left1000

Sep 13, 2020
Given small talk love gain is capped at 20 and flirt is capped at 25 I guess that means you are reliant on dates to raise love up.
Well, that kind of fucked seriously if you think about it.
That means you have to take a period out of each work day at noon to raise women up.
The only other chance is Tuesday and Friday nights which would mean raising them up now is going to be extremely slow.
He needs to come up with more date opportunities for each night that you can go on without planning in advance and not care if you already had another date planned that week.

You can't rely on groping or sex at this point because in most cases with love this low it just will drive you back out of love and you won't get any place. It will be a constant cycle that repeats.
It only takes roughly two lunches to never care about love again, also if you compliment your employees daily that gives love. In the mod small talk is +2 not +4 but isn't capped at 20. As in, they came up with an alternate nerf to small talk because small talk was OP, although I agree this nerf is maybe not the best one, higher cap, but worse effectiveness is maybe the smarter nerf, but if you want that nerf go play the mod?

bloodbus

Sep 30, 2020
Given small talk love gain is capped at 20 and flirt is capped at 25 I guess that means you are reliant on dates to raise love up.
Well, that kind of fucked seriously if you think about it.
That means you have to take a period out of each work day at noon to raise women up.
The only other chance is Tuesday and Friday nights which would mean raising them up now is going to be extremely slow.
He needs to come up with more date opportunities for each night that you can go on without planning in advance and not care if you already had another date planned that week.

You can't rely on groping or sex at this point because in most cases with love this low it just will drive you back out of love and you won't get any place. It will be a constant cycle that repeats.
You can take anyone out to a lunch date when they have 20 love. I think that might also have a love cap. Plus if you play your cards right from the beginning you can just ignore work after a couple recruitment upgrades

LRKXXV

Apr 26, 2017
I got a error twice, fortunately i could go on clicking on ignore, but just to report:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This happens also with the unofficial bugfix but only with any sitting character (you're getting it with a standing character), meaning you can't access any sitting character for interactions. The bug has to do with the zip archive system for pictures. Vren, once again, has done some sloppy coding with a new function...

I don't know enough of python to fix it myself.

Reactions: Silver1

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
I haven't experienced this bug yet but I think someone posted a fix for it upthread.

in command_descriptions.rpy line 555 I fixed this by changing "removes_shoes" to "remove_shoes", which should end up reading
Code:
    call naked_strip_description(the_person, remove_shoes = remove_shoes) from _call_naked_strip_description
Wow this fix works!!!! THANKS!!!

I got another bug, any chance you know how to fix this doozy too?

Reactions: dalzomo

ralph088

Oct 20, 2017
Not sure what you mean - the number of slots you can put traits into, or producing researched serum?
I think i figured it out...thanks a lot . By the way do you know if the4 models currently used are the final version or stop gaps? I was wondering as they seem to be variations of the same one , whereas in lab rats 1 , there was a clear difference between models...like sister being younger female, and nora and mom to be older females...will that also happen here?

TurboShark

Jan 14, 2018
I think i figured it out...thanks a lot . By the way do you know if the4 models currently used are the final version or stop gaps? I was wondering as they seem to be variations of the same one , whereas in lab rats 1 , there was a clear difference between models...like sister being younger female, and nora and mom to be older females...will that also happen here?
The first Lab Rats was done with Honey Select models. Lab Rats 2 is made with Daz models due to how each new person is generated and handled by the game. They are what they are and I would assume will never change. If I recall correctly, the mod adds some more variation, but not a whole lot.

ralph088

Oct 20, 2017
The first Lab Rats was done with Honey Select models. Lab Rats 2 is made with Daz models due to how each new person is generated and handled by the game. They are what they are and I would assume will never change. If I recall correctly, the mod adds some more variation, but not a whole lot.
I see, thanks for the reply...It just felt weird when sister and mother looks almost same age, but no issues

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
Share it and even if I don't, someone else might.

Whoops I MEANT TO SHARE the bug and I just never hit paste after copy pasting!!

Anyways.... this is a bug caused and related to punishments and infractions and such:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 10930, in script call
    call advance_time from _call_advance_time_15
  File "game/script.rpy", line 11606, in script call
    $ the_crisis.call_action()
  File "game/crises/crises.rpy", line 1898, in script
    $ the_person.add_infraction(Infraction.inappropriate_behaviour_factory())
  File "game/crises/crises.rpy", line 1898, in <module>
  File "game/script.rpy", line 3552, in add_infraction
    mc.log_event(display_name + " committed infraction: " + the_infraction.name + ", Severity " + str(the_infraction.severity), "float_text_grey")
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'name'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "V:\Lab_Rats_2-v0.35.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 922, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "V:\Lab_Rats_2-v0.35.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
    mc.log_event(display_name + " committed infraction: " + the_infraction.name + ", Severity " + str(the_infraction.severity), "float_text_grey")

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.35.1
Thu Dec 10 23:45:59 2020

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Whoops I MEANT TO SHARE the bug and I just never hit paste after copy pasting!!

Anyways.... this is a bug caused and related to punishments and infractions and such:

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Thu Dec 10 23:45:59 2020
I think this is caused by a missing line in script.rpy
After line 1537 add this whole line, and take care that its spacing matches the identical lines for the infractions above it:
Code:
            return Infraction(name, desc, severity, days_valid)
I'm not sure if it will retroactively fix it if you ignored past the initial error you got for that infraction

Reactions: hameleona

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
The sluttiness of mom , aunt and sis are way above 30 but i still cannot get them to strip . Please help
Do you mean you can't order them to strip via "command" or you just can't get them to take their clothes off during groping? If it's the former, stripping requires at least 130 Obedience for "to underwear" and "get tits out" and 160 for "get naked." If it's the latter, usually they'll break the associated taboos themselves if you get them horny enough so just keep molesting them. Once the taboo is broken it'll be easier for you to strip them later. It's harder to do sexual things with family because of the incest debuff to sluttiness.

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
I think this is caused by a missing line in script.rpy
After line 1537 add this whole line, and take care that its spacing matches the identical lines for the infractions above it:
Code:
            return Infraction(name, desc, severity, days_valid)
I'm not sure if it will retroactively fix it if you ignored past the initial error you got for that infraction
I rolled back that error and made other choices.

Another bug. I've seen this one before. But this time I got the error message to paste. This appears to be caused ANYTIME someone wants to tell you they're pregnant, the game checks if it was a miracle, which it definitely wasn't but something about the code checking the miracle is flawed:

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 10911, in script call
    $ picked_event[1].call_action(picked_event[0]) #Run the action with the person as an extra argument.
  File "game/game_roles/role_pregnant.rpy", line 63, in script
    $ was_immaculate = the_person.event_triggers_dict("immaculate_conception", False) # In case you manage to get someone pregnant without even fucking them!
  File "game/game_roles/role_pregnant.rpy", line 63, in <module>
    $ was_immaculate = the_person.event_triggers_dict("immaculate_conception", False) # In case you manage to get someone pregnant without even fucking them!
TypeError: 'RevertableDict' object is not callable

Full traceback:
    $ picked_event[1].call_action(picked_event[0]) #Run the action with the person as an extra argument.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Fri Dec 11 04:24:23 2020
then ignore, more dialogue, then 2nd part of what i assume is the same error:

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/game_roles/role_pregnant.rpy", line 73, in script
    if was_immaculate:
  File "game/game_roles/role_pregnant.rpy", line 73, in <module>
    if was_immaculate:
NameError: name 'was_immaculate' is not defined

Full traceback:
    if was_immaculate:
  File "V:\Lab_Rats_2-v0.35.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1840, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "V:\Lab_Rats_2-v0.35.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "V:\Lab_Rats_2-v0.35.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
    if was_immaculate:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Fri Dec 11 04:26:27 2020

then ignore...

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/game_roles/role_pregnant.rpy", line 139, in script
    if was_immaculate:
  File "game/game_roles/role_pregnant.rpy", line 139, in <module>
    if was_immaculate:

Full traceback:
    if was_immaculate:
    if was_immaculate:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Fri Dec 11 04:27:56 2020
given that I had to have 3 ignores... I might just load an earlier save and avoid jennifer mom forever.... or at least until you reply saying it's an easy fix or you don't know how to fix it....

thanks again!

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
I rolled back that error and made other choices.

Another bug. I've seen this one before. But this time I got the error message to paste. This appears to be caused ANYTIME someone wants to tell you they're pregnant, the game checks if it was a miracle, which it definitely wasn't but something about the code checking the miracle is flawed:

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Fri Dec 11 04:24:23 2020
then ignore, more dialogue, then 2nd part of what i assume is the same error:

Code:

While running game code:
    if was_immaculate:
    if was_immaculate:

Full traceback:
    if was_immaculate:
    if was_immaculate:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Fri Dec 11 04:26:27 2020

then ignore...

Code:

While running game code:
    if was_immaculate:
    if was_immaculate:

Full traceback:
    if was_immaculate:
    if was_immaculate:

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Fri Dec 11 04:27:56 2020
given that I had to have 3 ignores... I might just load an earlier save and avoid jennifer mom forever.... or at least until you reply saying it's an easy fix or you don't know how to fix it....

thanks again!
I haven't been able to test this myself, but I believe a fix for the immaculate bug was posted upthread a page or so ago. Just keep scrolling up or search the thread for "immaculate" - it shouldn't have too many hits since it was only added this update.

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
I haven't been able to test this myself, but I believe a fix for the immaculate bug was posted upthread a page or so ago. Just keep scrolling up or search the thread for "immaculate" - it shouldn't have too many hits since it was only added this update.
Actually I stupidly asked the same question wednesday, then forgot, and you replied, but you didn't have a solution, whoops, short term memory problem there for me.

edit:
nevermind here's the solution:

https://f95zone.to/threads/lab-rats-2-v0-35-1-vren.7260/page-276#post-4703887

had to search for preg not immaculate

Reactions: dalzomo

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
what does +1 pregnancy progress per day mean? it's the description on the tier2 research for pregnancy speed up.... but what +1 per day mean? serums have per turn effects.... does that mean if you're effected by it 24/7 the pregnancy is twice as fast? or 4 times as fast? or neither? is 1 pregnancy progress something other than 1 day's progress? is it 1week or 1 month or 1 trimester?

it's a little confusing, also, in order for a serum that has a per day or per night effect to take effect I assume it's turn counter has to last the entire day? or the entire night? or is just lasting for 1 turn out of the day or night enough?

Reactions: WaterRabbit

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
Another bug, anyone know how to fix this one? I'm not even sure what it's in reference too... I overheard a conversation and when I went to investigate I got this:

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/crises/relationship_crises.rpy", line 459, in script
    $ the_group.draw_group(person_one)
  File "game/crises/relationship_crises.rpy", line 459, in <module>
  File "game/script.rpy", line 3906, in draw_group
    self.draw_person(group_member, False, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 3888, in draw_person
    self.do_draw(the_person, Person.draw_person, make_primary, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 3965, in do_draw
    the_draw_method(the_person, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2462, in draw_person
    character_image = self.build_person_displayable(position, emotion, special_modifier, lighting, background_fill)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2276, in build_person_displayable
    x_size = position_size_dict.get(position)[0]
TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

Full traceback:
  File "game/crises/relationship_crises.rpy", line 459, in script
  File "game/crises/relationship_crises.rpy", line 459, in <module>
  File "game/script.rpy", line 3906, in draw_group
    self.draw_person(group_member, False, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 3965, in do_draw
    the_draw_method(the_person, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2462, in draw_person
    character_image = self.build_person_displayable(position, emotion, special_modifier, lighting, background_fill)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2276, in build_person_displayable
    x_size = position_size_dict.get(position)[0]
TypeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute '__getitem__'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Fri Dec 11 10:03:21 2020

Ignore once, progress conversation once, another error...

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/crises/relationship_crises.rpy", line 463, in script
    $ the_group.draw_person(person_two)
  File "game/crises/relationship_crises.rpy", line 463, in <module>
  File "game/script.rpy", line 3928, in do_draw
    self.draw_person(old_primary, make_primary = False, *last_args, **last_kwargs) #Redraw the character in their previous state, but now in the background.
TypeError: draw_person() got multiple values for keyword argument 'make_primary'

Full traceback:
  File "game/crises/relationship_crises.rpy", line 463, in script
  File "game/crises/relationship_crises.rpy", line 463, in <module>
  File "game/script.rpy", line 3928, in do_draw
    self.draw_person(old_primary, make_primary = False, *last_args, **last_kwargs) #Redraw the character in their previous state, but now in the background.
TypeError: draw_person() got multiple values for keyword argument 'make_primary'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Fri Dec 11 10:04:56 2020

I guess it's just missing typos or art the game seems to proceed fine past these.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes