tarshack

May 15, 2018
Save don't work from 1 version to the next most of the time so your out of luck for a save for at least another week or two that will work for this update.

even saves from 36.1 labrats 2 dont work and this is second time update have had issue of saves not working when updates came out. not wasting time on mediocre games at best to do the slow boring grind grind on average game unless someone out there does have a viable save

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
I've worked around this by altering on line 209 in gui.rpy:
-define gui.choice_button_height = 125
+define gui.choice_button_height = 100

And in screens.rpy:
Line 500:
- null height 490
+ null height 125

Line 519
- null height 490
+ null height 125
This did work, annoying as hell that it was necessary though...

subli

Jul 30, 2020
I just had Stephanie get a boyfriend, get engaged, get married and then cheat on her husband all in less than a week. Is that normal?

Reactions: eldoen

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I just had Stephanie get a boyfriend, get engaged, get married and then cheat on her husband all in less than a week. Is that normal?
How high was her love for MC?
Normally for me she never gets a boyfriend because on day one we are having sex and get her love over 60 in the first week.
Lunch, movie and dinner dates work great.

Reactions: redraw and Ssato243

Doejhn

Aug 6, 2016
Yeah if you haven't met many other characters or they're all married/have love over 60 except one the relationship system will upgrade their relationship very quickly.

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
First game, second day went like this, talk to Steph at lunch, announce new boyfriend, by end of day she was married. by end of week was already cheating on him.

Champ-Champ

Jan 11, 2018
It's not that no one asked for them... it's just that YOU didn't ask for them. Probably safe to say that the models aren't going to be changing much to suit your tastes, vren's already tripled the number of faces, added several hairstyles, and added a few other (albeit minor) customizations for body hair, tan lines, eye color etc... What you are probably looking for is a swap out of the current assets to different models, and it's just not very likely at this point.

This is a sandbox management game first and foremost (unlike most "sandbox" games on this site that just gate their VN events behind a navigation and time slot concept). So the content for the most part IS the mechanics of the game, it's the piece that Vren (and a solid - if small -group of fans) enjoys the most. The game isn't a VN, it never will be.

Actually people have speculated before on this thread that most of the changes in the past few iterations have been mostly mechanical and almost set to break up the modding scene revolving around this game. most of the changes are not very experience enhancing but they're certainly fatal to any "in progress" modding effort. Modders have to change a large chunk of their code every update.

Phoenix0092

Aug 20, 2016
Alright so two things I've noticed.

1st, if I try and remove Stephanie as the head researcher she has the conversation like she has been removed but the game still treats her as head researcher and I can't assign someone else.

2nd, I can't figure out this trance thing, I know it's supposed to happen after orgasm or something but I can't seem to get it to trigger outside of the one that happens as part of the story for Stephanie.

Anyone else having these problems?
Point 1: I had to wait a day after unassigning for the option to show up on another girl.
Point 2: With the initial Serum you have a 30% on each orgasm to trigger the trance. Its luck based essentially. The Trance has 3 Levels as far as I can tell, each reducing the Clarity Cost to enact changes. Level 1 ist 100% cost, Level 2 is 50% and Level 3 is 25%. Also the more changes you enact the more expensive further changes get, although I'm not sure if the cost increase is permanent for the girl or if it is only for the current trance and the cost is reset as soon as the trance is over.

qwertysmith

May 19, 2017
I haven't tried this version yet, but from what I've read on vren's patreon, I was under the impression that the chances of getting a girl to trance are enhanced by suggestibility (or whatever vren changed suggestibility to be). I think the idea is that it's POSSIBLE to get a girl to trance without serums, but the serums are going to be required for most scenarios.
Okay so to update what I said the other day, the first part still applies I can't seem to replace Stephanie, but the second part about the trances I've figured out.
It's not very intuitive, basically it says they're in a trance in the top info under their name. Then when you're done having sex you leave the conversation with them, return to talking to them and it will be an option on the right side menu. After that you can use Clarity to do various things, which are listed on the page it takes you to.

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
Actually people have speculated before on this thread that most of the changes in the past few iterations have been mostly mechanical and almost set to break up the modding scene revolving around this game. most of the changes are not very experience enhancing but they're certainly fatal to any "in progress" modding effort. Modders have to change a large chunk of their code every update.
I've seen the speculation about the changes being designed to mess up the modders... I don't really think it's accurate. In fact the change log for the latest version on his patreon has at least one mention of things he did to try to ease the mod transitions to his new mechanics.

I get the impression Vren respects and appreciates the modders... but he's going to plow ahead with his plans and desires for the direction of the game even if that makes it more difficult on the modders.

OsoSober

Jul 22, 2018
Alright so two things I've noticed.

1st, if I try and remove Stephanie as the head researcher she has the conversation like she has been removed but the game still treats her as head researcher and I can't assign someone else.

2nd, I can't figure out this trance thing, I know it's supposed to happen after orgasm or something but I can't seem to get it to trigger outside of the one that happens as part of the story for Stephanie.

Anyone else having these problems?
Trance is based on a percentage chance after each consecutive orgasim in a row. the first percentage chance is the current suggestibility.

if no suggestibility then the first chance is 0%
this will increase by a % fore each orgasm beyond the first, this % is calcualted based on the ladies preferences and other factors

There are 3 different levels of trance ( think)
each increasing level reduces clarity cost of improvements by 50% from the previous level
level 1 = 100% clarity cost
level 2 = 50% clarity cost
level 3 = 25% clarity cost

hope this helps

Darkace

Sep 4, 2018
hello i was wondering where in the game folder i can find the stat's for changing the looks and body of people in game.

example the mother should be thinner and smaller bust / sister should be shorter and larger bust also longer hair

boblicticious

Jun 16, 2017
hello i was wondering where in the game folder i can find the stat's for changing the looks and body of people in game.

example the mother should be thinner and smaller bust / sister should be shorter and larger bust also longer hair
I would probably just use console commands, or better yet the mod set to modify these values. If you install the mod set from the github it has a character modifier you can access by pressing 'x' when talking to the character you want to modify.

Molesar

Jan 29, 2020
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/sex_mechanics.rpy", line 590, in <module>
  File "game/major_game_classes/character_related/Person.rpy", line 1820, in run_orgasm
NameError: global name 'trance_role' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 288, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 401, in script call
  File "game_roles/role_affair.rpyc", line 118, in script call
  File "game_roles/role_affair.rpyc", line 141, in script call
  File "sex_mechanics.rpyc", line 230, in script call
  File "sex_mechanics.rpyc", line 590, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 934, in execute
  File "C:\Users\Danny\Desktop\Random Stuff\RPProject\renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "game/sex_mechanics.rpy", line 590, in <module>
  File "game/major_game_classes/character_related/Person.rpy", line 1820, in run_orgasm
NameError: global name 'trance_role' is not defined

Molesar

Jan 29, 2020
Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 345, in <module>
  File "game/helper_functions/misc_helpers.rpy", line 9, in sort_display_list
  File "game/major_game_classes/game_logic/Action.rpy", line 61, in is_action_enabled
  File "game/major_game_classes/game_logic/Action.rpy", line 58, in check_requirement
  File "game/game_roles/role_girlfriend.rpy", line 5, in ask_girlfriend_requirement
  File "game/major_game_classes/character_related/Person.rpy", line 2109, in has_role
  File "game/major_game_classes/game_logic/Role.rpy", line 88, in check_looks_like
AttributeError: 'Role' object has no attribute 'looks_like'

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 245, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 333, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 934, in execute
  File "C:\Users\Danny\Desktop\Random Stuff\RPProject\renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/python.py", line 2218, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "game/script.rpy", line 345, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\Danny\Desktop\Random Stuff\RPProject\renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/python.py", line 875, in do_mutation
  File "game/helper_functions/misc_helpers.rpy", line 9, in sort_display_list
  File "game/major_game_classes/game_logic/Action.rpy", line 61, in is_action_enabled
  File "game/major_game_classes/game_logic/Action.rpy", line 58, in check_requirement
  File "game/game_roles/role_girlfriend.rpy", line 5, in ask_girlfriend_requirement
  File "game/major_game_classes/character_related/Person.rpy", line 2109, in has_role
  File "game/major_game_classes/game_logic/Role.rpy", line 88, in check_looks_like
AttributeError: 'Role' object has no attribute 'looks_like'

Molesar

Jan 29, 2020
One more

Code:

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 282, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 287, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 293, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 294, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 299, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 302, in execute
Exception: Not a displayable: <store.Action object at 0x7c8a5e9810>

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 245, in script call
  File "script.rpyc", line 354, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1981, in execute
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1969, in call
  File "C:\Users\Danny\Desktop\Random Stuff\RPProject\renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/statements.py", line 278, in call
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 569, in execute_call_screen
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 3057, in call_screen
  File "C:\Users\Danny\Desktop\Random Stuff\RPProject\renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
  File "C:\Users\Danny\Desktop\Random Stuff\RPProject\renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3213, in interact
  File "C:\Users\Danny\Desktop\Random Stuff\RPProject\renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3630, in interact_core
  File "C:\Users\Danny\Desktop\Random Stuff\RPProject\renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 567, in visit_all
  File "C:\Users\Danny\Desktop\Random Stuff\RPProject\renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 567, in visit_all
  File "C:\Users\Danny\Desktop\Random Stuff\RPProject\renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 432, in visit_all
  File "C:\Users\Danny\Desktop\Random Stuff\RPProject\renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/core.py", line 3630, in <lambda>
  File "C:\Users\Danny\Desktop\Random Stuff\RPProject\renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 443, in per_interact
  File "C:\Users\Danny\Desktop\Random Stuff\RPProject\renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/display/screen.py", line 631, in update
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 287, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 293, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 294, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 299, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 302, in execute
  File "C:\Users\Danny\Desktop\Random Stuff\RPProject\renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/sl2/sldisplayables.py", line 431, in sl2add
  File "C:\Users\Danny\Desktop\Random Stuff\RPProject\renpy-7.4.4-sdk/renpy/easy.py", line 139, in displayable
Exception: Not a displayable: <store.Action object at 0x7c8a5e9810>

Chameleo

May 20, 2017
With this new system of sluttiness, how is it possible to increase someone's sluttiness without prepaired serums? For example I'm stuck at 65 with the cousin, nothing increases it anymore. And with this new system, not even sex.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes