_voluwar_

Mar 30, 2019
are there any mods for this game? Some extra body types will make the game a tiny bit more interesting in my opinion

BeeGee

Apr 26, 2018
are there any mods for this game? Some extra body types will make the game a tiny bit more interesting in my opinion
There's literally a link to the modded version in the OP. :FacePalm:
There are people discussing mod content like three posts above yours.

dondani

Jan 24, 2018
Nevermind,I downloaded the mod and now it works fine.Btw,there wasnt an error log ,just the game wasnt responsble and shut down

AnotherMike

Mar 26, 2020
After my employees get pregnant and stay home for a while I get a phone call from them when they say that they'll be back "today" but even a week later they're still not back.

Based on Stephanie and & Alixia, the only two I actually have the home-location of, they seem to just be sitting around at home. By visiting them I can re-assign them but that only works for the ones I've visited before they went home to deliver their babies and even in that case, since both Stephanie & Alexia have unique roles (head researcher & model) that'll be lost if I reassign them it's not a very appealing option even for those two.

Is this a well know bug with a (hopefully easy) fix, or is it a sign that it's time for me to move on to the next game? Since most of my employees are in various stages of pregnancy, it's only a matter of time before my office ends up empty :)

AnotherMike

Mar 26, 2020
After my employees get pregnant and stay home for a while I get a phone call from them when they say that they'll be back "today" but even a week later they're still not back.

Based on Stephanie and & Alixia, the only two I actually have the home-location of, they seem to just be sitting around at home. By visiting them I can re-assign them but that only works for the ones I've visited before they went home to deliver their babies and even in that case, since both Stephanie & Alexia have unique roles (head researcher & model) that'll be lost if I reassign them it's not a very appealing option even for those two.

Is this a well know bug with a (hopefully easy) fix, or is it a sign that it's time for me to move on to the next game? Since most of my employees are in various stages of pregnancy, it's only a matter of time before my office ends up empty :)
Found a solution to this myself, not sure if it's the best one, but it seems to work at least.

A previous post mentioned using the_person.set_work to fix it, the problem is the employees that you never visited and thus don't have the home-location of. You can't find and target them, making (as far as I can tell) the_person unusable for those employees.

If you open the console you can find your different team-lists under:

mc.business.research_team
mc.business.market_team
mc.business.supply_team
mc.business.production_team
mc.business.hr_team

to check the name of an individual team member you'll check it as an index list, as an example, the name of the third member of the production team would be found with

mc.business.production_team[2].name

(since the first member is number 0 )

The list seems to be ordered in the same was the staff-list but it's always good to check to be safe. Once you've located the person you want to recover, you can restore their work-schedule by calling set_work on that member with it's own work property. That is, if for example mc.business.production_team[2] is missing, you can get that person back by using:

mc.business.production_team[2].set_work(mc.business.production_team[2].work)

This at least brings the missing person back to work, but I have no idea if it causes other issues. Also not sure what happens if you bring someone back before they've actually delivered their baby :)

Oct 4, 2020
Found a solution to this myself, not sure if it's the best one, but it seems to work at least.

A previous post mentioned using the_person.set_work to fix it, the problem is the employees that you never visited and thus don't have the home-location of. You can't find and target them, making (as far as I can tell) the_person unusable for those employees.

If you open the console you can find your different team-lists under:

mc.business.research_team
mc.business.market_team
mc.business.supply_team
mc.business.production_team
mc.business.hr_team

to check the name of an individual team member you'll check it as an index list, as an example, the name of the third member of the production team would be found with

mc.business.production_team[2].name

(since the first member is number 0 )

The list seems to be ordered in the same was the staff-list but it's always good to check to be safe. Once you've located the person you want to recover, you can restore their work-schedule by calling set_work on that member with it's own work property. That is, if for example mc.business.production_team[2] is missing, you can get that person back by using:

mc.business.production_team[2].set_work(mc.business.production_team[2].work)

This at least brings the missing person back to work, but I have no idea if it causes other issues. Also not sure what happens if you bring someone back before they've actually delivered their baby :)
I don't know about fixing it but I believe I found a way to prevent the problem in the first place.

In the role_pregnant.rpy file in the game/game_roles directory there is some code that seems to be trying to save a copy of the person's schedule pre-pregnancy so that it can be restored post-pregnancy. I'm not familiar enough with RenPy to know why it isn't working but I found that commenting out the schedule code prevents the problem. It does also mean that the person maintains their same routine throughout the final phase of the pregnancy (employees stay at work despite taking "time off") but IMO that's a small price to pay.

The lines to comment out (just put a # in front of them) are:

the_person.event_triggers_dict["preg_old_schedule"] = the_person.schedule.copy()
the_person.set_schedule(the_person.home, times = [0,1,2,3,4])
the_person.schedule = the_person.event_triggers_dict.get("preg_old_schedule")

I don't THINK this change should have any repercussions but I could easily be wrong.

Edit: After posting this and thinking for a few minutes I'm now wondering if changing the third line to

the_person.set_schedule(the_person.event_triggers_dict.get("preg_old_schedule"))

would make it work properly. I'm not in a position to try it so if someone else wants to do it and report back feel free

Last edited:
Reactions: AnotherMike

franksiinatra

Dec 17, 2019
so, am I the only one whose employees arent taking their daily serum doses? because it looks like thats a bug. I set them to do it daily, but they never take the doses

TS2016

May 7, 2017
so, am I the only one whose employees arent taking their daily serum doses? because it looks like thats a bug. I set them to do it daily, but they never take the doses
Never had that problem. Question- did you set daily serum doses for each departments and did you tell your team to put aside enough serum to cover all you employees?
And do you have daily serum policy active?

Last edited:

AnotherMike

Mar 26, 2020
Edit: After posting this and thinking for a few minutes I'm now wondering if changing the third line to

the_person.set_schedule(the_person.event_triggers_dict.get("preg_old_schedule"))

would make it work properly. I'm not in a position to try it so if someone else wants to do it and report back feel free
Unfortunately the last part didn't seem to work, I checked the content of the_person.event_triggers_dict.get("preg_old_schedule") and as far as I can tell it only contains the home-location of the person so even though I can't remember them giving me multiple messages about staying at home, I can only guess that somehow the line that creates that entry has been called at least twice to overwrite the original schedule with the "stuck at home" schedule.

Will adopt your original solution instead and completely remove the schedule-change, otherwise I'm worried about non-employee people like Nora going missing since the way I've been fixing missing people probably wont work on her and anyone else that isn't an employee.

franksiinatra

Dec 17, 2019
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 332, in <module>
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 187, in advance_time_run_turn
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2528, in run_turn
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1586, in run_on_turn
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1735, in run_on_turn
  File "game/Mods/Fetish/Fetish_Serums.rpy", line 109, in fetish_anal_function_on_turn
  File "game/Mods/Core/Hints/game_hints.rpy", line 74, in exists_in_morning_crisis_list
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Helper_Functions/list_functions.rpy", line 24, in find_in_list
  File "game/Mods/Core/Hints/game_hints.rpy", line 74, in <lambda>
AttributeError: 'RevertableList' object has no attribute 'effect'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 11340, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 11363, in script call
  File "Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpyc", line 248, in script call
  File "Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpyc", line 330, in script
  File "C:\Users\franc\Desktop\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.35.1-market\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\franc\Desktop\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.35.1-market\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 332, in <module>
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpy", line 187, in advance_time_run_turn
  File "game/Mods/Fetish/Fetish_Serums.rpy", line 109, in fetish_anal_function_on_turn
  File "game/Mods/Core/Hints/game_hints.rpy", line 74, in exists_in_morning_crisis_list
  File "game/Mods/Core/Mechanics/Helper_Functions/list_functions.rpy", line 24, in find_in_list

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.35.1
Mon Dec 28 17:11:36 2020
and this keeps coming up every time something happpens

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 11340, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 11363, in script call
  File "Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpyc", line 248, in script call
  File "Mods/Core/Mechanics/Label_Overrides/advance_time_override.rpyc", line 330, in script
  File "C:\Users\franc\Desktop\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.35.1-market\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\franc\Desktop\Lab_Rats_2_Mod-v0.35.1-market\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.35.1
Mon Dec 28 17:11:36 2020
and this keeps coming up every time something happpens
Since you appear to be using the mod, and this error log appears to involve a mod file, I recommend asking all your questions in the mod thread.

bomj

Aug 15, 2016
Game would be much better if we had a character model to interact w/ them. Otherwise it just looks silly giving blowjob and such to a ghost. I'm sure others have said this but until thats added the game is just not visually appealing. Nothing against the game play itself

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes