ARMtheWRAITh

Apr 20, 2018
im really not a big fan of all the taboo changes find it funny my sister is knocked up and taboo needs to be unlocked 8x
seems kind of stupid really pretty sure after you fuck her once taboo is more then broken..what ever though your game do as you see fit with it who am i to judge how do we go about getting sister the new phone ?let me guess its not fully implemented yet?
in file role_sister_taboo_quests.rpy modify this

elif not the_person.event_triggers_dict.get("sister_oral_quest_progress", 0) == 1:
return False

into

elif not the_person.event_triggers_dict.get("sister_oral_quest_progress", 0) == 1:
return True

i used console and it worked for me
the_person.event_triggers_dict.get("sister_oral_quest_active", True)

Last edited:

popfan

Dec 31, 2018
One issue - if you give Lily the 10 serum and they are not she is looking for you loss all the inventory of the item - I had 13 and she used only 1 but when I checked my inventory all gone

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
I'm not sure his plans for 47 address this particular issue. Now tbh, I think we should be able to get to this point 'eventually'. Becoming essentially a Chemical God. But as it is, you can get there way too quickly.
And IMHO it has nothing to do with the way serums work. It's just because there are only 2 possible states you can be in. Either you're losing money and then it's game over or you're gaining money that you invest to make even more money and it spirals out of control.

Some other games solve this by continuously increasing rent/loan payments/other expenses to keep you on the edge. But I have to say I really DO NOT like this mechanic. Especially in games that are grindy because then you can waste your time trying to stay afloat just for the game to hit you with even more bs because you were expected to be above some arbitrary number the dev pulled out of his ass. And same thing for games that are about experimenting with the mechanincs (and I would include LR2 here) because how are you supposed to experiment when youre just barely struggling to make a living.

But I have to admit that I don't know what the solution is. Only suggestion I have is to make losing money not a hard game over. Instead just make it a setback. Maybe make it force you to downscale your business and try a different strategy or something. But I woud hate to completely lose a whole bunch of progress (eg. with the women) just because the game is balanced just a bit too harshly for my (admittedly casual) ass.
The problem is the game doesn't resemble life close enough which is why others have those poor methods to deal with it.
In real life the company would have real costs attached to research not just you spending a few hours or time and the little employees cost.
Which is why I proposed the mechanic of expeditions to find new materials and of course other stuff could then be added to that.
By doing this the player has to save up money to spend on the expedition. The expedition won't cause their business to fail unless they over spend on it. But it also may not give them any fruitful results it could result in a lesser known component they already found something better than before. Which just means they have to try another expedition. That said even lesser components may have some trait attached to them they don't currently have.
You can see the basic tables I used to create a mockup for the idea below.
I've started working on a more complex system that uses binomial names and indicates the parts of the plant and animals that contain the component. So if someone wants to use the tables its fine.
The first one is just a list of traits and level of change it can effect and rank it is and so on.
The second list is a component list based on where it is found what plant.
Those also have different ranks.
Rank S components has One ranks S,A,B
Rank A components has One ranks A,B,C
Rank B components has One ranks B,C,D
Rank C components has One ranks C,D,D
Rank D components has One ranks D,D,D
The second table was simply randomly generated for testing purposes.
Anyway the table can be made a lot larger rather easily.
That's why its possible to find various components with the same trait in them but at different levels.
Technically if the table was large enough you could find 3 different S rank components of the same trait making for a really powerful serum. If you look in the list there are traits that enhance other traits based on their type they are at the bottom of the list.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

johnwick's ghost

Nov 28, 2020
I'm seeing merit to the game's progression, but, like many have mentioned, I'm feeling the grind.
After back-reading the thread, I'm searching for a few answers to keep the game interesting going forward.
I know a mod exists, but it seems problematic, beyond the bugs of the base game.
1. Has anyone discovered a way to create new clothing articles, or wardrobe pieces?
2. It seems like Bimbofication has become a popular pathway. Great. Has anyone successfully coded a way to produce even more exaggerated tits, lips, behaviors, clothing, etc. to accommodate that pathway?
3. Can the players be influenced to physically interact with each other in the same manner that they do with the MC?

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
I'm seeing merit to the game's progression, but, like many have mentioned, I'm feeling the grind.
After back-reading the thread, I'm searching for a few answers to keep the game interesting going forward.
I know a mod exists, but it seems problematic, beyond the bugs of the base game.
1. Has anyone discovered a way to create new clothing articles, or wardrobe pieces?
2. It seems like Bimbofication has become a popular pathway. Great. Has anyone successfully coded a way to produce even more exaggerated tits, lips, behaviors, clothing, etc. to accommodate that pathway?
3. Can the players be influenced to physically interact with each other in the same manner that they do with the MC?
You can do it but there is a good deal more than just coding.
You need to create a lot of images. I do mean a lot.
There are 10 breast sizes and 3 body sizes currently. Those are duplicated for all the positions they have the girls posing in 15 or so of those.
The breasts are directly attached to the bodies so there is an image made of each breast size on each body. Then there is an image of each clothing type for each of those. Those are all duplicated for each pose.

As for coding that wouldn't be to hard. That's the least of the work adding those added sizes to the list and so on.

Reactions: johnwick's ghost

luwinkle

Jan 14, 2019
This goes along with the previous question, where is the computer you are supposed to use in the next step. I thought it was in the MC's bedroom, so I must be overlooking it somewhere.
It could be yet another broken quest with this new taboo reimplementation system.

It's like they weren't even tested.

Reactions: J0J01969 and Menzo

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
Is there a cheat to unlock all research at once. Currently it is kinda annoying to regrind all of it again and use stuff like
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
to get research done.

Thanks for the help guys

JEJE2000

Nov 25, 2018
Got a error when I enter rooms
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 267, in script
    python: #Scan through all the people and...
  File "game/script.rpy", line 273, in <module>
    for possible_room_event in new_location.on_room_enter_event_list:
AttributeError: 'Room' object has no attribute 'on_room_enter_event_list'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 923, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2235, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.46.1
Wed Nov 10 04:00:39 2021

Reactions: sabia

Diconica

Apr 25, 2020
Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Just a guess trying an old save?
Those lines are new to this save. I'm guessing that's the issue because I've had no issue with them.

t.sawy3r

Aug 4, 2021
Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895

You can try this:
After updating from 0.46.0 to 0.46.1 my latest save game did not work anymore. It crashed after entering a room.

If you have the same problem you can enter the following line in console (SHIFT+O):
Python:
for place in list_of_places: place.on_room_enter_event_list = []

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes