alv0192

Jan 4, 2018
It wont open
This message appears
Description:
DirectX Version 8 or higher is not installed or damaged.

RenderEngineDirectX8_D::InitializeRenderWindow
Function:
LoadLibrary("d3d8.dll")
What should I do????

Mossrock

Jul 23, 2018
Any solution yet for the all-black outfits?
Regardless of love/obedience/sluttiness/core sluttiness/whatever else, it seems like outfits can't be forced on girls permanently, randomly the pick an outfit of 100% black clothes with like 0 sluttiness requirement.
Company outfits work well but workers' weekend outfits can still default back to all-black, plus it doesn't affect non-company characters.

Hank Miller

Mar 4, 2019
Any solution yet for the all-black outfits?
Regardless of love/obedience/sluttiness/core sluttiness/whatever else, it seems like outfits can't be forced on girls permanently, randomly the pick an outfit of 100% black clothes with like 0 sluttiness requirement.
Company outfits work well but workers' weekend outfits can still default back to all-black, plus it doesn't affect non-company characters.
Open the file clothing_lists with e.g. Notepad and replace on the very below with this:

##OUTFITS##

##Predefined Full Outfits## (unwanted black outfit, the original)
default_outfit = Outfit("Default Outfit") #Used in case there is literatly no other outfit that is valid to prevent the game from crashing entirely (or girls from walking around naked.)
default_outfit.add_lower(panties.get_copy(),colour_white)
default_outfit.add_upper(bra.get_copy(),colour_white)
default_outfit.add_lower(capris.get_copy(),colour_black)
default_outfit.add_upper(long_tshirt.get_copy(),colour_black)
default_outfit.add_feet(sandles.get_copy(),colour_black)

##Predefined Full Outfits## (this is the better one XD)
default_outfit = Outfit("Default Outfit")
default_outfit.add_lower(garter_with_fishnets.get_copy(),colour_pink)
default_outfit.add_upper(quarter_cup_bustier.get_copy(),colour_pink)
default_outfit.add_upper(breed_collar.get_copy(),colour_red)
default_outfit.add_feet(pumps.get_copy(),colour_red)

Not perfect but better than nothing^^. Or talk to each girl individually at 120+ obedience and manually change their wardrobes. Try to work with export/import clothing sets.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mossrock

Mossrock

Jul 23, 2018
Open the file clothing_lists with e.g. Notepad and replace on the very below with this:

##OUTFITS##

##Predefined Full Outfits## (unwanted black outfit, the original)
default_outfit = Outfit("Default Outfit") #Used in case there is literatly no other outfit that is valid to prevent the game from crashing entirely (or girls from walking around naked.)
default_outfit.add_lower(panties.get_copy(),colour_white)
default_outfit.add_upper(bra.get_copy(),colour_white)
default_outfit.add_lower(capris.get_copy(),colour_black)
default_outfit.add_upper(long_tshirt.get_copy(),colour_black)
default_outfit.add_feet(sandles.get_copy(),colour_black)

##Predefined Full Outfits## (this is the better one XD)
default_outfit = Outfit("Default Outfit")
default_outfit.add_lower(garter_with_fishnets.get_copy(),colour_pink)
default_outfit.add_upper(quarter_cup_bustier.get_copy(),colour_pink)
default_outfit.add_upper(breed_collar.get_copy(),colour_red)
default_outfit.add_feet(pumps.get_copy(),colour_red)

Not perfect but better than nothing^^. Or talk to each girl individually at 120+ obedience and manually change their wardrobes. Try to work with export/import clothing sets.
Thank you, but I actually found out what's up, I think.
I've already fiddled with wardrobe (way too much actually) but regardless of what I did they still occasionally dressed for a funeral, which wasn't among the clothing options, or so I thought.
But I deleted all outfits and only added a "full" outfit and no under/overwear options. Thought lacking other options, those will be picked. I was wrong.
So when the game RNG-d the characters to pick from those two slots, it came up empty and filled it with the all that emo shit.

So if anyone runs into this problem, all you've gotta do (if you don't want to start re-making the outfits) is dissect the outfit (at least one) you want a girl to wear into under/over parts. (You can do that by duplicating it, deleting the relevant pieces of clothing [i.e. overwear doesn't include makeup.])
Then save it with a different name, and add it to the girl in question. If you deleted all relevant pats, the option to add it to underwear/overwear will appear, if it doesn't, you didn't delete all relevant parts.
Or you can just make under/overwear from scratch, that works too.

So long you have 1 option in all three fields (full outfit/underwear/overwear) it should be good.

Anyway, thanks again for the help but so long it seems this method works. :)

nihau

May 23, 2018
sorry for asking did he change women models? because i only played when first relaese. And didn't read forums thanks.

MKDude

Jun 9, 2017
Fuck, I just want a release that doesn't force you to restart the game. Hard to like any update when your saves are broken because of it.

I'm not starting a new game yet again.

JuanSinTierra

May 21, 2017
Fuck, I just want a release that doesn't force you to restart the game. Hard to like any update when your saves are broken because of it.

I'm not starting a new game yet again.
It's to be expected with games that are in development, but since the content amounts to bug fixes and tweaks of the existing systems, it makes hard to justify starting again for the twentieth time. Sometimes it's better to wait for a game to be finished, even if it takes years.

Reactions: bloodbus

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
sorry for asking did he change women models? because i only played when first relaese. And didn't read forums thanks.
You ... could try reading the forum thread though? But no, the models are baked into the design: The game depends on generating bodies at random from those designs, so don't expect them to change.

xort

Jun 1, 2017
6th attempt to even get a single production line functioning... I set the dam design - done... I set the research and got the minimum points - done. I went to production and it has NO SERUM DESIGNS available... even with 3 freaking designs locked down. WASTE of time. 6the attempt at this mess of a game. I can't seem to get the thing to work, so I'm freaking done. I wish all of you well, but the FAQ and walkthrough don't seem to work at all.
Sorry you were unable to figure it out. It's a really fun game. I'd be willing to help later today if you wanted to try and figure it out. Drop me a PM if you do.

Mossrock

Jul 23, 2018
6th attempt to even get a single production line functioning... I set the dam design - done... I set the research and got the minimum points - done. I went to production and it has NO SERUM DESIGNS available... even with 3 freaking designs locked down. WASTE of time. 6the attempt at this mess of a game. I can't seem to get the thing to work, so I'm freaking done. I wish all of you well, but the FAQ and walkthrough don't seem to work at all.
I'm afraid the fault is probably not with the game but with you, as it seems to be working for quite a few of us with little to no problems.

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
my main biggest complaint is alot of the txt is way to small even when i put my face up closer to my monitor theres still alot of txt i cant read PLEASE i beg you to make the txt alot bigger so as us folks that cant see to well to begin with can read the txt
other then man i got no more complaints

Reactions: DJsona

TS2016

May 7, 2017
Then you probably are not doing it right. After you designed and set it to be researched, did your head researcher come and tell you that she had a break thru with it and ask what you want her to do with it (two options) then after that she will tell you that she will put it down in production so you can produce it?

dusty stu

Jan 24, 2018
It's confusing when the tags up top don't match the tags in the description? Eg, how much pregnancy is in this?

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
It's confusing when the tags up top don't match the tags in the description? Eg, how much pregnancy is in this?
depends on how you set your settings when starting new game ....cant remember exactly how its worded BUT something like normal pregnancy i think
IF you choose that 1 then you will get them knocked up ....onething tho i noticed and keep forgetting to mention here about pregnancy is WHEN you do knock them up only way to know is when the chicks txt you about being pregnant
wish the dev added pregnant or not pregnant on the detailed chicks description
if you use console i have something that may interest you

the_person.fertility_percent +=99

the_person.bc_chance =0

the_person.preg_chance =100

Reactions: dusty stu

MKDude

Jun 9, 2017
It's to be expected with games that are in development, but since the content amounts to bug fixes and tweaks of the existing systems, it makes hard to justify starting again for the twentieth time. Sometimes it's better to wait for a game to be finished, even if it takes years.
True. It just annoys me because Lab Rats 1 was great, and this one is like "added a slipper, old saves won't work." I want to play the next update, not fear it.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes