schedule.copy() #Take a shallow copy so we can change their current schedule to nothing
        person.set_schedule([0,1,2,3,4], person.home)

preg_finish_action = Action("Pregnancy Finish", preg_finish_requirement, "pregnant_finish", args = person, requirement_args = [person, day + renpy.random.randint(4,7)])
        mc.business.mandatory_morning_crises_list.append(preg_finish_action)
        return
Thanks again!,
Minoin!

ps: I do not know if it's relevant, but I used the pregnancy accelerator potion

Last edited:

Zimbolical

Dec 23, 2016
I am stuck on insta pic for mom and sis, did the initial group pic plus the friendlier decision. Sis told me more cash mom being more nude and I replied that I will ask. What to do from here.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I am stuck on insta pic for mom and sis, did the initial group pic plus the friendlier decision. Sis told me more cash mom being more nude and I replied that I will ask. What to do from here.
Just like in the mod thread there does not seems to be any content for that yet, maybe in a later update there will be.

mistwolf_2k

May 18, 2020
So I am running into an issue with the pregnancies. It seems that once the belly develops it generates the below error. For an employee I can ignore through it. But with the sister it goes endlessly.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I just noticed that it is still showing 0.33.2 in the traceback. I did install the 0.33.3 patch, but I am assuming it will only work on a new save.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
So I am running into an issue with the pregnancies. It seems that once the belly develops it generates the below error. For an employee I can ignore through it. But with the sister it goes endlessly.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I just noticed that it is still showing 0.33.2 in the traceback. I did install the 0.33.3 patch, but I am assuming it will only work on a new save.
The 0.33.3 patch is for 0.33.3 and not 0.33.2, you need to download .3 and then apply the patch.

Reactions: mistwolf_2k

mistwolf_2k

May 18, 2020
*sigh* Thanks for the clarification.
Yup, even after updating to 0.33.3 and applying the patch I am still getting the same error. It applies mainly to the sister as you can ignore through the first issue and then it pops up again and ignoring just keeps the error open. I tried it in her bedroom and also at the University.

Jun 20, 2017
Aannd, another update UnknownPokemon ... When the girls go to full term, the label/command
"pregnant_finish(the_person)"
goes into a loop and you keep getting the message "Hey, good news! Two days ago I had a beautiful, healthy baby girl! I'll be coming back to work today.".
the belly doesn't go away and the message keeps being sent to you. The girls also do not appear where they normally would be (work, bar, hair salon, etc), but I assume this is because they are scheduled to stay home until the belly is gone (this happened to another girl who was pregnant since the start of game and where everything went with no problem)
If I try to use the command 'call pregnant_finish(the_person)' in the console, the message is once again triggered, and when you speak to the girl she repeats the 'belly announce' message. The belly is of course still visible.
Is there another pregnancy stop command or crises list purge that I need to invoke?

The pregnancy stop should be in this code I guess, but I can't find the command to make it stop.
Code:
def pregnant_finish_announce_person(person):
        person.event_triggers_dict["preg_old_schedule"] = person.schedule.copy() #Take a shallow copy so we can change their current schedule to nothing
        person.set_schedule([0,1,2,3,4], person.home)

preg_finish_action = Action("Pregnancy Finish", preg_finish_requirement, "pregnant_finish", args = person, requirement_args = [person, day + renpy.random.randint(4,7)])
        mc.business.mandatory_morning_crises_list.append(preg_finish_action)
        return
Thanks again!,
Minoin!

ps: I do not know if it's relevant, but I used the pregnancy accelerator potion
The schedule is a bug. This is due to the python default shallow and deep copy is not enough. In the bug fixes mod this was fixed.
Sounds to be your game bugged and multiple pregnancy are somehow active for one person. I just recommend killing all pregnancys. But there no fix for there schedule once pregnant_finish_announce_person is called on them unless you change it yourself.
To remove pregnancys. On each pregnant person do.
person.event_triggers_dict["preg_old_schedule"] = person.schedule
call pregnant_finish_person(person)
now do
for event_index, event_crisis in enumerate(mc.business.mandatory_morning_crises_list):
print(event_crisis.name + " is at Index " + event_index)
for every pregnancy event do
del mc.business.mandatory_morning_crises_list[x]
Start from highest to lowest. Index numbers change when you edit the list.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Minoin

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
With the MC being the father I thought this was funny. Lab_Rats_2_Mod 2020-10-16 21-34-10-15.jpg

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I honestly think the lack of cross-version save compatibility has a lot to do with why there are so many bugs. Unless you have some very extensive cheat mods set up, it can take hours to get to the point of the game where you're able to test new content. Very few people actually want to put in that kind of effort repeatedly on a volunteer basis.
It's actually the reason for the lack of save compatibility that is also the reason for so many bugs. Vren is changing the core of the game every single update. More mechanics or changes to mechanics are more likely to cause bugs than adding events, though events are still a potential cause as well. What events don't alter is the ability to save, unlike the core. If the core is altered, the save must be as well to be usable.

Have they updated the models in this at all? I haven't played in like 10 versions, but I remember them being... not the best looking
No real change to the models. As I posted earlier, I personally like a lot of the models, but some of the faces definitely are meh. For me, that makes the prettier models stand out more, so I don't really mind.

He may eventually revisit the models, but not soon. I have no idea if it's moddable.

Also, he has added more clothing options, and those are very appealing to me.
He's added things like new faces that aren't as bad, but almost outright refuses to change the models of the carried over characters from LR1, which are the biggest model based issue by quite a large margin. I say almost because he hasn't actually said no to the idea, only that it isn't happening at this time, which leaves the possibility open. I sincerely hope he takes that opportunity, especially with the carried over characters from LR1 to make them more imilar to how they should appear so they at least resemble themselves.

Reactions: Jaxter
3.40 star(s) 127 Votes