MC Johnsson

Jun 28, 2017
LOL that is hilarious!

Yeah, if it was researchable Nora would have done it herself. She actually tells you the problem is her lack of human subjects because unlike MC, she is in an organization with, like, ethics and stuff.
In my defence, I play on a pc and I can hardly see the font it's so small, and when it's in red, I can't read it at all lol

buff

May 29, 2017
In my defence, I play on a pc and I can hardly see the font it's so small, and when it's in red, I can't read it at all lol

Yeah, anyone who puts red text on a blue background should be flogged with noodles. It's awful.

One of the first things I do whenever i grab a new version of this game is dive into random_lists.rpy and comment out the line that reads:
readable_color_list.append("#ff2c2c") #Red
... by prepending a '#' character (the python comment char). Then I do the same for the line that appends 'curvy_body' to list_of_body_types, then do a find-and-replace to swap the word 'curvy' for 'thin' in all the canned character profiles. This gives me a nice, readable game devoid of thiccness. (I also change the face and hair style on Steph, Lily, and Mom because they are just hideous.)

It's a pain but worth it; you spend a lot of time looking at Mom and Cuz in the early game and life is too short to bang fat chicks.

buff

May 29, 2017
On a regular basis I have girls just wearing random shit instead of the uniform they are supposed to. Usually they will wear the uniform for a day or two after I assign it, then they go back to regular clothes.

Is this a known bug? Or is there some non-obvious mechanic at work?

Needing Help

Nov 11, 2020
On a regular basis I have girls just wearing random shit instead of the uniform they are supposed to. Usually they will wear the uniform for a day or two after I assign it, then they go back to regular clothes.

Is this a known bug? Or is there some non-obvious mechanic at work?
It's the out of uniform crisis. You can interact with them and find out why, make them change into it either in private or right there. If they are slutty enough to wear it in the first place, they will have it in their desk. You can also let it slide if you want to.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
what characteristics lead to an infidelity event?
Just take out the girl on 2 lunch dates after you maxed out her convo's to 25 and your good to go.
Some girls will allow sex at 40 but most of the time its 45 love.

buff

May 29, 2017
It's the out of uniform crisis. You can interact with them and find out why, make them change into it either in private or right there. If they are slutty enough to wear it in the first place, they will have it in their desk. You can also let it slide if you want to.
I get that once in a while too, but this is different.... no text, they just don't wear the durn thing. Like, an entire department... I was wondering if the sluttieness level of the uniform can be so high the girls just refuse to wear it or something, but you'd think that'd be ack'd in-game.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I get that once in a while too, but this is different.... no text, they just don't wear the durn thing. Like, an entire department... I was wondering if the sluttieness level of the uniform can be so high the girls just refuse to wear it or something, but you'd think that'd be ack'd in-game.
If its the full department not wearing it then you may not have that department selected to use that uniform.
Or you may have 2 uniforms for that department and screwing it up.

Needing Help

Nov 11, 2020
Don't know. I haven't played this version but could be because of the change in uniform assignment. Could be a bug. If it was too slutty I doubt they would wear it at all in the first place. Try talking to them maybe, and ya, check your department assignment. I play with the same one for all departments just to avoid this sort of thing. Gives me easier access to their parts also, if you know what I mean.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
I haven't looked closely at it, but I suspect there may be one or two bugs re: outfits. One is what's being related about work uniforms not being honored and also not being acknowledged as breaking the rules. The other is when a woman is wearing a completely black outfit. Since it hasn't resulted in much disruption of my play it hasn't been high on my list of curiosities

buff

May 29, 2017
...two bugs re: outfits. One is what's being related about work uniforms not being honored and also not being acknowledged as breaking the rules. The other is when a woman is wearing a completely black outfit.
Definitely not the second one, but the first sounds very probable. Good to know it has been reported. Thanks!

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
Does having employees with high Slutiness and Love make them lazy workers? I have 7 girls doing Research and I'm sure they've gotten lazy. Researching for Nora's second task is taking forever, or is that normal?
researching nora's task won't get you anywhere need to put it in a potion give to someone and observe the results.

Heruactic

Dec 1, 2018
Hey folks, question. specifically when using the mods for the game, where would i go to change the generated age for employees in interviews. 50 is a bit too high for my tastes. The method for changing age in the base game does not work when mods are enabled and i spent a solid hour or two looking at each of the new files in the mod folders. Thanks in advance.

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
Actually.. its not the mod.. but the base game.. it recently moved due to the big code refactor in the main game a version or 2 ago.. heres a good list - these are c/p from my already edited files.

game\game_screens\character_screens\mc_creation_ui.rpy :::
where the default char points, stat max, work skill max, and sex skill max is now
ex: around line 36:

default character_points = 144
default stat_max = 8
default work_skill_max = 8
default sex_skill_max = 8

game\helper_functions\random_generation_functions.rpy :::
where the age range random is
ex: around line 44:
age = renpy.random.randint(18,42)

game\major_game_classes\business_related\business.rpy :::
where the starting funds is now - fyi, the old separate player funds no longer exists.
ex: around line 13:
self.funds = 900000 #Your starting wealth.

game\major_game_classes\character_related\person.rpy :::
here is where the serum tolerance default of 2 is
ex: around line 132:
self.serum_tolerance = 10 #How many active serums this person can tolerate before they start to suffer negative effects.

game\random_lists.rpy :::
various lists - skins, faces - breast sizes - default random clothing colors - patreon reward characters info, base game characters
Lists of importance start around line 380 - theres too much to c/p here, but you will see the entries and the lists
so for example the breast section:
list_of_tits = []
list_of_tits.append(["AA",1])
list_of_tits.append(["A",10])
list_of_tits.append(["B",20])
list_of_tits.append(["C",20])
list_of_tits.append(["D",25])
list_of_tits.append(["DD",15])
list_of_tits.append(["DDD",7])
list_of_tits.append(["E",6])
list_of_tits.append(["F",4])
list_of_tits.append(["FF",3])

I "rebalanced" the list a little bit for my own game, at least for initial start. I dont suggest commenting out individual items in the lists, but you can change the number to 0 to pretty much rule out it being rando generated, and avoid the game complaining about a missing list item potentially.

Further down around line 966 in the same file is the base game's patreon characters. I commented a few of those cause just didnt care for them, other stats are listed that you can then change as you please. Below that is the base game main characters as well.

game\serum_traits.rpy :::
i went full hack mode and edited the primitive serum production you start with in the game, and made it have 11 slots and an initial 5 turn duration. so if you want the same --- around line 480

slots_added = 11,

duration_added = 5,

This wont change the text unless you change the desc field that will be above those, but you already know what you are getting so it doesnt matter.

------
so these are all base game files and have nothing to do with the mod. You can even do this without using it, and with any vanilla release. theres much more you can play with in all of those files, especially the lists and serum file, but i went for just a slight modification of things for myself, and edited some of the lists and serums for preference. but just doing a few edits here and there makes the game a little more customized if you desire.

Heruactic

Dec 1, 2018
Changing "game\helper_functions\random_generation_functions.rpy"

was the first thing i tried before diving into mod files. Even when i set the ages to 20-30 it still generates ages of 18-50 during interviews. Thank you for trying to help.

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
Well if you try to do it AFTER you have already started a game, that saves variables have already been set. You could try playing in the console to see if you can change it after the fact. On a new game though.. any changes in that file should take effect.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes