MaxTheDark

Apr 11, 2021
Or ask one of your emplyoees to seduce the business guy
About that, I always wondered, is there a combination of stats that makes them actually have sex and maybe have the employee come back with cum on her face or something?

hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
About that, I always wondered, is there a combination of stats that makes them actually have sex and maybe have the employee come back with cum on her face or something?
All I had happen is she will come back half an hour later, say "all done" and he offers you 5000 in exchange for 1% of your income

slowpersun

May 30, 2017
slowpersun re: energy discounts, Vren is adding a discount based on sex skill to the game. 5% per level, so MC can get up to a 40% discount (with 8 in a skill) while girls can potentially get higher through training and serums. I've been testing it as a personal mod for a while and am pretty excited that he's adding it to the game
FINALLY!!! I am definitely a fan of the general game systems code implementation choices for this game (graphics aside), but the fact that the action system is/was only determined by simple arithmetic has been a subject of much comedy. 5% per level is a very reasonable change, plus tying it to skill system prolly less complicated than serum system.

Still kinda surprising that there isn't any serums for dudes/a male dick size stat, but that's kinda outside the concepts of this game...

Reactions: redraw and dalzomo

vitamin433

May 11, 2018
FINALLY!!! I am definitely a fan of the general game systems code implementation choices for this game (graphics aside), but the fact that the action system is/was only determined by simple arithmetic has been a subject of much comedy. 5% per level is a very reasonable change, plus tying it to skill system prolly less complicated than serum system.

Still kinda surprising that there isn't any serums for dudes/a male dick size stat, but that's kinda outside the concepts of this game...
My guess, that the logic is "bruh-dealers don't do bruhs" or something like this.
Srsly, if we can mess-up MC, that 146% will lead to bugs and (eventually) cutting this system off.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016

Yeah, I was hoping the modest 5% amount would appeal to him and it did. :) It also gives more purpose to the sex skill serums since I don't know about you but I never looked twice at them aside from filling contracts, nor sex skill training via trances. I also think the ease of implementing it also helped, since my pitch only amounted to changing 9 lines. And he even made it simpler than that since I was focused on only changing lines, not adding them, but as the dev he has the prerogative to change the code to fit his needs

He hasn't reacted much to other game mechanic ideas I've had, though granted those were just spitballing and not fleshed out code suggestions, so I was prepared for him to reject it. In that case I was confident enough with it to offer it to the The Mod community and as a standalone QoL mini-mod of sorts for the mostly-vanilla players like me. I'm working on two more ideas along those lines, with a few more stewing on the back-burners of my brain. But I'm a determined dabbler, not an experienced coder, so it's taking me a while to muddle my way through them lol

re: self-dosing and dick size, I agree with you that self-dosing doesn't fit the theme so far but who knows if he'll add something in the future (like a line of male performance drinks the MC branches off into?) especially if someone pitches it to him just right. He does have a "big dicks" sexy opinion in the game so he at least had the idea at one point. You can trance a girl into having it, but I don't think it does anything yet. Perhaps it's a concept from the early game he planned to revisit in the future but forgot

My guess, that the logic is "bruh-dealers don't do bruhs" or something like this.
Srsly, if we can mess-up MC, that 146% will lead to bugs and (eventually) cutting this system off.
What is the 146%?

Reactions: redraw

hyfka

Mar 8, 2021
It also gives more purpose to the sex skill serums since I don't know about you but I never looked twice at them aside from filling contracts, nor sex skill training via trances
Very high sex skill makes it easier for the MC to get multiple orgasms

Reactions: dalzomo
Oct 14, 2020
Don't know about you, but my company almost entirely makes non-mind-control serums that increase intelligence, energy, ability to orgasm, and skill in bed. My MC would take those serums in a heartbeat.

Of course if the MC could fall into a trance from multiple orgasms even without suggestibility drugs (like women can), I might reconsider it, hah.

But that is when you add an anti-suggestibility trait for your own serum. The benefits of being the pharma co.

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
Very high sex skill makes it easier for the MC to get multiple orgasms
How high is "very high?" That is an aspect I may have overlooked due to very early experiences in the game with not having the energy to get back to 10 arousal after climaxing

jhondunbar

Feb 27, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/script.rpy", line 264, in script call
$ picked_option.call_action()
File "game/general_actions/location_actions/business_actions.rpy", line 185, in script
python: #Build our list of candidates with our proper recruitment requirements
File "game/general_actions/location_actions/business_actions.rpy", line 189, in <module>
candidates.append(make_person(mc.business.generate_candidate_requirements()))
File "game/helper_functions/random_generation_functions.rpy", line 10, in make_person
return_character = create_random_person(**requirement_dict)
File "game/helper_functions/random_generation_functions.rpy", line 273, in create_random_person
work_experience = work_experience,type=type)
File "game/major_game_classes/character_related/Person.rpy", line 1215, in __init__
self.change_job(job)
File "game/major_game_classes/character_related/Person.rpy", line 3376, in change_job
for a_role in new_job.job_roles:
AttributeError: 'Job' object has no attribute 'job_roles'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 264, in script call
$ picked_option.call_action()
File "game/general_actions/location_actions/business_actions.rpy", line 185, in script
python: #Build our list of candidates with our proper recruitment requirements
File "renpy/ast.py", line 923, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2235, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/general_actions/location_actions/business_actions.rpy", line 189, in <module>
candidates.append(make_person(mc.business.generate_candidate_requirements()))
File "game/helper_functions/random_generation_functions.rpy", line 10, in make_person
return_character = create_random_person(**requirement_dict)
File "game/helper_functions/random_generation_functions.rpy", line 273, in create_random_person
work_experience = work_experience,type=type)
File "game/major_game_classes/character_related/Person.rpy", line 1215, in __init__
self.change_job(job)
File "game/major_game_classes/character_related/Person.rpy", line 3376, in change_job
for a_role in new_job.job_roles:
AttributeError: 'Job' object has no attribute 'job_roles'

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.50.3
Wed Apr 6 19:38:22 2022

Reactions: pmmephatasses
Oct 14, 2020
How high is "very high?" That is an aspect I may have overlooked due to very early experiences in the game with not having the energy to get back to 10 arousal after climaxing
Works the same as with women. Higher skills will arouse more. So no interesting breakpoints if that is the question. Getting them to enough skill to hit 10 arousal in one turn is a nice benefit.

Would be great if multiple orgasms had a benefit for the MC though - like each one adds 0.5x higher clarity generation so first deepthroat is 2.0, second is 2.5, third is 3.0 or something.

Reactions: redraw and dalzomo

dalzomo

Aug 7, 2016
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As mentioned in the OP, please put all crash reports in spoiler tags :)

First, is this a new game begun with version 0.50.3? Even if it was begun with 0.50.1 and updated to 0.50.3 a new game needs to be started

Second, I don't know if this zig will stop your crashes, but I found a potential typo while looking for possible causes

Open game\major_game_classes\character_related\Job.rpy line 71
a_jog_role should probably be changed a_job_role
and tell us if you still get the crash

Apr 21, 2018
At least there's some advancement in the plot, but bloody hell, sounds like I should wait till at least mom and sis' storylines are completed.

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes