AnotherMike

Mar 26, 2020
Hi,
I thought I would give the game another play with the changes for duties and family changes since my last try. Duties are not bad, still working on my family.

in version 50.1 is there a bug where the policy for paid serum testing does not work. I bought the policy but the option does not appear for any of my employees. Either that or something changed in activating it that I have missed in the previous changelogs.

Thanks for any replies.
Serum testing also depend on duties so just unlocking the policy isn't enough, you also have to activate the corresponding duty on the employees you want to to use as drug-testers.

Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, the daily dose policy doesn't seem to do anything even if you set it as a duty so unless there's a further step required to activate it that I've missed, that one does seem to be bugged.

Malechai

Nov 30, 2020
Anyone know how to get in touch with the developer? Just thought of a great late game addition. After you've maxed out a catagory of stats why not let the completed goals get you some extra free clarity?

Sheepy Cloud

Apr 22, 2020
Serum testing also depend on duties so just unlocking the policy isn't enough, you also have to activate the corresponding duty on the employees you want to to use as drug-testers.

Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, the daily dose policy doesn't seem to do anything even if you set it as a duty so unless there's a further step required to activate it that I've missed, that one does seem to be bugged.
Same requirements as when previously using it.
(You need to have a serum selected for that specific branch of the company.)

Anyone know how to get in touch with the developer? Just thought of a great late game addition. After you've maxed out a catagory of stats why not let the completed goals get you some extra free clarity?
You can try contacting him on his Patreon, but otherwise I don't believe there's another way.
(There probably is, like a Discord, Twitter, etc, but I don't know them, and they're not linked here.)

Because that is what the developer likes to do instead of working on better art, scenes, etc..
The game uses renders, not art.
Also, the increased complexity makes the game last longer, and gives players more to do.
And, if that's too much for you, you can always save-edit to bypass all the work.

• Angry
Reactions: 4GunZ

terry175

Feb 25, 2017
i think the game have started to go into new system development mode but the actual game content like story line has not been expanded at all for a while..

Reactions: 4GunZ

TheBat89

Apr 6, 2017
Has Vren said anything about adding in taboo breaks for the cousin and aunt? I know a lot of people thought they were meaningless or otherwise didn't like them but I enjoyed them a lot for the mother & sister.

AnotherMike

Mar 26, 2020
Same requirements as when previously using it.
(You need to have a serum selected for that specific branch of the company.)
That doesn't seem to work. From what I've gathered (with my admittedly limited knowledge of ren'py & python) it doesn't seem like the event for the daily dose is even triggered.

With a few manual edits using the console and a few changes to the code so that everything doesn't crash, I've managed to get it to trigger now but only unfortunately only once.

For anyone wondering what I've done to (maybe?) make it work, it's this:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

but as I said, that only made it trigger once. As far as I can tell, the code uses a flag on the employees that's gotten their daily drugs to keep them from getting multiple doses but that flag, which should get reset at the end of the day, somehow isn't reset.

unfortunately I haven't been able to figure out why that flag isn't reset, can't find any obvious errors so somewhat tempted to simply remove the check for that flag since there are other things in place to prevent double dosing that hopefully might work. :)

edit:
I did manage to get it working regularly now, not just once, added an edit-part inside the spoiler-tag with the final change. This last part was because the game only wants to run duty-related logic if the person is at work, but at the end of the day, at night, no employees are actually at work :)

after a VERY quick test this seems to work now, but no idea if I've broken something else with these changes. Though, as far as I can see daily serum seems to be the only thing using the "on_day" and "on_move" events (when it comes to duties) so it SHOULD be reasonably safe, I think, maybe....

Last edited:

psygax

Oct 5, 2017
Anyone know why I keep crashing during the City Admin visit? It happens whenever I try any of the Special Actions and 50/50 when I try "Make Small Talk" option.

ignus31

Feb 25, 2018
When Ms. Carroll visits me and I tried to seduce / bribe / intimidate / negotiate with her:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 262, in script call
$ picked_option.call_action()
File "game/general_actions/location_actions/business_actions.rpy", line 200, in script call
call advance_time from _call_advance_time_6
File "game/script.rpy", line 419, in script call
$ crisis.call_action()
File "game/major_game_classes/business_related/Attention_Events.rpy", line 50, in script call
call attention_visit(city_rep)
File "game/major_game_classes/business_related/Attention_Events.rpy", line 477, in script call
call talk_person(the_person, keep_talking = False)
File "game/script.rpy", line 380, in script call
$ _return.call_action(the_person)
File "game/game_roles/role_city_rep.rpy", line 135, in script call
call apply_sex_slut_modifier(the_person)
File "game/general_actions/location_actions/business_actions.rpy", line 200, in script call
$ crisis.call_action()
File "game/major_game_classes/business_related/Attention_Events.rpy", line 50, in script call
File "game/major_game_classes/business_related/Attention_Events.rpy", line 477, in script call
ScriptError: could not find label 'apply_sex_slut_modifier'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
$ crisis.call_action()
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1485, in execute
rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
$ crisis.call_action()
File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'apply_sex_slut_modifier'.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.50.1
Thu Mar 10 19:22:10 2022

Thaunatas

Aug 25, 2021
So im having a really hard time installing the mod on windows. im very new to all this and im kind of lost. Any help would be very much appreciated.
The Mod is not compatible with 0.50. The next planned release will be for 0.52. And you find a step by step installation guide on the mods front page under "Installation"

Last edited:

Ghostfist

Mar 10, 2022
The Mod is not compatible with 0.50. The next planned release will be for 0.52. And you find a step by step installation guide on the mods front page under "Installation"
Are console commands able to be used on 0.50?? and if so how do i go about doing that?

Oct 14, 2020

This one occurs from trying to bribe the city rep. Anyone know how to fix?
Looks like Vren assumed .append would return the new list (which it really should, but whatever, can't change 20 year old python definitions).

You will have to change lines 90, 131, and 192 in role_city_rep.rpy from this form:

$ the_person.event_triggers_dict["bribe_attempts"] = the_person.event_triggers_dict.get("bribe_attempts",[]).append("cash_bribe")

to this:

$ the_person.event_triggers_dict["bribe_attempts"] = the_person.event_triggers_dict.get("bribe_attempts",[]) + ["cash_bribe"]

Same for "seduction_attempted" (line 131) and "order_attempted" (line 192).

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes