Perdurabo

May 4, 2017
i also voted for this to be implemented and i am also glad that there will be policies for narrowing what typ you want to hire. I always hatet it if you need a supplier and you get 3 researcher ... in the beginning it is always reload and try again.
I also think that it will not take long until the non random characters get better stats, because if you have some things that must be done before hiring them it means that at the point where you could hire them your production will be standing and by hiring them you should fire one of your molded personal, because you don't need so much personal on some positions.

And i have never questioned that vren is working at a good pace on his game. I am questioning his communication and his sometimes random looking focus for what he does. And i totally get it, that you should have as much fun while working as possible, but communication should be able to tell people if goals are changing.

And to drive one point home, in my perspective something has changed and that is the balance between story and mechanics. At the beginning it looked like both would be evenly matched or even there will be mechanics but they will not be so important like the story. By now i think the mechanics are more important as the story.
As i said before, i don't think that this is bad. What i think is missing is a clear statement where this game will move. If i need 8 hours of play to get my economy running so i can spend time on the story, it vastly impacts what story i am expecting. If i have the drugs to get everything and than start with the taboo restore missions it feels wrong. And maybe it is the way i play that get me at this point but with the last update i started corrupting my family after my the economics where absolut safe and i had a bunch of money.
So the question is for me at which point in the game is the right time to do things. And here i think Vren has no idea how he wanted it to be.
If the economic is hard and force you to first establish your economic and after this you can switch to other content, the other content should be designed to be logical after this phase. If content is designed so you do it between your economic actions than the economic should be easier than in the first case.
So what is the main focus?
- Corrupting your family?
- Corrupting your staff?
- A economic challenge?
- A story about the rise of your economic empire?
in my opinion every main focus (who will combined with other points of this list) needs his own approach and it changes the design of everything around it.
I think the issue is that this is way more sandbox than people are used to. And not sandbox like those 'grind for a stay from 1-1000 at 0.01 gain per day' terrible things, but more like skyrim. There may be quests to do things with family members, but you don't have to, at all.

The focus of the game, really, is establishing your business to fund the corruption of whoever you choose to. IF you choose to corrupt anybody. You might just choose to run on the up and up.

Draculesti

May 20, 2019
I think the issue is that this is way more sandbox than people are used to. And not sandbox like those 'grind for a stay from 1-1000 at 0.01 gain per day' terrible things, but more like skyrim. There may be quests to do things with family members, but you don't have to, at all.

The focus of the game, really, is establishing your business to fund the corruption of whoever you choose to. IF you choose to corrupt anybody. You might just choose to run on the up and up.
I think you misunderstood what i was writing. (And it is grinding obedience and happinines from ~80 to ~140 for every of your workers or your family for every day for a long time)
It is a economic simulation like patrizier or similiar games, it is not sandbox. (Skyrim was a really bad comparison in my opinion)
Sandbox is it if you could decide what you do and when and most often in bad games you don't know where and when you can do it. This game forces you to do the economic part and this is no problem because it is a simulation for economics.

KEKBUR

Sep 15, 2016
So what is the main focus?
- Corrupting your family?
- Corrupting your staff?
- A economic challenge?
- A story about the rise of your economic empire?
in my opinion every main focus (who will combined with other points of this list) needs his own approach and it changes the design of everything around it.
I think i know what you are feeling.

However, its tiered so obviously first you need to get your economy safe (you borrowed it from your mother after all if you look at it from a RP standpoint) and then you can - while doing that - start corrupting everyone around you, later focus on the really hardcore parts where you change them both bodily and mentally with higher tier drugs you invent when economically in the safe zone.

So isnt it all the above but at different points in the game progression?

But yeah i personally want more family stuff - like now with unique dialogues through their corruption etc... I can live without fleshing out the economy part even further quite well :p

Draculesti

May 20, 2019
I think i know what you are feeling.

However, its tiered so obviously first you need to get your economy safe (you borrowed it from your mother after all if you look at it from a RP standpoint) and then you can - while doing that - start corrupting everyone around you, later focus on the really hardcore parts where you change them both bodily and mentally with higher tier drugs you invent when economically in the safe zone.

So isnt it all the above but at different points in the game progression?

But yeah i personally want more family stuff - like now with unique dialogues through their corruption etc... I can live without fleshing out the economy part even further quite well :p
Yes this is what i mean, i was going for
2 in Research
6 in Production
6 in Supply
1 in Marketing
1 in HR
Main Stat at 7, skill at minimum 6, Obedience ~ 150, Salary by ~38
corporate policies Batch size improvement 3, Employee Count Improvement 3, Tier 2
This need ~ 4 to 5 Month, why does it take so long ... limiting factor is stamina

At this time you are researching Tier 3 and you can start corrupting without worrying, has taboo restore quests at this point any meaning to you, no it hasn't because it is no longer nessesary to go with them.
Yes you can say it is RP it didn't need any benefit and meaning ingame ... but i think this is lazy, if there is content it should have a benefit and a meaning if you do it.
Why is it, that it has no longer a meaning? Because it is designed for you to do in T0 or T1? But if you do it then you risk your economy.
This is why i was questioning if it is the right decision to design the quests for T0 or T1 and make the economics so that you are naturally in T3 at this point.

Most of this is out of my memory, i only played one game with the current version and it was much easier as the last version before the patch so take all my numbers with a grain of salt.

KEKBUR

Sep 15, 2016
Yes you can say it is RP it didn't need any benefit and meaning ingame ... but i think this is lazy, if there is content it should have a benefit and a meaning if you do it.
Why is it, that it has no longer a meaning? Because it is designed for you to do in T0 or T1? But if you do it then you risk your economy.
I agree that it should probably have some kind of ingame reward (not sure what) other than just managing to corrupt your family (which should and now is harder than randoms).

I am not sure if its because we have been following and playing the game for some time - because if a totally new person started playing this game i am not sure they would do what most of us "veterans" do and focus on getting the economy under control so you can focus on corruption. They will be doing trial and error and won't know that they need extra time to corrupt family while trying to keep the business going. I still now and then see people ask how to survive economically in the game (must be new bros to the game).

Mishun

Jan 27, 2018
I don't know all the details, but get Sis to the point where she is making money (I have no idea if it is through buying high level pics on InstaPic or just testing potions will be enough) so she contributes to the family, then on Saturday when Mom asks for help with the bills she will ask if you know where Sis is getting the money. At first she will talk about doing normal pics with Sis, but that should get you started. There may be more triggers, but telling her about InstaPic is one of the options (probably if you have the convince mom quest).
event does not happen, can i force it with console?

boobthief

May 25, 2017
event does not happen, can i force it with console?
That event should be triggered by helping Lily take Instapic photos each week (not buying photos) and a mom sluttiness > 20 i.e. she is already selling you favors to pay the bills.

I absolutely do not recommend forcing events because you can end up with a broken save or unable to play content but you can:

Python:
call mom_weekly_pay_lily_question(mom)

boobthief

May 25, 2017
I agree that it should probably have some kind of ingame reward (not sure what) other than just managing to corrupt your family (which should and now is harder than randoms).
Steam Achievement unlocked: "You motherfucker!"

I am not sure if its because we have been following and playing the game for some time - because if a totally new person started playing this game i am not sure they would do what most of us "veterans" do and focus on getting the economy under control so you can focus on corruption. They will be doing trial and error and won't know that they need extra time to corrupt family while trying to keep the business going. I still now and then see people ask how to survive economically in the game (must be new bros to the game).
Part of the fun was the challenge of figuring out the formula (hiring people with the highest scores for their jobs and getting production going ASAP) but it looks like the aim is to simulate running Theranos but successfully. I think there should be an easy life trust fund baby mode e.g. you start off inheriting $1 million and a really big brain. Maybe mc.int = 99; mc.business.funds = 1000000

Draculesti

May 20, 2019
Steam Achievement unlocked: "You motherfucker!"

Part of the fun was the challenge of figuring out the formula (hiring people with the highest scores for their jobs and getting production going ASAP) but it looks like the aim is to simulate running Theranos but successfully. I think there should be an easy life trust fund baby mode e.g. you start off inheriting $1 million and a really big brain. Maybe mc.int = 99; mc.business.funds = 1000000
with the console you have this mode, but like someone mentioned i think two sides before this, it breaks easily the game. I havent tried it in a while but in the past this was the easiest way
mc.business.effectiveness_cap=200;mc.business.team_effectiveness=200
if you go with this bancrupt than it is not that your people are not working hard enough for there salary ;-)
but you could also simple use as you suggested
mc.business.funds=1000000
i don't even knew if you can spend a million.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
I do not recommend cheating anyone's attributes or skills much beyond the normal maximums. Some mechanics are not written to account for too-high results and I believe that's what causes at least one of the infinite recursive crashes

Reactions: eldoen

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
I do not recommend cheating anyone's attributes or skills much beyond the normal maximums. Some mechanics are not written to account for too-high results and I believe that's what causes at least one of the infinite recursive crashes
or the many threads of why can't I get the suggestion serum to work on steph. is almost always down to starting a game and cheating stats early. that is like a first 2 game days event.

Reactions: dalzomo

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
Yes, better to avoid doing it that way. Easier to just keep re-upping player's max energy (along with targeted character's max energy if possible) and doing stat increases/mind stuff normally. Also becomes alot easier once decent serum tech increases suggestibility (and also max energy, etc.). Using console to increase stats directly can definitely lead to "issues," although can't speak to infinite recursiveness...

Reactions: eldoen and dalzomo

sunqian3000

Sep 28, 2021
well mom doesnt have a tiktok, look at her computer, and continue in your room
computer is vaginal taboo , don't present bug . bug is after anal taboo control network speech , after that there were no plot triggers for lifting taboo .

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
computer is vaginal taboo , don't present bug . bug is after anal taboo control network speech , after that there were no plot triggers for lifting taboo .
ok let's narrow this down, in any of the quests MOM doesn't have a social media account except the forum she is on.
we are talking about this dialog correct

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hint, you are not trying to get Mom to take said photo for her own account, cheats can break this quest. But one
of the prerequisites.

1 sis asks you to take insta pic and you accepted

2 mom asks during the Saturday sit down how sis is helping with finances and you throw sis under the bus.
cheats can break #2

3 convince sis to take insta pics with mom.

don't remember if it was bugged that if you didn't have those first before starting, but since the first is part of the original instapic progression, it is early in the game as long as you consistently hit up sis for instapic, the 2nd item happens.

have anal sex with sis, get the quest. in theory this could happen before mom is taking instapic with sis. much less likely in 48 or later.

continue to include mom in Pics,

the entire quest is spread between the original instapic file and the sis taboo file.

otherwise not seeing for mom anal taboo, her dalog

El

Last edited:
Reactions: Ssato243

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
my mom sluttiness is 60 , it went on for weeks without triggering a anal taboo lifting conversation .
and second part, what is mom's opinion, easier to change that opinion with trance, it can be changed
with sluttiness and getting her to the point she walks around the house topless, but as you say that takes
forever. But min sluttiness is 50 and the opinion

Last edited:
3.40 star(s) 127 Votes