Needing Help

Nov 11, 2020
Why? How to fix? Not a driver problem as they are all current. Only on this version, or at least since 0.40.1. Using 32bit on Vista. Should be compatible.
1626905282116.png
Please advise me of a fix, or should I just give up and stay with V0.40.1 as the final version.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Why? How to fix? Not a driver problem as they are all current. Only on this version, or at least since 0.40.1. Using 32bit on Vista. Should be compatible.
View attachment 1311161
Please advise me of a fix, or should I just give up and stay with V0.40.1 as the final version.
Seriously - upgrade your OS. Vista has no official support since 2016 or 2017 and is in many ways more than outdated - especially in terms of security. The time you spend trying to get things to work on that old steam engine is better spend elsewhere :)

Needing Help

Nov 11, 2020
Seriously - upgrade your OS. Vista has no official support since 2016 or 2017 and is in many ways more than outdated - especially in terms of security. The time you spend trying to get things to work on that old steam engine is better spend elsewhere :)
Thanks for your reply. It leads me to believe that my problem is because Vren updated Ren'Py and included a 64bit version so now I'm stuck until I get rid of my steam engine and buy what they're selling. Too bad that's the way of this "brave new world". I haven't had any problems with anything outside of banking (which I would rather do in person) with my steam engine, so it's hard to justify the expense. It's just that I'm able to play other things with those updates so I was hoping for a work around to continue this adventure. Thanks again for the advise. If anyone can think of anything, please let us "Space Cowboys" know.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Thanks for your reply. It leads me to believe that my problem is because Vren updated Ren'Py and included a 64bit version so now I'm stuck until I get rid of my steam engine and buy what they're selling. Too bad that's the way of this "brave new world". I haven't had any problems with anything outside of banking (which I would rather do in person) with my steam engine, so it's hard to justify the expense. It's just that I'm able to play other things with those updates so I was hoping for a work around to continue this adventure. Thanks again for the advise. If anyone can think of anything, please let us "Space Cowboys" know.
Press shift+g after loading the game and try changing the renderers

Needing Help

Nov 11, 2020
Press shift+g after loading the game and try changing the renderers
Thanks for the suggestion but this is the result
1627019820028.png
I feel like I'm having a cranial/colon inversion with this program. This version won't let me force either GL2 or ANGLE2 and only uses ESGL according the Ren'Py site. I guess it's too graphics heavy for my hardware. It's the only game I have had this issue with.
Thanks anyway. 0.40.1 modded is my final for this game I guess. Maybe if I win the lottery to get a better desktop(with all the trimmings) I can see this evolve 'cause I don't think it's going to get done any other way with this Dev. Don't want to play without the mod so...... oh well.

ravenhawk

Jul 2, 2017
View attachment 1314233
I feel like I'm having a cranial/colon inversion with this program. This version won't let me force either GL2 or ANGLE2 and only uses ESGL according the Ren'Py site. I guess it's too graphics heavy for my hardware. It's the only game I have had this issue with.
Thanks anyway. 0.40.1 modded is my final for this game I guess. Maybe if I win the lottery to get a better desktop(with all the trimmings) I can see this evolve 'cause I don't think it's going to get done any other way with this Dev. Don't want to play without the mod so...... oh well.
It's not like you need a gaming rig to run this. A bare bones student/office pc from Walmart will suffice.

Needing Help

Nov 11, 2020
It's not like you need a gaming rig to run this. A bare bones student/office pc from Walmart will suffice.
Why get anything just for Lab Rats 2. No problem with anything else in this format, with better, heavier graphics. Just this one. Doesn't need to be that way is what I'm saying. Without the moders fixing his code, adding content that should have already been there, I don't see it changing going forward. Your right, should be able to use anything to play this which has me confused. Though I am using ancient gear, still should work, and it has until now. It's the program, not my system that needs changed. I could be wrong though. Doubt it, but could be.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
View attachment 1314233
If the placement of options are the same, you have Force GL2 selected there. Force ANGLE2 is the third option from the top on the top-left, if you didn't already know/try that

Reactions: james steele

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Why get anything just for Lab Rats 2. No problem with anything else in this format, with better, heavier graphics. Just this one. Doesn't need to be that way is what I'm saying. Without the moders fixing his code, adding content that should have already been there, I don't see it changing going forward. Your right, should be able to use anything to play this which has me confused. Though I am using ancient gear, still should work, and it has until now. It's the program, not my system that needs changed. I could be wrong though. Doubt it, but could be.
I think you misunderstood me. Its not the gear itself that causes your problems but the old OS. In its core vista is pure 32bit - which doesnt mean that your hardware wont support newer software. Where necessary modern systems like WIn10, Linux etc can dial down internally to 32-bit if needed because of the underlying hardware. There is almost no pure 16-bit hardware left in the world that would require old and outdated OS and if your Vista is a legal one i am pretty sure you can upgrade to WIn10 for no cost without the need to replace the entire steam engine ;)

Reactions: DevilInside666

Daerque

Donor
Dec 15, 2017
If the issue is 32bit vs 64bit, in the current mod edition there IS a 32bit version that comes with the "fully modded download". Filename: Lab_Rats_2_Mod-32.exe (at least common sense leads me to believe that this would be the case)

Reactions: NotEnoughHats

Needing Help

Nov 11, 2020
I am very thankful for everyone that has given help and advise on my issue with this game. It has sent me down the rabbit hole of future problems I will face with my steam engine. As much as I don't want to, I will have to finally accept that it is the 21st century and there is nothing I can do about it. The brave new world is here, technology is god, show your papers and hail the new emperor, kiss the ring to show your loyalty. I do appreciate all the support but no one uses lanterns anymore either. That is, until one has to. Gotta love it.

Even though my system meets or exceeds the minimum requirements stated for this game, I don't think that is the case anymore. Don't know if that is because of the Dev, Ren'Py or Python updates, but I need to change too much for just this one game, so far, so 0.40.1 is my final version and thank you all. Until next time.........TTFN

MC Johnsson

Jun 28, 2017
Does having employees with high Slutiness and Love make them lazy workers? I have 7 girls doing Research and I'm sure they've gotten lazy. Researching for Nora's second task is taking forever, or is that normal?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Does having employees with high Slutiness and Love make them lazy workers? I have 7 girls doing Research and I'm sure they've gotten lazy. Researching for Nora's second task is taking forever, or is that normal?
You don't research Nora's stuff you make one and use it on 1 girl then talk the shit out of her till you get to lvl 2-3, I think its 2 and then you turn in the results to Nora and she will give you another one.

To research Nora's stuff is over a million each time so yes you will take many, many months to even try to research it.
It tells you in game not to research Nora's shit.

MC Johnsson

Jun 28, 2017
You don't research Nora's stuff you make one and use it on 1 girl then talk the shit out of her till you get to lvl 2-3, I think its 2 and then you turn in the results to Nora and she will give you another one.

To research Nora's stuff is over a million each time so yes you will take many, many months to even try to research it.
It tells you in game not to research Nora's shit.
Damn! That would explain why. I'm doing it all wrong lol. Thanks for the heads up. I even fired some of my workers. (y)

Reactions: a1fox3

buff

May 29, 2017
Damn! That would explain why. I'm doing it all wrong lol. Thanks for the heads up. I even fired some of my workers. (y)
LOL that is hilarious!

Yeah, if it was researchable Nora would have done it herself. She actually tells you the problem is her lack of human subjects because unlike MC, she is in an organization with, like, ethics and stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: MC Johnsson

buff

May 29, 2017
So, the second advancement, where you need to have 3 girls with crazy-high sluttiness (easy) and obedience (hard): I have been raising obedience by bullying them with bad reviews and insulting their work, then bringing their happiness back up with complements and sex. It's tedious though.

Is there a way to make the obedience from a serum stick? Or do I just have to make a special serum with huge stack of obedience traits and then do the research super fast while they are impacted?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
So, the second advancement, where you need to have 3 girls with crazy-high sluttiness (easy) and obedience (hard): I have been raising obedience by bullying them with bad reviews and insulting their work, then bringing their happiness back up with complements and sex. It's tedious though.

Is there a way to make the obedience from a serum stick? Or do I just have to make a special serum with huge stack of obedience traits and then do the research super fast while they are impacted?
I use the longer turn to make it last longer with both happiness and obedience throw in best suggestive and you got a good combo for raising both quick.
Then just sex the shit out of them and you got it made.

Reactions: buff

guest1492

Apr 28, 2018

I know the game says that the girls only have 2 serum tolerance, but as of right now there isn't anything preventing you from giving someone 10 serums at once.

If you want a more orthodox way to do it:
  • Performance reviews - a pay raise always raises happiness and obedience. At low sluttiness, threatening to fire a girl but reducing it to a pay cut will raise obedience as well.
  • If you come across a high sluttiness girl masturbating in the office, you can agree to help her out for 2 obedience after getting her off during sex.
  • During sex, if a girl hasn't cum yet but is at 70% or more arousal with 30% or more energy, if you try to end sex early then she can either beg you (+2 obedience) or force you (-3 obedience).
  • If a girl likes/loves being submissive, insulting her during a blowjob or talking dirty during doggy style sex will raise obedience.
  • If a girl cums while giving you a blowjob/deepthroat/skullfuck then you can raise obedience at the cost of happiness.
  • You cumming during sex will raise the girl's obedience.

There are even more ways if you use the mod. I always find (core) sluttiness harder to raise than obedience.

Reactions: dalzomo and buff

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
You may also use the discipline policies to raise obedience through busting girls jilling off and then punishing them, but that comes back around to losing happiness

I always wait on breaking 20 sluttiness with a new employee until she's over 160 obedience, which is easy through daily negging and bad reviews if you're pairing them up with jobs they like

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes