boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
please help, i dont get it, how to make research done with console
I haven't tried setting research levels directly with the console... but you can use the console to turn yourself into a researching machine.

mc.research_skill = 999999

You can then unlock any trait in 1 research step. And pretty much anything you research post-unlock will be down to 0% chance of side-effect after 1 further research step.

Reactions: kagekami42

MMikael

Dec 8, 2019
While tutoring Emily- when I got her marks over 81% (I think) there is note from Vren "This section of the game is under construction. In v0.30.1 you will be have the ability to hire Emily once her marks are high enough." I am playing v0.39.1 and this part is not finished yet?

OmarSpec

Sep 11, 2018
I assume the changes in this patch were to try and and fix two big problems that the game has had for as long as I have been following it:

1.) The sex aspect of the game is super unrewarding and is honestly more a chore than anything. It's also completely divorced from the actual gameplay (having sex doesn't have any meaningful impact on the management part, and doing the business management doesn't really change the sex progression at all), so there's basically no reason to ever bother with it at all.

2.) The game is way too easy and once you're like 3 days in and start turning a profit, it's just impossible to lose or even really be inconvenienced, you just grind until everything is maxed out or you get bored.

It didn't actually fix either of those problems, of course. The sex scenes are still a slog (just now a mandatory slog instead of one you can ignore), and the game isn't any harder - only putting more busywork between you and the end of the content.

Heml0ck

Mar 7, 2018
The whole game is a massive bug.

The whole Clarity update just feels like a massive "fuck you" to the modders.

Hate to say it, but I think I'm done with this game and the developer.
That's a shame, Modders make this game shine. There are so many positive changes Dev could have made...

Making the current systems flashed out and working correctly, more options during encounters, attractive NPCs.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Sad
Reactions: CDG and omocik

spre

Jun 8, 2017
No, I've been responding to you hacks that HS models are horrendeous animu heresy and I applaud Vren for using DAZ. He just needs to redo the face renders at some point. Knowing how the pipeline is set up it'll not happen any time soon since I involves rendering up to a 100 permutations of expressions and angles per head model. But fuck HS in particular.
Can we somehow help with the render process?

Reactions: Dark Lord Nova

Parigar

May 4, 2020
so anyone other than me has constant "exceptions" occur after adding some serum to the food or is it just me?

Anyway, what is latest "stable" version? (I mean with the least game breaking bugs)

Last edited:

scannatore

Jul 11, 2017
so anyone other than me has constant "exceptions" occur after adding some serum to the food or is it just me?

Anyway, what is latest "stable" version? (I mean with the least game breaking bugs)
I don't think there is one after he added the "animations".
And i always use mods and unofficial bugfixes for this game...

Apr 11, 2018
my game keeps bugging
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 259, in script call
$ picked_option.call_action()
File "game/general_actions/location_actions/business_actions.rpy", line 135, in script call
call advance_time from _call_advance_time_2
File "game/script.rpy", line 396, in script
python:
File "game/script.rpy", line 398, in <module>
people.run_turn()
File "game/major_game_classes/character_related/Person.rpy", line 351, in run_turn
serum.run_on_turn(self) #Run the serum's on_turn funcion if it has one.
TypeError: run_on_turn() takes exactly 3 arguments (2 given)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 259, in script call
$ picked_option.call_action()
File "game/general_actions/location_actions/business_actions.rpy", line 135, in script call
call advance_time from _call_advance_time_2
python:
File "D:\re\2-renpy\Lab Rats 2\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 927, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\re\2-renpy\Lab Rats 2\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
people.run_turn()
File "game/major_game_classes/character_related/Person.rpy", line 351, in run_turn

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.39.1
Sat Apr 10 00:40:41 2021
```

Reactions: Ranker

FartingRainbows

Oct 14, 2019
Judging off the screenshots, this looks more [Text Based] than anything else even though the tag isn't there.
"A complex sex system" sounds like a good way to put anyone off; as a lot of real life people will tell you that being in a Complex Relationship ain't fun at all.
I cannot say I've seen this game before even though it has 2 tags I'm most interested in and have searched every game in those 2 tags [Incest] and [Sandbox]

Reactions: Parigar

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
The problem here is that the game suffers from unnecessary complexity for the sake of unnecessary complexity.

The core of the game should be:
- Research new traits.
- Make serums.
- Use serums.
- Have sex.

Only, Vren has let the game run away from them and its gotten out of control.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
I agree that clarity is so a dumb and unnecessary mechanic and yeah it kind of ruins the game even with using cheats. It's so a dumb idea. I don't know what Vren was thinking there. This game overall needs a serious visual overhaul and the animations need to be fix along with the bugs more than adding more mechanics like I said in an earlier post and please get rid of clarity and make it less grindy more than it needs to be even though I don't mind a little of it. It does not enhanced the game experience or makes it more fun but hurts it.
Not so much "RUINS" as "BREAKS". For about 3 YEARS, this "dev" has relied on modders to fix his horrid nightmare of a game. Now, he's apparently pissed off about it, and has broken the ability of the modders to simplify the game (AKA, de-bug/de-grind this whore's nightmare).

This is the update that proves VRen has either no interest, or no ability, to fix the game. No ability would just be incompetence, but no INTEREST would follow the years-long pattern of bugged releases with no fixes provided EVER, just to prove a point to the modding community.

Dude's a jerk.

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
It's pretty telling that the banner image for the patreon page is still Lab Rats 1, despite that game being finished over 3 years ago. LR2 doesn't have a real hook yet. The management/research part is too unwieldy and unintuitive to make for a good gameplay loop, the procedural relationships still feel stiff and robotic despite repeated efforts to add more variety, and the sex scenes are about as boner-inducing as a trip to the dentist (those with hot dentists, ignore this). And that's aside from the character models needing a visual overhaul.

Somewhere in there is the kernel of an idea that could've been made into a good game, but so far, it's been bogged down by unnecessary minutiae. Haven't been really interested for quite a few updates now, but after this one, I don't think there's any reason for me to keep checking anymore. It's unlikely that a total overhaul to the visuals and systems gets implemented any time soon (if ever), so till then. Obviously, will still keep checking thread for drama, cause that's half the fun in F95.

MasterKrull

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2017
Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 299, in script call
    call advance_time from _call_advance_time_15
    python:
    people.run_turn()

Full traceback:
    python:
  File "C:\Users\User\Documents\Mega\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 927, in execute
  File "C:\Users\User\Documents\Mega\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    people.run_turn()

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Sat Apr 10 00:00:35 2021

MasterKrull

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2017
Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 443, in script
    python:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 445, in <module>
    people.run_day()
  File "game/major_game_classes/character_related/Person.rpy", line 468, in run_day
    serum.run_on_turn(self) #If a run_on_turn is called and the serum has expired no effects are calculated, so we can safely call this as many times as we want.

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 443, in script
    python:
  File "C:\Users\User\Documents\Mega\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 927, in execute
  File "C:\Users\User\Documents\Mega\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "game/script.rpy", line 445, in <module>
    people.run_day()
  File "game/major_game_classes/character_related/Person.rpy", line 468, in run_day
    serum.run_on_turn(self) #If a run_on_turn is called and the serum has expired no effects are calculated, so we can safely call this as many times as we want.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Sat Apr 10 00:02:13 2021

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes