Ikarius

Compressor
Nov 13, 2017
Lab Rats 2 [v0.36.1] [Vren] - Compressed

Original PC Size: 1.67 GB
Original MAC Size: 1.65 GB

Compressed PC Size: 811.0 MB
Compressed MAC Size: 794.2 MB

This compression is unofficial and may break the game.

mrcow2000

Dec 25, 2018
Doesn't open for me on mac big sur

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 13, in script
init -2 python:
File "game/script.rpy", line 25, in <module>
import shader
ImportError: ('Unable to load OpenGL library', 'dlopen(OpenGL, 10): image not found', 'OpenGL', None)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 13, in script
init -2 python:
File "/Users/jonathanwu73/Downloads/Lab_Rats_2-v0/Lab_Rats_2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/ast.py", line 922, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "/Users/jonathanwu73/Downloads/Lab_Rats_2-v0/Lab_Rats_2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/script.rpy", line 25, in <module>
import shader
File "/Users/jonathanwu73/Downloads/Lab_Rats_2-v0/Lab_Rats_2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/loader.py", line 754, in load_module
exec code in mod.__dict__
File "shader/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
File "/Users/jonathanwu73/Downloads/Lab_Rats_2-v0/Lab_Rats_2.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/renpy/loader.py", line 754, in load_module
File "shader/utils.py", line 8, in <module>
File "OpenGL/GL/__init__.py", line 3, in <module>
File "OpenGL/error.py", line 12, in <module>
File "OpenGL/platform/__init__.py", line 35, in <module>
File "OpenGL/platform/__init__.py", line 32, in _load
File "OpenGL/platform/baseplatform.py", line 92, in install
File "OpenGL/platform/baseplatform.py", line 14, in __get__
File "OpenGL/platform/darwin.py", line 62, in GetCurrentContext
File "OpenGL/platform/darwin.py", line 45, in CGL
File "OpenGL/platform/darwin.py", line 41, in GL
ImportError: ('Unable to load OpenGL library', 'dlopen(OpenGL, 10): image not found', 'OpenGL', None)

Darwin-20.2.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Fri Jan 8 14:50:50 2021

Cry about it

Aug 8, 2017
I don't know if this error was just on my phone. Or its really a problem with the apk

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 34, in <module>
MemoryError:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 13, in script
File "C:\Users\Danny\Desktop\Random Stuff\RPProject\renpy-7.3.5-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 922, in execute
File "renpy/python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
File "game/script.rpy", line 34, in <module>
File "renpy/exports.py", line 2255, in file
File "renpy/loader.py", line 572, in load
File "renpy/loader.py", line 481, in load_core
File "/data/user/0/lab.rats.down.to.business/files/lib/python2.7/site-packages/android/apk.py", line 205, in open
return io.BytesIO(self.zf.read(info))
File "/data/user/0/lab.rats.down.to.business/files/lib/python2.7/zipfile.py", line 867, in read
return self.open(name, "r", pwd).read()
File "/data/user/0/lab.rats.down.to.business/files/lib/python2.7/zipfile.py", line 579, in read
data = self.read1(n)
File "/data/user/0/lab.rats.down.to.business/files/lib/python2.7/zipfile.py", line 633, in read1
max(n - len_readbuffer, self.MIN_READ_SIZE)
MemoryError:

```

Nerra

Apr 13, 2018
Is this a massively buggy mess for anyone else? All I get is error after error after error after error....

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
Is this a massively buggy mess for anyone else? All I get is error after error after error after error....
Generally I wait for the bugfix and mod to be updated to the newest release before attempting it. It's always been stable for me after that. If you are trying to apply the current bugfix/mod to the 36.1 game right now, it won't work out too well I am sure.

themagiman

Mar 3, 2018
Does the compressed version change the quality of the graphics a lot? Just wondering which I should download.

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
PC bug fix for line 4755.
I have the versions back to 33.1 and they all have the same lines of code for this specific thing. I can only assume the reason those didn't error was the argument was empty or something.
All I did to fix this current was hash # out the arguments on the function call in line 4755 in script.rpy
Hope that helps some of you.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

coyote10k

Jan 24, 2019
6th attempt to even get a single production line functioning... I set the dam design - done... I set the research and got the minimum points - done. I went to production and it has NO SERUM DESIGNS available... even with 3 freaking designs locked down. WASTE of time. 6the attempt at this mess of a game. I can't seem to get the thing to work, so I'm freaking done. I wish all of you well, but the FAQ and walkthrough don't seem to work at all.
It's a bit complicated until you get used to the layout.

In the R&D division:
First research the traits you want, then create the serum design. Once the serum is designed, research that serum until the first dose is complete (you will get a message about either the head researcher notifying you or celebrating by yourself if it is a weekend).
Go to Production division:
Set the line to make it (click in the box to select which serum you are producing, then what percentage of the total production effort goes to that line, and how many you want to keep before setting further production for sale -None is keep all, 0 is sell all, any non-0 number is how many will be shunted to production storage, then anything else will be marked for sale by your marketing team).

Once you have produced serum you can either use it for testing on your employees if you have bought those policies or move them to your personal inventory to be able to use to spike drinks/food or otherwise convince people to take. However once you take them out of production storage the ongoing production will be diverted to replenish that amount to the limit you set on the production line before going back to auto-sell.

Example: You start with Primitive Serum which can have 1 trait. Research Basic Medical. When that finishes researching, Create Serum, Select Primitive for production type and basic medical for trait, name it and then assign that serum as your research project until completed. Now (optional reset your research to whatever is next on your list) go to the Production area, and go into set production, select line 1, pick the serum you just finished researching, since at this point you only have the one serum leave the production percentage maxed, and set the # to keep to 0. Now all your production output will make that one serum and all the serum produced will be marked for sale, and your marketing staff will sell that stockpile and you will get income.

Hope that helps.

Coyote10k

Reactions: hameleona

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Anyone having trouble staying solvent with their first serum only needs to remember these four steps

Research basic med trait and then create a serum with that trait and research that too
Total supplies must be kept higher than production output
Fabrication of serums after researching them requires configuration in production
Marketing requires serums marked for sale

evilfuzzyman

Mar 6, 2017
Anyone having trouble staying solvent with their first serum only needs to remember these four steps

Research basic med trait and then create a serum with that trait and research that too
Total supplies must be kept higher than production output
Fabrication of serums after researching them requires configuration in production
Marketing requires serums marked for sale
And make absolutely certain your serum design doesn't have -money traits.

djustmie

Nov 5, 2017
can i use save files from previous version ?

Just making some progress with money and girls
but got a bit tired from starting over and over again with every new update

is it really that hard for a developper to make a new version backwards comatible with
older saves?
not ment as a comment , just a questin because i dont know anything about devolopping games
(just play them)

Reactions: Horrible

Horrible

Jan 23, 2017
is it really that hard for a developper to make a new version backwards comatible with
older saves?
not ment as a comment , just a questin because i dont know anything about devolopping games
(just play them)
I'm curious about that too. What is it about the LR2 updates that make them all (all that I've seen, at least) incompatible with previous incarnations? Most other games seem to occasionally have that happen, and it's understandable in a lot of instances, but it seems like it's ALWAYS the case for LR2, even when the contents of the changelog don't seem to indicate any changes to the game, stat blocks, etc. that would make that happen.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I'm curious about that too. What is it about the LR2 updates that make them all (all that I've seen, at least) incompatible with previous incarnations? Most other games seem to occasionally have that happen, and it's understandable in a lot of instances, but it seems like it's ALWAYS the case for LR2, even when the contents of the changelog don't seem to indicate any changes to the game, stat blocks, etc. that would make that happen.
It's not a problem at all for a linear virtual novel. But this kind of game is not linear but includes state machines with internal variables (which Ren'py does not handle well when it comes to rollback or save -- which is basically the same for Ren'py). If a new game version has states or variables which the older has not, this has to be handled by the developer, i.e. old saves have to be migrated with special coding. This can be much effort in a complex game and will be a source of bugs as well.

Summertime Saga is another example of a non-linear game with state machines, which had a save compatibility problem until some time ago (and kind of still has). They put a lot of effort into solving that. Basically, after loading a save, all the triggers which are used by the game engine to transfer the state machines (i.e. the characters) from one state to another have to be re-played in the correct sequence. This works most of the time but not always. If a story or quest changes between versions and the states or triggers or the sequence of them triggering change as well, this will lead to inconsistencies.

So, yes, this is not too easy.

Last edited:

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
The easiest way to make money.
put 3 in intelligence, 1 point charisma 3 or 4 points in research. spread the rest out as you like with at least 1 point in forplay

research the suggestion portion of the basic serum.
The create the basic serum and research it. Finalize that serum
Collect it from the production area.
Ask Stephanie to advance your research using that serum.
That will give you access to the next level.
research improved serum production
Then research off label pharmaceuticals. (yes skip high concentration drug)
Research clinical Testing.
Create a serum with improved serum, off label pharm and clinical testing. That will give you 215 per each.
Now hire 1 person for supply, then a person to do production
After they create their first batch hire someone for marketing.
Next batch hire someone for HR.
Then research improved regents
Next High capacity design. Do this one several times till you get it below 60.
Create serum improved serum prod, off label, clinical testing, high capacity, and improved regent. That will get you 362 per each
You should also be able to afford improving your line by this time and more.

Pay attention to how close your serum is done to being completed when it comes to research.
Save at one research away from completion. If you get negative effects on it simply reload the save and hit research again till you don't have it.

When you hire some one. Save on the screen that asks if you want to pay $50. If you don't like any of the selections reload.
If you are smart in script.rpy you disable lines 3714 and 3715
#if renpy.random.randint(1,100) < split_proportion:
# return_character = get_premade_character()
Characters created from those lines are pure shit. They are the biggest reason you can find decent workers early on.

Horrible

Jan 23, 2017
Summertime Saga is another example of a non-linear game with state machines, which had a save compatibility problem until some time ago (and kind of still has). They put a lot of effort into solving that. Basically, after loading a save, all the triggers which are used by the game engine to transfer the state machines (i.e. the characters) from one state to another have to be re-played in the correct sequence. This works most of the time but not always.
The Summertime Saga comparison is interesting. What's weird is that it's ALWAYS the case for LR2. I don't have it all laid out on a flowchart or anything, but it seems to me that every iteration breaks previous saves. Like no LR2 update is ever just content, it's always also at least a code rewrite. It's not a calamity or anything, but it does track to me like a lot of really rather minor tinkering constantly going on rather than actual changes to content/structure. That is, it tracks to me like a lot of backtracking as the code progresses. Maybe in the long run that's a better coding strategy. Hard to say. I'm not going to go through his code and do a whole analysis to figure it out or anything, but it's at least interesting from a big picture/process POV.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes