nim

May 6, 2017
What's in the new changelog to get people anticipated over the public release?
Lab Rats 2 v0.38 is finished development and ready for it's week of bug testing by patrons! This update brings the internet right to your virtual smartphone, letting you browse sites like InstaPic and DikDok to see what girls in your life are posting. Their posts may start tame, but as their Sluttiness rises they will begin to do, and show, more to enhance their online popularity. Some girls may even turn to posting on OnlyFanatics, looking to make a quick buck while being worshipped by their horny online fans.

Also included in this update is a new phone UI and new texting functionality. Your phone now properly displays chat logs and system messages from different girls, and all existing events that mentioned texting have been moved over to the new system. You can now text with any girl who's phone number you have from your phone, instead of having to track them down and meet up with them. This all lays the groundwork for a ton of new phone and online based content that will be coming out over the next couple of updates.

Updates to InstaPic are of particular interest to one character: Lily. Lily's dreams of being an InstaPic influencer make her an easy target to corrupt on the platform. Send her private requests for underwear pic, topless shots, or even full nudes, and then convince her in person to fulfil those same requests.

Enjoy, and leave any bug reports in the comments below!

Changelog (v0.37.1 to v0.38.0):

*CHANGES AND ADDITIONS*

- Added texting UI images

- Updated texting system to use new texting UI.

- "Say" and "Choice" screens can now optionally display a text conversation underneath.

- Texting system now supports narration, choices, and dialogue with other characters while showing texting UI.

- Lily will now pull clothing half off to show her tits instead of stripping fully for related Instapic event.

- Added a couple of new responses to Lily Instapic event when she is at high Sluttiness.

- Added Instapic role.

- Added ability to check Instapic profiles of girls you know.

- Added ability to leave comments on Instapic posts.

- Added ability to make special requests via private message on Instapic.

- Updated requirements for some character titles to have higher sex requirements (ie. 5+ vaginal creampies for "your cumdump")

- Added some new titles available to all personality types.

- Added ability to make smalltalk by texting girls.

- Added new DikDok role.

- Added ability to view a girls most recent DikDok video post, if one exists.

- Added new OnlyFanatics Role.

- Added ability to view a girls OnlyFanatics page, and subscribe to see content.

- Added multiple tiers of DikDok videos for different Sluttiness levels.

- Characters now generate with a chance to have an InstaPic or DikDok account.

- Chance to have an InstaPic or DikDok account varies based on personality type. Introverted or Reserved characters are much less likely to make one.

- Added ability for girls to create an InstaPic, DikDok, or OnlyFanatics account during the game. Chance is based on personality type.

- Modified InstaPic/DikDok/OnlyFanatics generation chance to consider a girls opinions of showing her tits, ass, and public sex.

- Lily and Jennifer never randomly generate any online pages - events specifically for them will be added in the future.

- Lily now generates an InstaPic account at the start of her "Instathot" storyline, and gives you her profile name so you can check it.'

- Integrated InstaPic content with Lily's storyline. Helping Lily take pictures will guarantee she has a new Instapic post to view.

- Sending Lily a special request on InstaPic will result in her asking you to help her with a "special request" the next time you take pictures with her.

- Added requirement to learn the profile name of a girls online account to view it's content.

- Girls will now tell you about their InstaPic account while making smalltalk.

- Girls will now post about their DikDok or OnlyFanatics on InstaPic, giving you those profile names.

- Girls will now tell you about their OnlyFanatics page while making a special request on InstaPic.

*BUG FIXES*

- Fixed clothing comparison crashing for some items that do not support clothing patterns.

- Fixed crash while having sex with your affair partner at her place.

- Fixed plaintext buttons not being properly generated by main choice displayable.

elhombre

Jun 6, 2017
mmmm.. if you were like making a poll 'bout A) more content B) fixing bugs ... I would prefer that he goes for:

B) fixing gamebreaking bugs ... oh there are some, and by now they have evolved into a content features ,
since equation here is simple : more content = more bugs ... can only expect more because of damn process linearity

But hey! whats content without few dozen? bugs ... in other words: you can't make omelette without brekaing 2? dozen? eggs? balls?

2cc...:WeSmart:

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018
mmmm.. if you were like making a poll 'bout A) more content B) fixing bugs ... I would prefer that he goes for:

B) fixing gamebreaking bugs ... oh there are some, and by now they have evolved into a content features ,
since equation here is simple : more content = more bugs ... can only expect more because of damn process linearity

But hey! whats content without few doezen? bugs ... in other words: you can't make omelette without brekaing 2? doezen? eggs? balls?

2cc...:WeSmart:
Dude literally has a dedicated community working on an active repo fixing bugs for him. I say throw cautions to the wind.

JK3

Jun 19, 2017
I tried this game cause Lab Rats 1 was alright, my thoughts so far

Gameplay is pretty good, I've got to the point where my lab is automating more money than it spends, all I need to really do is maintain it and change R&D.
Grinding for starts is both too easy and too hard, some of the challenges are just pure busy work and padding while others can be done almost instantly IF you've already met a requirement for it.
I'm not a fan of the new models, more so for the returning characters. Like I'm expecting everyone to be slightly asian looking but they all have this samey man face problem.
The custom clothing system is a nice touch but it feels like there's not enough options to chose from, and glasses keep crashing it. (yay next update fix?)
I've now got access to drugs that increase/decrease breast size and induce lactation, and pregnancy is a thing. Do the character models actually change to reflect these changes?
If I was a smart man, and I knew a girl with thousands of followers on an onlyfans style site, I'd sponsor her to endorse my range of BE products. Yes, you too can easily grow 3 cup sizes in a week! And if you don't like it, we also produce a range of reductors!

elhombre

Jun 6, 2017
Dude literally has a dedicated community working on an active repo fixing bugs for him. I say throw cautions to the wind.
sure, ahemm, yeah... fuck cautions but 38.1 ctd-ed out of the box - on steph intro in research lab when trying to have sex with her
..[KeyError: 16]
Dude will literally need an army of dedicated community with this tempo - I'm not saying it won't happen , but until he (THEY?) gets to fixing some shit .. bugs-count will just cumulatively rise to heaven with every new rlz..
-just android version is unplayable few (=>3) versions/months back - not that I particularly care bout android ...
-ya'know . when I look at my crystall balls - I can see a whole month of spring cleaning ;)
..going to take another shot , and/if ctd again -> trash ..see you in 40.1

Reactions: EquineHung
Apr 21, 2018
sure, ahemm, yeah... fuck cautions but 38.1 ctd-ed out of the box - on steph intro in research lab when trying to have sex with her
..[KeyError: 16]
Dude will literally need an army of dedicated community with this tempo - I'm not saying it won't happen , but until he (THEY?) gets to fixing some shit .. bugs-count will just cumulatively rise to heaven with every new rlz..
-just android version is unplayable few (=>3) versions/months back - not that I particularly care bout android ...
-ya'know . when I look at my crystall balls - I can see a whole month of spring cleaning ;)
..going to take another shot , and/if ctd again -> trash ..see you in 40.1
Or you can wait til a new bugfix is posted on the repo and play it in about a week. I will see you... never, because Vren will never have a bugless release but the rest of us will continue to play the game because we accept a solution while you ignore it.

Or you can try fixing it yourself -- every update there's at least a dozen posts about how to fix shit and quite a few of us here will post solutions because PYTHON ISN'T C++ Aramaic!

Reactions: omocik

omocik

May 2, 2017
so, anyone had any success with .38 phone functions?
From what I checked Only InstaPic with sis is avaiable. Unless progression needs commenting, which is broken.

Only sis uses this function right now?

AxelMasters

Jul 27, 2017
so, anyone had any success with .38 phone functions?
From what I checked Only InstaPic with sis is avaiable. Unless progression needs commenting, which is broken.

Only sis uses this function right now?
In the changelog it says you need to find out the account names before you can check their InstaPic photos and only some people will create InstaPic accounts based on personality and RNG, has anybody told you their account name and it's just not showing up? If so it's a bug.

elhombre

Jun 6, 2017
Or you can wait til a new bugfix is posted on the repo and play it in about a week. I will see you... never, because Vren will never have a bugless release but the rest of us will continue to play the game because we accept a solution while you ignore it.

Or you can try fixing it yourself -- every update there's at least a dozen posts about how to fix shit and quite a few of us here will post solutions because PYTHON ISN'T C++ Aramaic!
ok, i've figured out .. it is the NEW scene/render trash collector attempt ,.. animations render ..
-so if you disable "animations" everything works... so it seems
.. but if you leave anims enabled and you rem the line 58 game will crash/hog eventually - mem leak, ..since i have enough ram i can afford some neat decadent gameplay for hours - if i don't, cough, finish sooner...

..may i call this a gamebreaking bug?? hehe , just kidding , disable anims and all is cool .. doh

Code:
Line 58:
del prepared_animation_render[draw_layer][the_person.character_number] #Clear the render, we don't need to track it any more. Without this image renders build up over the course of the day, consuming massive amounts of memory.

JK3

Jun 19, 2017
heh, I'm getting an actual crash to desktop when trying to sex the sister
I get the line 58 thing too, but KeyError: 21
EDIT:: And yes disabling animations in the options fixed it

Last edited:

omocik

May 2, 2017
In the changelog it says you need to find out the account names before you can check their InstaPic photos and only some people will create InstaPic accounts based on personality and RNG, has anybody told you their account name and it's just not showing up? If so it's a bug.
-Girls will now tell you about their InstaPic account while making smalltalk.
-Lily and Jennifer never randomly generate any online pages - events specifically for them will be added in the future.

thanks for clarifying!
So given changelog only mentions Sis posting InstaPic (tho ingame mentions the profile name) guess there isn't anything yet.

JK3

Jun 19, 2017
So given changelog only mentions Sis posting InstaPic (tho ingame mentions the profile name) guess there isn't anything yet.
Doubt, I have Alex in my InstaPic list
It seems very fucking broken though, after leaving any kind of comment once, trying to leave another causes an error
After I sent a request for underwear pics they both say they're linking me their Only Fanatics pages, but nothing shows up
Also, testing that causes more errors to come up but at least these ones could be ignored

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes