ImpossibleCity

Jan 14, 2021
the changelog says you get clarity by flirting with anyone and then having sex with anyone. or select masturbate in your room

on vren patreon page one of the patrons says you can fix the
TypeError: run_on_turn() takes exactly 3 arguments (2 given)" error. if you change the file
"game/major_game_classes/character_related/Person.rpy", line 351 to serum.run_on_turn(self, the_serum)

Also change line 356 to serum.run_on_remove(self, the_serum).

Edit: Also line 1025

Last edited:

illegalfrog

Nov 28, 2019
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 299, in script call
    call advance_time from _call_advance_time_15
  File "game/script.rpy", line 443, in script
    python:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 445, in <module>
    people.run_day()
  File "game/major_game_classes/character_related/Person.rpy", line 468, in run_day
    serum.run_on_turn(self) #If a run_on_turn is called and the serum has expired no effects are calculated, so we can safely call this as many times as we want.
TypeError: run_on_turn() takes exactly 3 arguments (2 given)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 299, in script call
    call advance_time from _call_advance_time_15
  File "game/script.rpy", line 443, in script
    python:
  File "C:\Users\User\Documents\Mega\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 927, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\User\Documents\Mega\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.39.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/script.rpy", line 445, in <module>
    people.run_day()
  File "game/major_game_classes/character_related/Person.rpy", line 468, in run_day
    serum.run_on_turn(self) #If a run_on_turn is called and the serum has expired no effects are calculated, so we can safely call this as many times as we want.
TypeError: run_on_turn() takes exactly 3 arguments (2 given)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.39.1
Sat Apr 10 00:02:13 2021
Yeah it's a pretty major bug so far from my fiddling no way to fix it since, I don't know how to code.
It occurs when a girl comes under the affect of a serum and the game tries to lower it's turn duration from 3 -> 2 but the game doesn't do that, why I don't know.
Like, how does one of the main aspects of the game just not work? I'm gonna be honest just wait till the modded version of this game comes out it's a mess without it.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
This clarity stuff is restrictive and adds to the grind immediately at the start of the game when you don't know what you're doing or how to deal with it. It doesn't even make sense that you need to build arousal first. If it accumulated slowly on its own, or through actions, and you couldn't do research until being below a certain threshold, it would make more logical sense, at least. Having to grind it is just silly. I don't think you need to make sex mechanically mandatory in a sex game, it's supposed to be the reward and not an obligation.

kukaku

Jan 1, 2019
I really think that the most important thing for game writers to do now is to carefully check and solve the errors in the game. Otherwise, with the continuous addition of new variables, the game will become more and more impossible to play

Reactions: tanpro260196

Yakis0ba

Aug 7, 2017
the changelog says you get clarity by flirting with anyone and then having sex with anyone. or select masturbate in your room

on vren patreon page one of the patrons says you can fix the
TypeError: run_on_turn() takes exactly 3 arguments (2 given)" error. if you change the file
"game/major_game_classes/character_related/Person.rpy", line 351 to serum.run_on_turn(self, the_serum)

Also change line 356 to serum.run_on_remove(self, the_serum).

Edit: Also line 1025
I tried that, but now I'm getting an error that says "NameError: global name 'the_serum' is not defined".
???

LRKXXV

Apr 26, 2017
I tried that, but now I'm getting an error that says "NameError: global name 'the_serum' is not defined".
???
I haven't tested it yet, but it seems that the latest beta version of the Unofficial Bugfix fixed this problem. If you want to DIY, then check this . You, of course, shouldn't then also have done the other changes that you already tried.

HayateY1234

Jul 27, 2018
???

Yo, YakiSoba I just figured it out, the_serum is now defined as serum so instead of the_serum replace it with just serum and it fixes it.

"game/major_game_classes/character_related/Person.rpy", line 351 to serum.run_on_turn(self, serum)
Like this for all the previously stated lines. Hope this helps. Cheers

HUNUTAN

Jan 18, 2019
Author, varied content. What is the point of jerking off in all these new parameters and tasks and at the same time not receiving rewards in the form of new content for it? It's just already tired of it. And so for a long time they chewed this project like an old gum without getting something new, but just got tired of it ...

skai

Nov 17, 2016
My bugfixed version 0.39.1 (current Tristimdorion bugfix branch applied)
fixes bugs with serums and model personality

Reactions: bluted
3.40 star(s) 127 Votes