metallicaphil

Dec 14, 2017
every time i try to start a new game i get this
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 7562, in script call
    call create_test_variables(store.name,store.b_name,store.l_name,return_arrays[0],return_arrays[1],return_arrays[2]) from _call_create_test_variables ##Moving some of this to an init block (init 1specifically) would let this play better with updates in the future.
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9571, in script
    python:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9737, in <module>
    place.add_person(create_random_person()) #We are using create_random_person instead of make_person because we want premade character bodies to be hirable instead of being eaten up by towns-folk.
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2537, in create_random_person
    hair_colour = generate_hair_colour() #Hair colour is a list of [string, [colour]], generated with variations by this function,
  File "game/random_lists.rpy", line 249, in generate_hair_colour
    hair_colour[component_index] = hair_colour[component_index] * (1-shade_factor)
TypeError: can't multiply sequence by non-int of type 'float'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 7562, in script call
    call create_test_variables(store.name,store.b_name,store.l_name,return_arrays[0],return_arrays[1],return_arrays[2]) from _call_create_test_variables ##Moving some of this to an init block (init 1specifically) would let this play better with updates in the future.
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9571, in script
    python:
  File "C:\Users\phil\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0181-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.18.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\phil\Downloads\Lab_Rats_2-v0181-pc\Lab_Rats_2-v0.18.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/script.rpy", line 9737, in <module>
    place.add_person(create_random_person()) #We are using create_random_person instead of make_person because we want premade character bodies to be hirable instead of being eaten up by towns-folk.
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2537, in create_random_person
    hair_colour = generate_hair_colour() #Hair colour is a list of [string, [colour]], generated with variations by this function,
  File "game/random_lists.rpy", line 249, in generate_hair_colour
    hair_colour[component_index] = hair_colour[component_index] * (1-shade_factor)
TypeError: can't multiply sequence by non-int of type 'float'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Lab Rats 2 - Down to Business v0.18.1
Tue Jul 09 20:12:17 2019

RealHoxton

Nov 25, 2017
Got the same error message, it seems that the mod pack caused that error for me.
After i deleted the mod pack, I was able to start a new game.

Old saves caused errors even after I deleted the mod pack

ICHIBANnerdy

Jul 19, 2017
Just use these for now until a more stable mod comes out. Press Z anytime to edit MC, but wait until you choose to talk to someone to edit them, do it after you click their names. Also, it will give you an error message for editing NPCs but just ignore it. Another thing to worry about is do not use when you're in conversation (event) with Alexia. Use it when you can just talk to her on the streets or something.

EDIT: Alright so I think Alexia fucks up the cheat mods, I'm not sure if all of the cheats don't work but I know appearance fucks it up. So make sure you save on a new slot before you talk to Alexia or else it'll make the Z button useless.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
It sounds like your serum is using a component that lowers sluttiness while increasing something else or it developed a side effect that lowers sluttiness. If it is the later, research the different serum components to lower the side effect chance. Then recreate the serum.
Wow, I did not see that coming. There is a Libido Suppressant I didn't add that must have come up as a side effect. Now a different issue, the target's sluttiness, the one that is supposedly permanent, drops by half a heart the next day when I get up to two full in the permanent color as if half of that second heart was still temporary sluttiness. I raised it by making her orgasm through seduction, which is already difficult to get a success on at this point..

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018
The game is still a grindfest. Not at the levels of the Russian grind, but a grind fest nonetheless. Still, a lot of things are much clearer now. I still would love to see how much each employee is contributing to their department somewhere outside of the recruitment page. Yeah, now we know the math, but once you move past 10 people it's kind of an useless choir.
Models are still... meh. Some people will probably have issues with that.
The research screen is as elegant as a hungry, horny, drunken bear in a subway station. Needs some form of redesign.

There are a few bugs I've encountered, nothing game-braking for me till now (most seem to be problems with the title system. As a whole - I'm having fun and the game gets better with each update.

Eourynomus

May 7, 2017
I don't know if this is an issue, but i can't go to the mall or gym, or anywhere else from the "market" section. Only can speak with someone in them, but the "do something" option is unavailable. Need to go further in the story? Also, is normal that Sis love never go above to 100?

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018
I don't know if this is an issue, but i can't go to the mall or gym, or anywhere else from the "market" section. Only can speak with someone in them, but the "do something" option is unavailable. Need to go further in the story? Also, is normal that Sis love never go above to 100?
There is nothing to do at those places, except talking/seducing girls.
Unless I am mistaken 100 is the maximum the love stat can go for everyone.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
The game is still a grindfest. Not at the levels of the Russian grind, but a grind fest nonetheless. Still, a lot of things are much clearer now.
This is not LR2 specific but a general game design problem. Everytime a user wants 'managable progression' there will be 'grind'. LR1 went the other way by mostly using RND as a tool which wasnt appreciated either. People mostly despise randomized stat changes and ask for progression oriented games but then hate the grind. A ever-turning wheel ;)

Reactions: Lazarus37

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018
This is not LR2 specific but a general game design problem. Everytime a user wants 'managable progression' there will be 'grind'. LR1 went the other way by mostly using RND as a tool which wasnt appreciated either. People mostly despise randomized stat changes and ask for progression oriented games but then hate the grind. A ever-turning wheel ;)
Well, currently the game is a grind fest, tho from how it's developing I don't believe the end result will be one. Depends on how much content is added.

Menzo

Oct 9, 2018
Wow, I did not see that coming. There is a Libido Suppressant I didn't add that must have come up as a side effect. Now a different issue, the target's sluttiness, the one that is supposedly permanent, drops by half a heart the next day when I get up to two full in the permanent color as if half of that second heart was still temporary sluttiness. I raised it by making her orgasm through seduction, which is already difficult to get a success on at this point..
Do you mind adding some screen shots so I know exactly what you are referencing?

Zurax

Mar 25, 2017
I wasn't sure if I should post this, it's just some console commands I used a lot while playing and wrote down for easy access for myself. Pretty sure there are mods that do a lot most of this, everything except for changing a persons likes/dislikes (I think). I just added some comments to make it easier to understand for those unfamiliar with using console commands.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Deleted member 229118

Oct 3, 2017
I wasn't sure if I should post this, it's just some console commands I used a lot while playing and wrote down for easy access for myself. Pretty sure there are mods that do a lot most of this, everything except for changing a persons likes/dislikes (I think). I just added some comments to make it easier to understand for those unfamiliar with using console commands.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks

Nonya Bizz

May 12, 2018
I feel like if the game does have any legit issues right now that aren't just "design choices", it's how you can 'perform' during sex with a person. A lot of the daily quests can get annoying at times, but stuff like "make a person cum 5 times in a row" is literally impossible because even trying to kiss them will raise your own stuff just as much as theirs, and if you do raise it by a bunch then too bad you made the person too slutty and now they got bored with kissing and all other actions still only do the same amount of arousal instead of doubling since they're slutty.

It'd be a neat little work-around if you could just use one of your stamina to continue the sex instead of having to start it up all over again, or just have an ability that makes raising their arousal compared to yours much higher or some way to slow your arousal.

Reactions: toolkitxx

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018
or just have an ability that makes raising their arousal compared to yours much higher or some way to slow your arousal.
I'm pretty certain this is how sex skills are supposed to work, but they are reduced or something by the sex skill of the girl. Need to make a girl cum 5 times? Do it in public with a low-slutness girl. Like, you do have 30+ to pick from. Or just replace the quest on the next day (doing it on the same day tends to just give you the same quest again).
The quest do get ridiculous at times, because they are generated by a formula and most aren't capped in some way (I think only new blood is). It's probably something that will get addressed in time.

lolotech

Oct 7, 2018
Got bored, decided to try fix a few things, surprisingly that bit of code makes an error popup during "<Stay Right Here>" dialogue and also the leave before she cums (breaks whole game) now doesn't show up and works correctly.

game>personalities.rpy
typo, Line: 1897
if the_personson.relationship == "Single":
if the_person.relationship == "Single":

HerrGrimes

Sep 27, 2017
i've bought all the uniform related policies but no outfits show up in the main office 'manage employee uniform' menu?

3.40 star(s) 127 Votes