Some Rogue AI

Mar 19, 2019
I've got a solution to immediately end all serums currently active on every character for anyone that, like me, has any bad and/or self-replicating effects that they want removed. All it takes is a simple edit to Person.rpy located in game\major_game_classes\character_related.

Find the run_turn(self) function and change this for-loop:
Python:
for serum in self.serum_effects: #Compute the effects of all of the serum that the girl is under.
    serum.run_on_turn(self) #Run the serum's on_turn funcion if it has one.
    if serum.duration_expired(): #Returns true if the serum effect is suppose to expire in this time, otherwise returns false. Always updates duration counter when called.
        remove_list.append(serum) #Use a holder "remove" list to avoid modifying list while iterating.
To this:
Python:
for serum in self.serum_effects: #Compute the effects of all of the serum that the girl is under.
    #if serum.duration_expired(): #Returns true if the serum effect is suppose to expire in this time, otherwise returns false. Always updates duration counter when called.
    remove_list.append(serum) #Use a holder "remove" list to avoid modifying list while iterating.
The change makes it so that every active serum gets added to the remove list at the end of each turn no matter its remaining duration or self-replication. Make sure to change it back afterwards, otherwise your serums will only ever last the turn they're used. Hope this helps anyone in the same spot I was in.

Crashen

Oct 2, 2017
I've got a solution to immediately end all serums currently active on every character for anyone that, like me, has any bad and/or self-replicating effects that they want removed. All it takes is a simple edit to Person.rpy located in game\major_game_classes\character_related.

Find the run_turn(self) function and change this for-loop:
Python:
    if serum.duration_expired(): #Returns true if the serum effect is suppose to expire in this time, otherwise returns false. Always updates duration counter when called.
To this:
Python:
    #if serum.duration_expired(): #Returns true if the serum effect is suppose to expire in this time, otherwise returns false. Always updates duration counter when called.
The change makes it so that every active serum gets added to the remove list at the end of each turn no matter its remaining duration or self-replication. Make sure to change it back afterwards, otherwise your serums will only ever last the turn they're used. Hope this helps anyone in the same spot I was in.
While helpful it doesn't fix my issue.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 280, in script call
    $ picked_event[1].call_action(picked_event[0]) #Run the action with the person as an extra argument.
  File "game/game_roles/role_sister/role_sister_taboo_quests.rpy", line 686, in script
    label sister_vaginal_taboo_break_revisit_quest_1(the_person):
Exception: Required parameter the_person has no value.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    $ picked_event[1].call_action(picked_event[0]) #Run the action with the person as an extra argument.
  File "game/game_roles/role_sister/role_sister_taboo_quests.rpy", line 686, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 864, in execute
    values = apply_arguments(self.parameters, renpy.store._args, renpy.store._kwargs)
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 159, in apply_arguments
    return parameters.apply(args, kwargs, ignore_errors)
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 123, in apply
    raise Exception("Required parameter %s has no value." % name)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.46.1
Tue Nov  9 00:58:37 2021
Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/game_roles/role_sister/role_sister_taboo_quests.rpy", line 688, in script call
    call serum_inventory_select_ui(mc.inventory, the_person, batch_size = 10)
  File "game/game_roles/role_sister/role_sister_taboo_quests.rpy", line 688, in script call
ScriptError: could not find label 'serum_inventory_select_ui'.

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1485, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
  File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Tue Nov  9 00:59:31 2021
I am crashing when I am triggering the quest and I don't know what part of the code need to be fixed to progress.

t.sawy3r

Aug 4, 2021
I'm guessing it's just because I'm using an "old" save (.46 ffs) but anytime I visit any of my ladies on this patch I get an exception error now?

I hope most the bugs are fixed but it's pretty annoying to need a new save for an update patch.

You can try this:
After updating from 0.46.0 to 0.46.1 my latest save game did not work anymore. It crashed after entering a room.

If you have the same problem you can enter the following line in console (SHIFT+O):
Python:
for place in list_of_places: place.on_room_enter_event_list = []

Some Rogue AI

Mar 19, 2019
Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
    values = apply_arguments(self.parameters, renpy.store._args, renpy.store._kwargs)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
I am crashing when I am triggering the quest and I don't know what part of the code need to be fixed to progress.
My "fix" is only really for removing ongoing serum effects. It wasn't intended to fix runtime errors.

t.sawy3r

Aug 4, 2021
Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
These errors looks like the ones that were actually fixed in 0.46.1.
In file "role_sister_taboo_quests.rpy" at line 680 there was a missing "return" and the line "call serum_inventory_select_ui" should be "call screen serum_inventory_select_ui".
Attached is the original file from 0.46.1. You could compare the file in your game's subfolder for differences.

Python:
        "I understand.":
            mc.name "Yeah, I guess that'll have to be enough."
            "[the_person.possessive_title] smiles and breathes a sigh of relief."
            the_person "I was worried you were going to make a big deal out of it."
            the_person "Thanks for being a cool brother [the_person.title]."
            $ the_person.change_slut(-10)
            $ mc.log_event(the_person.title + "'s taboos restored!", "float_text_red")
    $ clear_scene()
    # insert missing "return"
    return

mc.name "I've got some serum for you and your friends."
    # insert missing "screen"
    call screen serum_inventory_select_ui(mc.inventory, the_person, batch_size = 10)
    # call serum_inventory_select_ui(mc.inventory, the_person, batch_size = 10)
    $ the_serum = _return
    if _return == None:
        mc.name "Actually, I forgot to grab them from the office. I'll be back another time."
        "[the_person.possessive_title] pouts, but nods her understanding."
        return

Last edited:

waffel

Donor
Aug 29, 2017
Yes thats maybe the problem. Too much for me ^^
What kind of games do you normally play? If you play games like minecraft, City Skylines, any AAA title, The Sims and such, you will be fine ^ . ^
kampade VirginGirls!!

Edit: If you want to, I can make a picture by picture guide for you to the first tech setup, and you'll be good from there ;)

Last edited:

Isilindil

Apr 29, 2018
Someone posted before fix for phone quest (for previous version of the game), but what is a command to skip it if I don't want to replay x hours of the game in my current run?

werefrog

Dec 22, 2018
Have you seen his plans for 47.
Right now I can play the game and by day 24 I pretty much have won. I have money coming in and can just sit back and mess with all the women.
I'm not sure his plans for 47 address this particular issue. Now tbh, I think we should be able to get to this point 'eventually'. Becoming essentially a Chemical God. But as it is, you can get there way too quickly.
And IMHO it has nothing to do with the way serums work. It's just because there are only 2 possible states you can be in. Either you're losing money and then it's game over or you're gaining money that you invest to make even more money and it spirals out of control.

Some other games solve this by continuously increasing rent/loan payments/other expenses to keep you on the edge. But I have to say I really DO NOT like this mechanic. Especially in games that are grindy because then you can waste your time trying to stay afloat just for the game to hit you with even more bs because you were expected to be above some arbitrary number the dev pulled out of his ass. And same thing for games that are about experimenting with the mechanincs (and I would include LR2 here) because how are you supposed to experiment when youre just barely struggling to make a living.

But I have to admit that I don't know what the solution is. Only suggestion I have is to make losing money not a hard game over. Instead just make it a setback. Maybe make it force you to downscale your business and try a different strategy or something. But I woud hate to completely lose a whole bunch of progress (eg. with the women) just because the game is balanced just a bit too harshly for my (admittedly casual) ass.

eike2000

May 9, 2017

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 276, in script call
File "game/game_roles/role_mother/role_mother_taboo_quests.rpy", line 169, in script
python:
File "game/game_roles/role_mother/role_mother_taboo_quests.rpy", line 171, in <module>
the_person.break_taboo(a_taboo, add_to_log = False, fire_event = False)
TypeError: break_taboo() got an unexpected keyword argument 'fire_event'

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 276, in script call
File "game/game_roles/role_mother/role_mother_taboo_quests.rpy", line 169, in script
python:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 923, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2235, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/game_roles/role_mother/role_mother_taboo_quests.rpy", line 171, in <module>
the_person.break_taboo(a_taboo, add_to_log = False, fire_event = False)
TypeError: break_taboo() got an unexpected keyword argument 'fire_event'

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.46.0
Tue Nov 9 23:56:51 2021
Mom role is "fire_event" unexpected

t.sawy3r

Aug 4, 2021
How do you do Lily's Last Taboo Quest The Vaginal one? No serum works?
I think there is still a bug in the file "..\game\major_game_classes\serum_related\SerumInventory.rpy"
For me, these changes worked:

Python:
        def get_max_serum_count(self): #Returns the count of the highest group of serums you have available.
            highest_count = 0
            for design in self.serums_held:
                if self.get_serum_count(design[0]) > highest_count:
                    highest_count = self.get_serum_count(design[0])

return highest_count
Attached is the modified file.

boondox

Oct 29, 2017
Tha
I think there is still a bug in the file "..\game\major_game_classes\serum_related\SerumInventory.rpy"
For me, these changes worked:

Python:
        def get_max_serum_count(self): #Returns the count of the highest group of serums you have available.
            highest_count = 0
            for design in self.serums_held:
                if self.get_serum_count(design[0]) > highest_count:
                    highest_count = self.get_serum_count(design[0])

return highest_count
Attached is the modified file.
Thank you!

J0J01969

Aug 10, 2019
where can i find the mc's computer? I changed the moms opinion on incest, with trance, and now read the post+comments on her computer, it says i need to change them on my computer or something like that. Is that even possible yet?

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
ive mentioned in this post several times since game came out about how pregnancy never appears anywhere on the NPC information OR detailed information stat pages and someone replied back and i saved notes to note pad
pregnant_role = Role("Pregnant", [], hidden = False)

to show pregnant tag in detail screen change line 185 in roles.rpy from

pregnant_role = Role("Pregnant", [], hidden = True) to
pregnant_role = Role("Pregnant", [], hidden = False)

be warned changing this, will show pregnant tag before any in game dialog of pregnancy

ive never been able to find roles.rpy so id just enter the command pregnant_role = Role("Pregnant", [], hidden = False)
in console sometimes it worked and sometimes it didnt (some reason depended on the NPC)
wondering if anyone else has ideas of where to edit so that pregnancy shows on stats screens,etc?

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
im really not a big fan of all the taboo changes find it funny my sister is knocked up and taboo needs to be unlocked 8x
seems kind of stupid really pretty sure after you fuck her once taboo is more then broken..what ever though your game do as you see fit with it who am i to judge how do we go about getting sister the new phone ?let me guess its not fully implemented yet?

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes