Algalon

Jun 12, 2017
Ran into that as well and fixed it.
To fix it, open the offending file, role_mother_taboo_quests.rpy, and go to line 812.
Change mc.business.mandatory_crises_list(decision_event) into mc.business.mandatory_crises_list.append(decision_event)
Thank you :cool:

Rohise

Oct 7, 2018
Ran into that as well and fixed it.
To fix it, open the offending file, role_mother_taboo_quests.rpy, and go to line 812.
Change mc.business.mandatory_crises_list(decision_event) into mc.business.mandatory_crises_list.append(decision_event)
Thanks for the fix. It works.

Not really relevant to the discussion but: I just spent two and a half hours grinding coffee by hand with a mortar and pestle. Shit fucking sucks.

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
You might not mind the character models, many people don't. But I honestly don't expect anyone to complain if these were improved.
Oh, my sweet, summer child. People will still fucking complain no matter what. Personally, while I disliked the graphics in the beginning, the game won me over on its granularity and control of detail, which is my jam.

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
I changed Lily's name but her room still has it marked as Lily. Is it possible to change her room's name on the "map"?
The room names are in script.rpy. Find line that starts with lily_bedroom. Don't change that first one as that is the games internal variable, but change the names of the two within quotes in that line. "Lily's bedroom" to whatever you want it. Those two are the display names.

Carrotzzz

Mar 16, 2017
Does Vren test the new features at all? Like, the way it's written right now, the city rep can never be trained to have a skimpy uniform because the if statement is using a blatantly incorrect string as an argument.

The relevant code snippet in role_city_rep.rpy is written
Code:
        if the_person.get_known_opinion_score("Likes Skimpy Uniforms") > 0:
            return True
When it should be (and it took me less than 5 minutes to find the bugfix for a game that I did not write and presumably don't have as intimate a knowledge of as Vren)

Code:
        if the_person.get_known_opinion_score("skimpy uniforms") > 0:
            return True
This isn't even an edge case either. This could be found literally just by consoling your way to having enough clarity/attention/whatever-resource and just trying to activate the command using in game prompts and realizing that it doesn't work.

I like the game a lot, but stuff like this (which shows up in some form or other literally every update) is just so baffling every time.

Reactions: gutterclown

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Does Vren test the new features at all? Like, the way it's written right now, the city rep can never be trained to have a skimpy uniform because the if statement is using a blatantly incorrect string as an argument.

The relevant code snippet in role_city_rep.rpy is written
Code:
        if the_person.get_known_opinion_score("Likes Skimpy Uniforms") > 0:
            return True
When it should be (and it took me less than 5 minutes to find the bugfix for a game that I did not write and presumably don't have as intimate a knowledge of as Vren)

Code:
        if the_person.get_known_opinion_score("skimpy uniforms") > 0:
            return True
This isn't even an edge case either. This could be found literally just by consoling your way to having enough clarity/attention/whatever-resource and just trying to activate the command using in game prompts and realizing that it doesn't work.

I like the game a lot, but stuff like this (which shows up in some form or other literally every update) is just so baffling every time.
Good catch. Thanks

milfluv69

Dec 28, 2017
Are we ever going to get role appropriate pregnancy dialogue? It's pretty immersion breaking to have a character react to being knocked up by a relative by just saying 'hey I'm pregnant, just thought you should know'

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes