orion77

Mar 28, 2017
Hello.
I have resign epidemic. Every worker have happiness and obedience of 100 and higher and love at least 30 but every few days in summary i hve like 5-6 that are unhappy and want to resign so nest day i need to give them raises. 140 happiness is unhappy?

RogueKnightUK

Co-Writer: Retrieving The Past
Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Hello.
I have resign epidemic. Every worker have happiness and obedience of 100 and higher and love at least 30 but every few days in summary i hve like 5-6 that are unhappy and want to resign so nest day i need to give them raises. 140 happiness is unhappy?
100 is baseline. In the code, the characters will all drift towards 100 happiness (from either direction) over time, unless you do actions that raise or lower it, or put them in situations that raise or lower it. 100 isn't therefore 'happy' but rather neutral - 100% of baseline.

To be safe from quitting, I tend to find you need staff to either be well paid, accounting for raises in stats since their initial level, or to have happiness higher than 200.

orion77

Mar 28, 2017
100 is baseline. In the code, the characters will all drift towards 100 happiness (from either direction) over time, unless you do actions that raise or lower it, or put them in situations that raise or lower it. 100 isn't therefore 'happy' but rather neutral - 100% of baseline.

To be safe from quitting, I tend to find you need staff to either be well paid, accounting for raises in stats since their initial level, or to have happiness higher than 200.
Thanks. I figure this out. Every department in my company was taking serum that increases stats. better stats = better work = they want more money.

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

trunip190

Jul 23, 2017
I'm very confused about Starbuck's fetish researches. I've been running oral fetish for a few ingame weeks, and they have 5 oral, but fetish still says 'none'. is there some other pre-requisite, or trigger?
or do i need to do a specific action to trigger it?

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
How much exactly have you paid?

You see, I've never seen this game for sale, and if anyone is selling it, I'm fairly sure it is without the dev's permission (that shit does happen though). The only way I've seen to give the dev any money is via his patreon, where you are not paying for this, but supporting a developer who's trying to do something new and innovative, as a patron. Hate to break it to you, but that doesn't 'buy' anything, but rather is support. Patronage.

Of course, perhaps you knew all that and simply think this creative coding malarky is all easy. So why not make us all a mod, for free obviously since such things as coding all the stuff isn't worth anything, just to show what you mean?
Let me get my glasses, is that...Is that a white knight? Before you get bent out of shape yes you are white knighting, and I was only making fun. But yeah you're right it's not *paying* for the game, it's active support towards a finished project. All in all Lab Rats was good this...I'll hold my tongue.

orion77

Mar 28, 2017
How get more frequent events? I tried raising numbers in crysis file but still the same. I did this in Lab rats and it worked but here somehow no effect

Tyrfing

May 11, 2018
check the discord server and the last couple pages for mods/merged mods

Um, maybe i am just blind, but i could not find anything there :(

Would it be possible to add at least maybe Starbucks to the OP or someone might be so nice and post a content mod for us here?

Edit: Found Starbucks for 15.0 on page 70 :)

ParadigmShift

Mar 4, 2019
How get more frequent events? I tried raising numbers in crisis file but still the same. I did this in Lab rats and it worked but here somehow no effect
Crisis events are controlled by two things:

1. Each event has a weight associated with it, which is a measure of how likely an event is to occur relative to other events. From what you've said, this is what you attempted to manipulate.
2. The game has a static 10% chance for any event to occur, located in the script.rpy, that is checked every time you advance time periods. Search for the following line:
if renpy.random.randint(0,100) < 10: #ie. run a crisis 10% of the time.
and modify the 10 to whatever number you desire to alter the occurrence rate of crisis events. Its located down near the bottom of the file inside the advance_time function. This is the value you were actually looking for.

2+. As of v15.1, there is a separate list of *morning* events that can occur, that has a separate chance to happen. Search for the following line and alter if you wish to increase how often these events occur:
if renpy.random.randint(0,100) < 10: # We run morning crises 10% of all mornings
Be aware that there are only a couple morning events right now. Only 2 I think.

Reactions: RogueKnightUK

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
you're right it's not *paying* for the game, it's active support towards a finished project...
For a Patreon account.

Sometimes that account is for a specific project, and sometimes it is for a dev, who when they finish a project commence the new one from the same Patreon account page. We cannot yet know which this is, as even if we knew what Vren intended, it is possible he may change his mind.

Nowhere is there a contract that says if he abandons work at some point, so there is never a finished project, you get all your money back, so it is very much safe to say this is not just 'towards or for a finished project'. The truest and simplest statement was the one given - this is support of a devs work and effort, NOT the results of that work and effort.

Reactions: Ghostly Hale

random78905

Sep 7, 2017
Alright what am I supposed to be doing to raise Core Sluttiness with serums? I can raise it just fine via orgasms but if I try and raise temporary sluttiness with a serum it also raises core sluttiness temporarily so suggestibility can't affect anything. Should I do just suggestibility and not sluttiness on the serum?

RogueKnightUK

Game Developer
Jul 10, 2018
Alright what am I supposed to be doing to raise Core Sluttiness with serums? I can raise it just fine via orgasms but if I try and raise temporary sluttiness with a serum it also raises core sluttiness temporarily so suggestibility can't affect anything. Should I do just suggestibility and not sluttiness on the serum?
Okay, the basic principle is that ordinarily, Temp Sluttines is just temporary and all dissipates over time. With any serum that raises suggestibility, you gain that percentage chance that in each time period one point of temporary sluttiness above the core sluttiness will be converted to +1 point of core sluttiness.

If you have a serum that gives 70% suggestibility, then for each time unit, each person affected by the serum who has temp sluttiness higher than core sluttiness, there is a 70% chance to have one point of that temp sluttiness become +1 core sluttiness. If the duration of that serum was 5 turns, then in total you get 5 times that 70% chance will be rolled.

So you need some way to raise temp sluttiness before or during the time that a person is affected by increased suggestibility. Anything that raises core sluttiness is actually a bit of a hinderance, because only the temp sluttiness above the value of core sluttiness can be converted.

Reactions: MisterL and darlic

cj1015

Apr 26, 2018
Hmmm...
This is a game breaker
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 7314, in script call
    python:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8110, in script
    $ mc.business.player_production()
  File "game/script.rpy", line 8110, in <module>
  File "game/script.rpy", line 723, in player_production
    production_amount = self.production_progress(mc.focus,mc.int,mc.production_skill)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 658, in production_progress
    serum_count = self.serum_production_array[production_line][2]//the_serum.production_cost #Calculates the number of batches we have made (previously for individual serums, now for entire batches)
ZeroDivisionError: integer division or modulo by zero

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    python:
  File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.15.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.15.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
    production_amount = self.production_progress(mc.focus,mc.int,mc.production_skill)
    serum_count = self.serum_production_array[production_line][2]//the_serum.production_cost #Calculates the number of batches we have made (previously for individual serums, now for entire batches)

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.15.1
Fri Apr 19 21:34:29 2019

LZ_Starbuck

Mar 25, 2019
Hmmm...
This is a game breaker
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    python:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    python:
  File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.15.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\user\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0.15.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.15.1
Fri Apr 19 21:34:29 2019
This is a known issue, not sure if Vren has it fixed in his newest version or not. Basically, make sure you are taking a production trait when you make a serum. There is a special trait that doesn't have the production flag but that increases your trait total. If you use this, you have a production cost of zero and then will get this error.

Reactions: cj1015

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
For a Patreon account.

Sometimes that account is for a specific project, and sometimes it is for a dev, who when they finish a project commence the new one from the same Patreon account page. We cannot yet know which this is, as even if we knew what Vren intended, it is possible he may change his mind.

Nowhere is there a contract that says if he abandons work at some point, so there is never a finished project, you get all your money back, so it is very much safe to say this is not just 'towards or for a finished project'. The truest and simplest statement was the one given - this is support of a devs work and effort, NOT the results of that work and effort.
I get ya, it's that... Fuck my option, it doesn't matter. I expected better from Vren. It's a good game and all it's just that... Speak your mind, if it was that great you wouldn't have deleted the game after ten minutes of play time. Yo inner thoughts could you not? State the truth? Sure carry on. Thank you. I'm sorry he buds in sometimes. Now where was I?

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
You were about describing again how you deinstalled the game because it was that deeply, devastatingly disappointing to you. Or so guesses my inner voice.

Reactions: Ghostly Hale
3.40 star(s) 127 Votes