AnotherMike

Mar 26, 2020
You actually want to use purchase_policy rather than buy_policy. Two different functions. The issue is that the Vren coded purchase_policy as a global method but is calling it as an instance method...

So change:
attention_floor_increase_2_policy.purchase_policy(ignore_cost=True)
to
purchase_policy(attention_floor_increase_2_policy, ignore_cost=True)

in role_city_rep.rpy lines 69, 77, and 321. (attention_bleed_increase_2_policy on 321)
Ah, so the buy_policy only buys the policy while the purchase_policy also activates it and triggers any related events. And for some reason the purchase_policy code is hidden away the the management_ui-file, that's what I get for not doing a proper search.

Guess I'll be manually activating a policy or two through the console next time I start the game to sort out this half-way-mess I've gotten myself into :)

Damya

Jul 31, 2017
Daily dose duty doesn't trigger. It's already mentioned but I checked a bit how it works.

It's broken in many ways:
1. It's supposed to be called from employee_on_move that is never triggered.
And that function should call daily_serum_dosage_duty_on_move but there's a condition that's never true anyway.
2. The function is defined as daily_serum_dosage_duty_on_move(self, the_person) and it doesn't need "self" argument.
It shows an error with this definition.
3. daily_serum_dosage_duty_on_move checks if a person already used serum but there's a wrong condition again:
if the_person.event_triggers_dict.get("daily_serum_distributed", False):
And even if you replace it with True, the flag is never cleared. So it would work only once like this.

I tried to make a workaround by switching daily_serum_dosage_duty_on_move function with on_day but it still has several issues:
1. It triggers only once/day now.
2. It triggers every day including weekends. I'm too lazy to check how conditions were supposed to work.
3. It spams log window with serum effects. But it would be like that anyway.

You can try to use these files but consider it just a bandaid fix.

Thaunatas

Aug 25, 2021
Ok but every time I chose "Sell serums", it says "you sold O serums".
Strange... what version of the game are you playing? It used to be that you had to manually mark the serums that should be sold. But that was reworked a couple of updates ago. Now you should open a window by clicking "sell serums" where you see all serums you have in stock on the left side and value information on the right side. Sounds to me like you arent playing on the recent version

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
Great game, only request idea, add some bdsm elements or sex toys would be awesome especially since there is a sex tou store.
Likely gonna occur eventually, but Vren kinda a one man operation, so can only do so much per month. Though seems to be mostly done fixing business side stuff for now. Be lucky to get new models or faces someday... and your request prolly would at least require new models. Still, having serums affect player prolly more reasonable to expect soon. If ever!

hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
Likely gonna occur eventually, but Vren kinda a one man operation, so can only do so much per month. Though seems to be mostly done fixing business side stuff for now. Be lucky to get new models or faces someday... and your request prolly would at least require new models. Still, having serums affect player prolly more reasonable to expect soon. If ever!
Yeah I want to use the +Energy/-Max Arousal ones on myself

Crying smiles

Mar 28, 2021
I have a suspicion, that maybe, Vren does not have the time to do debugging. he just dumps an executable, and let us do the correction for him. And later he will take that as use it as the new patch.
Not that i mind or what, since it is fun playing and correcting to the extend, that i am looking forward to where and when an error will occur.

Thaunatas

Aug 25, 2021
I have a suspicion, that maybe, Vren does not have the time to do debugging. he just dumps an executable, and let us do the correction for him. And later he will take that as use it as the new patch.
Not that i mind or what, since it is fun playing and correcting to the extend, that i am looking forward to where and when an error will occur.
Very unlikely, since he doesnt read this forum, or any other forum his game is posted in. He only seems to take feedback from his patreons. And seeing that many bugs are left in the game unattended for a long time, it seems like he doesnt really care about it. He just dumps more buggy stuff on top of it, as long as people are willing to pay him for it.
I dont care much, I will wait for the modders to fix his crap, even if it means having to play 2 or 3 versions behind the official game version, but I prefer to have the additional (and working) game content they add to the game. Tried playing vrens new versions but couldnt stand it. Game isnt fun at all without the qol added by the mod.

Reactions: Jaxter

Damya

Jul 31, 2017
Is there a way to hire family?
Yes, you can hire Mom, Sister, Aunt and Cousin.
There can be special dialogue options with conditions, for example I had to hire Cousin first to convince Aunt.
I'm not sure when it becomes available though.

hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
Daily dose duty doesn't trigger. It's already mentioned but I checked a bit how it works.

I tried to make a workaround by switching daily_serum_dosage_duty_on_move function with on_day but it still has several issues:
1. It triggers only once/day now.
2. It triggers every day including weekends. I'm too lazy to check how conditions were supposed to work.
3. It spams log window with serum effects. But it would be like that anyway.

You can try to use these files but consider it just a bandaid fix.
Quick note: this does not work with existing saves where you have the policy active already.

Jasra343

Oct 4, 2018
how do you force them to wear work uniforms? I bought the perk and even made a uniform based on the slut number limit, but they won't wear it

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
And seeing that many bugs are left in the game unattended for a long time
Not arguing, just curious. What bugs are you referring to as unattended for a long time? I don't mean mechanics the modders don't agree with. Only crash bugs or things that are obviously not working as intended as stated by Vren in changelogs or code notes

Reactions: eldoen

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
how do you force them to wear work uniforms? I bought the perk and even made a uniform based on the slut number limit, but they won't wear it
Did you assign the uniform using the new option Manage Employee Uniforms available in the Main Office? You may have to scroll the action list to see it, and any changes might take a day to go into effect. If you have already done so, your employees could still choose not to wear it. I don't remember if the option to confront them about that appears without the Office Punishment business policy from the Organization Policies tab

Jasra343

Oct 4, 2018
Did you assign the uniform using the new option Manage Employee Uniforms available in the Main Office? You may have to scroll the action list to see it, and any changes might take a day to go into effect. If you have already done so, your employees could still choose not to wear it. I don't remember if the option to confront them about that appears without the Office Punishment business policy from the Organization Policies tab
so, highlight all departments green?

eldoen

Jun 30, 2021
Not arguing, just curious. What bugs are you referring to as unattended for a long time? I don't mean mechanics the modders don't agree with. Only crash bugs or things that are obviously not working as intended as stated by Vren in changelogs or code notes
mom and sis taboo bugs lingered for 3 Vren versions, College girl, really can't blame Vren on his own logic bug, but was silent not calling a second path in her tutoring, that was in code for 3 versions

Before Bugfix went to the alternate schedule some fixes could be in bugfix fof 3 to 4 months before showing up in Vrren

Reactions: dalzomo

dawlben

Jan 11, 2021
Heres a collection of info/console commands gleaned from trial and error + other users here etc (i take no credit):

I found the one to add more Duties.
the_person.work_experience = xx
I've set it to 20 and still able to duties... don't know if the code dislikes that though.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes